Not able to revise the already entered hours in PWA 2003

While trying to revise already entered hours in PWA we are getting following
error message.

"There is a problem updating some of the the task information because of the
conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin about
these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"

We checked the project plan and the hours entered in PWA and in the project
plan for the task & duration in question and they are nowhere in sync
(Actuals in Project plan are double the actuals in PWA 2003).

Can some one suggest what needs to be done to resolve this issue.

We are using Project Web access 2003, MS Project Professional 2003 and MS
SQL Server 2000.
We are the admins.

There is no way to guide you with the information you provided, like which
record is accurate? You can synch the two up by republishing the tasks in
question and choosing to overwrite actual work in PWA in the republish
dialog.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"novice" <novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While trying to revise already entered hours in PWA we are getting
> following
> error message.
>
> "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because of
> the
> conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin about
> these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
>
> We checked the project plan and the hours entered in PWA and in the
> project
> plan for the task & duration in question and they are nowhere in sync
> (Actuals in Project plan are double the actuals in PWA 2003).
>
> Can some one suggest what needs to be done to resolve this issue.
>
> We are using Project Web access 2003, MS Project Professional 2003 and MS
> SQL Server 2000.
> We are the admins.

0
Gary
4/23/2010 8:18:59 PM
Hi Gary, Thanks for the response. I am sorry for the confusion.

I had changed the actuals in the project plan and republished the plan.
After republishing the project plan, I tried to correct the values for the
same task iin PWA as well, but I am still getting the same error message.

"There is a problem updating some of the the task information because of the
conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin about
these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"

Is this something to do with SQL Server.

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> There is no way to guide you with the information you provided, like which
> record is accurate? You can synch the two up by republishing the tasks in
> question and choosing to overwrite actual work in PWA in the republish
> dialog.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "novice" <novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While trying to revise already entered hours in PWA we are getting
> > following
> > error message.
> >
> > "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because of
> > the
> > conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin about
> > these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
> >
> > We checked the project plan and the hours entered in PWA and in the
> > project
> > plan for the task & duration in question and they are nowhere in sync
> > (Actuals in Project plan are double the actuals in PWA 2003).
> >
> > Can some one suggest what needs to be done to resolve this issue.
> >
> > We are using Project Web access 2003, MS Project Professional 2003 and MS
> > SQL Server 2000.
> > We are the admins.

When you used the republish feature, did you select the checkbox to

> Hi Gary, Thanks for the response. I am sorry for the confusion.
>
> I had changed the actuals in the project plan and republished the plan.
> After republishing the project plan, I tried to correct the values for the
> same task iin PWA as well, but I am still getting the same error message.
>
> "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because of
> the
> conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin about
> these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
>
> Is this something to do with SQL Server.
>

> "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> There is no way to guide you with the information you provided, like
>> which
>> record is accurate? You can synch the two up by republishing the tasks in
>> question and choosing to overwrite actual work in PWA in the republish
>> dialog.
>>
>> --
>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "novice" <novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > While trying to revise already entered hours in PWA we are getting
>> > following
>> > error message.
>> >
>> > "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because
>> > of
>> > the
>> > conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin
>> > about
>> > these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
>> >
>> > We checked the project plan and the hours entered in PWA and in the
>> > project
>> > plan for the task & duration in question and they are nowhere in sync
>> > (Actuals in Project plan are double the actuals in PWA 2003).
>> >
>> > Can some one suggest what needs to be done to resolve this issue.
>> >
>> > We are using Project Web access 2003, MS Project Professional 2003 and
>> > MS
>> > SQL Server 2000.
>> > We are the admins.

0
Gary
4/27/2010 9:22:28 PM
Novice,

As Gary said, it's hard to visualize your issue. It all depends on
what exactly happened on your project plan. Actual Work values might
be edited in project plan and it may be causing the discrepancy in AW
and AWP.

 Please refer my article to find out your scenario and solution.

                    http://www.epmcentral.com/articles/protactuals.php

Thanks
Chak
pVector Technologies
http://www.epmcentral.com

On Apr 27, 2:10=A0pm, novice <nov...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Gary, Thanks for the response. I am sorry for the confusion.
>
> I had changed the actuals in the project plan and republished the plan.
> After republishing the project plan, I tried to correct the values for th=
> same task iin PWA as well, but I am still getting the same error message.
>
> "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because of =
the
> conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin abou=
> these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
>
> Is this something to do with SQL Server.
>

> "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
> > There is no way to guide you with the information you provided, like wh=
ich
> > record is accurate? You can synch the two up by republishing the tasks =
in
> > question and choosing to overwrite actual work in PWA in the republish
> > dialog.
>
> > --
> > Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> > Business:http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> > FAQs:http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> > BLOG:http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> > "novice" <nov...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > While trying to revise already entered hours in PWA we are getting
> > > following
> > > error message.
>
> > > "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because=
 of
> > > the
> > > conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin =
about
> > > these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
>
> > > We checked the project plan and the hours entered in PWA and in the
> > > project
> > > plan for the task & duration in question and they are nowhere in sync
> > > (Actuals in Project plan are double the actuals in PWA 2003).
>
> > > Can some one suggest what needs to be done to resolve this issue.
>
> > > We are using Project Web access 2003, MS Project Professional 2003 an=
d MS
> > > SQL Server 2000.
> > > We are the admins.- Hide quoted text -

Chak
4/29/2010 1:56:27 AM
Hi Gary,

Thanks much for the suggestions.

I had changed the actuals in the project plan and republished the plan.
While republishing the plan I am getting below message:

The actual work in "<Project Plan_Name>" may be out of sync with the actual
work updated from timesheets.

Do you want to sync with protected actuals when you save this project? (Y/N)
If I take Y, then the values remain unchanged, ie (13h	13h	16h	8h), if I
take N then the updated values (4h	4h	4h	2h) are getting published in the
project plan. But these hours are not getting reflected in iLog/Timesheet.

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> When you used the republish feature, did you select the checkbox to
> overwrite actual work in PWA?
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "novice" <novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Gary, Thanks for the response. I am sorry for the confusion.
> >
> > I had changed the actuals in the project plan and republished the plan.
> > After republishing the project plan, I tried to correct the values for the
> > same task iin PWA as well, but I am still getting the same error message.
> >
> > "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because of
> > the
> > conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin about
> > these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
> >
> > Is this something to do with SQL Server.
> >

> > "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
> >
> >> There is no way to guide you with the information you provided, like
> >> which
> >> record is accurate? You can synch the two up by republishing the tasks in
> >> question and choosing to overwrite actual work in PWA in the republish
> >> dialog.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> >> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> >> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> >> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
> >>
> >> "novice" <novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You need to turn off the feature that forces all work to come from PWA in
order to take this action. Turn it off, republish the project, turn it back
on.

--

> Hi Gary,
>
> Thanks much for the suggestions.
>
> I had changed the actuals in the project plan and republished the plan.
> While republishing the plan I am getting below message:
>
> The actual work in "<Project Plan_Name>" may be out of sync with the
> actual
> work updated from timesheets.
>
> Do you want to sync with protected actuals when you save this project?
> (Y/N)
> If I take Y, then the values remain unchanged, ie (13h 13h 16h 8h), if I
> take N then the updated values (4h 4h 4h 2h) are getting published in the
> project plan. But these hours are not getting reflected in iLog/Timesheet.
>
> "Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> When you used the republish feature, did you select the checkbox to
>> overwrite actual work in PWA?
>>
>> --
>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "novice" <novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Gary, Thanks for the response. I am sorry for the confusion.
>> >
>> > I had changed the actuals in the project plan and republished the plan.
>> > After republishing the project plan, I tried to correct the values for
>> > the
>> > same task iin PWA as well, but I am still getting the same error
>> > message.
>> >
>> > "There is a problem updating some of the the task information because
>> > of
>> > the
>> > conflicts with the project server database. Contact the server admin
>> > about
>> > these tasks. Some actuals on tasks were not updated"
>> >
>> > Is this something to do with SQL Server.

0
Gary

We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit.
We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Please put your question in the body of your post. The subject isn't big enough. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Des" <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:445B6C35-2C3B-4BB3-BDC2-438B4281DCC5@microsoft.com... > We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Des <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Exchange 2003 adprep question....Urgent
I currently have a Windows 2000 Server which is a domain controller, and is also running Exchange Server 2003. I'm going to be adding a new Windows 2003 Server (which will also be a domain controller), and will be migrating the existing Exchange Server 2003 to the new server. My question is in the adprep process.... From the research I've done, it appears I should be able to just run the adprep commands on the existing Windows 2000 box, dcpromo the new Windows 2003 Server, install Exchange 2003 on the new server, migrate the mailboxes, and perform the procedure in KB822931 to remove...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
I have exchange 2003 working find against an outlook 2002 client. However, I cannot get it working against the outlook 2003 client. I am running Outlook 2003 Beta 2 with the latest refresh. The error I get is it cannot find the Exchange Server. Outlook Web client works fine. The Outlook 2002 client works fine. Any possible hints to look for? Thanks Can you ping the exchange server by name? Have you tried using a Hosts file? Delete and recreate the profile? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archiv...

Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003
Hi The Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003. Is there another tools that has the similar functionality? Just designing the AD on the workarea is not good enough to get a good view of the AD och LDAP Directory. I just want too design, not import/export or any other functionality. /Magnus ...

EXCEL 2003 MACRO Problem
Hi all gurus please help. I have a windows schelduler to open at a certain time and when the cells have been updated the file closes. The problems i'm having it the file stays open and i have to manually close the open file on a weekly basis, the cells are not updated either? Please see my code below: Private Changed As Boolean Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'start with the workbook showing unchanged Changed = False ' create our shutdown timer Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), procedure:="ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close" ...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2
I am preparing to install both these service packs. I have Dell servers/san, and run an active/passive cluster. I have the Enterprise Ed. of Windows Server 2003. Has anyone had trouble with these service packs in relation to Exchange, clusters, Dell hardware or trouble between the two service packs working with each other. I can call Dell for support on their products, but was especially nervous about the cluster and Exchange. Would you do one server, and then intentionally delay the 2nd to test the water, or is it best to keep clustered Exchange servers in sync. Any advice apprecia...

Exchange 2003 problem after sp1 installation
After the sp1 installation users unable to access recent emails with both OWA and Outlook 2003! Somebody can help me please! Many thanks, Giampiero First, is this Exchange 2003 SP1 or Windows 2003 SP1? Can they access any of their messages? Or only recent (meaning what? the last few weeks? days?). This could be related to your antivirus software. Try stopping your antivirus software temporarily and see if that helps. I have seen E2K3 servers with Symantec Mail Security do this before. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www.somorita.com Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: htt...

How do I enable OWA 2003 change password faclility.
Guys, Is there a way one can enable the password change facility on OWA 2003 running on Exchange 2003? I need to make this work so that users connecting through OWA can change their account passwords. Thanks -- Buchi Hi Buchi, The information is outlined in the following Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EB7ADB-024B-43A7-87BB-0FD2587892D4@microsoft.com...

Working hours #2
Hi, I have helpdesk inquiries logged in at various times of the day. Sinc our working hours are from 08:00 to 17:00, I would like to the clock t start the next working day if the inquiry arrives after working hours. Can anyone suggest what formula I should use? Example of cell A1 content: 13/06/2005 14:05 Thanks Han -- Hani Muhtad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46722 Hi Hani Try =IF...

accidentally entered #'s as %s
i have a hugh spread sheet. the numbers were accidentally entered as percentages. how can i get rid of the percentage formatting w/o the decimal point changing position. ie. i want -0.251% to read -.251. when i undo the percentage formatting it ='s -0.002514568. sorry:( i know it's a basic question, but i can figure this out for the life of me. thanks put 100 in a cell somewhere, and copy this cell, select the region o your values, and paste special, multiply, and reformat to numbe -- duan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- duane's...

Help with counting user entered text values
Hi, Version: Excel 2000 Situation: In Column G, I will have testers entering in their initals. I would like to display the tester's initals in column H of another worksheet with the number of times that set of intals appeared in column G on column I of the other worksheet. The catch is that I do not have a list of the testers initals ahead of time, so I'll need to pull them from column H. Thanks for any and all help in advance, David Hi David, H10: DAL i10: =COUNTIF(G:G,H10) or if you don't want to see 0 if H10 is empty I10: =IF(H10="","",COU...

Print out of Outlook 2003
I have several pc's networked printing to a Xerox Phaser 6180. 1 and only 1 pc is printing a similiar invalid string of characters, (ă□Ă□□), in the upper left hand corner when printing e-mails out of Outlook. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? And most importantly, how to fix it? ...

MX records and Exchnage 2003
Hi, we have an Exchange 2003 server and have nearly finished migrating from Exchnage 5.5, we only have the internet connector left on the 5.5 server. We have now got to create the internet connector on the Exchnage 2003 server and have heard we should have MX records in our DNS which we haven't. Currently everything works fine withou these MX records, do we need to create them??? Ou current connector simply forwards all emails o our ISP's IP address... Hope you can help Thanks Andy My guess is that your ISP is currently managing your MX record on the Internet that other In...

To be able to have multiple contacts per vendor address
I received a suggestion at convergence to be able to assign multiple contacts to each vendor address ID (cards | purchasing | vendor | address). Then when you are entering purchase orders you should be able to select from a list of contacts in the Purchasing Vendor Detail Entry window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003
Dear all, If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? Thx. Vensia On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new >feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? >Thx. there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your database is (normally) 200...

dll not able to insert data
i dont understand what went wrong with this code....i am not able to insert data....with my dll can anybody help me out there....pls I have include in project->setting->link->object/library module->c:/ .lib //This is dll function short setQuoteToDB(BSTR* strDateTimeStamp, short* intMarketNo, BSTR* strMarketName, BSTR* strBid, BSTR* strAsk, short...

In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered?
In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered? 4E01 is scientific notation for 40 (4*10^1=4*10=40) If you want to keep the cell showing 4E01 (as text), you can either preformat the cell as text or start your entry with an apostrophe: '4E01 Excel information...??? wrote: > > In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered? -- Dave Peterson ...

Add hours together
I'm trying to do up a timesheet - very basic mon-fri. I have time in and lunch and time out. At the end of each row I have a formula that calculates 7:15 hours i.e. number of hours worked that day. When I try to add up the five rows for the weekly total I get 12:15 but it should add up to 36:15 i.e. 36 hours and fifteen minutes. I've tried converting to serial number but can't seem to get it to work. There was a mention of a link to cpearson but that seems very complicated. I just want to add hours together to get a total number of hours. On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:22:05 -0700,...

Best way to enter address, body of letter, closing..Macros? Templa
In WP10, (pardon me for saying that out loud here) I was taught to make macros for doctor's addresses, basic body of letter, etc. Easy! How to do it in Word or what is "the way it should be done"? This eliminated a lot of repetitive typing of the same thing. The letters were all different (not a form letter) and the address on each letter was different from the rest (not same letter going to many different addresses). For the life of me, I am lost! Need training fast! Would like to do it the "right" way right from the start! In WP, for inst...

Microsoft 2003 Error Message: cannot read file
I was using Microsoft 99. Recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003. When I try to open money.mny I get the following message: Money cannot locate 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\MyDocuments\Money\Money.m ny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and click OK to try again. 1...

Entering dates without slashes
How can I enter dates in month day year, example 102507 and have the slashes entered or have Excel recognize the data as a date field. I want to be able to enter dates faster, is the bottom line. Bob, Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Bob Spencer" <bob@tsif.com> wrote in message news:OKVhCuyFIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I enter dates in month day year, example 102507 and have the slashes entered or have Excel > recognize the data as a date field. I want to be able to enter dates faster, is the bottom...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003?
When you purchase Exchange 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 User CAL's are you licensed to use Outlook 2003 on the client computers? I noticed they sent an Outlook 2003 CD with the server bundle but it requires a key. >-----Original Message----- >When you purchase Exchange 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 User CAL's are you >licensed to use Outlook 2003 on the client computers? I noticed they sent >an Outlook 2003 CD with the server bundle but it requires a key. > > > >. >No you are still required to purchase the office license. Or you can buy individu...

Exchange 2003 Question #2
Dear all, I have a machine hosting the Windows 2003 Domain Controler (GC) and another machine (member domain controler) which has Exchange 2003 Installed. My question is, When I add new users in the Exchange box I get the add Email account wizard but when I add users in the GC machine there is no option for adding email account. How do I get the add Email Wizard in the GC machine? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. You need to install the Exchange System Manager on the Domain Controller, setup the Exchange setup select Custom and choose on to install the Exchange System Manager. -- Mark Fugat...

Fixed
Fixed - KB943985 Breaks Excel 2003 CSV Try Downloading KB952208, this should fix your problem. You Must request this KB directly from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952208 ...