Non approved work in Project 2007

Hi, we recently moved from Project 2003 to 2007, and we have a report that
shows the work which has not been approved yet by the project managers. I've
been looking for a way to retrieve this information in project 2007 (through
webservices or directly from the database). Where can I get this information
from? Thanks in advance

Hi RainieroDon,

Microsoft actually offers a Project Server report pack that you can
download. This is a good starting point.
Check out this site, it has a lot of content that you may be looking for
http://blogs.msdn.com/project_programmability/archive/2009/08/20/project-server-2007-report-pack-ii-the-top-reports.aspx

Hope this helps
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"RainieroDin" wrote:

> Hi, we recently moved from Project 2003 to 2007, and we have a report that
> shows the work which has not been approved yet by the project managers. I've
> been looking for a way to retrieve this information in project 2007 (through
> webservices or directly from the database). Where can I get this information
> from? Thanks in advance
Thanks for your reply Marc, I tried the report pack but couldn't find the
information I was looking for. The Statusing webservice provides the
ReadAssignmentHistory method, and the ASSN_CHANGE_DATA column seems to
contain the required information (its value is changed every time I report
work), but it's a byte array, is there a way to extract the information from
this column? Should I try something else? Thanks

"Marc Soester [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi RainieroDon,
>
> Microsoft actually offers a Project Server report pack that you can
> download. This is a good starting point.
> Check out this site, it has a lot of content that you may be looking for
> http://blogs.msdn.com/project_programmability/archive/2009/08/20/project-server-2007-report-pack-ii-the-top-reports.aspx
>
> Hope this helps
> --
> Marc Soester [MVP]
> http://www.i-pmo.com.au
>

> "RainieroDin" wrote:
>
> > Hi, we recently moved from Project 2003 to 2007, and we have a report that
> > shows the work which has not been approved yet by the project managers. I've
> > been looking for a way to retrieve this information in project 2007 (through
> > webservices or directly from the database). Where can I get this information
> > from? Thanks in advance
I have not seen or heard of an easy way to extract pending hours from My
Tasks/Updates in PWA.  The data does not seem to be available in the
databases in a readable manner.

Have you tried posting to the developer newsgroup to see if there are any
solutions out there?

Jonathan

"RainieroDin" <RainieroDin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply Marc, I tried the report pack but couldn't find the
> information I was looking for. The Statusing webservice provides the
> ReadAssignmentHistory method, and the ASSN_CHANGE_DATA column seems to
> contain the required information (its value is changed every time I report
> work), but it's a byte array, is there a way to extract the information
> from
> this column? Should I try something else? Thanks
>
> "Marc Soester [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi RainieroDon,
>>
>> Microsoft actually offers a Project Server report pack that you can
>> download. This is a good starting point.
>> Check out this site, it has a lot of content that you may be looking for
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/project_programmability/archive/2009/08/20/project-server-2007-report-pack-ii-the-top-reports.aspx
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> --
>> Marc Soester [MVP]
>> http://www.i-pmo.com.au
>>

>> "RainieroDin" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, we recently moved from Project 2003 to 2007, and we have a report
>> > that
>> > shows the work which has not been approved yet by the project managers.
>> > I've
>> > been looking for a way to retrieve this information in project 2007
>> > (through
>> > webservices or directly from the database). Where can I get this
>> > information
>> > from? Thanks in advance

0
Jonathan
12/8/2009 6:59:05 PM
I'm going to post in that group and see what happens, thank you very much!

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> I have not seen or heard of an easy way to extract pending hours from My
> Tasks/Updates in PWA.  The data does not seem to be available in the
> databases in a readable manner.
>
> Have you tried posting to the developer newsgroup to see if there are any
> solutions out there?
>
> Jonathan
>
> "RainieroDin" <RainieroDin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your reply Marc, I tried the report pack but couldn't find the
> > information I was looking for. The Statusing webservice provides the
> > ReadAssignmentHistory method, and the ASSN_CHANGE_DATA column seems to
> > contain the required information (its value is changed every time I report
> > work), but it's a byte array, is there a way to extract the information
> > from
> > this column? Should I try something else? Thanks
> >
> > "Marc Soester [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi RainieroDon,
> >>
> >> Microsoft actually offers a Project Server report pack that you can
> >> download. This is a good starting point.
> >> Check out this site, it has a lot of content that you may be looking for
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/project_programmability/archive/2009/08/20/project-server-2007-report-pack-ii-the-top-reports.aspx
> >>
> >> Hope this helps
> >> --
> >> Marc Soester [MVP]
> >> http://www.i-pmo.com.au

Money 2007 Premium on-line services
Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money 2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09? I've used this version since it came out. chris In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote: >Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money >2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09? I've used this version since >it came out. > >chris I don't know about bill pay itself. Expect the Money 2007 to not expire on schedule. You should be good for at least the next 3 months without action. After that, we will see what, if anything, is ne...

Restore in Outlook 2007
I have installed Vista Home Premium. Successful backup of files from Outlook in Office 2003. Now using Office 2007, have tried all backup methods I can find but cannot restore anything. Any help would be appreciated. -- bazzandjo Move your .pst file to a new folder under Documents (for easy backup) then open Outlook, Click on File and choose Open > Outlook data file "bazzandjo" <bazzandjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F05B906-CC28-4214-9FD0-5DC3D9B91BAB@microsoft.com... >I have installed Vista Home Premium. Successful backup of files from >O...

Exchange Server 2007 and Domain Controllers
Hello, Could someone please tell me if I have to install Exchange Server 2007 on a AD Domain Controller, or can it be installed on a member server? I have a Windows 2008 Server that is a member server in a Windows 2003 Active Directory network that I'm looking to install Exchange 2007 on. Also, could someone tell me if there are any articles out there that will help me install my Exchange 2007 in the same domain as an existing Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2000 Server)? I'm looking to install the new Exchange 2007 as a new server (new name) and migrate th...

Does SumIf work with a range?
I thought you could Sumif on a whole range, ie if A1 to A10 was your criteria range, and B1 to D10 was the range from which to sumif. However it only seems to sum what is in B1 to B10. Is that right? I know I could use an array formula, but that might be a bit complex for the recipient of the file. Try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="a")*B1:D10) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) <matthew.turner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168260202.090015.70420@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... >I thought you could Sumif on a whole range, ie if A1 to A10 was your...

non vba way to print non continuous ranges
Hi, Is there a non vba way to print non continous ranges on the one shee using excel? Specifically, lets say I want to print data from columns A, B, C, G an K down to row 35 in each column. Is there a way I can do that withou manually making them continuous by cutting and pasting each range ont a new sheet? Regards, David Obei -- DavidObei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27196 You can h...

Printing Labels (Receipts) For Each Item On Work Order
I need to print labels containing Ship to Address, Item Look up Number and description. Each Item Needs an Individual Label With All of This Information and the Number of Labels Printed Should Reflect The Quantity From a Work Order. I am attempting to do this as a receipt. I am looking at code from existing receipts and trying to cut and paste what I need from diffrent receipts into one that may suite my needs. I am no XML pro to say the least. If anyone knows a better way or has more experience with XML and may wanna help I would appreciate it! ...

How can I merge and purge two excel work sheets?

PowerPoint 2007 freezes/superslow
Hi, We just installed Windows Office 2007. Some of our PowerPoint Presentation was created in 2003. In one of the 2003 presentation it hangs on the 19th slide when it is run on PowerPoint 2007. The 19th slide just have a simple slide animation which relatively takes a very long time to run in PowerPoint 2007. Slow to a point it freezes for minutes. SP2 and enough memory is installed. ...

error 1935 HRESULT 0x80070424,Office Standard 2007,vista 64-bit
Hy. I tried to install Office Standard 2007 on my comp (Windows Vista 64-bit) and failed. I received an error 1935 {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B33B9A1E18E} HRESULT 0x80070424. Help. Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804 Or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946691 and http://kbalertz.com/926804/Error-message-install-Office-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly.aspx -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "misha77" <misha77@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Opening Word 2007 Files
One of my co-workers is having a problem in opening Word 2007 files. He can open them directly in Word, but can open any by double clicking the file Icon in Windows Explorer. She insists there is something wrong with Word 2007, in the way files are created and saved and is quite animated to all of her other co-workers on this subject. I really need to solve this issue - does anyone have any experience with this sort of a problem. I thank you Carl I think that the file associations might be messed up. Find a Word file on the computer in question and right click it. Look fo...

MS Project Calendar in Excel?
When I'm entering dates in Project, there is a drop down menu that brings up a Calendar box. Is there anyway that I can have the same thing in Project? Is there some kind of plug-in available? Thanks, -Kevin. Hi Kevin Microsoft has one here: http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/CalExcel.htm and Orlando has one here. http://cpap.com.br/orlando/#Calendar Try also a Google search for "excel calendar control": http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=excel+calendar+control -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only pleas...

TRY THIS. IT REALLY WORKS!

2007 Customization
Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars (in word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals, some to a lot of people. Some are very simple macros that make life easier and tasks faster. None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated symbol to them on the QAT. (This is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of the ribbon.) I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in 2007. Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or ??? I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomiz...

change a work order to a sales invoice
I am a new user in RMS and I am working with my auto department. We are working on oan older version of RMS (Pre 1.3). He primarily uses work orders when he has a new order. Once the work is complete on the auto he needs to bill it and take the items out of inventory. He is currently doing a multi-step process: 1) Processes the payment as a negative sale (an accounting nightmare) 2) Then he takes the WO number and does a sale refereing the number 3) Then he manually adjusts his inventory. 4) Because of the way he has processed them, the work orders remain open until he has time ...

Office:mac 2004 and Tiger (OS X 10.4)
X-posted to: microsoft.public.mac.office and microsoft.public.mac.office.word. Followup-to: microsoft.public.mac.office.word Hello. Some years ago - although after the release of Tiger, OS X v10.4 in April 2005 - I read in one of the microsoft.public.mac newsgroups a posting from an MVP who was still using Office:mac 2004 with Panther, in this case OS X v10.3.9, and that this was because Office:mac 2004 was developed on Jaguar, OS X v10.2 and only works 100 pct with OS X up to v10.3.9. I have been running Office:mac 2004 on a Powerbook FW800 with Panther, OS X v10.3.9 and now want to...

Windows Explorer & Office 2007
I recently installed Office 2007 and it changed Windows Explorer / My Documents to be very simple (and frustrating!) as when I open it I have no Toolbar/Options at the top. So if I want to change what I see (thumbnails, details, etc.), search for something, etc. I have nothing. I have tried checking different ways where to turn the toolbar back on and have had no luck. Anything I need to re-install to go back to the "simple" Windows Explorer for reviewing/opening files on local drive? Or how do I change setting in current Windows Explorer to have see toolbar again? ...

Outlook 2003 rules, check messages after sending, not working
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 (from 2000) we are experiencing problem when using rules and sending messages from other applications (a attachment) We have some rules defined that check messages after sending, dependin on certain words in the subject, the message is moved to another folder This works with no problems when sending messages via outlook but whe sending (as attachment) with word, for example, the message does no get moved. This worked with no problems in Outlook 2000. Also still occurs afte SP2 installation. :( Any advice would be appreciated -- rowland -------------------...

Data entry slow in an Access project
I am using a form for data entry in an Access 2003 project. The back-end data is on a remote server reached over the internet. The data source for the form is a table with 3200 records. The form also displays 6 sub-forms which display data from child tables of the main table. There is a 3-4 second delay when the user moves from one field to another on the form after modifying an existing record or entering data for a new record. During the delay, the status bar below displays a 'Calculating' message. The table is not actually updated until the user moves to a different record ...

workflow suddenly doesn't work.
Hello I've a big pb : 2 days ago, our wrokflow stopped to work. I don"t know why. All workflows (automatic or on demand). I don't know at all what to do : what do I have to check, to do. For info : we are with CRM4. Any help would be so great. Thanks to all Loli please check " Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing service" on CRM server .if it is stopped or started? ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

excel 2007 saving issues
I have a file created in excel 2003 that has thousands of VLookup functions. I recently installed excel 2007. When I open this file and try to save it, it will take close to 20 minutes to save. Do you have any ideas on what is slowing this down? Thanks ...

Project Stand Alone
This has me stumped. I have a project manager that copied and pasted task names from one project to another and then entered all the other information. However after saving, closing and reopening the project the newly copied/pasted tasks don't display and show the ID number as 60, 61, 62, 63, 70, 71, 72 and so forth for each group of tasks previously added. To get the hidden tasks to display they's collapse the entire project then expand it. Any ideas on the cause and how to fix this? Thanks Check if there are filters applied or custom groupings. On the to...

2003 -> 2007 post migration question
Exchange 2007 was added to an existing exchange 2003 cluster last month. I was able to move all user mailboxes and public folders from 2003 to 2007 environment. I also configured send/receive connectors in 2007 to handle all incoming and outgoing mail. I was able to delete all public folders on the 2003 side and remove the store, however I could not delete 3 system mailboxes (SystemMailbox{GUID},System Attendant Mailbox, SMTP <Servername--{GUID}> Mailbox) on the 2003 side hence could not remove the private store. I didn't not remove the Routing Group connector that was...

Working with a spread sheet to show names, address, etc.
While working with a spread sheet to develop a roster when I have a zip code to enter that begins with a 0 such as 08842 the program refuses to show the zero and continually drops it. Is there a way to rectify this problem? Hi Betty Format your cell as text before you enter the codes (Select the cells and use Ctrl-1 and on the number tab choose text) Or type a ' before the code. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Betty Cea" <cea@ezlinknet.com> wrote in message news:032e01c389e7$06122910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > While work...

it worked!
Thanks that worked! Even the best with excel in my office couldn't figure that one out!! Colleen, It would be nice to stay in the ORIGINAL thread so we would all know what worked. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AAA07B5-D89D-43E4-AFDC-899B2C432218@microsoft.com... > Thanks that worked! Even the best with excel in my office couldn't figure that one out!! Well, clearly the best in your office are not as good as Debra<g>. Seriously though, the constituency here is much...

Access Coding from 2003 to 2007
Is there an easy way to find conversion code from Access 2003 to Access 2007 we are currently in the conversion process but not all of our coding is working how we need it to. They all worked in 2003 properly. What's not working? It should be relatively straightforward if you have used only the core libraries (VBA, Access, and DAO), your database is in a trusted location, and you are not too tied to menus/toolbars Generic conversion info: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - ht...