MS Project Server 2007 - Filter? Custom Field?

I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
following tasks:
- Has a Start date within the next 5 days
OR
- Has a Finish date within the next 5 days

How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Rachel

Your problem is that you need to reference the current date.  You can either
create a filter (Project > Filtered for > More Filters) for:

Start is less than "Starts before"?
OR Finish is less than "Finishes before"?

.....using that syntax as it will prompt you for the start and finish dates
when you run the filter.

Or create a custom flag field using a formula like this:

IIF([Start]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,IIF([Finish]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,No))

....although that would also capture your completed tasks.  Is that what you
want.

Also notice this forum should be shut down soon.  You should post future
requests here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010

"Rachel" wrote:

> I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
> following tasks:
> - Has a Start date within the next 5 days
> OR
> - Has a Finish date within the next 5 days
>
> How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
> uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Rachel
This is perfect, thanks! I can just filter out the 100% complete tasks.

I've never used the flag custom field before and didn't realize that you can
use Current Date in a forumla.

Thanks again.

Rachel

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Your problem is that you need to reference the current date.  You can either
> create a filter (Project > Filtered for > More Filters) for:
>
> Start is less than "Starts before"?
> OR Finish is less than "Finishes before"?
>
> ....using that syntax as it will prompt you for the start and finish dates
> when you run the filter.
>
> Or create a custom flag field using a formula like this:
>
> IIF([Start]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,IIF([Finish]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,No))
>
> ...although that would also capture your completed tasks.  Is that what you
> want.
>
> Also notice this forum should be shut down soon.  You should post future
> requests here:
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010
>

> "Rachel" wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
> > following tasks:
> > - Has a Start date within the next 5 days
> > OR
> > - Has a Finish date within the next 5 days
> >
> > How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
> > uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rachel

Exchange server and outlook
Hi, We have been running a couple of antiquated computers on a network with the server running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. The PC's were running outlook 97 and 2000. Our requirements were looked after by a company that has just disappeared so I now want to update and move on. Although I know about setting up POP3 & SMTP servers on outlook I know nothing about Exchange. I want to ditch all the old pc's and I have just bought 2 new Dell's both running Office 2003. These will be wirelessly networked using a workgroup The Questions: How do I copy across the emails that are ...

Create a rule that can be run by the server
Dear All I need to create a server rule that can replay to answer for a message automaticall on behalf of the user So any idea regarding this Thanks in advance for your help Ahmad On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:59:10 -0800, "ahmad" <ahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear All >I need to create a server rule that can replay to answer for a message >automaticall on behalf of the user >So any idea regarding this >Thanks in advance for your help >Ahmad A rule will try to be a server side rule unless it decides it needs help from the client. Can't really h...

SQL Server Performance Local vs Remote.
I've got an asp.net script running on a Windows Web Server 2008 R2 dedicated box. The script reads a .csv file line by line processes the data and sticks it into SQL Server. When connecting to a remote sql server 2008 on a shared web host the script takes about 20 minutes to run, which is perfectly acceptable given the amount of data. When connecting to a local instance of SQL Server 2008 Enterprise the same script takes around 4 hours - obviously not acceptable. Is there some reason a script would run so much slower connecting to a local SQL Server - if anything shouldn&#...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Custom Item Movement Report
Anyone out there have a custom item movement report and item movement history report that includes extended description that they would be willing to share? Thanks! -JIM That was a pretty tricky request but I was able to make the change. Download the reports here: http://www.newestech.com/downloads/itemmovement.zip If you cannot download from there shoort me an email and I will send over. Check out our RMS add-ons website in exchange.. http://www.newestech.com/POS/extensions.htm Casey Hanson New West Technologies chanson@newestech.com Hi, Can you do one with "Transferred To"...

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

Custom CRect Question
I have a custom rectangle class that inherits from CRect: class CCustomRect : public CRect { private: CPoint m_maxPt; COLORREF m_color; TCHAR text[50]; public: CCustomRect(RECT* source, CPoint pt, COLORREF rgb); RECT* RectBase(); void Update(RECT* r); } Inheritance has worked well until I found myself needing to create the RectBase function (above) to return the rectangle dimensions. CRect does not seem to have any methods that can be called to return the base class's RECT value. I could take CRect::Size and construct a rectangle to return, but this seems a bit much. My...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

Outlook 2007: is there a way to use it as a Diary
I'd like to keep a daily journal of important notes, etc. In other words , I would like to keep a Diary. Does Outlook 2007 have this capability? TIA Sure - Ctrl+8 to view the journal or you can create a Mail and Post folder type and post to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

Upgrade Path from DPM 2007 to DPM 2010
Is there going to be an upgrade path from DPM 2007 to 2010? Yes. Look at the following DPM 2010 documentation: https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=840&DownloadID=22070 "DPM supports upgrading from DPM 2007 SP1 on a Windows Server 2008 x64-bit operating system to DPM 2010. If DPM 2007 SP1 is installed on a Windows Server 2003 x64-bit operating system, you must upgrade to Windows Server 2008 before upgrading to DPM 2010". Also, here are my notes on DPM 2007 to DPM 2010 upgrade: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/09/dpm-2007-t...

How do you access custom entities with javascript?
I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom attribute, I get an error (null or not an object). My problem is I am checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain criteria, I need to reset the original value. The best way I could think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then restore it if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. jsankovitch@gmail.com wrote: > I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system > attributes, b...