MS Project Server 2007 - Filter? Custom Field?

I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
following tasks:
- Has a Start date within the next 5 days
OR
- Has a Finish date within the next 5 days

How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Rachel

Your problem is that you need to reference the current date.  You can either
create a filter (Project > Filtered for > More Filters) for:

Start is less than "Starts before"?
OR Finish is less than "Finishes before"?

.....using that syntax as it will prompt you for the start and finish dates
when you run the filter.

Or create a custom flag field using a formula like this:

IIF([Start]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,IIF([Finish]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,No))

....although that would also capture your completed tasks.  Is that what you
want.

Also notice this forum should be shut down soon.  You should post future
requests here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010

"Rachel" wrote:

> I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
> following tasks:
> - Has a Start date within the next 5 days
> OR
> - Has a Finish date within the next 5 days
>
> How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
> uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Rachel
This is perfect, thanks! I can just filter out the 100% complete tasks.

I've never used the flag custom field before and didn't realize that you can
use Current Date in a forumla.

Thanks again.

Rachel

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Your problem is that you need to reference the current date.  You can either
> create a filter (Project > Filtered for > More Filters) for:
>
> Start is less than "Starts before"?
> OR Finish is less than "Finishes before"?
>
> ....using that syntax as it will prompt you for the start and finish dates
> when you run the filter.
>
> Or create a custom flag field using a formula like this:
>
> IIF([Start]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,IIF([Finish]<([Current Date]+5),Yes,No))
>
> ...although that would also capture your completed tasks.  Is that what you
> want.
>
> Also notice this forum should be shut down soon.  You should post future
> requests here:
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010
>

> "Rachel" wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to create a management report that will filter for the
> > following tasks:
> > - Has a Start date within the next 5 days
> > OR
> > - Has a Finish date within the next 5 days
> >
> > How do I do this? If I use a filter it filters for both items, meaning it
> > uses AND instead of OR. Is there a custom field I can use? Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rachel

Port 25 telnet on Exchange 2K3 servers
Hi, Installed 3 new Exchange 2K3 SP2 for a client the other day, but unable to telnet to port 25, even on the servers them selves... the servers are 2 Enterprise & 1 standard 2K3 SP2, they also have Mcafee Antivirus ( file level with Exchange folder exclusion ) and Mcafee GroupShield on them... Curiously all email functions are ok, able to send and receive internally and to Internet, just not able to telnet to port 25 on any servers... If I add another port to the SMTP VS, then able to telnet that port, but not 25, so I think one of the Anti-virus programs is stopping port 25... ...

Store.exe crashing on 2 Exchange 2003 servers
We have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 servers (Win 2K SP4) which have developed a problem with the store crashing every half hour or so. System event log: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. Application event log Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module storevs2.dll, version 7.1.367.0, stamp 40746ce5, debug? 0, fault address 0x00002238. I think it is interesting that both servers are crashing, but not at exact...

Exchange delayed delivery/NDR due to 421+Server+too+busy (greylist bug?)
Exchange 2003 SP2. I think we are seeing the exchange "greylisting" bug where emails sometimes get stuck and are not sent, nor are the users notified in a timely manner. In my case it is not greylisting but a 421+Server+too+busy error that exchange is not retrying on. Most of the time the emails to a particular client get through, it is the occasional one that does not. If I look at the message history in the message tracking cneter it shows "Message transferred to OTHER_MAILSERVER through SMTP" for the successful sends. For the failed sends it shows ""Me...

Outlook 2007 mail templates
I have som old html mail templates i used in office 2003, i can't figure out how i use them in office 2007, how do i install them into office 2007? html stationery or outlook template format? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

Exchange Server 2007 Public Folders Permission issue
We have a consultants folder with over a hundred sub folders. Is there any way to propagate the permissions down to all the sub folders? Get-PublicFolder \<Parent_Folder_Tree>\Consultants -Recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -AccessRights <see_help_for_optoins> -User <Domain\User> -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF14A00D-D9E6-486D-9237-C7ED652524F5@microsoft.com... > We have a cons...

History/Activity-NTEXT Field
Ok, here's the deal, and lets see if it get broken here when I past it in, haha. 1. Try to view cirtain customer's history and get sql error (soap exception, you know the one that really doesn't tell you anything). 2. Look at customer's "History" by using advanced find to find all the activities. 3. Notice that one of the activities has it's 5000 character NTEXT Field filled with what appears to be a "copy/paste" from an outlook e-mail, to which I can open just fine. 4. out of sheer desperation of trying to figure out what the problem is, I wen...

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

SBS2008
Have a customer who has a telephone system that uses an IMAP connectionj to the users Inbox to pick up voicemails. Since upgrading from Exchange 2003 (SBS2003) to Exchange 2007 (SBS2008) this has stopped working. Users userrnames and passwords are still the same. I've setup Outlook to make an IMAP connection to their mailbox but this doesn't appear to work, I guess this is why their telephone can't logon either. I just get a box come up prompting for a username and password ?? Is their more to it in Exchange 2007 than just doing the regular Outlook IMAP set...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2007 Folder Status Notification
I am having issues w/the Folder Status message. It used to tell me "All folders are up to date.", now it is just saying "This folder is up to date." Anyway to make it go back? I am using a corporate version of XP as the OS if you need that. Thanks, Sophie ...

empty pivot table fields
How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks Right-click on the Weeks field button. Select Field Settings Add a check mark to 'Show items with no data' Click OK bobf wrote: > How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no > accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week > 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book...

integration microsoft crm 4.0-sharepoint server 2007
Hello, I searched information about integration microsoft crm 4.0 with sharepoint server 2007, but I didn't find something, I don't know if I can integrate that.. Can you tell me about that? Thanks!! yorleni_jimenez@yahoo.com Hi, Yes, you can get both integrated. You mostly need to work on MOSS side. Following blog is on CRM 3 and MOSS but it will give you pretty good idea; http://rehmangul.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/ms-crm-and-sharepoint-2007-integration/ -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

Microsoft project resources
Hi New to project, Can I allocate 2 sets of resources and how do I do it.? Hi, I'm afraid you cannot allocate a "set of resources". You can define a resource that represents a group of people (say "painters") with a capacity (Max. Units) equal to the number of resources you have (say 500%) and then allocate that resource to tasks - but you cannnot tel Project that "painters" equald Joe, Jim, Francis or Harry - whatever individual resources. It's either or: the "skill" resource or the individual one(s) But once you can ...

Access 2007 Runtime with OLE Object
I have form control bound to an OLE Object. The users are told to right click the OLE object on the form and make a reference by link, but the users are not able to right click on the OLE bound control when they are using 2007 Runtime. How can I allow the users to make a reference to an OLE Object when they are using 2007 Runtime? -- IT Guy From Arkansas Maybe there's another way .. is there a way to let the user browse to the location of the file and then put the location as a hyperlink in a table field? ...

Microsoft Project Plan for Great Plains Installation
Does anyone have a microsoft project plan for Great Plains implementation? I will backup what Richard says. We have template built form the upgrade manual, then customize that for each client that we upgrade. My boss considers that proprietary information, so I can't share. Sorry... David "Richard L. Whaley" wrote: > In 37 years of implementing systems, I have found that any pre-written > implementation plan is incorrect. They need to be custom written based on > your firm's needs and requirements. > > -- > Richard L. Whaley > Author / Consult...

Move server
I have 2 NT 4.0 boxes running Exchange 5.5. I want to move all the Exchange site and mailbox info to the newer of the boxes. I know there is a white paper on this. Can someone point me in the right direction? Cannot seem to find it on my own. Thanks and happy holoiday Frank Frank, The first step would be to move all of the mailboxes to the newer server. The second step would be to decommission the older server. I have included a link to an article detailing how to remove the first server in a site. 152959 XADM: How to Remove the First Exchange Server in a Site http://support.micr...

Moving SOMgr & Server
After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have moved the Server and Mgr to another computer on the network. The POS and dongole remain on original computer. When I go into the Mgr I get the 941 error about dondgle not being found. Is there something else I need to do so Mgr sees the dongle on POS machine? The POS station with the dongle needs to be Register #1 and needs to be the first machine to run RMS POS every day. Tom "NcS" wrote: > After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have > moved the Ser...

Calendar 2000 & 2007 Status of Meeting Attendees Changing
I have a client who has set up a meeting and sent an update and the following occurs: "once I sent an update, my attendees changed to “optional” from “required” and the tracking is inaccurate as someone who accepted is not showing up as receiving a response. Another attendee did not receive the update at all." She also is asking whether or not it makes a difference is she uses a distribution list in her meeting invitation. Can anyhone shed any light on why this is happening? -- LPS ...

static control color in Custom Control in MFC
Hi, In the win32 application I have written WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC which was processed and white brush was returned(GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH)), so the static control which is child windows of the custom control looked white. In the corresponding MFC program I have the OnCtlColor for the "custom control" handled as:- HBRUSH CEditHold::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CWnd::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); int id = pWnd->GetDlgCtrlID(); if(nCtlColor == CTLCOLOR_STATIC && (id > 0 && id < 9)) { return (HBRUSH)GetStockObje...

Delete jpg file based on Access field contents
Hello, What would be the best way to have access delete a bunch of jpg's? I have two tables in mdb format, the main table has 36000 records. When I am done with a record, I move it to a Deleted Record table (using a query and a macro). There are about 1300 of the deleted records that have an associated jpg file. The file size is around 100k, so I have around 130 meg of files cluttering up my laptop. I will never look at the jpg's again. I know it's not a lot of space, but why not have some code get rid of them? So, should I use a button on a regularly accessed Fo...

Linked Servers / OLE DB Jet4.0 request fails!
Hello I tried to execute an sql statement throught SQL OLEDB command It fails since I moved my configuration on 64 bits Windows 2008 Server System and migrate Sql Server 2005 to 2008. I want to execute an SQL Statement into an Excel file with Sql Linked Servers OleDbConnection sq = new OleDbConnection(); sq.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;"; [...] sql = "insert into openquery(... FROM [Export$]) ... OleDbCommand c = new OleDbCommand(sql, sq); c.ExecuteNonQuery(); Returns : can't execute the query, prov...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

Looking for a company to manage a co lo'd Exchange 2003 server.
I have a client that has just deployed a Exchange 2003 system at a co lo and has quickly realized that it is more than they can handle. They have asked me to help them find a company to manage and support their email system for approx 200 users. Does anyone have any suggestions of companies that can handle this? TIA John if you google "hosted Exchange" you'll see lots of hits...probably need to look into a few to find the right fit for you, but it appears there are lots of options for this... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wr...

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

Item Allocation Inquiry
Dynamics enables you to allocate inventory on the Parts Information window of Depot Management (part of Field Service). After I have included parts in the Parts Information window, when I then go to the Item Quantities Maintenance screen, I can see that these parts have been added to the Allocated quantities. When I double-click on the Allocated label on the Item Quantities Maintenance window, the Item Allocation Inquiry window opens. However, I do not see the allocations made by Depot Management, I assume, because it is has not been selected in the Module Restrictions box . It has not ...