MS Project Server 2007 - Close Tasks to Update

While closing a project we did "Close Tasks to Update" for all tasks under that Project. Now, tasks are not appearing in Add lines nor My Tasks. But the "Top Level" task is appearing in Timesheet > Add Lines. Resources are still able to add this "Top Level" task to their timesheets. How to prevent this? We don't want Top Level task to appear on Timesheet > Add Lines page.

VK Shenoy

MDI .NET Forms Include Docked Controls And Smaller MDIClient
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/353c2586-7757-4ebf-ad84-57049e53b8c5/mdi-net-forms-include-do.aspx
0
VK

VK --

After closing tasks to update, you cannot prevent resources from adding a
Top Level task to their My Timesheet page.  This is a design oversight by
Microsoft and I am not aware of any workaround to this issue.  Therefore,
you will need to make this a training issue with your resources.  Tell them
not to add Top Level tasks to their My Timesheet page, and then hold them
accountable for this.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"VK Shenoy R" wrote in message
> While closing a project we did "Close Tasks to Update" for all tasks under
> that Project. Now, tasks are not appearing in Add lines nor My Tasks. But
> the "Top Level" task is appearing in Timesheet > Add Lines. Resources are
> still able to add this "Top Level" task to their timesheets. How to
> prevent this? We don't want Top Level task to appear on Timesheet > Add
> Lines page.
>
> VK Shenoy

> MDI .NET Forms Include Docked Controls And Smaller MDIClient
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/353c2586-7757-4ebf-ad84-57049e53b8c5/mdi-net-forms-include-do.aspx

0
Dale
11/11/2009 12:59:37 PM
I believe the only way to remove the "Top Level" from timesheet add lines is
to delete the schedule from the Published DB under PWA>Server
Settings>Delete Enterprise Objects.  Select "Delete projects only from
Published database" and leave the checkbox for "Delete the associated
Windows SharePoint Services sites?" unchecked.

This will still leave the working version of the schedule in the Draft DB
that would be accessible from Project Professional for reference.  It will
also not delete the associated workspace.

There are ramifications to deleting the project from the Published database
like the project no longer showing up anywhere in PWA or OLAP cubes or the
reporting database and possibly removing security access to the associated
workspace.  Because of all these other ramifications, I'm not sure if this
is a viable solution for you.

Jonathan

"VK Shenoy R" wrote in message
> While closing a project we did "Close Tasks to Update" for all tasks under
> that Project. Now, tasks are not appearing in Add lines nor My Tasks. But
> the "Top Level" task is appearing in Timesheet > Add Lines. Resources are
> still able to add this "Top Level" task to their timesheets. How to
> prevent this? We don't want Top Level task to appear on Timesheet > Add
> Lines page.
>
> VK Shenoy

> MDI .NET Forms Include Docked Controls And Smaller MDIClient
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/353c2586-7757-4ebf-ad84-57049e53b8c5/mdi-net-forms-include-do.aspx

0
Jonathan

On-line services set up failed with "new & improved" Money update
Money 2005 Premium: with the mid-August unannounced update by Microsoft, I lost my ability to go on-line. I reviewed the instructions inside Money and tried to re-set the on-line service but I'm now in a loop that doesn't seem to have any way to back out of it or to move forward successfully. Instead of disabling the account first, which is listed in the long, weary icon version of the update instructions, I went to set up online services and now have the message "complete setup for online services" which apparently will not work because I consistently get a message ...

SRM 3.0 for SBS
Trying to "test" install CRM 3.0 for SBS on a SBS 2003 Premium R2 server. Installation gives option to install a sql Report Server or use existing. The one it tries to install is SQL 2000 and the screen says it is not compatible with other versions of SQL. So will the install allow you to connect to the SBS 2003's SQL 2005 Workgroup Report Server? Can;t find this answer anywhere! Thanks, KBB In answer to your first question, yes. You have to install SQL 2005 Reporting Services, then connect to this during CRM setup "KBB" <kbbnospam@dontspamme123.org> w...

POS CLosing Balance
Is there anyway to edit the amount entered when you closed for the day? Occasionally I typo and I am off by a few dollars and I want to fix them so my books are right. Run an X Report to verify your balances before running your Z Report. You can edit Closing amounts after they have been entered - just go back to "Enter Closing Amounts" - RMS will warn you that amounts have already been entered, but it will allow you to overwrite them. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT r...

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

1099-MISC updates
Until this year, you have always provided the prior year 1099-MISC form updates as a seperate Hot Fix or seperate Download. This year, the 2006 1099-MISC form updates were included with the 2006 Year End Updates for Payroll. We do not use the payroll for Great Plains so downloading this update did not make sense for us. Also, the Payroll update required Service Pack 5 be installed, and we were on Service Pack 3. We have a great deal of custom Great Plains applications & there was no way I was going to update without having the time to test our custom applications just to get the...

Writing to word 2007
I have a 2003 access database that writes data to text fields in a 2003 word document, no problems, I have now upgraded the database to 2007, and the same code although it appears to run ok, does not actually update the word document fields, i also tried converting the word document from 2003 to 2007. I data transfer using code from within access any thoughts? So no error message; it just doesn't seem top update, right. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/242017 I do it with docvariables. Are you using docvariables? If so, read this: http://w...

Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"
Hi, all I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server on a different LAN. I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file. It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time. An...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007
New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Help! -- Karen In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote: >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows >keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then >reinstalling. Help! What OS? Is there an error message? Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore point from before the pr...

Outlook Opens looking for Exchange Server
A computer club member wishes to used Outlook so that she can sync with her Palm. Environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7, Windows Genuine Advantage installed. Symptom One: When Outlook is opened, the program is looking for Exchange Server. She is using a laptop with no exchange server available. Symptom Two: When performing Office Update, three items did not install all with error code 0x8024402C: 1. Update for Outlook Junk Mail (KB943591) 2. Office 2003 update SP3 3. Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) I suspicion that Office 2003 is a 60 day trial that has never been activated. Are ...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

Restoring Public Folder to a Recovery Server
Hello, We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried installing outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database. Thanks in advance Hi, "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery > server (separe forest). We ar...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Transfering to new EXCH Server.
We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can reformat the old machine. Mailbox transfers are complete and the new box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP. I am able to receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck in the queue. I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned, and I have nothing in routing. Im not very familiar with these settings. Is the problem the old exchange server? Is there a way to remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine? My non deliverables come back with this error message. ...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...

Last Closing Balance
Last Closing Balance should not be based on customer properties. Instead, it should be based on AR history from the last closing date to the end of the month, since it's already being done on the Account Info tab of customer properties. Thanks, Matt ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

MS Exchange Server
I do not have Outlook installed on my home computer, which has WinXP installed, but I do at work so I am somewhat familiar with it. Recently whenever I try to click on a "Contact Us" link in a web page, a window opens for MS Exchange Server. I am pretty sure that has something to do with Outlook, but I do not think it has anything to do with Outlook Express. Why has this started happening and how do I remove it. I cannot use the "contact us" function on Any webpage. Thanks mmobilman In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Program Tab and make sure your desired email p...

Access 2007 pivot
I have a complex query that is based on ERP data exports. I am supporting a multi-dimensional matrix organization. A pivot table would be a perfect tool for analysing sales, margins, and changes for different business units. I have been using Excel pivots a lot and also in this case started with excel. However, the amount of data and usability of reports limits the possibility to distributing information in excel. With Excel I was able to all the tricks especially using the calculated item functionality, which is missing from the access pivot component. What I would like to ha...

Unable to update
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the clear(?) switch when opening Outlook Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur until I switched the Default pst (I use 2) used when opening Outlook. Any ideas ...

Possible Repost: MS CRM 1.3 Exams Revamp
Received this email yesterday: Improved Microsoft CRM Exams Microsoft Business Solutions will release three improved Microsoft CRM certification exams. The exams will become available worldwide through VUE testing centers on August 15, 2004 and Prometric testing centers on September 15, 2004. The improved exams are: Applications Professional, Customization, and Installation and Configuration. With the demand and volume of exam attempts as well as market feedback, the improvements incorporate updates and changes that are designed to better measure of the proficiency threshold for Micro...

RPC Over HTPPS on FE Server with OWA #2
Hi, I have a front end owa server configured as a OWA server using SSL (with a custom made certificate). Can I also utilise this server and the same certificate to make it run rpc over https as well? Thanks in advance. ...