Move Project Server 2007 to new domain

Hi,

We just acquired another company that has a Project 2007 server.  We will be
using the ADMT 3.0 tool to help with the domain migration.  Everything will
stay the same with the server, just the domain will change.  Will using the
ADMT tool work for this?

Thanks
Carlos

Hello Carlos,

we've migrated a project server to a new domain some time ago. We've used a
tutorial for the migration:

http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2009/06/22/project-server-2007-migration-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx

We've only migrated the users and groups (with SID-History) to the new
domain. The project-server get's a new computeraccount in the new domain.

Best Regards and 'Good Luck'

Bastian

"Carlos" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We just acquired another company that has a Project 2007 server.  We will be
> using the ADMT 3.0 tool to help with the domain migration.  Everything will
> stay the same with the server, just the domain will change.  Will using the
> ADMT tool work for this?
>
> Thanks
> Carlos

new to outlook
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 and a new user. We had a limited number of files or email to be stored in outlook. I am creating a Folders under Inbox so I will just transfer manually what I have receive email from my colleagues. Is there a way telling Outlook to transfer automatically to Folders I have assigned? Do I need a VBA code to accomlish it? Any suggestion or advise is much appreciated. thanks You can transfer automatically through the Rules function in Outlook. Inbox | Tools | Rules and Alerts. New Rule. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "R...

SMTP domain name
Hello. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a windows 2000 machine and a windows 2000 native domain. Problem I am having is complaints from people regarding the smtp domain name. Our Public domain name and our AD domain name are different. Helo response from the server returns the AD domain name and not the public domain name. This is causing messages to be rejected by some SPAM filters. Has anybody had this problem? Thanks Yes I have battled long and hard with this problem. First thing to check is Exchange System Manager, "Default SMTP Virtual Server" look in advanced propertie...

2007 Money Issue
I hope someone can help me here. I previously used Money 2003 on XP. Just received a new PC with Vista. I ordered Money 2007 from the Miscrosoft website. It loads correctly and works fine after install. Once I import my 2003 data or copy the 2003 Money File over the 2007 Money file I begin to have an issue. Money 2007 takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to open the file. I can click bills and calendar but once I click Home it takes another 5 minutes to get there. Any ideas on what could be happening. What is the correct way to upgrade from 2003 to 2007? The file is 7mb? First...

How do I un-"Group" my workbook; cannot see entire pane or move/re

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

Outlood 2007
Boy, do I need help. I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing me for a loop: It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox. It will not allow me to save a new contact. I can't even delete a calendar reminder. Can you help me? Coachvan1@cox.net "coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com... > Boy, do I need help. > I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is thr...

Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install
Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2 I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...". I gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the Windows Installer window is still there. Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or Process for an installer. The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Dialog text only updated on mouse moves
My PreTranslateMessage() function has code in it to update some of the text in one of my dialog boxes. It works, but instead of updating it every second, it only udpates the text when my mouse is moving or clicking. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thank you! Well, that's becuase PreTranslateMessage gets called only when there is message in the queue for that window. Instead use a timer. See OnTimer (WM_TIMER) AliR. <PloutzMR@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil> wrote in message news:1154456910.215194.170930@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > My PreTranslateMessage() function has c...

How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?
When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different database, is there a way to highlight the new lines? ...

Exchange Server slowness
We use MS Exchange 2002 server for email and use the program Outlook 2003. Lately it has been extremely slow and a message pops up stating it is retrieving file from MS Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If the message appears on your workstation it may not be a server related issue. The issue maybe related to the amount of traffic on the network. To know if the server is slow more information such as disk, memory and cpu utilization needs to be known. Also check if there are any relevant messages in the event logs of your worksatation and server. "Carlos Pisquem" <ccccpi...

Move downloaded transactions to another account?
For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct account. Is this possible to do in Money 2008? in 2007 right click on the transaction and copy and paste to different account, not sure about 08. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:%23JYlJMq3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared > in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct > account. > > I...

Multiple Domains and aliases
We have multiple domains (7), and they are all set up in the "Default Recipient Policy". I have a few user who also need to receive mail from an alias. For example, jsmith@domain1.com will already receive mail to jsmith@domain2.net and so on. I need jsmith to receive mail as inquiry@domain1.com and inquiry@domain2.net, and so on. My idea is to set a recipient policy based on "office" and "title" in the user information setup, so that if there are personnel changes, it's just a matter of changing user information. We are running Small Business Server, but...

Emails moved from Sent Items to subfolder moving to Deleted Items instead
We have a problem where a couple of users are moving emails from their Sent Items to folders that are subfolders of their Inbox. However, random emails are moving to the Deleted Items instead. The users have no rules set up, and there is no limit on mailbox size for users. I know it's easy to dismiss them as having made a mistake, but one of the users is pretty competent and has in fact had this problem in the past. Has anyone experienced this problem? ...

moving users to new cluster server
I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox method? What is the best way to do this? On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:13 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote: >I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one >server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 >storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox >method? What is the ...

Office 2007 Recovery
Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended partion? Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned as primary and 2 extended partitions. Vista crashed and she reinstalled it but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this working? You need to have the original disks/CDs. There is no other way to get Office back. What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that make office run. Without registry entries, you are...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?
Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL Server database? > Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL > Server database? Certainly. SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs remotely on a separate server. -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...

Services Exchange Server
When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a broadband, VPN connection? Outlook should be using your default network connection - if you've established a VPN connection and can ping the Exchange server by name, you should just be able to open Outlook. SWT wrote: > When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do > you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a > broadband, VPN connection? ...

New filegroups for the rms database
Are there any plans to break up the database into smaller file groups? Our ..mdf file is well over 30 gigs and the reporting on it sucks. If I where to do this myself would the upgrades still work with muliple filegroups? thanks hi Darwin, there is no link in upgrade that how many physical file groups you have and how many multiple files you have created for your database the only it looks is the logical name of database. so when you perform the upgrade you need logical name of db. I hope you understand this clearly. "darwin" wrote: > Are there any plans to break up th...

New blank document at opening

SBS 2k3 server exploded. Recover Exhchange
Customer called me after their SBS 2k3 server exploded. The hardware is toast. The cost of repairing the 6 year-old server is greater than the cost of a new server. They didn't have an Exchange-aware backup. All I have is a filesystem-level backup of everything. The SBS machine was the only server in the environment. How do I go about getting the data out of the .stm and .edb files if I'm going to stand up a new SBS machine? Does it have to be SBS2k3 if we're going to go that route? Is there a way to get an SBS2k8 machine to pull the data out of these files? A...

Using Outlook/Exchange Server as a central dispatch manager?
I'll try to be detailed, but brief. Running Exchange 2K with mixed Outlook clients throughout office. We're a service company and we have a mailbox called "dispatch". When a service call comes in, we create a new task in the Dispatch mailbox, add the detail and then "assign" it to someone. They accept and update until the call is complete (every time a change is made it synchs with dispatch's task). When the call is complete/closed, the task in central dispatch is closed and then processed We want to enhance some of this -- are there any features in Exchan...