Month value of the finish date

In Project Center, I want the ability to group by "finish month" A project
with a finish date of "11/23/2009" would appear as "2009-11" or "November
2009," for instance.

I am assuming I need to create a project-level field that uses a formula
against Finish date. Can anybody help me with the syntax of that?

You can use a project custom TEXT field and the formula would be:

=Year([Project Finish]) & "-" & Month([Project Finish])

Jonathan Sofer

"Brian Lukanic" <BrianLukanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Project Center, I want the ability to group by "finish month" A project
> with a finish date of "11/23/2009" would appear as "2009-11" or "November
> 2009," for instance.
>
> I am assuming I need to create a project-level field that uses a formula
> against Finish date. Can anybody help me with the syntax of that?

0
Jonathan
11/11/2009 6:24:26 PM
Neat....  Thanks Jonathan :)
--
Thanks,  Ben.

Please rate this post if it helped.
http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> You can use a project custom TEXT field and the formula would be:
>
> =Year([Project Finish]) & "-" & Month([Project Finish])
>
> Jonathan Sofer
>
> "Brian Lukanic" <BrianLukanic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Project Center, I want the ability to group by "finish month" A project
> > with a finish date of "11/23/2009" would appear as "2009-11" or "November
> > 2009," for instance.
> >
> > I am assuming I need to create a project-level field that uses a formula
> > against Finish date. Can anybody help me with the syntax of that?

CRM - Sales Pipeline Report
Please help me - I am trying to get the Sales Pipeline report to order correctly on the Estimated Close date. My report formats correctly and I have set to Group by Date from the parent report of the sales pipeline - BUT - when I view the Sales Pipeline Detail report the Estimated Close date is all over the place... E.g. August opportunities following by December then November then October then September! I have spoken to one of my developers and he says that Group by Date is one thing... you need to also order by estimatedclosedate... but he was no help in providing a solution. BTW ...

Lookup value and control depends on lookup result
I have 1 qry & 1 form. Query named : QRY_bl_SalesInvoice BL no. Sales Invoice BL001 IV509999 BL002 (blank) BL003 IV507777 Under the FORM, drop-down box named “dropdownBL” is used by user to select BL no. under the qry on (a). Questions : How I set the following controls, Case 1 : If BL no. under the drop-down box “dropdownBL” after select = BL002 (with Sales Invoice=blank under the QRY) , then free to input on the field named “Sales Invoice" Case 2 : If BL no. under the drop-down box “dropdownBL” after select ...

Query on multiple keys
I have a table that looks like this: ClientID RevisionNum --------------------------------- 10000 1 10000 2 10000 3 10000 4 20000 1 20000 2 30000 1 30000 2 30000 3 30000 4 40000 1 40000 2 40000 3 I would like to great a query that will return the following records: ClientID RevisionNum --------------------------------- 10000 4 20000 2 30000 4 40000 3 That is, I only want the record with the top value of RevisionNum. Any suggestions? On 10 May 2007 19:53:31 -0700, timorrill <timothy.morrill@gmail.com> wrote: &...

Multi-value paramter syntax...help
How do I write the syntax for a stored procedure that has one parameter but accepts multiple values. I am running a report from reporting services that can pass multiple values or pass all values to the stored procedure stored procedure 1: exec getcolor @color = blue....this runs fine. stored procedure 2: exec getcolors @colors in('red', 'white', 'blue').........bombs code is create procedure getcolors @colors nvarchar (50) as (select * from hrs_by_activity where color in(@colors) ) need help making this work. thanks in advance O...

problems with imported dates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I am importing data with dates that range from 1887 to 1950s. Excel keeps the 1880s dates, but either subtracts or adds 4 years and one day to all of the 1900s dates. I have tried reformatting the dates in the source information, reformatting in excel and copying to another spreadsheet, using different date formats to move the data, etc. nothing seems to work. <br><br>If there is anything this program should do, its process dates correctly. This is a major issue when accuracy is involved and is wor...

Error: unable to set the value property of the series class
Hi I have a serious problem with a chart that I made using VBA. I get the error: Runtime error 1004: "Unable to set the values property of the series class" and sometimes the same error but just for the named property of the series. The chart is a standard lines chart. I hope somebody can help me Below is the section of code that is flagged: Sub ChartOptions() ' this sets up the QC Graph for the main lab with Chart title, ' axis title and scale of Y-axis according to each parameter Sheets("Calcs").Select ActiveCell = Cells(3, 2) ActiveCell.Offset(...

Replacing Formula with a Value
Is there a way in native EXCEL to replace a formula with a value, so a value is then stored in the cell. I have a formula which checks if the date in each row is today's date, using the TODAY() function. I it evaluates true (today's date), then I read the values from a row of cells near the top of the sheet. I want to be able to replace the formula with a value if the formual evaluates true. Thanks for your help. Copy the cell(s) in question, then choose Edit | Paste Special... and choose "values" in the dialog. Click OK, and the formula will be replaced. -- HTH - ...

PM
Is there an option to set the default date for the Void Date to the current date vs. the trasaction date? Meaning that I want to use the current date as the posting date instead of the doc date, without having to remember to change it manually (senility). Thanks Jeff G Jeff, There is no option to do this, you have to keep changing the date manually unless you want to have a customization that does this. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Jeff G" <jgarrison@theathletesfoot.com> wrote in message news:uJCMQ8hQGHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there an option to set t...

Order Fulfillment Date bug?
When you fulfill an order (ACTIONS->FULFILL ORDER), a dialog window pops up and you can specify the date the order was fulfilled, which may of course be a date in the past. I assume that this date is written to the DATEFULFILLED attribute in the ORDER entity. Problem is that no matter what date is entered as the fulfillment date, the DATEFULFILLED reverts to the current date. We need to be able to specify and retrieve the actual date the order was fulfilled, not the date CRM was updated. Grateful for any insights! Henricus ...

Graph where source data has different dates
I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data. The are both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009). However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly. When I try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up. Is it possible to have these line up correctly. I've tried formatting the axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points. So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days. Hopefully that makes sense. If not, just let me know & I'll try t...

Select distinct with anonymous type return error when one value is null
Hi, How can i do this query with anonymous types; SELECT DISTINCT IdTable2, Name FROM Table1 WHERE idTable2 != null This query return error if the idTable2 is null: bindingSource1.DataSource=MyDataSet.Table1.Select(c=> new {Id=c.IdTable2, Nome=c.Name }.Distinct(); Any idea? Thanks ...

how to invoice contract monthly automatically
Hi, I didnt' get any reply last time (couple months ago) so I thought to try again. Can anyone tell me if CRM is supposed to automatically create an invoice on a monthly basis? I can't figure out how and so currently we are manually creating invoices. Thanks in advance. Joseph No, it will not so this automatically. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:36:34 -0700, "Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, I didnt' get any reply last time (co...

Date Format #9
Hi I copy a SQL Query output and place it into Excel. The time column shows dates as 4/7/2006 4:02:10 AM, 2/28/2006 10:37:39 AM, 3/1/2006 1:56:40 PM. IS there a way to get rid of the hr, min and secs ? I used the format cells function on eg 4/7/2006 4:02:10 AM, 2/28/2006 10:37:39 AM, 3/1/2006 1:56:40 PM. and the columns show 4/7/2006, 2/28/2006, 3/1/2006. However, when you select the each cell, it still actually retains the values as 4/7/2006 4:02:10 AM, 2/28/2006 10:37:39 AM, 3/1/2006 1:56:40 PM I need the dates only because I am plotting a graph. With the hr, min and sec fun...

Send Date to a Memo Field
I have a subform with the following fields: Status NoteField I would like the double click event for Status to do the following: Change the status to "Ordered" Change the Notefield to Notefield + The Current Date I have tried: Private Sub Status_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Status.Text = "ORDERED" NoteField.SetFocus NoteField.Value = NoteField.Text & Date End Sub I have also tried Notefield.Text in place of NoteField.Value I can copy text but I cannot get the date into the NoteField field. Thanks Your code does fail, as stated. I did a little modif...

Error in in validating some dates
Hi all, i've installed SQL server 2000 english version and the CRM server in my native language, italian. Italian date formatting is different from the US model, i.e. we use 24/12/2004 instead of 12/24/2004. So, in some case, in particular for due dates, the validating of the suggested date format sends me an error and doesn't insert the record. I've set italian language on mail SQL server properties, but i got no benefit. Any idea about this behavior? Thanks in advance. Domenico. Hi Domenico, See if this helps at all: Go to Home > Settings > System Customization. ...

Macros: Pasting a value into a rename dialogue box
I am trying to write a macro which will: 1) Make a copy of the current worksheet 2) _Copy_ the value from the D9 cell 2) Rename the copied worksheet by selecting "rename worksheet" and then pressing _paste_ into the rename dialogue box. The data in D9 cell is manually changed each time before the macro is run. Hence, every copy of the current work sheet should have a different name. I record this macro using the "recorded macro command". However, the macro recorder doesn't record the fact that I have clicked paste in the rename dialogue box: It merely records the valu...

only value
Hi, I've got rand() function in a cell. What's the way to exclude function so only value stays in a cell? Thanx alekm Hi first copy the cell and insert the value with 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I've got rand() function in a cell. What's the way to exclude function so >only value stays in a cell? > >Thanx > >alekm >. > Thanx. Is there any shortcut from keyboard? alekm "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > first copy the cell and insert the value with 'Edit - > Paste Special - V...

Extract data from a cell after a constant value
Howdy All, I have a spreadsheet that contains 1 column of data, if the cells of the column are the city names and populations of towns in the following format: Appleton, Wisconsin (WI) (pop. 70,087) The 'pop.' is always present. I want to extract just the population number (ie: 70,087) from these cells into another cell. What is the simplest way to accomplish this? Thank you, Brian On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:29:37 -0500, "Wolfman" <wolfmanx@charter.net> wrote: >Howdy All, > >I have a spreadsheet that contains 1 column of data, if the cells of the >...

How can I check the expiry date on my office trial version?
I recently activated the OEM trial version of MS Office on a PC that I was using for other applications before. I seem to remember that the expiry date displyed at activation was shorter than I expected and wanted to check this. So far the Office applications have not prompted me with warnings about the expiry. How can I display this information? Thanks, Peter Whenever you start you get nagging alerts informing you that you have xx days left or xx times left to use this application. You can also check whether or not it is trial by going to: Windows Logo/Word Options/Res...

compare a value in two w/books
Looking for a simple code for: If this worksheet $b$2 value=other w/book sheet1 $h$2 value then msg"value exists" and exit sub() ,if not do something else.(both w/books are in same folder) If Activesheet.Range("B2").Value = Workbooks("other.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("H2") Then Msgbox "Value exists" End if -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:954E6CAF-A203-4571-A63A-F8012AF3F06D...

insert the last date when the file was modifie
Dear all; This should be an easy one for you ; I work on spreadsheets daily and then save them to refer to them later or update them. What I would like to achieve is : When I actually work on a spreadsheet - i want to insert the date of the day only when the data changed or update the contents of the worksheet. i mean what i am trying to achieve is insert the last date in a specefic cell when that the file was modified (upadted-cahnge of contents) Is there perhaps any way to do this I thank you for your help and your offers Hi Chetoos. Take a look at Mr. McGimpsey's site: ht...

vLookup, color as a value
I want to specify a text color as the look up value in the vLookup Formula. Is this possible? Do I need the code of the color? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- VLOOKUP() knows absolutely nothing about any colors, it works on values only. You can get some information that may help you from Chip Pearson's site http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/colors.aspx You're probably going to have to use VBA code (macro) to find an entry based on font color. And yes, you'll need the color code. You can get that by recording a macro while setting any cell's font color to ...

Count Unique Values in a Totals Query
Can anyone help me with what must be reasonably straighforward but I can't figure it out. I have 2 fields 'Range' & 'Manufacturer' - and I want a query to give me the number of unique 'Manufacturer' records for each 'Range'. Any help greatly appreciated, Regards....Jay Access doesn't support Count Unique so you have to make a unique set of records before you attempt to count uniquely. Query One: SELECT Distinct Range, Manufacturer FROM SomeTable Query Two uses the SAVED query SELECT Range, Count(Manufacturer) FROM SavedQueryOne GROUP BY Ra...

Counting Unique Values
When you show a column in a pivot table under value, it gives you several options as far as showing the data. For example you could sum or count. I am trying to get a count from a text column which works but what I would like to do it only count unique values. Example: The count for each item would be 1, not 2 for Cindy; 1 for Jordan and 1 for Tom. Cindy Cindy Jordan Tom I appreciate your help. The link below will take you to Microsoft's Office Online page showing how to count unique values using formulas: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP030561181033.aspx -- John M...

date filter
my table has a date/time field. when I datasheet it , it shows date in format dd/mm/yy. In my report I want to filter the date field on 8th Feb 2008. If I set filter to tabdate = #08/02/2008# it doesn't find any records, however if I put tabdate = #02/08/2008# it finds them fine. Why do I have to use mm/dd/yyy format ? "simcon" wrote: > my table has a date/time field. when I datasheet it , it shows date in format > dd/mm/yy. In my report I want to filter the date field on 8th Feb 2008. > If I set filter to tabdate = #08/02/2008# it doesn't find any records, &...