Migration: Migrated custom fields can't sync with plan

We migrated a set of enterprise global fields from 2003 to 2007. However,
some of the post migration changes to these fields can't be reflected into
project professional for all plans.

Example, we have a project outline code in 2003 called Portfolio, which is a
hierarchical set of values. In 2003, we allowed selection of non-leave node
and didn't allow multi-selection. After migration, we changed the settings of
the field to allow only leave node and multi-selection. However, these
changes are neither picked up by migrated project plans nor newly created
project plan.

If we create a new custom field pointing to the same lookup table, then the
changes will be reflected in the project plan.

Any advice? Please.

Thansk in advance.

GM

Have you tried clearing the cache for some of the computers running the plans
in question?  That is the first thing to check when you see mixed up lookup
tables and fields.

"GM" wrote:

> We migrated a set of enterprise global fields from 2003 to 2007. However,
> some of the post migration changes to these fields can't be reflected into
> project professional for all plans.
>
> Example, we have a project outline code in 2003 called Portfolio, which is a
> hierarchical set of values. In 2003, we allowed selection of non-leave node
> and didn't allow multi-selection. After migration, we changed the settings of
> the field to allow only leave node and multi-selection. However, these
> changes are neither picked up by migrated project plans nor newly created
> project plan.
>
> If we create a new custom field pointing to the same lookup table, then the
> changes will be reflected in the project plan.
>
> Any advice? Please.
>
> Thansk in advance.
>
> GM

How to customize Microsoft Money
Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? Thanks, Luca See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. "lalberti" <lalberti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998312B8-2928-4C61-98F7-F20F38822EF7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? ...

Using the SDK to update customized fields
The SDK provides references to the XSD schema that can be used for writing CREATE or UPDATE statements. How do you go about updating a custom field that you've added to an entity. Specifically, we add a field to the INCIDENT entity using the DEPLOYMENT manager etc. How can i create my XML - what's the tag that I need to use in order to update the custom field (call it testfield - CFStestfield) does the XSD get updated automatically? Is there anyway to do this?? Thanks. Nick Nick, All you need to do is add the appropriate element to the XML. In your example, it would be CFStestf...

Offline DB Items don't fully sync with Online DB
When I'm in Online mode I can see all of my items. If I go into Offline Mode, several items are not there. These items were added several months ago, and the two databases have been sync'd successfully over that time. Qtys are updated, Cashier Info is updates....everything looks good except for about 20 items (out of about 1000). No obvious clues among the items that don't make it over. Appears to be random. This is my second install so whatever you can suggest would be appreciated. -- Consultant ...

Calculated field IM
Hi I am writing an integration to bring in Receivables Transaction in GP V9 I would like to be able to have a script attached to the Amount field to add 2 fields on my source file to get the value for the Amount. Don't seem to get the syntax correct - can anyone help? thanks Jean In the field script, you can use something like this: CurrentField = SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD1") + SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD2") Where SOURCE is the name of the data source, and FIELDx is the name of the field in the data source. You don't need SOURCE if you only have 1 data sour...

Calendar not syncing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My calendar in Entourage is not syncing with my Exchange server. This only came to light once I setup my iPhone with my Exchange account and saw that most of my appointments for this month were not there. Logging into OWA also confirmed that Entourage and Exchange were not talking. <br><br>I emptied my local Calendar cache to try and reset the sync. This seems to have worked but of course I've lost a lot of appointment details that were in Entourage but did not sync to Exc...

2007 Customization
Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars (in word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals, some to a lot of people. Some are very simple macros that make life easier and tasks faster. None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated symbol to them on the QAT. (This is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of the ribbon.) I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in 2007. Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or ??? I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomiz...

Customer modifier
will customer modifier version 9 (available from 2020software) work on version 8.0 great plains? The only 2020software I have heard of is just information about software, they do not actually sell anything of their own...? www.2020software.com - is this what you mean?? Customer Modifier is a tool you can buy from Microsoft and is part of the Professional Services Tools Library. If you have purchased the tool for version 9.0, they will typically give you the reg. keys for version 8.0 as well (should be for no additional cost, but you'd have to ask). You do have to use the tool...

How can we make a control in a form to a required field
Hello, My form is based on a query which consists of 3 tables: 1. Inovices 2.Supplier 3.Projects There is a tendency save the record without filling in the supplier number and when they want to update the record they can not see anymore the record. Wht is the VBA in the controls/field of the form that supplier number and project number are compulsory meaning they can not save the record if they leave thses 2 fields missing Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Frank, Don't go about this in VBA. Put the restrictions in the table design by setting the field properties to requi...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Customer/Vendor Consolidation Messed Up?
GP 10. SP3. Test Environment, pre production upgrade. When I go to Transactions > Customer/Vendor Transactions I get the message: The Customer/Vendor Consolidation Setup information is missing or damanged" We don't use this most likely and I get the same error message in v8 sp5 on production. Any clue? What does this do anyway? Allen, Open the Customer/Vendor Consolidation Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Customer/Vendor Setup) Then Enter or select a posting or allocation account as the default suspense accou...

customer DB email address query
I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers email addresses so I can send one single email to all of them. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks! I have a report for HQ Mgr that will generate a listing of all of your customers within RMS that have an email address assigned. You would use this report (filter so email <> (blank)) then generate and export. Do you have an address where I can send it? -- Jocelyn "zoostation" wrote: > I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers > email addr...

Allowing PS Remoting into my custom desktop PowerShell hosting app
We want to host the PowerShell runtime in our desktop windows application to give our customers an option to write product extensions and customizations in PowerShell script. WPK seems to make practical the notion of writing even the GUI portions of a desktop product extension in script and that is fantastic. We could create some custom PS providers and cmdlets that exposed key application data and functionality to the script writer. Though the idea of writing extensions to a desktop application in the form of PowerShell script seems compelling, it will only succeed if the cus...

custom color palette for every new workbook
I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color palette? Best, Vinod On 9 Jul 2004 16:46:34 -0700, one@vinod.org (Vinod) wrote: >I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it >possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color >palette? 1/ Create a workbook with the palette that you want. 2/ Save that as a file named Book.xlt (Save As type "Template (*.xlt)") in your xlStart folder, the location of which will vary depending on your version. (J...

Process multiple Vouchers from One customer
Is there a recommended way to process multiple gift vouchers from one customer? Now we process one voucher and put trans. balance on account then process next gift voucher toward reaming trans. balance. Repeat this until balance is cleared. Any suggestions? Dave Dave - in SO manager go to database - tender types - select your gift voucher tender then click properties - check mark "allow multiple entries" so that more than one gift voucher tender can be accepted in the same transaction. I think this is what you're looking for, but if I misunderstood your question, plea...

Split Field
I have in a field lastname,firstname I want to split this field into to fields lastname and firstname. Please help Binder Select the data and use Data/Text to Columns with a comma delimiter. Andy. "Binder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B36B0140-4291-4E32-B1AF-07C3DC82BD27@microsoft.com... > I have in a field lastname,firstname I want to split this field into to fields lastname and firstname. Please help ...

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

Changing Format of Access Field via Query?
HI all, Here is what i have, two Oracle tables across multiple schemas that I cannot change the actual format in the table. One table has the field = Text The other table has the field = Number/Decimal/10 Precision I need to link these two together to run some data and currently I have been making a temp table and changing the TEXT one to a NUMBER but am wondering if there is a way to change the Format of the TEXT one to a Number in a query which would save me from having to always be making a TEMP TABLE. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.. Aaron Try using an aliased column lik...

Add new fields to a form
Access Newbie here. I created a simple little Contacts database and emailed it to my data entry person who is in another city. She has already entered quite a few records. Now I would like to add a couple of new fields to the form. Whats the best way to do that? Is it possible for me to email her the new form and she can import it into her database? James The database should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relationships). In that way, anytime you need to make an application ch...

2003 -> 2007 post migration question
Exchange 2007 was added to an existing exchange 2003 cluster last month. I was able to move all user mailboxes and public folders from 2003 to 2007 environment. I also configured send/receive connectors in 2007 to handle all incoming and outgoing mail. I was able to delete all public folders on the 2003 side and remove the store, however I could not delete 3 system mailboxes (SystemMailbox{GUID},System Attendant Mailbox, SMTP <Servername--{GUID}> Mailbox) on the 2003 side hence could not remove the private store. I didn't not remove the Routing Group connector that was...

Multicompany Smartlist Using Extender Fields
I am trying to create a Multicompany Smartlist based on additional fields I added using Extender. I can get it to work for one company but I can not get data for both company's to show on the one smartlist. Any suggestions? Thanks, Laura Laura, Not sure what you've tried, but one approach would be to create a SQL view and use it in SmartList Builder. Here is an example: http://victoriayudin.com/2008/11/08/sql-view-to-show-open-ap-invoices-from-multiple-companies-in-gp/. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/g...

Migrating existing Outlook data to Windows 7 (from XP)
I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a backup done under XP. How do I prevent Outlook from downloading all the emails again from my ISPs? Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed? I still have the XP installation so I can find the setting there if I know what to look for. Cheers, Martin And how did you restore the pst? "Martin" <sirraheelnitram@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02dd518e-adc6-460c-9c83-712a219e3f65@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a &...

Spending Monitor with Debt Reduction Plan
All, Is there a proper way to report (what I think is) a bug in Money Deluxe 07? I have a credit card that I track monthly spending on. As long as I don't put it in my debt reduction plan, it and my checking account both show up in the spending monitors (those bargraph things on the home page.) But as soon as I put the credit card into the debt plan (so I know the balance I have to payoff each month), the credit card transactions no longer show up in the bargraphs. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a work around? Or should I submit some sort of bug report to Microsoft? Thanks...

Edge Server SYNC Error
After I imported the the XML file to my hub server that I imported from the edge server I saw the following error in the event log of the hub server. There were no errors on the edge server. The edge server is not a member of the domain it is in a workgroup. vent Type: Error Event Source: MSExchange EdgeSync Event Category: Synchronization Event ID: 1001 Date: 2/2/2007 Time: 6:03:29 PM User: N/A Computer: BS-MAIL011 Description: Synchronization didn't complete on server: CN=BS-MAILEDGE011,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=US...

Eliminating Duplicate Fields
I have a database listing the names and addresses of people. There are often several family members living at one address. I want to end up with a list of addresses without duplicates. The addresses are in 3 columns. Unit#, street # and Street name. How can I eliminate the duplicate addresses? Thanks. FJ Questioner wrote: >I have a database listing the names and addresses of people. There are often >several family members living at one address. I want to end up with a list of >addresses without duplicates. The addresses are in 3 columns. Unit#, street ># and Street name...

Syncing CRM Tasks
When I am in the Outlook client for CRM and click CRM Task it creates a task in my Outlook Task list. I then go into my Activities in CRM and that same task appears twice. It's duplicating all of them. If I go back into Outlook tasks and mark it complete, it removes one of them from CRM tasks and leaves one. Anyone know what would cause this? ...