Lookups and Local Cache

Experts,

I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project and
come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project Information.
The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is this
the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have to
tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure hope
not.

Hadi:

This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
hope so.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Experts,
>
> I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> and
> come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> Information.
> The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> this
> the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> hope
> not.

0
Gary
5/29/2010 4:25:58 PM
Gary, sounds like our IT folks didnt tell me the truth about updates and
patches because i asked them right before I posted the question here and they
assured me that everything is up to date. thanks for the tip and sorry to
post such a question without doing my homework first

Hadi

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Hadi:
>
> This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
> systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
> hope so.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Experts,
> >
> > I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> > looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> > and
> > come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> > Information.
> > The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> > this
> > the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> > tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> > hope
> > not.

Gary, I checked with our IT folks again and we have SP2 and Cumulative
Updates as of Dec 2009 for both client and server.

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Hadi:
>
> This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
> systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
> hope so.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Experts,
> >
> > I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> > looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> > and
> > come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> > Information.
> > The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> > this
> > the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> > tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> > hope
> > not.

SFO Client without local database
Hi all, is it possible to configure the Outlook Client so that the possibility to go offline is disabled? Greetings, Martin But if you disable going offline, there will be no synchronisation of appointments, contacts etc between you Outlook folders and CRM. Is that what you want? Peter "Martin B´┐Żbl" <martin.buebl[at]@web.de.invalid> wrote in message news:2lkd2iFdb9rdU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hi all, > > is it possible to configure the Outlook Client so that the possibility to go > offline is disabled? > > Greetings, > > Martin > > Hi Peter...

Import MSN local folders to Outlook Live
I am upgrading from MSN to Outlook Live. How do I import the MSN folders stored on my local drive ? I can create a MSNBAK file, but I can't see how to import this or change it into a PST. If I move the contents of a local folder to a MSN folder, the received dates of the messages are all overwritten by "todays date". Any suggestions ? thanks, Oscar. oscar ackerman <oscarackerman@msn.com> wrote: > I am upgrading from MSN to Outlook Live. > > How do I import the MSN folders stored on my local drive ? Are these folder in some MSN-supplied mail applicat...

data lookup
Here is my problem, I have a database with an assortment of data in a that takes place on many multiple days, and on each day i have multilple entries, and this database grows everyday, i.e. Date Time Amount category 1/1/10 1:00 x y 1/1/10 2:00 x y 1/1/10 3:00 x y .. .. .. 1/31/10 1:00 x y 1/31/10 2:00 x y etc. What i want to do is have a worksheet that corresponds to each individual days worth of data. So when i put a date in the corresponding cell at the top of the any ne...

Unit lookup in order
I am using CRM 1.2 and have the integration to Great Plains installed. When I select a product for an order there is a required lookup called Unit. There are no values in this field. If you look at the field properties the description says 'Unique identifier for the unit that is associated with the order product.' Where is it pulling the values from? How do I get this field populated? Thanks, Tricia ...

Copy Contacts in a Public Folder to a Local Contacts Subfolder
Our company stores a list of company contacts in: Public Folders->All Public Folders->xxx Corp->yyyy-> Company Contacts Every start up I would like a macro to copy these contacts to a sub folder of the local contacts called "Company Contacts". (So they sync with our blackberry's). If the program could be smart enough to only update the subfolder that would be great (check for changes and make those, not copy every contact every time), but not necessary. I don't know visual basic, but I would be willing to look at a couple basic tutorials to figure this ou...

Lookup Formula
I'm not sure if this would be a look up formula, but is there a formula where I can type in a number in one cell and in the cell next to it, it will pop up a description that i've written in another cell connected to that number on another sheet? EXCEL 2007 Please refer to:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 93. In Sheet1 in cells A2 to A6 entry of any one of these numbers:- 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 - will return, respectively, any one of:- 60 / 10 / 10 / 20 - in cells B2 to B6. The, "conversion table" is found on Sheet2. Just ...

cached email addresses #2
Apparently, Outlook uses some sort of caching scheme when entering email addresses in the To and Cc fields. This causes problems when the contacts folder is updated with new email addresses. Outlook ignores the correct entries in the contact folder and uses stale entries in the cache. It is extremely annoying when I know the email address and it won't let me enter it, but keeps insisting on using an old incorrect email address. How does this email address cache work? Is there a way to clear the cache? Is there a way to turn off this caching scheme and force Outlook to use entries in m...

ESM Locally
Is there any way of installing ESM locally? I use ADUC etc locally, and wondered if this tool can be installed locally and then pointed to a server. If it is possible, were would I find it? Thanks! ------- Tech Admin West Midlands, England Stressed and Tired! -------- Hi The ESM tool can be installed locally. http://www.petri.co.il/administer_exchange_2003_from_windows_xp_2000_2003.htm The tool it self needs to be installed directly from the Exchange Server CD. -- Best Regards Jan Englund "Chris Hagon" <ChrisHagon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACB...

local user information
What are the function that are to be used to get the local user/current user of a particular computer and the security descriptors for it? Check this link. This have the source to query the same. http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psloggedon.shtml "PRG" <PRG@abc.abc> wrote in message news:cdr4at$nl3$1@yeppa.connect.com.au... > What are the function that are to be used to get the > local user/current user of a particular computer and the security > descriptors for it? > > "Francis Abraham" <francis_abraham@yahoo.com> wrote in messa...

local domain same that internet domain
Hi ! I have a Windows 2000 Server with the Exchange Server 2000. I have diferent offices, each one with their own e-mail, office@mycompany.com or useroffice@mycompany.com When I installed my server I put the domain mycompany.com, and my users have and @mycompany.com account, but I have an ISP domain mycompany.com hosting and e-mail, and not all my users connect to my server. The other offices connect to my ISP. From the central office with the exchange, when sending an e-mail to the user@mycompany.com the exchange if the user is from another office it is not sent to the ISP because he recog...

problem with cache
hi asp.net 3.5 I added this markup to default.aspx: <%@ OutputCache Duration="3600" VaryByParam="none" %> Then when I try to login and click the submit button nothing happens. I'm not logged in. Now when I click on the other pages on the site (e.g navigate to other pages than default.aspx), on those pages I'm logged in. Going back to default.aspx and I'm loggout... Think this has something to do with pages was cached for an hour and asp.net is just showing the cached version. I hope there are some parameters or somehting I need to sp...

Sync problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I backed up my Entourage database as my MacBook was going in for repair. Somewhere in the process of moving it to my iMac and back to the MacBook over the weekend, the entire contents of my Exchange 2003 account (mail, contacts, calendars) were erased. This is the second time this has happened - I wish I knew what caused it - but that is not in itself the problem (though I hope someone at Microsoft thinks this is a very big problem). <br><br>When this happened previously the p...

Localization of CRM 3.0
What opportunities does the Dynamics CRM 3.0 give for localization? For example, I need to translate the main menu of the CRM or some forms (Resolve Case, Lookup dialogs etc). Or Can I do this using editing of any resourses in the libraries (dll's)? Where does the CRM hold string tables? CRM does not provide "true" localization. You can install the product in your choice of (I belive 23) languages, but that is an implementation level decision. It does not support the ability for one user to use the system in English and another user to use it in Spanish. -- Matt Parks MVP ...

lookup #3
I am performing a lookup function but in certain situations the cell that is looked at is blank. Is there a way to avoid getting the #N/A as the result? thanks frank, =IF(ISNA(yourlookup),0,yourlookup) Is the basic construct of testing for the #N/A and if your Vlookup would result in #N/A then return a zero (can be changed to a blank by substituting two double quotes for the 0) John "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote in message news:024701c3d172$23762c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am performing a lookup function but in certain > situations the cell that is looked at ...

Lookup function on the web
Can I use excel to perform lookups on the internet? I am a teacher and want to have students log onto my website and punch in their ID number and get a progress report for only them. Will this work with excel? Thanks for any replies. -- CJ-22 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CJ-22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483938 Hi, I am not sure if you want to perform lookup from website to excel or vice versa - if so, you can use We...

Lookup problem in Excel 2003
I had a formula in an Excel workbook called Payments to update the bank balance during 2011-2012: =LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\Excel\Accounts 2011-2012\Bank 11-12\[2011-2012 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F) This worked perfectly well until I needed a similar formula for 2012-2013. I have amended it as appropriate but it only returns 0.00 on my Payments sheet. This is the formula I am using: =LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\Excel\Accounts 2012-2013\Bank 12-13\[2012-2013 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F) Can anyone see where I have gone wron...

Address Book Lookups
When I click on To... when sending an email I get multiple listings of a contact. I looked the list up in Address Book and found that the multiple listings were due to contacts that had an SMTP entry and a FAX entry. I can delete the entry from the FAX type to eliminate the redundancy, but I want to know: 1) Where are those FAX entries coming from? 2) Instead of deleting them, can I set it up to see ONLY the SMTP type listings in my "To... Lookup" ? Thanks for the help, James Baker Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- a...

Need help with lookup #2
Hi, I have four columns of data. Column B is a list of names. I need a formula that will like for a specific name in column B and give me the data on the rows in columns A, C and D where it finds that name. Kind of like sub-totalling by name in column B, but I want to duplicate the data to another section of the spreadsheet. Thanks for any help, Dan =index('sheet2'!a:a,match(x99,'sheet2'!b:b,0)) Change x99 to the cell that contains the name. Change 'Sheet2' to the name of the sheet with the table. Change A:A to C:C and D:D for the other columns. Dan B wr...

Offset/Match Double Lookup
Trying to do a double lookup. 4931857 1 CO 4931857 2 LO 4931890 1 CO 4931890 2 LO 4931890 3 LO Want to look up the first two columns and get the third column as answer. I've been interrupted so many times, I don't know where I'm at. This was my formula but.... D13 would be the order# and S13 would be the dispatch#. In my range, I don't have any col headings, it looks just like above. We have Excel 2003. OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$4:$C$1234,MATCH(D13,OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$4:$C$1234,0,0,ROWS(Sheet1!$A$4:$C$1234),3),0)-0,MATCH(S13,OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$4:$C$1234,0,0,ROWS(She...

Lookup function help please
I'm trying to use the following LookUp function but it keeps on coming up as #N/A for option 1 but seems to work for 2,3 and 4, can someone tell me where I'm going wrong =LOOKUP(AU17,{1,2,3,4},{".175","0","0","0.05"}) The AU17 cell has the following formula in it, and it works - this is for VAT =IF(VC1="U","1", IF(VC1="Z",2,IF(VC1="E",3, IF(VC1="P",4,)))) Many Thanks for your help Remove the quotations marks around the 1 in AU17's formula: =IF(VC1="U",1, IF(VC1="...

copying value from lookup into textfield
Hi, I found some posts to this question here in the forum and some in the internet, but most of them belong to CRM 3.0 and some use methods I not allowed or unable to do |-) So my questions are: Are there any Addons for this? Is there a method, just using javascript within the webclient? (I am not able to programm any callout or webservice) best regards Antonio It's an easy script. Assume your fields are named new_text and new_lookup, then use the following: crmForm.all.new_text.DataValue = crmForm.all.new_lookup.DataValue ? crmForm.all.new_lookup.DataValue[0].name : null; Or in ...

Lookup 2 values to return 1
Does anyone know if you can combine and IF, AND, and VLOOKUP. I need to lookup 2 different dates in a table and if both of those dates appear on one sheet, I need the associated value to be returned. If this is possible, how would I do this? Hi, An example will help but assuming that you want to extract a value from column C if the dates in column D and E match your dates entered in cells A1 and B1 and put the value in A2 use in A2 =sumproduct(--(A1=$D$1:$D$1000),--(B1=$E$1:$E$1000),$C$1:$C$1000) "Sarah" wrote: > Does anyone know if you can combine and ...

Create a lookup field in CRM3.0
Can I create a lookup field in Quote and this field is referenced to another entity(eg. user in CRM system)? ---I mean: this field is a lookup field, the picklist is all user in CRM system. Is CRM3.0 support is function? Can anyone can help me? Thanks -- Richard CRM 3.0 does not support creating new relationships (or their lookups) between system entities so the answer is no, sorry.. Peter Lynch "Richard Jin" <RichardJin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6041321-457B-4F32-9620-AF688FABC96C@microsoft.com... > Can I create a lookup field in Quote a...

Outlook Address book and LDAP lookup of Exchange
I have seen several articles to set up the Outlook 2002 address book to lookup Active Directory information. I can not get any of them to work. Can anyone provide a detailed method of letting me look up my exchange email addresses via ldap ...

how to lookup a value within a range and return a label
Wrecking my head this one: For example if the Label A is from 1 to 200 B from 201 to 1000 C from 1001 and above How can I lookup and return the correct label for a value. Is there a function for this, or does it require programming Put these values in cells A1:B3 1 A 201 B 1001 C put the value to look up in C1, and use this formula =VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B3,2) "jocmccoy" wrote: > Wrecking my head this one: > > For example if the Label > A is from 1 to 200 > B from 201 to 1000 > C from 1001 and above > > How can I lookup and return the correct label for a...