Lookups and Local Cache

Experts,

I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project and
come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project Information.
The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is this
the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have to
tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure hope
not.

Hadi:

This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
hope so.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Experts,
>
> I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> and
> come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> Information.
> The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> this
> the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> hope
> not.

0
Gary
5/29/2010 4:25:58 PM
Gary, sounds like our IT folks didnt tell me the truth about updates and
patches because i asked them right before I posted the question here and they
assured me that everything is up to date. thanks for the tip and sorry to
post such a question without doing my homework first

Hadi

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Hadi:
>
> This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
> systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
> hope so.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Experts,
> >
> > I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> > looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> > and
> > come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> > Information.
> > The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> > this
> > the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> > tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> > hope
> > not.

Gary, I checked with our IT folks again and we have SP2 and Cumulative
Updates as of Dec 2009 for both client and server.

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> Hadi:
>
> This sounds like an issue that was corrected long ago. Do you keep your
> systems up to date with the latest patches  both clients and server? I sure
> hope so.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Hadi" <Hadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Experts,
> >
> > I saw similar posts asking abuot this issue but did not get the answer i'm
> > looking for. Everytime I add or modify Lookup values in PWA, exit project
> > and
> > come back, I do not see the new values under Project-->Project
> > Information.
> > The only time I would see them is by cleaning the local Cache folder. Is
> > this
> > the way it's designed? how do you implement that for 150+ users? do I have
> > tell them to do this everytime i make a change to lookup values? i sure
> > hope
> > not.

Comments with Lookup Formulas??
Is there anyway to insert a formula into a comment box?? I have one sheet with three columns which contain defect code numbers. I have another worksheet tab in the same excel file which contains a list of defect code numbers and defect descriptions. I want to display the defect description in a yellow comment box when I move the cursor over the cell which contains the defect code number. I looked at Excel's comment feature, but it appears that these comment boxes can contain only fixed text. Is there any way to incorporate a lookup function into the comment box so that it can look up ...

Lookup function doesn't work
I am using a lookup function to compare the results in sheet1 column 1 to sheet2 column 2 and return the results of sheet2 column2. The function seems to work for the first few entries, but then returns the wrong results for some of the other entries. I am using "=LOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$16)" and it is copied down a column of text/numeric entries in the first sheet. Has anyone else had problems with this? Thanks. -- Frank L Are the values in the lookup_vector i.e. "Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16" in ascending order ? -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in new...

Local Delivery issue
Hi All, Would any one know why the local delivery queue in exchange is backing up and not able to send? I am seeing this just come up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Is any store on that server offline? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "apereira" <apereira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC98EE88-E905-467B-8268-47AB74E2B5B6@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > Would any one know why the local delivery queue in exchange is backing up > and not able to se...

Consolidate Pivot Tables/Cache using Excel 2003
Hi, I have an Excel 2003 workbook with 20 worksheets. Each worksheet contains one Pivot table.The Pivot tables all have a common structure and the same number of fields. Is there a way to consolidate the individual Pivot tables into one master Pivot table using VBA? Alternatively would it be possible to use VBA to cycle through all the underlying Pivot Caches and copy all the data to a new worksheet? Any help/guidance appreciated. hi, you could do a query on PivotTables sources -- isabelle ...

How Do I Delete My Local .PST Calendar?
How do I delete the calendar in my local .pst file? When I create new .pst files, there is no calendar in it. But if I then add a calendar to this .pst file, it screws up which caldendar my meeting requests go into. So I would like to delete the local calendar and just keep the service calendar. Ernest Maw wrote: > How do I delete the calendar in my local .pst file? > > When I create new .pst files, there is no calendar in it. But if I > then add a calendar to this .pst file, it screws up which caldendar my > meeting requests go into. > > So I would like to delete...

Clearing Lookup Values in the CRM Account Object
I'm in the process of building an integration component to bridge SAP and CRM. For several reasons we have gone with a custom component and the development has been going well. I have just hit a problem that is stumping me. In the method that updates the CRM Account object we are setting the parent account by picking up the SAP parent account ID and resolving it against the CRM system to retrieve the CRM account GUID. The lookup objects value property is then set to the GUID and once all the account attributes have been updated the following line of code is used to update the account o...

Creating a lookup drop down menu for multiple data tables
I have a company that services cars at different sites. I have 4 tables (company sites, customers, cars, services) with information in each in those tables. I want to create a form where the user chooses a "Company Site" from a drop down box, then selects a specific "Customer" from another drop down box that only contains the customers that are associated with that company site. Then is is possible when the user selects a certain customer that in some other fields on the form the information from the customer table on that customer appears, ex) First name, Las...

Email not delivered
We have 3 domains - One Forest Domain: USA (root), Exchange 2000, Site USA, Routing Group to the Netherlands Exchange server Domain: Netherlands, Exchange 2000, Site Netherlands, Routing Group to the USA Exchange server Domain: EU, Exchange 2003, Site EU, Routing Group to the USA Exchange server and Netherlands Exchange server. All sites are placed in Administrative Group. Mail flow: - Between EU and USA Exchange server: Doesn't work The mail stays in the “Messages awaiting directory lookup” queue. - Internet: Ok - Between Netherlands and USA Exchange server and back: Ok - Between Neth...

2 column lookup or match
Hi folks, I have two sheets, each with LastName and FirstName columns. The secon sheet has a State column. What I want to do is create some kind of lookup formula in the firs sheet that returns the State when both the LastName and FirstName matc on both sheets. I guess the answer looks something like: =OFFSET(AND(MATCH(A1, Sheet2!A1), MATCH(B1, Sheet2!B1)), 0, 3) But I can't quite find the right combination. Any ideas? Thanks, Graha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try this =IF(AND(MATCH(A10, Sheet2!A10), MATCH(B10, Sheet2! B10)),OFFSET(Sheet2!A10, 0, 2),&qu...

Generating continuous lists using lookups
This problem may have already been answered, but if I have a list of outcomes in column A (complete, in progress, abandoned) with a list of job names in column B, can I generate a formula that will list all of the complete jobs in column C with no gaps in between rows? Eg: A B C 1 complete reports 2 in progress timetable 3 complete registration 4 abandoned resource file What formula can go in column C to list reports and registration in rows 1 and 2? Regards, Dave ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet me...

two colum lookup #2
i would like to see the cells in colum A & B which coiside with the cells in colums F & G i will ammend the original so that i can be understood better and send shortly -- alexanderd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alexanderd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4984 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278114 ...

outlook2k3 in cached mode delivery reciepts
Is there a known issue w/outlook2k3 users when they set up cached mode initially and synchronize folders that it will immediately send read reciepts saying the email were deleted w/out being read if delivery reciepts were requested? I have had 2 incidents in the last week when users reconfigured their outlook for cached mode. Is there a fix for this? I could not find anything in technet. I don't expect that cached mode has something to do with this as cached mode makes a local copy of the messages; it doesn't delete anything. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outl...

Lookup #3
Hi All I have a table that contains the following infromation in A2:FT6010 I need to lookup the information in FT witch is column 175 that matches critiera from A (date) and Name If 1/2/05 and Kerry = 94.96% EG A[INDENT ]B[INDENT ]FT 1/02/2005[INDENT] Mathew[INDENT]100.00% 1/02/2005[INDENT] Kelly[INDENT ]98.25% 1/02/2005[INDENT] Paul[INDENT ]92.12% 1/02/2005[INDENT] Kerry[INDENT ]94.96% 1/02/2005[INDENT ]Rick[INDENT ]98.18% 2/02/2005[INDENT] Mathew[INDENT ]99.85% 2/02/2005[/NDENT ]Kelly[INDENT ]75.12% Thanks -- mathewheys ------...

Invalid Value types in Lookup field
I am new at Access and don't really know what I am doing. I created two tables... 1. contact information 2. subcontractors used at job sites. I created a lookup field for the subcontractors so when I create reports or queries I can connect the subcontractors with their contact information. I set the field to text, but everytime I try to put the cursor in the field it comes up with an error message saying that the value isn't valid for the field. How do I get it to stop doing this? Your first problem was defining a "lookup field" -- I'm sure Microsoft was tryi...

help with lookup or something else
I want to write a formula, say in cell E2 that picks the correct price based on valume Entered in Cell D1. Suppose I have a table set up with volume vs price. sush as: Column A B C D E Row 1 From TO PRICE Volume Entered ?? Row 2 500 600 $1.20 Row 3 601 700 $0.99 Etc... down the row. I know I can use vlookup ordinarily but now there are two columns. If volumn is between 500 to 600 then the price is one thing, if volumn is between a different braket is something else.....

Outlook 2007 woes
Hi, I have had a lot of grief with my Outlook 2007 - periodically it freezes. When I try to kill the process, and restart, it keeps getting stuck at "updating cached messages (250/xxxx)". Everytime it is the magic number 250. I have to kill and restart a few times (today has been more than 10, hence this message), and then on one of these tries, it seems to get over the hurdle and I am able to use it. This usable period lasts for a few days/couple of weeks, and then I am back to the same kill/restart/kill/restart routine to get it going. My Outlook 2007 on one of these occasions ga...

Why do inactive accounts display in PM distribution account lookup
I've marked an account inactive in G/L. It isn't availablable in Financials > General, but I do still see it in PM distribution account look up? Why? But, more importantly, besides using a Smartlist view, how do I change this? Tx Les Les, When inactivating the account, also choose to 'unhighlight' the Purchasing option available in the Include in Lookup listbox. If you also need to exclude from other lookups, unselect all other options. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Les Wrigh...

Lookup a range and insert range name into second worksheet
Hi, Worksheet 1 Column B Column K Delivery x Allocation A Delivery x Allocation A Delivery x Allocation B Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation D Worksheet 2 COL 1 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 ROW 13 Allocation A Allocation B Allocation C Allocation D I need to be able to automatically insert the allocation name in wks2 as it is added in wks1. The allocations cannot be pre...

help with lookup (years and Months)
I have a problem when using look up LOOKUP(U37,'Commission Rates'!I2:I32,'Commission Rates'!K2:K32)) where Col I contains the terms for commission in the format 5Years, 1Mths incrementing 1 mth at a time Col U contains tha term of the policy calulated using datedif Col K contains commission rate dependant on term in col I when term is any Years and 1Mths lookup returns value from any Years and 11 Mths this doesn't happen for 2 mths 3mths etc any ideas how i can rectify this thanks colm -- ********************************************************************** This ...

Drop Down Lookup Return Value From Another Cell
Greetings! I would like to have a drop down pick list that returns the value from an adjacent cell instead of the one picked. For example, I have a list of Units of Measures in one column and their abbreviations in an adjacent column (i.e. "hundred weight" in cell b2 and "CWT" in cell a2) I would like to have the drop down list displaying the long description in column B to pick from but return the abbreviation from column A. Can not figure it out, what am I missing? SM You can do this with data validation and programming. There's a sample file here: htt...

Turn off Name Cache in Outlook 2000
I need to turn off this feature. Everytime I convert a distribution list to a resource mailbox, remote users will get NDRs sending the that address until they pull it from their GAL. For each client you will need to uncheck "Suggest names while complete To, CC, and Bcc fields". Which is located by going to Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35b001c47ee0$587e9000$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to turn off this feature. Everytime I convert a > distribution list to a resource mailbox, remote ...

Extender Lookup 02-04-10
Hello, I created an Extender Lookup; but not sure where I can use this Lookup? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks May ...

unable to open local users and groups
This is about a problem I'm having on 2003 Server R2. When I try to go into local users and groups, it has a red x over it and the display pane says "Unable to access the computer <ServerName>. The error was: Invalid Syntax." I've tried several things, but still have this problem. Some of the suggestions I've tried including copying over activeds.dll and activeds.tlb from a server that works and re-registering those, (obviously) rebooting the server, and running system file checker. None of these have solved the problem. Does anybody here have any o...

Do a two way lookup and get the result in multiple columns
Hi, I have a worksheet with data on store sales: StoreLoc Date Sales$ A 10/28/2005 $100 A 11/04/2005 $150 B 10/28/2005 $200 B 11/04/2005 $250 B 11/11/2005 $300 B 11/18/2005 $350 C 11/04/2005 $300 C 11/11/2005 $350 C 11/18/2005 $400 D 11/11/2005 $400 etc. I wanted to do a two-way lookup on StoreLoc and Date and get the sal...

GP 10.0 UK Localization
This may have been answered before. In GP 10.0 is it possible to change the phone format in the customer or vendor card for an UK company from US to UK? I have read that in previous versions you had to make the change yourself. Was this included in GP 10? If so, how do you do it? Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonvill, FL Hi Joanne If you install Microsoft Dynamics GP and select United Kingdom as your country it will automatically include the UKERR.CNK file which will adjust the phone formats for the free text used in the UK. You can change the Phone format in Great Plains for window...