Location of MS Project Cache Folder in Windows 7 OS

Hi
I'm trying to clear the MS project cache of corrupt DAT files but I can't
seem to locate the cache folder in Windows 7. Can anyone give me the path?
Thanks!

LisaD --

You can find the location on your own hard drive by clicking Tools - Locate
Project Cache - Cache Settings.  The Cache Location field in the Cache
Settings dialog will tell you the location.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"LisaD" <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm trying to clear the MS project cache of corrupt DAT files but I can't
> seem to locate the cache folder in Windows 7. Can anyone give me the path?
> Thanks!

0
Dale
2/18/2010 6:30:54 PM
or in %appdata%....
--
Regards,  Ben.

http://www.applepark.co.uk
http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> LisaD --
>
> You can find the location on your own hard drive by clicking Tools - Locate
> Project Cache - Cache Settings.  The Cache Location field in the Cache
> Settings dialog will tell you the location.  Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "LisaD" <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I'm trying to clear the MS project cache of corrupt DAT files but I can't
> > seem to locate the cache folder in Windows 7. Can anyone give me the path?
> > Thanks!

Limitation of Outlook Pesonal Folder
Hi Guys, Can you give me a reference where I can find information about limitation of personal Folder of MS Outlook? If its possible that the information was stated the maximum size (GB?) Thanks, Mark Here is a link to an article that talks about the Personal Folder file size limitation for Oultook 97-2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;296088. Outlook 2003 has a much larger limitation and here is a link to an article that discusses its limitations, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;830336. I hope this information is helpful. Robe...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

window is off screen
Had to look up some 2007 Tax filing stuff today. Back then this computer had two monitors. By default, the tax stuff was sent to the second monitor, it disappears off of the screen now and I cannot look at it. Multiple dragging attemps did not work, thought there was a "key sequence" or ?? to make all windows return to the main monitor?? With two monitors connected 'drag' the stuff on #2 back to #1 - then you can stop using #2 monitor. "Meebers" <Iwork@topposter.com> wrote in message news:e8C0apRzKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Apply current view to all folders
Hi, I would like to apply a certain view to all sub-folders within my inbox and would like to do it without having to go to all my folders. I have many sub and sub-sub folders. I have looked and looked for an 'apply this view to all folders' button or the like but can't find. Can anyone help?? Thank you, Tracy Rhodes ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Me again... bottom line.. How can I make every message and information look alike wit...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

email to Public folder gets NDR
When I try to send a message to PF I get a NDR and following message in Application log Event Type: Warnin Event Source: MSExchangeTranspor Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 32 Date: 31.05.200 Time: 9:50:2 User: N/ Computer: XMAI Description The following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg2 to the store failed. Error code : 1238 (Message-ID <C8F74733BF2C7E4888545664F83970FC47162D@xmail.1111.ru> will be NDR'd). MDB : 0a07ea5d-c42f-41d6-9b26-1b91ceddf4dd. FID : 1-41. MID : 1-23E6CB. File : . But some other users can send messages without problems.. What does this error code(...

Checking mails with MS Outlook closed?!
Hi, is it possible to have MS Outlook notify me of new accounts in a minimized status. i.e. i have a low memory and i don't want extra programs to be opened on my computer. i want to have outlook closed still i want it to to checkup my imcoming mails and provided i should have new mails it would popup and notify me accordingly. is that possible in outlook? if not, is there any program that could do that? regards, eqbal Outlook can't do anything if it's not opened. Is the mailbox you're checking a POP3 mailbox? If so, there are a number of very small programs that c...

Rehoming public folders Exch5.5
Hi, Iinstalled a new Exch5.5 Serv into our existing site and decided to rehome public folders using Admin console and MS Article Q185043. Serv1 NT4SP5 Exch5.5SP4 is to removed from site Serv2 is the new server Win2kSP3 Exch5.5SP4. My question is why do all my public folders (hidden view) still show in the recipent container on serv1 after being rehomed 5 days a go to serv2 but under the public folder hierarchy all my folder properties state the home server as Serv2? The only step i havn't perform in the article is 'propagate these properties to all subfolders' and clear all optio...

What is this window type ?
Hi there, I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't even know how you call that type of window. It's pretty basic, I have my active window and I want to use a second window but still be able to use the first one. When I create a dialog using the DoModal() I can't give control back to my main window... Can someone maybe only point out the type of window it is so I can check some info on the net how to use them ? Thanks, Max. Maxime Savard wrote: > Hi there, > > I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't ...

sbs 2003 with windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Hi Is it possible to connect a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit client pc with sbs 2003 standard (not R2)? Any caveats? Thanks Regards This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0152_01CB1470.62DB6830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable yes it's possible http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/05/14/installing-windows-7-in= -a-sbs-2003-environment.aspx?wwparam=3D1277490172 --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashe...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

partitionsize windows 7
I looked into the HD (500GB) of my new Dell Inspiron with windows 7 home premium 64bits and found that there was only one volume C: with primary partition of 456 Gb and a recovery partition of 15 GB. As I like to make an other partion for a 2nd OS , surely I can decrease the c: partion of Windows 7? So what is the minimum size for that partition? regards __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4667 (20091207) __________ Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com The minimum size is what...

shareing resources within a project
I build 80+ homes a year, and need to manage it as one project-i think??? the thing is, i have for example 3 Plumbing contractors to do the rough-in for 15 homes, i can only give them 5 homes each and set Priorities for the homes. so oboviously home #2 can start until #1 is completed. and the same goes for plumbing finishes which have to be linked wt the plumber who did the rough-in. All of plumber's #1 tasks need to be linked not only for each unit but across all houses that plumber starts for me. for example plumber #1 may not be able to do the rough-in on 3 Apple St. becau...

Licensing Project Server 2007
I'm confused about what server licences are required for Project Server 2007. User/CAL licensing I understand, but the server licensing I'm not sure about. If I install PS2007 onto a 2 server configuration (WFE/App and DB), I need one PS2007 server licence. That's OK. If I add a separate WFE server, do I need to add another PS2007 server licence? The Project Server application will not change where it runs. I think I might need an additional licence. If I then choose to add an additional WFE/App server to the farm that is intended to provide resources for a separ...

Uninstall MS Office 2010 Beta on Windows 7
I downloaded and installed the beta version of MS Office 2010 on my system running Windows 7, 64 bit. It ran great. The newer features are much better than what is currently available. One day I fired up the Word module and was hit with the error message "program is corrupt, uninstall or re-install to correct the problem". My problem is I can't do either. I keep getting the corrupt message and the same corrective measures to take. Anyone have a fix or suggestion - Thanks ...

Lost my Sent items folder
I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good. Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!! Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying deleted items) I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. ...

Net Folders #2
I just bought a copy of Outlook 2002. What happend to Net Folders? Has that feature been removed? Are there any ways to share a calendar without Exchange? gbs Hello Gregg, Net folders were skipped in Outlook 2002. Now you have to use third-party solutions. Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm or at my signature. Thomas Wetzel Outlook sycnhronization - quick and easy www.synchpst.com ...

Lotus Notes and MS CRM
My customer uses Lotes Notes but he is very interested in buying Microsoft CRM. However, Lotes Notes remains their email and agenda application. Do you know a way to use MS CRM in combinating with Lotes Notes (alike the SFO client). I read about Microsoft Office Outlook Connector but it want to use Outlook as client for Lotes Domino but my customer want to Lotes Notes remains their email and agenda application. Needs tips or documentation for help. Best Regards, Awan There's a Lotus Notes connector available for MS Exchange. I'm in the same situation at one opportunity. ...