Integration of Projectserver 2007 with customized applications

--

Hi,

different data of employees like payroll of employees in HRMS SYSTEM which
is using MYSQL Database . in which salaries of employees ,increment ,
decrement,bonuses e.t.c are exist.

and other system which using oracle databases also keep employees different
info.

now we want to do costing and budgeting in project professional 2007 with
project server 2007.

I want when i add employees from Active directory into project server 2007
then the information from these others systems also get in project server
2007. like increment , salary,decrement , bonuses and others. from different
databases. and then we do costing and budgeting . and create reporting , OLAP
cubes.

How it is possible in Microsoft EPM 2007 . how we can integrate with other
systems and get data from other databases.

Kindly give me reply quickly

Hi Basim,

well it would take a very long answer to get into the details of your
question. Integration with other systems is certainly possible and often
done. Generally Proejct Server consist of the PSI, web services where you can
integrate project server with other data. Check out the Proejct Server SDK
which can be found here

but I would recommend using an EPM Partner with a lot of experience.
Depending on where you life, I am sure you will find an EPM Partner. as a
starting point check out the Microsoft partner site and search for EPM
partners. I hope that helps

--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"Basim" wrote:

> --
>
> Hi,
>
> different data of employees like payroll of employees in HRMS SYSTEM which
> is using MYSQL Database . in which salaries of employees ,increment ,
> decrement,bonuses e.t.c are exist.
>
> and other system which using oracle databases also keep employees different
> info.
>
> now we want to do costing and budgeting in project professional 2007 with
> project server 2007.
>
> I want when i add employees from Active directory into project server 2007
> then the information from these others systems also get in project server
> 2007. like increment , salary,decrement , bonuses and others. from different
> databases. and then we do costing and budgeting . and create reporting , OLAP
> cubes.
>
> How it is possible in Microsoft EPM 2007 . how we can integrate with other
> systems and get data from other databases.
>
> Kindly give me reply quickly

Excel 2007 Scatter Plot Issue
Hello, I need to create a scatter plot in Excel 2007 and I am clueless. I have two columns, one called REASON, the other called LENGTH OF TENURE IN DAYS. I have selected both columns and attempted to insert a Scatter chart, but to no avail. Can you please help? Jeff REASON sounds like a non-numeric data range. An XY chart cannot accept non-numeric data. Would a bar chart be better? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ <jeffch1970@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7772a1c7...

Outlook 2007 Meeting Details
When setting up an Outlook 2007 meeting, for some of the attendees I can just see whether they are free or not but for others I can see the details of the meetings that they are involved in. How do I restrict the level of detail that can be seen by others when they are setting up meetings with me? Right click on your calendar and choose Properties. Select the Permissions tab and change the permissions for those people to "Free/Busy time". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo,...

Exchange 2007 Edge transport server
Hi all I am reading tecknet about EX 2007 and it is saying that i need to have 2 nics on the box. One for the publi network and one for the privcate network, and that the private network should have DNS that points to the ISP. I dont see why i couldnt pull the edge transport server on the LAN dont make the box a member of the domain, configure one nic and set the DNS to point to the internal DNS server, then server publish the edge server with ISA 2004. Would this work? "The Edge Transport server role is deployed outside of the Exchange organization as a stand-alone server in th...

Office 2002 better than 2007
I have a one person office and do not need any of the new features of Office 2007. It is too complicated for me. Also, I was required to send to my friends a conversion kit. No thanks! Simple is best! Hi, Joe. > It is too complicated for me. Also, I was required to send to my > friends a conversion kit. No thanks! Why don't you contact Microsoft and tell them? This newsgroup's readers are volunteers familiar with Microsoft Access databases who help each other out with problems with the product and give advice. It's very unlikely that anyone from Microsoft will rea...

Standard color in excell 2007
Hi.. I tried to reset the standard color in Excell 2007. When using Excell 2003, I usually find it in tools>options>color>reset in excell 2003. How do I do it in excell 2007? I could not find the excell option to reset the standard colors Thanks very much Colors are not limited in 2007 like they were in 2003, so we no longer have the option to edit or reset colors. If you are displaying different colors in the Fill list then you were originally, it's probably because the theme has been changed. Click the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon. In the Themes group, click the C...

Very slow opening of Excel 2007
Hi Can anyone assist please? I am new to Office 2007 having just upgraded from 2003. All is installed and working however when I open an Excel spreadsheet it does not fully open. It only opens when I click on something else which is open and then return. Would anyone have any ideas about a fix, setting or be able to advise what I may be doing wrong - if anything. It's driving me mad!! Thanks Billy Enable one of the Excel add-ins, Solver for instance, let us know how it goes. Billy1036fm wrote: > Hi > Can anyone assist please? > > I am new...

Yet another file compatibility/conversion question (2007 <--> 2000
I've searched this forum but can't find a solution to my specific problem. Sorry if I missed something. An associate of mine, who runs Publisher 2000, is getting the error message "Publisher cannot open this file. This is not a Publisher file.". The file was created at her Office in Publisher 2007 and saved using the "Save As...Publisher 2000" function. And any files she creates cannot be opened on the Office PC's that all have Publisher 2007 & MS Office 2007. I know there is a Compatibility Pack for Office 2007, but I don't know if her Office peop...

Outlook 2007 crashes on import
I want to import contacts into Outlook 2007. I created a new contacts folder and started the import. It crashes Outlook every time with the dreaded: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So far I have tried csv and tab delimited files, but it's always the same result. Does anyone have any advice? Where are you importing from ?? -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices Laura, I am importing from a csv file. I also tried a tab delimited file, too. Both are located on my c drive. ...

crm 4.0 application exams
I took the CRM 4.0 Applications exams today, but I failed. I didn't expected it to be tricky. Anyone passed this exam? On Jun 3, 11:19=A0am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I took the CRM 4.0 Applications exams today, but I failed. I didn't expect= ed > it to be tricky. Anyone passed this exam? General consensus on the web is it is very difficult and experienced consultants who have worked with CRM for years are getting tripped up by it and the other two new CRM exams. My recommendation is wait for the braindumps. Leon Tribe I'm a...

Customer Email Collector
Looking to have a laptop at the front of the store that will run a program that can collect customer email addresses by advertising a prize or joining them to a mailing list. It would have just a box to enter the address and be able to change regularily for various contests and advertisements, etc. Any suggestions on how to do this? ...

Mystery Customer Procedures #2
Found these in a db we are having issues with, any ideas? dt_addtosourcecontrol dt_addtosourcecontrol_u dt_adduserobject dt_adduserobject_vcs dt_checkinobject dt_checkinobject_u dt_checkoutobject dt_checkoutobject_u dt_displayoaerror dt_displayoaerror_u dt_droppropertiesbyid dt_dropuserobjectbyid dt_generateansiname dt_getobjwithprop dt_getobjwithprop_u dt_getpropertiesbyid dt_getpropertiesbyid_u dt_getpropertiesbyid_vcs dt_getpropertiesbyid_vcs_u dt_isundersourcecontrol dt_isundersourcecontrol_u dt_remove...

unique key in an excel 2007 table
Hello, In an excel 2007 table, I want that one column has unique values. I want to check this at input time, with a data validation function. Say that I have Table1 a b qw 1 as 2 zx 3 fg 4 where a and b are column names. I don't want another "qw" or "zx" value in column a. I have tried with Data/Data Validation, with a formula like =(countif([a];[a])=1) but the countif function does not seem to recognaize structured references in data validation formulas. How could I get around this problem? Thank you Hi Try =COUNTIF($A:$A;A1)=1 -- Regards Roger Govier &qu...

Office Update 2007 error message...
Hey, guys, how's it goin'? As for me, I'm having trouble getting through this error. To start this off, I have Office Ultimate 2007 SP1 and wondering why Office Update won't work? The error message says, "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Is it me or am I missing something? Feedbacks/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Goodday, all! More than likely, it's a permissions problem, but you really need to check with a windows newsgroup. Your question may be better an...

Outlook 2007 Autocorrect with formatted text
I need to know how to enable Outlook to replace autocorrect entries with formatted text. In Word 2007, its as simple as clicking the radio button to enable it. In Outlook however, not so much. Here is what I am trying to accomplish -- this worked two weeks ago before my hard drive died, however, I can't remember how to recreate it. I enter my initials and autocorrect formats a signature with contact information. The path, Tools, Options, Spelling, Spelling, Spelling and Autocorrect Options, Autocorrect Options --- however, the "Formatted text" radio button is ...

Project Server 2003 and MS Office Project 2007
Hello, I'm very new to Project Server and am researching the creation of templates that can be used by the PMs. We would create a comprehensive template based on PMI, RUP or Prince2 and save it as a template. I found out how to save the template and I can see it in the database allright but when I create a new project in project center, I get a blank project. How and where do I configure project server to use the project template I created in Project Center. Any help is appreciated. Jason Jason -- To create a new project from one of the two new enterprise project ...

Dialog box in application class
I have a dialog box application. I added a dialog box resource and code and try to launch it in the application class before the original dialog box launch. If I use the controls inside it the dialog - like press some check box, the application crashes. Trying to launch it in another class works fine. Is that normal? Thanks beni "Beni" <beni@beni.com> wrote in message news:%23erze1l$GHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have a dialog box application. > I added a dialog box resource and code and try to launch it in the > application class before the original dialog b...

2000 to 2007 Compatibility
When opening an Excel 2000 workbook in Excel 2007, the data worksheets are converted, but only the first of several charts (each in separate worksheets) is converted successfully. Three of four charts have their background and series’ points distorted (black). The referenced data, which is in worksheets in the same workbook, is correct. The chart rendering is distorted. Suggestions? ...

convert PDF file to excel 2007 file
Anyone know how to convert a PDF file to an Excel 2007 file? Need help. Thanks You use software like this. http://www.pdftransformer.com/ Bob Heideloff wrote: > Anyone know how to convert a PDF file to an Excel 2007 file? Need help. > Thanks > > ...

Customer Toolbar Issues
I've created a custom toolbar and assigned macros to some buttons on that toolbar. 1. On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Commands tab. 2. Under Categories, click Macros. 3. Drag the custom button to the toolbar where you want it. 4. On the Customize dialog box, click Modify Selection, and then click Assign Macro. 5. In the Assign Macro dialog box, click the name of your macro, and then click OK. 1. Every week I send an updated file to users, but the macros on the toolbar seem to...

Customize standard task form
is it possible to customize the task form with a user defined field and call on this form when you click New... in task view? Yes, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/taskform.htm and http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Spencer Hutton" <shutton@dwhomes.com> wrote in message news:uMcO2ju4EHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > is it possible to customize the task form with a user d...

IE Crash in custom search
Hi everybody, I have a problem, with MS CRM 1.2 since few day, i have problem with custom search. When i open CRM, i go in custom search, it s working. If i go to Sales, accounts and try to go in custom search, my IE crash! with the standard message of windows (send or not send) Some computer have not the problem, and on the server, we have install Cisco CRM connector. So if someone can help me ? thank You may find that this is related to an issue with a recent IE security update. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918899 Check the computers that are having the problem, and see if upd...

WM_PAINT NON-STOP IN CUSTOM CONTROL
Hi all, I'm making MFC Dialog application.. One element in it is Custom Control(CC), created in Dialog Designer.. That CC is connected to a class A, registered by RegisterClass function, and its control handle I'm passing to my own WINPROC handle. I want to serve that CC by myself (by that WINPROC callback function).. Inside that WINPROC there is WM_PAINT message handle.. I don't understand why after dialog is created I see that CC and it's served by that WINPROC, BUT it constantly receives WM_PAINT message after I draw an image in that CC???????? I use BitBlt and DC...

Outlook 2007 does not receive messages vista
Hello, I am trying to fix a friend's problem so any help would be great. When we click on send/receive, nothing happens, no progress shows. When he sends to himself, you can see the message leave the outbox but does not go to the inbox. ISP confirmed settings are correct. "test account settings" works fine. Tried office diagnostics - did not help. Repair office in add-remove programs - did not help. Downloaded all updates - did not help. Turned on logging. In the opmlog.log there is no reference to the POP3 server, strange. Only SMTP. What could we try next? Thank yo...

custom number format #5
I created a custom format to accomodate a credit card number, after i enter the number the last digit is displayed as 0 no matter what number i have put in. EX: 1111-1111-1111-1113 displays as 1111-1111-1111-1110, HELP You must *pre-format* the cells as Text, before entering your data, OR Enter an apostrophe (') as the first character in the cell. The apostrophe will be visible in the formula bar, but *not* in the cell. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! =========================================...

Customer/Vendor Trx window
Running GP9.0, we do not have multicurrency. I have established a relationship between a customer and vendor. The customer has an unapplied payment which I want to transfer to payables to refund. I can see the payment in Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer, however, the document does not appear in the Customer/Vendor Consolidations window, even as a toggle between Transfer to Payables, Transfer to Receivables, and Consolidate Documents as referred to in KnowledgeBase article 863318. The Currency ID field in the Customer/Vendor Consolidations window is greyed out. I have tried in...