How to organize access to PWA for external user?

I have Project Server installed in "standalone" configuration.
Is that possible to organize access to PWA for CUSTOMER (person who
play
role of Project manager in customer organization) with observance of
conditions:

1.CUSTOMER should have ability to have access only to those files,
that
regards HIS organisation.
2.CUSTOMER should'not have rights to change any data in those files.

Thanks!
0
Konstantin

from your question I understand that you want to provide access to external
users may be they are customers , partners and remote users.

First tell your Network Administrator that he allow access your EPM URL and
enter DNS entry in proxy or gateway and make rule that redirect to the port
80 at your epm server .

and at your end you need to extend your PWA web application which has a port
80 to port 90 and then  enter public URL in alternate aceess mapping .

then anybody from anywhere can access this.

Hope this Helps

On Mar 19, 12:18=A0pm, Sam <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> from your question I understand that you want to provide access to extern=
al
> users may be they are customers , partners and remote users.
>
> First tell your Network Administrator that he allow access your EPM URL a=
nd
> enter DNS entry in proxy or gateway and make rule that redirect to the po=
rt
> 80 at your epm server .
>
> and at your end you need to extend your PWA web application which has a p=
ort
> 80 to port 90 and then =A0enter public URL in alternate aceess mapping .
>
> then anybody from anywhere can access this.
>
> Hope this Helps
>

> "Konstantin" wrote:
> > I have Project Server installed in "standalone" configuration.
> > Is that possible to organize access to PWA for CUSTOMER (person who
> > play
> > role of Project manager in customer organization) with observance of
> > conditions:
>
> > 1.CUSTOMER should have ability to have access only to those files,
> > that
> > regards HIS organisation.
> > 2.CUSTOMER should'not have rights to change any data in those files.
>
> > Thanks!

Thanks for answer, Sam. Actually problem lays in other field.
Customer has no problem with access to PWA. I just need to configure
PS that each customer could see only his project file.
For now, I have 3 custovers who want to see their project's status via
PWA. Unfortunately any of them can see only all project files in
Project Center and all project sites.
I think that solution is somewhere in Custom fields but not sure...
0
Konstantin
3/19/2010 3:12:24 PM
One way to do this would be to add your customer as a team member to the
projects they need to see, and set your "My Projects", set the option for
Projects to be seen only if the "user is on the project team". That way they
will only see the projects they are part of.
--
Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS

"Konstantin" wrote:

> On Mar 19, 12:18 pm, Sam <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > from your question I understand that you want to provide access to external
> > users may be they are customers , partners and remote users.
> >
> > First tell your Network Administrator that he allow access your EPM URL and
> > enter DNS entry in proxy or gateway and make rule that redirect to the port
> > 80 at your epm server .
> >
> > and at your end you need to extend your PWA web application which has a port
> > 80 to port 90 and then  enter public URL in alternate aceess mapping .
> >
> > then anybody from anywhere can access this.
> >
> > Hope this Helps
> >

> > "Konstantin" wrote:
> > > I have Project Server installed in "standalone" configuration.
> > > Is that possible to organize access to PWA for CUSTOMER (person who
> > > play
> > > role of Project manager in customer organization) with observance of
> > > conditions:
> >
> > > 1.CUSTOMER should have ability to have access only to those files,
> > > that
> > > regards HIS organisation.
> > > 2.CUSTOMER should'not have rights to change any data in those files.
> >
> > > Thanks!

> Thanks for answer, Sam. Actually problem lays in other field.
> Customer has no problem with access to PWA. I just need to configure
> PS that each customer could see only his project file.
> For now, I have 3 custovers who want to see their project's status via
> PWA. Unfortunately any of them can see only all project files in
> Project Center and all project sites.
> I think that solution is somewhere in Custom fields but not sure...
> .

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Excel user information
I am interested in learning about who uses Excel and how they use it. For example, what percentage of users have had formal training; how many use VLookup, or how many build models from scratch. Does anyone know of a source for such information? Thanks. Steve Powell No idea where you would get official stats, if indeed they even exist (Which i doubt), but happy to give you my personal guess:- Formal Training - Less than 1% Use VLOOKUP - Less than 10% Build Models - Depends on definition of what a model is. A couple of cells of data with a formula could be construed as a model, so I...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Administrator Access
I need a way in exchange for an administrator to be able to easily gain access to a user's account... without changing their password. I read that adding users to the "Send on Behalf" list in the active directory account does this, but this is not the case. We need to be able to see a user's account in the exact same way as a user sees it either via outlook or web mail without having to go in and change their password. Additionally I need an easy way to dump email into a user's account. The migration wizard IS NOT the solution. All I want to do is take RFC822 ...

Forwarding incoming messages to an external email account
My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. I need to set their email accounts to automatically forward any received emails to their other address. As I can only forward to someone in the active directory how can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. eli silverman wrote: > My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals > that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. > I need to set their email accounts to automatically forwa...

the program "access"
I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. my attempts are failing In article <1191720385.419936.207900@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, stevelaudig@gmail.com wrote: > I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get > to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. > my attempts are failing See http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/RelationalOffice.htm and http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/ExcelHome.htm You ca...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Excel to Access database
Does anyone know how to convert a Excel document to an Access database? I got this link off of Microsoft.com http://tinyurl.com/2nqo5 If I understand correctly, I could enter data into an excell spreadsheet, which I am at least somewhat familiar with. When I'm done, I could convert it into a new Access database without setting up the Access forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Gordon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Gordon: Hi. If there are headers to your columns, they should be in row1. In Access, start a new database file. In the "Tables"...

Excel template and access questions
We are going to use the Excel purhase order templates. We need to save each order in order to refer back to it. Is there a way to do this without saving each individual file (order)? Can we save in some sort of easy to locate "batch"? Also, is there a way to transfer a template that we have done (and all the data realted to it) into a Acess database withouthaveing to so much tweaking? If you have Access, I would suggest creating your purchase order database in Access and then having a mail merge push this information into an Excel template as needed, rather than going the othe...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

Link to external workbook
I want to change a formula linking to a cell in a workbook on another server so that the server name is used rather than the drive mapping. I have tried the following but I keep getting 'File Not Found': '\\Server Name:\Drive Name\...... (instead of 'G:\..... Please advise. -- R Ormerod \\Server Name:\Drive Name\ Doesn't look like a valid format... I think I'd use windows start button|run type in \\servername and point and click down the paths to find the correct workbook. If you turn "View|toolbars|address bar", then you may be able to see the path...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

User Template crashes Outlook2007
When I select a distribution template from "User Templates in File System" Outlook crashes, sends error amessage, and reloads Outlook. Can't weem to find the problem. ...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

user name and password not being retained in WindowsMail
I have Vista 32bit sp2, IE8 and WindowsMail. I had this problem on my XP/Outlook Express machine and found an answer, but can't find one for WindowsMail. Please note that I have had this set-up for several months and never incurred this problem. Even earlier today everything was working fine. It looks as if I can send messages, but when I click on send/receive button to receive messages I get a screen asking for my username and password. I have it set to remember in 'tools' 'accounts', but it isn't remembering it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...

Backend Crash Access 2007
One of our Access 2007 databases seems to have encountered some difficulties with crashing. There are 18 users, and approximately 75000 unique records. This morning the backend crashed and displayed the following error message: unrecognized database format '\\r5\accumteam\prod2010\clmd_be.accdb' r5 is the server name The database then recreated a copy of itself, and all the tables were empty. We were able to restore from backup but are very interested in fixing whatever may be wrong Thanks for any suggestions Marsh Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database cor...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Will there be a SP1 for Access 2007 runtime
I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 - use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to distribute it to client without access installed. Unfortunately one of the reports crashes the runtime environmet with an unknown error. The error did also occur in pure Access 2007 - until SP1 was applied. Is there any way to get an updated version of accessruntime.exe Hallo, lnielsen7 meinte: > I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 - > use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to > dist...