how to disable local resources from EPM 2007?

Hi.

Is there any way to disable local resources of EPM?

Thanks for help.
0
Macedo

Macedo --

No, there is no way for the Project Server administrator to disable the use
of local resources in enterprise projects.  So, if you do not want your PMs
to use local resources, you need to make this a training and performance
issue with them.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Macedo" <rcmacedo@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Is there any way to disable local resources of EPM?
>
> Thanks for help.

0
Dale

PowerPoint 2007 Hang problem
I'm tearing my hair out. I'm trying to insert a video file into PowerPoint 2007. It works on a colleagues laptop which is the same spec as mine but all I get is an hourglass. The .wmv plays find in windows media player. It hangs mplay32.exe. Where do I start? You probably need a codec. Head to http://www.playsforcertain.com and hit the Tutorials link. There is good information about troubleshooting and links to some codec packs.... -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyan...

How do I make a horizontal box & whiskers chart in Excel 2007
I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for a vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 Jon Peltier has a technique at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "dw" <dw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA22AEA-C925-43D1-B895-DC103B8039B0@microsoft.com... >I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for >a > vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 ...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

Disable Automatic Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-Mail addresses. Is there ANY way to stop Excel 2003 SP2 from automatically turning the e-Mail addresses into Hyperlinks every dern time I copy the address or in any other manner make that cell active? TIA, Steve Try putting a single quote in front of the address. Not the best solution but it is what M$ recommends. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand Please do not forget to rate this reply. "Og" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-Mail > address...

missing alias in outlook 2007
I have recently upgraded my vista notebook from outlook XP to Outlook 2007. with XP I had three aliases - one for me, one for my wife and a general one - that made it easy to apply rules for various emails. since the upgrade only my alias is getting picked up by Outlook, the other two are being left on the ISP whre we have to get them by web mail. Can anyone help? -- Mike Allen http://forums.slipstick.com "Mike Allen" <Mike.Allen.3za6ba@invalid> wrote in message news:Mike.Allen.3za6ba@invalid... > I have recently upgraded my vista notebook from outlook XP to Outlook ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar
My outlook Calendar does not retain past appointments, etc. for more then a month . What am I doing wrong? I need to keep a record of the past appointments on this calendar. I do download it to a blackberry however I have set the phone to not delete these items but it still attempt to Help.-- jk905 ...

OWA
Is there a way to disable or remove the "save password" on the log on screen for OWA? I am using E2K3 with AD2000 TIA Tom "Tom McCarroll" <TomMcCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5FF0A43-D0CE-433A-960D-095C69AF9290@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to disable or remove the "save password" on the log on screen > for OWA? > > I am using E2K3 with AD2000 > > > TIA > > Tom I think you are referring to the browser's own option to save the password, since this feature is not part of OWA per se. If you...

always ask before opening this type of file greyed out 2007
Windows 7 64 bit Office Outlook 2007 Guest account turned off Logged in as Administrator When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning box. There is a box "Always ask before opening this type of file?" that's checked but I can't uncheck it since it is greyed out. rickghouse wrote: > Windows 7 64 bit > Office Outlook 2007 > Guest account turned off > Logged in as Administrator > > When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning > box. There is a box "Always ask before opening...

Delegates and Deleted / Disabled Accounts
Greetings, I have a situation where a user has Delegates listed in Outlook, but when I look at the PublicDelegates attribute for the same user in AD there are none. One of the delegate accounts has been deleted from AD, the other account is disabled and is no longer mail enabled. Is there another attribute in AD which I should be looking at which accurately reflects which users have Delegate access to the mailbox. The problem resulting from all this is that when a meeting request is sent to such a user the sender gets back NDRs from each of the zombie delegates. Now I could just lo...

Word 2007 crashes
Sometimes word stop responding without performing any particular action. The error message that I have are: _____________________________________________________________________ EventType officelifeboathang, P1 winword.exe, P2 12.0.6514.5000, P3 wwlib.dll, P4 12.0.6514.5000, P5 NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. _____________________________________________________________________Hanging application WINWORD.EXE, version 12.0.6514.5000, hang module hungapp, version 0.0...

Activation of Publisher 2007 Trial
I downloaded and tried Pub trial. Then I followed instructions to convert/activate it. I obtained the product key online and at the same time it presented me with one download (Publisher2007Setup.exe) which I did and installed it. Then I tried to use the product key but when I choose Convert from Pub trial Help menu the window is titled "Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial" and when I get to the point of entering the product key it says it is an invalid key and Pub still says I have a trial version. I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Home and Student 2007. I ...

Using Javascript to Disable a Toolbar Button
I used the ISV.Config file to add a Toolbar Button to the Opportunity Form called "Create Billing Profile". I only want to enable this button when an Opportunity is set to Closed and Won. Is there a way to use Javascript to enable and disable a Toolbar Button? I tried to pass in an Id for the Toolbar Button in my ISV.Config file, but got an error. Thanks so much in advance for any ideas you might have. Sincerely, Robyn To get the correct id open a form that has the button on it and press Ctrl+N (new windows). This will open a new window with the same form but with the IE ...

How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?
Hi, I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the referencing to my work. However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style. I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have harvard style referencing in my work. I would apreciate any help that you can give. Thank you I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as ...

Some questions regarding EPM
All, I have setup Enterprise Project Environment with Microsft Project Server 2007, There are multiple projects running in my company and all projects plan published in MS Project Server. Question 1: I want to view the resources assignments / usage involved in all projects, i tried built in reports through web interface but that are not clear when you select many resouces the graphs gets confusing. OR please recommend any report that gives us the bird eye of all resources and their assignment, so that I can see which resource are over allocated and busy in another project. ...

How to disable the usage of "Permanently Deleting Items"
Hello, I want to disable the usage of "Permanently Deleting Items" for every user. Is there a way to disable this on the Exchange server or with Outlook. Every object must go into the folder deleted items. This setup shall help for better recovery support. Thanks Frank ...

Exchange 2007 multiple email addresses
Hi We have Exchange 2007 running on a Windows 2000 server. A user wants to receive into the same Outlook inbox the various emails addressed to different email addresses. Back in the Exchange 2003 I'd go about giving mailbox rights. But in Exchange 2007 things are different. I tried creating separated mailboxes and AD users and added smtp addresses in one mailbox. When I try to send email it is returned undelivered. Here is the example: domain: mycompany.com primary email id: mymain@mycompany.com secondary email id: mysecondary@mycompany.com In the mailbox added mysecondary@mycompany.com...

Office 2007 viewers for Mac
I am increasingly getting docx, xlsx and pptx files from colleagues but can't of course read them on the Mac. I read in the interview with the head of the MacBU @ Microsoft that viewers were coming but I haven't found anything since. Does anyone know any more? I believe most everyone expected to se the converters by now, but I'm afraid you know as much as any of us. The Mactopia site is the place to check periodically - I'm certain they will be posted for d/l there as soon as they are available. In the meantime the only option is to have the user re-send in 97-2003 for...

Outlook 2007 hangs when opening word docs
Dear All, About 1 out of every 5 times when I open a Word Doc that I receive as an email attachment, my Outlook hangs, goes through a forced close, then reopens. Any ideas? Thank you- asf66 ...

how to disable "synchronization log" messages?
I have outlook XP on win2k, and suddenly my deleted items folder is being filled by hundreds (if not thousands) of "synchronization log" messages. How to I disable them from filling up my folder? thank you... ...

Echange deleted items sent to disabled
Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the deleted items retention selected? Dana wrote: > Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted > items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the > deleted items retention selected? Nope. Only from backup. Which is a royal pain. One of the first things you should enable when setting up Exchange is DIR...will save you a lot of headaches. Also - since you posted something related to this a few messages...

Relay Through Exchange 2007
I'm trying to get my SAN to send warnings and alerts to users in our SanAdmin DL. I have not been able to get this to work. I created a receive connector for this but it still wont work. I have enabled logging and I see a 501 5.1.7 invalid address - is it saying the the sender is an invalid address? I have the address in the allowed receive network portion of the receive connector: 2007-04-03T22:50:27.536Z,BS-MAIL01\AllowRelayDarnIt,08C94320003C21D2,6,10.110.8.220:25,10.110.8..220:30208,>,250-SIZE 10485760, 2007-04-03T22:50:27.536Z,BS-MAIL01\AllowRelayDarnIt,08C94320003C21D2,7,1...

Money 2007 Invoice Printing without US Dollar Symbol
My invoice looks great, when I view it in print preview the dollar symbol for all entries, including total are missing. This is also the way it prints, no dollar $$ symbols. I have designed my own invoice but even when I use an included template I get the same result. No defaults have been changed. As far as I know everything else in Money shows up as US dollars. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it? ...

Outlook 2007 and CRM Client on Citrix/Terminal Server (TS) problem
Hello all, A customer is running Citrix PS 4.5 , Office 2007 (since 3 days!). We installed CRM on the servers with Office 2003. All was working fine. But since the upgrade it started to fail. As an admin, we can repair and everything works fine. We used a modified TS install script (Vbscript). The most anoying problem (some is dutch), see under the line below: - Question: where does it check for the difference between profiles? HKCU? if yes where? - strange thing is it worked one time with this user and than logged of and back on again and this started to happen. This error is with ra...

2007 Report editor spurious errors; odd behaviors
I assume the behavior I am seeing is addressed many times over, but I don't find answers here. Can someone direct me to the necessary patches, upgrades, fixes, or whatever? The thing is unusable as installed (my company just "upgraded" and I am now dead in the water) 1) random error saying "the data you attempted to paste or insert is too large for the field" when attempting to run/preview reports. 2) abysmal performance - long "hangs" when changing fields 3) inability to handle linked captions separately - once the wizard puts them at top a...

Outlook 2007 keeps repeating/adding send tasks while sending/receiving
Hi all, I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a IMAP mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured. Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in manually). Everything worked fine till some weeks ago. When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are added to the task list in the send/receive window. After all account are processed, all accounts are added to the task list again for sending, over and over again. I have a screenshot of that on http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg Also, sometimes...