How to clear Remaining work for Inactive Resources in Project 2003

Hello,
We are using Project Server 2003. Is there any easier way to clear Remaining
work for Inactive Resources other than going to each project and zeroing the
remaing work...may be from backend or pds calls?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Kishore Dodda

Hi,

No. You might be able to do something with PDS but that would take longer
than doing it manually and PDS doesn't work for Project Server 2007 onwards
so waste of time. I would email all project managers and tell them to zero
out remaining work for these resources. They are also the ones who will need
to re-allocate the work to someone else.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"Kishore Dodda" <KishoreDodda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> We are using Project Server 2003. Is there any easier way to clear
> Remaining
> work for Inactive Resources other than going to each project and zeroing
> the
> remaing work...may be from backend or pds calls?
>
> Please suggest.
>
> Regards,
> Kishore Dodda

> signature database 5167 (20100602) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5167 (20100602) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

Exchange 2003 environment
Hello, I have one Windows 2000 server as a domain controller running Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do an upgrade of exchange only to Exchange 2003 but leave Windows on 2000? or will I need to upgrade windows to 2003 as well? From what I have read it looks as if Exchange 2003 will run in a Windows 2000 domain but I just want word from someone who has some experience. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas Yes you can upgrade to Exchange 2003 without upgrading to Windows 2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@N...

Outlook 2003 process doesn't shut down on closing
Hello, When I close down Outlook 2003 SP3, the outlook process continues to run and the Outlook icon remains in the Taskbar. Windows XP Pro SP2 fully patched. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve Do not multi-post. See your answer in m.p.office.misc. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Maincat asked: | Hello, |=20 | When I close down Outlook 2003 SP3, the outlook process continues to | run and the Outlook icon remains in the Taskbar. Windows XP Pro SP2 | fully patched.=20 |=20 | Any ideas? |=20 | Thank...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...

auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work
I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Can anyone help please? -- teecee8 Hi Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar will pop up. Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again. If it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet. If you right click o...

Exchange 2003 SMTP QUIT
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = PROBLEM: Problem is that OUR SERVER is sending QUIT-, instead of sending MAIL FROM: MY Server open a SMTP connection REMOTE Server says 220 .. MY Server says EHLO to REMOTE Server REMOTE Server says 250 ... MY Server then say QUIT ! (instead of MAIL FROM ....) We have::Exchange 2003 , cu SP1, pe Windows 2003.. Exchange has also IMF (spam filter from Microsoft) and Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5. all PTR is installed and working OK. The SMTP Server is workin OK a while, then it start opening a lot of connections (7-10 /sec) t...