How do we only get one page to show for My Tasks

Yesterday we had a request by someone who has a lot of tasks if it was
possible to have all their tasks visibile on only one page.

We figured out how to do that on our own okay as far as going into the Web
Part option to open up and edit for Project Web Access and expanding the
default of 30 tasks to 200 or more...we did that.

However, when the person checked their tasks again, their tasks still seemed
to be broken out in what seemed to be "boxes" of about 30 tasks...one after
another, on the same page....which isn't what he was necessarily wanting.

Anyway, we would like to know if it is possible to get all tasks for our
designers on one page, without the "boxes".

Thanks, and appreciate anyone letting us know either way.

If you edit the webpart in "Shared Mode" which requires you to have admin
rights on the SharePoint site then the setting change you make on the My
Tasks webpart page should be reflected on all the users interfaces.

Jonathan

"mrw0915" <mrw0915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday we had a request by someone who has a lot of tasks if it was
> possible to have all their tasks visibile on only one page.
>
> We figured out how to do that on our own okay as far as going into the Web
> Part option to open up and edit for Project Web Access and expanding the
> default of 30 tasks to 200 or more...we did that.
>
> However, when the person checked their tasks again, their tasks still
> seemed
> to be broken out in what seemed to be "boxes" of about 30 tasks...one
> after
> another, on the same page....which isn't what he was necessarily wanting.
>
> Anyway, we would like to know if it is possible to get all tasks for our
> designers on one page, without the "boxes".
>
> Thanks, and appreciate anyone letting us know either way.

0
Jonathan
4/15/2010 4:47:54 PM
Thanks Jonathan,

So initially choosing "Modify a Shared Web Part" is not the way to go?  I
looked for another "Shared Mode" but guess I am not familiar...please advise.

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> If you edit the webpart in "Shared Mode" which requires you to have admin
> rights on the SharePoint site then the setting change you make on the My
> Tasks webpart page should be reflected on all the users interfaces.
>
> Jonathan
>
> "mrw0915" <mrw0915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yesterday we had a request by someone who has a lot of tasks if it was
> > possible to have all their tasks visibile on only one page.
> >
> > We figured out how to do that on our own okay as far as going into the Web
> > Part option to open up and edit for Project Web Access and expanding the
> > default of 30 tasks to 200 or more...we did that.
> >
> > However, when the person checked their tasks again, their tasks still
> > seemed
> > to be broken out in what seemed to be "boxes" of about 30 tasks...one
> > after
> > another, on the same page....which isn't what he was necessarily wanting.
> >
> > Anyway, we would like to know if it is possible to get all tasks for our
> > designers on one page, without the "boxes".
> >
> > Thanks, and appreciate anyone letting us know either way.

Hey again Jonathan,

Just looking for clarification.  I used 'Modify Shared Web Part' so looking
to make sure if I was at least on the right track there.  If I was supposed
to try this another way, let me know.

Thanks again.

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:

> If you edit the webpart in "Shared Mode" which requires you to have admin
> rights on the SharePoint site then the setting change you make on the My
> Tasks webpart page should be reflected on all the users interfaces.
>
> Jonathan
>
> "mrw0915" <mrw0915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yesterday we had a request by someone who has a lot of tasks if it was
> > possible to have all their tasks visibile on only one page.
> >
> > We figured out how to do that on our own okay as far as going into the Web
> > Part option to open up and edit for Project Web Access and expanding the
> > default of 30 tasks to 200 or more...we did that.
> >
> > However, when the person checked their tasks again, their tasks still
> > seemed
> > to be broken out in what seemed to be "boxes" of about 30 tasks...one
> > after
> > another, on the same page....which isn't what he was necessarily wanting.
> >
> > Anyway, we would like to know if it is possible to get all tasks for our
> > designers on one page, without the "boxes".
> >
> > Thanks, and appreciate anyone letting us know either way.

This isn't going to give you a single page, but it certainly does somewhat
by opening the page up for full screen capacity.

https://projectdaddy.com/shopexd.asp?id=471

Try it for free:

https://projectdaddy.com/shopexd.asp?id=472

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

> Hey again Jonathan,
>
> Just looking for clarification.  I used 'Modify Shared Web Part' so
> looking
> to make sure if I was at least on the right track there.  If I was
> supposed
> to try this another way, let me know.
>
> Thanks again.
>

> "Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you edit the webpart in "Shared Mode" which requires you to have admin
>> rights on the SharePoint site then the setting change you make on the My
>> Tasks webpart page should be reflected on all the users interfaces.
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> "mrw0915" <mrw0915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yesterday we had a request by someone who has a lot of tasks if it was
>> > possible to have all their tasks visibile on only one page.
>> >
>> > We figured out how to do that on our own okay as far as going into the
>> > Web
>> > Part option to open up and edit for Project Web Access and expanding
>> > the
>> > default of 30 tasks to 200 or more...we did that.
>> >
>> > However, when the person checked their tasks again, their tasks still
>> > seemed
>> > to be broken out in what seemed to be "boxes" of about 30 tasks...one
>> > after
>> > another, on the same page....which isn't what he was necessarily
>> > wanting.
>> >
>> > Anyway, we would like to know if it is possible to get all tasks for
>> > our
>> > designers on one page, without the "boxes".
>> >
>> > Thanks, and appreciate anyone letting us know either way.

0
Gary

Have Outlook 2000. How do I get rid of spam?
I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! winnieB <winnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. > When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I > Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! Step by step: 1) Open Internet Explorer. 2) Browse to http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ 3) Downoad SpamBaye...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Data Validation List not showing

Investment Summary on Home Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C4EF37.6BEB29B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I have had investments that I have sold completely within an = account and purchased other investments. When I go to "My Money" home = page, it will still show the old investment under the "Investment = Summary", "Investment Performance" and "Best and Worst Performance" = sections, along with the new investments. How can I clear out the old = investments from...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Getting font properties
I have a LOGFONT - complete with all desired properties including face name. I use CFont::CreateFontIndirect() to create a font. If the font I have specified is not available on my machine then it uses the nearest available in some appropriate sense. So far so good. But CFont::GetLogfont() just returns me the LOGFONT which I used to create the font, and not the one it actually adopted - in particular as regards face name. Is there an easy way to get the face name of the font it actually used? Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk...

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Summarising per page
Hi all, I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is more than 5 printed pages. What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. I want to do this for any printed page length (i.e. Letter, A4,) or orientation (Portrait, Landscape). Thanks in advance, Regards Nick Hi have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pxmw -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick Karoumpalos wrote: > Hi all, > I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is > more than 5 printed pages. > What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. > ...

Frame window does not get displayed properly
Hi All, I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame window when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I handle.) but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window properly. It appears to be transparent to me . I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I have a floting window on a dialog. Thanks Anup I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea. But if you want to have a floating window ins...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

How do I reverse the order of the pages I've written?
I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them in reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this ? At the bottom of your screen are little numbered pages. Pick on them with your mouse and drag them where they need to be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D020743-D49F-4C02-A03C-7D09CB5553A7@microsoft.com... > I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publish...

MS Office Excel97: Removing Page Breaks
How do I remove page breaks? For some unknown reason they started appearing on a spreadsheet recently. I see dotted lines dividing up the sheet and large "Page ...." in the background. According to an Office 97 book I have, I should go to Tools->Options->View-tab and set the Page Break option off. There isn't any. If I right click outside the page area, I see PG menu items but none seem to work. There's also a PB View in the View menu, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything. Weird. -- Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada Cit...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

Merging seperate workbooks into one workbook
Hi, I am looking to merge a bunch of workbooks with one sheet in each of them into a single workbook with a bunch of sheets. All of the files are in the same folder. Once upon I time I downloaded a utility from microsoft.com that did this in a snap, but I cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can find that utility or how I can do this? Much thanks, Raoul Duke Hi Raoul Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Raoul Duke" <RaoulDuke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86D64287-6247-4FD6-9CFB-F...