Hours not adding correctly in Resource View

For one of my resources, hours are not adding correctly when I am
looking in the Resource View in MS Project. For example, under one of
my resources, the total for 'Other projects and commitments' is 32h
for a particular week. However, when I expand the 'Other projects and
commitments' heading, there is a total of 40 hours on other projects.
This happens for several weeks with this resource. Is this a bug in MS
Project?

Thanks,
Drew
0
Drew

Drew --

Because of an unfixed bug with the "Other projects and commitments" feature,
you do NOT see the correct Work numbers for other projects.  Because of
this, we recommend that you do not use this feature at all.  To disable the
feature, do the following:

1.  In Project Professional 2007, click Tools - Enterprise Options -
Microsoft Office Project Server Accounts.
2.  Select the "Manually control connection state" option and click the OK
button.
3.  Exit Project Professional 2007 and then relaunch the software.
4.  In the Login dialog, deselect the "Load summary resource assignments"
option and click the OK button.

From this point forward, you will not longer see the "Other projects and
commitments" sections in the Resource Usage view for any enterprise project.
Instead, if you want to see what your resources are doing in other projects,
you will need to open those projects.  For example, let's say you open five
projects and then apply the Resource Usage view in any one of the five.  The
Resource Usage view will show you the COMBINED assignments for ALL resources
in ALL of the open projects, which is what I suspect you want to do.  Hope
this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Drew" <drew.glaser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For one of my resources, hours are not adding correctly when I am
> looking in the Resource View in MS Project. For example, under one of
> my resources, the total for 'Other projects and commitments' is 32h
> for a particular week. However, when I expand the 'Other projects and
> commitments' heading, there is a total of 40 hours on other projects.
> This happens for several weeks with this resource. Is this a bug in MS
> Project?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

0
Dale

[OL2003] adding exchange account to profile by PRF file
Hi, a PRF file (as shown below) generates an exchange account within a separately generated profile. I would like to change the PRF file such that the exchange account is added to the already existing profile called "Outlook" such that there is no need to switch profiles all the time. What adjustments are needed? I think section 4 is the most important part. Thanks for your help. Best wishes, J. NB: XXXXXX denotes the account on the exchange server. In the code below it is the name of the profile generated by PRF, as well. ________________ ;Automatically generated PRF file from...

Apply view to all newsgroups
Some news servers I have contain many groups that I read daily. You have to select each newsgroup and modify the view. Is there some way to apply the view filter to all the groups? Thanks Please disregard. Posted in wrong newsgroup. "RHinNC" <rhinnc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9FFDEF63-11EF-4DE3-A1D0-B9D3C6F3D594@microsoft.com... > Some news servers I have contain many groups that I read daily. You have > to select each newsgroup and modify the view. > > Is there some way to apply the view filter to all the groups? > > Thanks ...

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

View names
Is it possible to give the same name to two different views when the views are for different entities? For instance, name a view for Leads "Has email" and name a view for Accounts "Has email." I seem to be running into a bug when doing this. I receive the following error: User would see... "Duplicate Record The specified domain logon name already exists. You must specify a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already." However, I'm not changing a domain logon name. I am changing the name of a view. Any ideas? I'v...

View pareto chart by sorting the max number on the bottom
Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? The order is determined by the Row Source of the chart. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "sq75222" wrote: > Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show > in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? > > ...

Setting up Conference Rooms as Resources in Exchange 2003
Hello, I've spent a considerable amount of time fishing around for a document I had once found describing a Microsoft add-on to Exchange 2003 that would allow us to set up conference rooms, projectors, etc., as resources to invite or schedule in Outlook. Does anyone know where this went to? So far I can't seem to find it. Many thanks! Auto-accept Agent Admin & Deployment Guide http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/autoaccpt.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "AJWS" <AJWS@discussions.microsoft.com>...

adding hours and minutes ignoring seconds
I have a column of cells which displays the results of a formula i hours and minutes (no seconds). For instance A1 shows 3:04 and A2 show 0:18. When I sum these two cells I get 3.23 instead of 3:22. Excel seem to be counting the seconds too, which results in the additional minut being added. How can I make excel add only the hours and minutes without th seconds? Thanks - cmiller@keithandschnars.co -- cb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cbm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2824 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Suppressing Views
Is there any way we can suppress the default views from appearing in the list? Yes. All you have to do is make the views private (ie you need to basically set up sharing on the view and assign it to an owner). This means that only one person will see the views while everyone else will not. Typically I just have the system admin own the views and not share unnecessary views with the other users. Then only I see them and none of the other users see those views. If you haven't done this before, just go to the view you want to hide from view and open it up. Then from the Actions men...

Correction
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew Have you tried copying the contents to a new workbook, and saving i...

Adding a new record
I have a query based on a table with 3 fields ("Employee" Text, "IN" (Yes/No), OUT (Yes/No). I want Access just adding a new record, only if the field "OUT" of the last record is "YES". Is it possible? I doubt this is possible in a table. I would use a form that had a combo box to select the employee. The Row Source of the combo box would filter out the inappropriate records. BTW: why not use a single field and store either "IN" or "OUT"? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Luis Marques" wrote: > I have a qu...

error opening address book when adding an appointment
I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter that runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the calendar. I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the Windows Adress Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." Excel and Word are working fine. I don't use Outlook for e-mail. And am not trying to link the apointment with anyone else. You are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only Mode. It is not compatible with Vista. You'll need to run one of the functional versions of Outlook. -- Russ Valentine ...

Adding format to "save as" sub-menu in Office 2007?
I save all my files as either .xlsx or .csv. Usually I need to save the same file as both - once to preserve features such as charts and once in .csv for import into another application. Is there a way to add a format to the "save as" window? That is, I would like to be able to click the office button, click "save as", and have .csv appear in the list of formats alongside "Excel workbook", "Excel macro-enabled workbook", etc. Granted, I can choose Save As>Other formats and scroll down to .csv in the save dialog, but I do this often enough that it wo...

Adding colors in a colum
I need to add cells that have specific colors. the colors i use are yellow, red, green, grey and white. For ex. i might need to add all the green cells from B6 to B135. Due to the fact that there might be some yellow or grey etc. I only want the specific color to be added. Each time I up date a cell on another tab it will formulate to the first tab and decide what color it will be. So colors could change but i need the formula to add certian colors without me having to change the formula. Hi Kyle, Sim Chip Pearson Counting and summing color functions at: http://www.cpear...

Can't get to resource description info
We recently moved to a Citrix environment and seemed to have lost acces to the Resource Description utility. I can launch it and see the choices for tables, fields, and windows, but when I pick one the trouble begins. If I pick tables, I get an error message saying: An open operation on table olfd_files failed because the path does not exist When I click ok, I get another dialogue message: Scrolling window link table not on form Next I get what looks like a VB error: Unhandled form exception: Form load failed EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MEMORY SCRIPT_CMD_OPENFR If I try to get to field d...

two exchange servers, one calendar view?
Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons that can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I told her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip through the carcks and create larger headaches down the road. On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:11:05 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Convert the status to a number you can display eg 0 = overwith, 1 = ...

Forcing a document to open in the correct version
I have both excel 2003 and excell 2007 installed on my Vista machine. I do most of my work in 2007 (and it was installed first) I have some work I have done in 2003 that does not work properly in 2007 (Excel froms and moving data back and forth from Access to Excel) Is there any way I can force these files to always open in 2003 with out making 2003 my default Excel? I know I can open the 2003 application first then drag my file into it but thats a pain. I want to double cliclk on my file and have it open in the correct version. Is there a way? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks ...

Adding up ranges of numbers...
Help! :confused: I have a spreadsheet of numbers... sales figures for a number o stores.. with each row being a store, and each column being the sale for one day. So for each month, I end up with 31 columns of numbers i 10 rows (10 stores) 2 times a week, on tuesdays and fridays, I need to add up the month t date sales. This means from the 1st of the month to the first tuesday first friday, second tuesday, second friday.. etc etc... The tota number of days in this formula varies each month since the month start of a different day each month, and makes updating the spreadsheets pain since ...

Adding pages to Web site after converting from newsletter
In Publisher 2002, it was possible to add a specific type of page to your Web site after converting from a publication, but I can't figure out how to do this in Publisher 2003. I can add duplicate or blank pages, but I don't see how I can add a Related Links page. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb um... Insert Menu, Page, select Related Links from page type menu, click OK. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "barb" <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C0AA764-1C39-4A79-A69E-CB63B65F0F3B@microsoft.com... > In...

history view in case
Is there any way to change the columns in the hostory view in a case? i can do it for activities in a case but not for history??? Any ideas? Hi Ian, You need to edit "Closed Activity Associated View" in Activity entity to get your desired results. This will effect History view of all the entities. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Ian Watson" wrote: > Is there any way to change the columns in the hostory view in a case? i can > do it for act...

Word 2003 view doesn't show space at document top and bottom
I have Word 2003 and Windows 7. All at once, when I open a new document (Ctrl+n) or sometimes an old existing one, the view, which is in Print Layout, gets rid of the space at the top and the bottom of the page. I have to "work around" and click View<Header and Footer<Close. Then it is ok as long as I have the document open. But when I save and close the document and open it again, the same thing happens - the space is gone from the top and bottom. I don't know the correct terminology to describe this, but I hope you can understand. How does this happen,...

Cannot view downloaded Transactions
I have used Money successfully for years but just recently have had problems viewing downloaded transactions. Any ideas??? I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. That did not solve the problem apparently because the problem lies in the details of my file. I did run into a file that would not download due "to an error with your program" (Money). I had downloaded from this site many times before. It seems that this current problem has started since that day. I get the notice that my download was successful and it tells me how many items to review. I JUST CAN&#...

Adding/subtracting time and displaying hours, minutes, seconds
I'm subtracting sunset-sunrise to get total daylight time. I'm then dividing that by 12 The formula I'm using is: =TIME(0,((H71-E71)*24*60)/12,0). Given the following: Sunrise: 5:09 AM Sunset: 6:39 PM the formula produces: 1:07:00. I want it to display the seconds. It should look like: 1:07:30. Well, according to my long-hand calculations I then use that in a subsequent table that looks like: 5:09 AM 6:17 AM 6:17 AM 7:25 AM 7:25 AM 8:33 AM 8:33 AM 9:41 AM 9:41 AM 10:49 AM 10:49 AM11:57 AM 11:57 AM1:05 PM 1:05 PM 2:13 PM 2:13 PM 3:21 PM 3:21 PM 4:29 PM 4:29 PM 5:37 PM 5:...

Fix my worksheet view
My current worksheet only uses Rows 1-35 and columns A-H. I want to be able to grey out or make all other rows or columns disappear so that you don't see them and when you scan down, you are not suddenly on row 345. I know I've seen this on other spreadsheets but I'm not sure even where to look in excel. Thanks!! Have a look in the vba help index for SCROLLAREA or just hide the unnecessary rows/columns. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA31C618-6D62-...

AD Certificate Services CRL Visible to Internet
This problem was brought to my attention while attempting to implement SSTP VPN connections to a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server (it is also the root CA and only CA in the forest). Users who attempt to connect receive the following error: “Error 0x80092013: The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline.” In response the error, I read Microsoft Article Article ID: 961880,and followed the steps outlined in the article. I also scanned ADCS for best practices, and it returns the following warning: “The certificate revocation list ...