Gannt Chart Wizard replaces Deliverable Start/finish to milestone

I am using a Master schedule as a Program roll up schedule for many projects.
 I am using Deliverables in the project schedules to be shown in the master
program schedule.  When I first enter the deliverable the tasks in the
program schedule shows the length (start and finish dates).  After I run the
Gannt Chart Wizard on the program, the Gannt now shows just the deliverable
as a milestone.  I do not want these deliverables to be changed into
milestone, I want the program schedule to show the duration of the
deliverable.  I used the Gannt Chart Wizard because I wanted to add the
deliverable task name to the Gannt chart.

Hi,

So the conclusion is what I teach in my courses... avoid the Gantt Chart
Wizard, it has weaknesses in its design; use bar Styles instead.

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"TomDeegan" <TomDeegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a Master schedule as a Program roll up schedule for many
>projects.
> I am using Deliverables in the project schedules to be shown in the master
> program schedule.  When I first enter the deliverable the tasks in the
> program schedule shows the length (start and finish dates).  After I run
> the
> Gannt Chart Wizard on the program, the Gannt now shows just the
> deliverable
> as a milestone.  I do not want these deliverables to be changed into
> milestone, I want the program schedule to show the duration of the
> deliverable.  I used the Gannt Chart Wizard because I wanted to add the
> deliverable task name to the Gannt chart.

0
Jan

Chart Types
Is there other specialized software which would be an add-in to Excel and give me a larger variety of chart types? SigmaPlot (http://www.spssscience.com/SigmaPlot/) Amigo (http://www.threedgraphics.com/products.html), Delta Graph (http://www.spss.com/deltagraph/), and Harvard Graphics (http://www.harvardgraphics.com/) Please do not consider this as an endorsement of any particular program. Also, with a little ingenuity, one can simulate a large range of effects. See various websites for examples: mine, Jon Peltier's (www.geocities.com/jonpeltier), Stephen Bullen's (www.bmsltd....

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

Partial search and replace?
Problem: Loads of descriptions came in trimmed at 64 chars. At the end of most items, there is the line "This includes free delivery". But most times, it's been chopped. So it might be This includes free delivery This includes fre Thi etc. So I don't know the left or right chars to trim to neaten this up. So I thought wildcard or regex find and replace would do, but it doesn't seem to want to work like that with me! I've tried searching for phrases like "partial find and replace" on this forum, but to no avail. I've got 4500 lines to do, so I'd r...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

Chart Help -How ?
Hi, I'm a newbie with Excel & I am struggling to make this work. It's work related. I'm simply trying to show sales figures in a Pie-chart based upon the following information: Alex Frankie w/c 13/3/06 Calls made 45 70 No. not interested 10 10 No. interested 1 8 No. of call backs 34 52 Appointments made 0 1 But I can't work out how I'm going to show the legends but also including the 2 staff members. I'm sure somebody out there will have a better resolution. Thanks -- conks ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

XML samples for replace a child element
Hi, Does anybody know where I can find samples to search an element in a subtree of an xml file and replace some new value for this element? I can only find some samples to use 'replace last child or replade first child' but couldn't find sample for replace a child neither first nor last child. Thanks for any help, CT See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlNodeClassReplaceChildTopic.asp Rather than specifying root.FirstChild or root.LastChild, you only need to select a particular node. Supposing you have the root node of the dom document (r...

start and end date of given date
Hi All, What's the easiest way to get the start and end date for a given date. The Mon thru Sun dates. Thanks, rodchar You can use known Monday and Sunday dates and calculate based on current date (or any parameter date): -- '20010101' is known Monday -- '20010107' is known Sunday SELECT DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010101') AS monday_for_date, DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010107') AS sunday_for_date; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQ...

3rd party service can't start
I installed a 3rd party program on w2k8 r2 DC using "run as administrator". The installation seems to be fine. But I can't start the service. I think it's a security restriction. But don't see any event in the log. Is there way way to track why the service can't be started? Thanks. You might try; sc query "myservice" to see what win32 exit code is generated. -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect &...

How to start cluster from command line?
We are running Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 cluster. I had to take ALL of the cluster resources offline install a Microsoft fix. Now the cluster won't show up in Cluster Administrator so I can't bring the cluster back online. Anyone know the command line commands to do this, or how I open a connection to the cluster in Cluster Administrator? TIA, Lamar The virtual node name is "stms". Whe I try to connect to that cluster it says that the cluster service is not running on that node. Lamar "Lamar Thomas" <none@none.com> wrote in me...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

need more infomation on scatter charts?
i tried to create scatter chart, but was not able to do becaues of lack of options and assistance. could any one please help me Hi, To create a scatter chart you need a minimum of a set of Y values. Select the row or column of cells and using the chart wizard create a xy-scatter. With only 1 set of values the chart will default to an incremental set of x values ranging from 1 to the number of cells in the Y range. If you have a set of x values as well then select both sets of data. If you have your data in 2 columns the best layout for the chart wizard is Xvalue1 Yvalue1 Xvalue2 Yvalue2...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Valid patch installer, cannot start or remove outlook
Outlook 2003 Windows xp Home When I try to run Outlook it tells me there is a problem and i need to restart or reinstall. When I try to remove OUtlook via the Control panel i get an error that i need to contact my vendor to see if this is a valid windows installer package. If I try to run setup from the cd I get the same error. I ran OFFCLN.exe on the cd to try and remove outlook. I get the same error. The same thing is also happening to my installation of Frontpage 2003. What else can i do? Or should I just brew a pot of coffe and reformat the HDD? I appreciate any help ...

can anyone help me finish this
This Works just fine as written it will copy to the current sheet just fine only I need it to Find the Last Sheet IN Workbook ("Master1") and copy to Range("J1:J140") of that sheet every time i run this This Macro The Sheet Name will Be different Thats why I need to have this routine find the Name. Im running windows xp sp2 with excel 2003 I will certanly be grateful to anyone that will bail me out as im firmly stuck Thanks Boyd Public Sub FindTheYeLLeR() Dim r As Range Dim i As Variant i = i i = i + 1 For Each i In Range("E244:E1000") If i...

Stacked Chart #2
Would like to have the charts largest data point on the top of the stacked chart instead of defaulting to the bottom. Other than going into data series and moving individually up or down, is there a faster way? -- Lindaslucy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lindaslucy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564474 ...

How do I create a Line Chart (Special)
Hi there, I know how to create a line chart, what i want basically to do is create a stack chart without showing the border or colour, all i want is to show the line only ay the top of the stack. hope this makes sense. regards Harry Stacked charts in general, and stacked line charts specifically, are not very effective at showing information, but if you look at the other line chart subtypes, the two in the center column of the Chart Type dialog (when Line is selected in the list) are "stacked line" types, which only show the line for the cumulative total at each catego...

highlight areas of chart?
Hi I have a time series line chart (dates on x labels, returns on Y) can I highligh the chart in a particular date range? THANKS!! Stan Stan, Yes you can. Assume that you start with your data set up like below. The “Background” data will eventually make up the background colors. Data Background 1/1/2005 6 10 1/2/2005 8 10 1/3/2005 9 10 1/4/2005 7 1/5/2005 5 1/6/2005 6 10 1/7/2005 7 10 1/8/2005 5 10 1/9/2005 4 1/10/2005 3 Create a simple line chart. Click on the second series (the 10’s), right click you mouse, go to Chart Type -> Clustered Column. You should now have o...

how to switch the primary and secondary Y axis to opposite chart s
Using Excel 2007, evertyime I refresh pivot table data, my charts lose almost all of the formatting (ex. axis will disappear and chart type will revert from lines to columns). Most annoying problem I have when this happens is the primary Y axis moves from the left side to the right side of the chart, and when I re-introduce the secondary Y axis, it will appear on the left. How can I easily move the primary Y axis back to the left side of the chart or switch the two axes? I've tried choosing Layout - Axes to hide and re-display the axes but this did not work. Format the primary cate...

Link Chart with data cell (cl
This was your questio Hi I want to link all the points in my xychart with the rows of the data that are in the chart. i.e. after a mouseclick on the chart data the user will be redirected to the data row The idea is to create a link to a text cell, situated in the same row as the data, which explains the details to each point Thanks in advance for your help Mattia ...

Size of plot area expands when Chart Title is deleted
Hi, I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting that would control that behavior. -- TIA Chuck M. If you have not manually adjusted the plot area size, Excel considers it the default size. This default size changes based on whether there are axis titles, a chart title, and a legend. Adding or removing any of these features causes the Excel to change the plot area, To prevent this behavior, change the ...

MSExchangeSA doesn't start
I've installed a new Exchange server 2K3 Enterprise, on a new Windows 2003 server Standard. Followed all the steps in the deployment tools, no errors in the logs. I have not been able to get the System attendant to start. This is the first Ex2K3 server in an Exchnage 5.5 site, with plans to migrate boxes to the Ex2K3 server. The errors are as follows - Source: MSExchangeSA Category: General Event ID: 2059 Description : The DsProxy dll is required but cannot be loaded, error 'c00700cb' This is often a networking problem. I would start troubleshooting this by running a netdi...