FTE's in Portfolio Server vs Project Server

Is there a way that I can change the calendar for the calculation of FTE's in
Portfolio Server? It appears to calculate FTE's based on an 8 hour day,
resulting in my Project Server imported Resource Utilisation showing as 0.92
or something per FTE.

FYI, the export from PPS to PS Resource Plan the value is correct 1 FTE = 1
FTE, it's just when I Update Availability do I see these different values.

Any help would be great thanks,

Martin Laukkanen

Remove Sync Issues / Server Failures message
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? ...

Encumbrance Management vs PO Commitments & FRx Reporting of Both
Hi, Is there a resource that explains the differences between these two modules functionality? Also, I was surprised to see the encumbered amounts showing up in FRx with system budget IDs. Does this work the same with both modules? And, is there any way within FRx to drill down/report on the encumbered POs? I assume not, as the info is made available through a budget (which normally doesn't have detail associated with it). Thanks ...

Online portfolio and Money 2006 Standard
I have been tracking my investments for some time using the online portfolio manager. I recently acquired the standard version of Money 2006. How can I have the portfolio from online appearing in the recently installed copy of Money 2006? Peter ...

Discussion lists with Echange Server 2003
Does anyone know if you can setup a discussion list with Exchange server 2k3? I have looked and and looked for the answer but I don't ever get exactly what I am looking for. Thanks. Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821904 Danny pbisucks@hotmail.com "Richard Phippen" wrote: > Does anyone know if you can setup a discussion list with Exchange server 2k3? > I have looked and and looked for the answer but I don't ever get exactly what > I am looking for. > Thanks. ...

Vacation/Sick Time and Project Accounting
Is there a way we can automatically update the accrued vacation/sick time in Payroll by entering a non-billable project number in Project Accounting and set the pay code to VACN or SICK in the timesheet entry form? ...

Exchange Server 5.5 IS Maintenance Question
Hi there, We have discovered that we need to allow the Information Store for Exchange Server 5.5 run and complete it's maintenance procedure. However, the problem is no matter how much time we give it, it still bogs down the server to the point of rendering it useless. For instance, we let it run from Friday at 7 pm to Sunday 5 pm and initiated our backup at 6 pm. When we came in Monday morning it was a total mess and the server had to be rebooted (something that cannot be afforded). My question is, there a way of segmenting the IS maintenance procedure or any other recommendations to...

Relocating storage to a Stdby server or IP replication for DR
Hi. I really hope I can find someone who can help me or give me a clue on how to perform this I'm trying to setup an environment to test Exchange replication using 3rd party. The scope of the test is to provide a stdby Exchange server offsite without relying on backup/restore. I've setup the following environment in VMware W2003B (AD + DNS) W2003C (E2K3+SP1. IS and logs have been relocated and stored on E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA) Source W2003D (Nothing installed. Hasn't joined the domain). This is a clone of W2003C before Exchange was installed and before it joined the domain but a...

Sending data to SQL Server
Hi, I am building a solution to allow a user to upload shape data to SQL Server and I have a couple of questions. 1) Is it possible to include more attributes than just the shape data, but also details of the process model file such as it's title, version, etc? I could do with having the file name in every column of shape data for example. 2) It's quite a few clicks to export the data to an SQL database (about 5 or 6). Is there a way to have this feature available say next to the floppy disc save icon? Steve Since you're building a solution, then you understand t...

Deploying GP On MSCRM 3.0 Server
If the server was powerful enough, would anyone see any reason why we couldn't deploy the GP application server on the same server that the Microsoft CRM 3.0 application server is running? Anyone have any experience with this? I'm looking for some good reasons with facts on why we woudln't install them on the same server. Thanks in advance, -Zac Zac Anderson wrote: > If the server was powerful enough, would anyone see any reason why we > couldn't deploy the GP application server on the same server that the > Microsoft CRM 3.0 application server is running? A...

Integrating GP with Microsoft Project Server
Hello, we have a prospect who is really interested in integrating GP 10 with their Microsoft Project Server 2007. They want to manage the projects in Project Server, and get project P&L information reporting out of GP, but only do time entry one time. We're looking at Business Portal Project Time Entry for the entry point, but can't find any information or experience in integrating the entries into Project Server. Does anyone have any ideas? -- BrianB I have no experience with these but searched the internet by using the keywords "GP Project interface". Here ...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Will my sent e-mails be kept in the web server e-mail?
Hello, I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in Windows Live and the website version of each of the e-mail accounts I will add. I would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely yours, Orabidreamer Note that they type of account POP, IMAP, or HTTP will make a difference. Check the box on each account setup that says, "Leave a copy on the server" (Advanced tab). If you have accounts that do not show that t...

VC6 project fails in VS2006
I have a number of old projects last compiled in VC++6. Most of them compile in VS2002 C++, but some of them won't compile. Most of the errors are minor compiler changes - declaring variables inside for() brackets etc. Not a problem, but there are 3 problems which I am struggling with: 6 of my environments have a number of dialogs and the afx_msg OnApply has been coded with a bool return type. In the OnOK() I do: if (OnApply()) CDialog::OnOK(); I get the error: d:\Tassc\Product\Code\team\dlgTeam.cpp(66): error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'bool (__this...

Make vs. "Either"
Hello: I see one problem in GP Manufacturing 9.0 and 10.0 with having finished goods items set to "Make" instead of "Either". The problem is that the Standard Cost Changes window can only be used for items set with a "Buy" or "Either" status, according to the 9.0 training manual. (This issue, of course, does not apply to those that have the perpetual inventory valuation method.) Regardless, doesn't MRP have issues with items set up as "Either" instead of "Make"? childofthe1980s First, I have never had any problem using...

ASP.NET Server controls application root operator resolves to server root
Hi there I am a web developer, and I have web hosting with GoDaddy that allows the multiple websites/domains I develop to be hosted with them. I can also use it for subdomains of my own domain name to preview work to clients before it is live. An annoying issue I'm experiencing regarding subdomains of my domain name is that I've setup virtual directory / application roots in subfolders of my web server in my hosting account, and I point the subdomain to the IP of the server, and whilst this works, any use of the application root operator / tilde (~) resolves to a URL inclu...

Office Pro vs. Home Student Edition
Have a friend who is thinking of switching to Mac and is confused about the difference between these two versions. He is a freelance writer if that helps any. Thanks -- I get off on '57 Chevys I get off on screamin' guitars --Eric Clapton In general, if the user expects to profit financially from the use of the product the Home & Student Edition is out of the question [at least from a legal standpoint based on the End User License Agreement]. Further factoring into the decision even for personal users is what each of the 2 editions offer in the respe...

SQL Server cluster failover slow problem
Hi all, i found that the sql server cluster failover from node A to node B slow i saw the cluster log show below error, and we haven't set the Reverse Lookup Zone for 33.25.172 , it is resason for the failover slow and cause below error 000009f4.00000c34::2010/07/16-09:42:06.750 WARN Network Name <Cluster Name>: Unable to read ResourceData parameter, error=2 000009f4.00000c34::2010/07/16-09:42:06.750 WARN Network Name <Cluster Name>: Unable to read CreatingDC parameter, error=2 000009f4.00000c34::2010/07/16-09:43:05.906 WARN Network Name <Cluster Name&...

Remove Exchange 2003 ADC server from Admin Group
DC's: win2k3 exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2 1 FE /3 BE -Tried to remove my First exchange server using microsoft's KB822931. -Problem is server still has the ADC server role mapped to it. -Turned it off to test if it's ok but my BE servers servers have started queuing some emails that htey are trying to send to this server. -Emails are from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu Subject: Hierarchy the other one is the same but subject: Status. -Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server) in light that i dont have any exch 5.5 servers? -can i just uninstall exhc...

'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing registration" Project Name
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, all I wrote a COM project with VS2003, when I compile this project = ,finally I get the error like 'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error = code from "Performing registration" Project Name. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -ja ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

IMF on NLB front end servers?
We run Exchange with a clustered back-end and a pair of front end servers using NLB. Will this scenario work: - configure the FE servers as SMTP bridgehead servers (set them both and apply costs) - install Exchange Intelligent Message Filter on both FE servers. We cannot install on back-end since IMF does not work with clustered servers. Thanks. -GT Hi GT, That scenario should work just fine for you. Hope this helps. -- Scott Schnoll Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This ...

saving Word document to os x server
I have noticed some strange behaviour while save Word 2004 documents to our os x (10.2.8) server. When I open the Word 2004 document and make a change, then save it, it takes forever to save the document (by forever I mean 2-3 times longer than with Word vX). I keep the document open, make another change, then save again, and it takes not so long to save the document (somewhat faster than Word vX). Again making a change, then saving, and faster saving continues until I save and close. If I then re-open the document and save it, it again takes forever to save. In short: after opening ...

ByVal vs ByRef when generating tree
I have a tree data structure in xml. I currently use ByVal and recursion to draw the tree. My understanding is that each time I pass the child node to the recursive function, it creates a copy of the node containing items at the point and all subitems. I'm wondering it it would make a lot of difference in memory usage if I pass the child node by ref. teddybear schrieb: > I have a tree data structure in xml. I currently use ByVal and > recursion to draw the tree. My understanding is that each time I pass > the child node to the recursive function, it creates a copy of the...

Nasty skew between Exchange cache and server #2
Hi! Because of some problems we were having with our Exchange server, my cache (Cached Exchange Mode) and the server are now seriously skewed. For example, on the server one of my folders has 106 messages but in the cache there are 116. On the server, my inbox has 19 messages, 5 of which are unread. In the cases, there are no messages in my Inbox. Unfortunately, the cache is RIGHT and the server is WRONG. So, deleting my .OST cache file and re-synching won't do me any good since in the end I'll lose valid messages. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks! --- tom tom@ytram.com ...

Install Exchange 2000 Managment Tools on a Windows 2003 Server
Hi, I'm trying to do the folowwing. I have the following configuration. One Windows 2000 Cluster with Exchange 2000 SP3. I want to install the exchange managment tools on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. The installation of the managment tools and SP3 works fine but when i install the latest security roll-up i get an error saying "setup has deteced that the build version of the system installed does not match the update you are applying to it. You can install this update on exchange 2000 build 4417 only. Has anybody seen this problem? With kind regards. Thomas CookiesMonster@gmail.com Y...

get sql server schema to xml?
Hello, How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to convert the entire schema into an xml file. thanks in advance. You can use a DataReader's GetSchemaTable method "suzy" <suzy@spam.com> wrote in message news:ckNyb.372$nL5.173@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello, > > How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to > convert the entire schema into an xml file. > > thanks in advance. > > Oops, sorry for not posting the link... you can do it with the Connection Object as well... here's a ...