Email alerts for 100% complete Task

We are on Project Server 2007, is there a way to stop email alerts for tasks
that are 100% complete without altering the settings so that it turns off all
email alerts?  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Tuckey --

Bad news, my friend.  It's pretty much an all or nothing situation.  I would
recommend that your team members deselect the option to receive e-mails
about changes in their task schedule, which will eliminate all e-mails in
this regard.  I also recommend that they leave selected the option to
receive e-mails about new tasks.  At least they will continue to get those
important e-mails.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are on Project Server 2007, is there a way to stop email alerts for
> tasks
> that are 100% complete without altering the settings so that it turns off
> all
> email alerts?  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0
Dale
6/1/2010 4:23:09 PM
Is this something that is fixed in 2010?

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> Tuckey --
>
> Bad news, my friend.  It's pretty much an all or nothing situation.  I would
> recommend that your team members deselect the option to receive e-mails
> about changes in their task schedule, which will eliminate all e-mails in
> this regard.  I also recommend that they leave selected the option to
> receive e-mails about new tasks.  At least they will continue to get those
> important e-mails.  Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are on Project Server 2007, is there a way to stop email alerts for
> > tasks
> > that are 100% complete without altering the settings so that it turns off
> > all
> > email alerts?  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Tuckey --

I cannot answer that for sure as I have not been able to test this yet.
Even if this issue is resolved in 2010, is that a good enough reason to
upgrade to the 2010 version?  :)

--

> Is this something that is fixed in 2010?
>
> "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Tuckey --
>>
>> Bad news, my friend.  It's pretty much an all or nothing situation.  I
>> would
>> recommend that your team members deselect the option to receive e-mails
>> about changes in their task schedule, which will eliminate all e-mails in
>> this regard.  I also recommend that they leave selected the option to
>> receive e-mails about new tasks.  At least they will continue to get
>> those
>> important e-mails.  Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We are on Project Server 2007, is there a way to stop email alerts for
>> > tasks
>> > that are 100% complete without altering the settings so that it turns
>> > off
>> > all
>> > email alerts?  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0
Dale
6/1/2010 5:39:43 PM
We are already in the proccess of researching an upgrade to 2010.  Some of
the new changes look great but what we are really hoping is that it doesn't
have the bugs that we have come accross in 2007.

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> Tuckey --
>
> I cannot answer that for sure as I have not been able to test this yet.
> Even if this issue is resolved in 2010, is that a good enough reason to
> upgrade to the 2010 version?  :)
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is this something that is fixed in 2010?
> >
> > "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Tuckey --
> >>
> >> Bad news, my friend.  It's pretty much an all or nothing situation.  I
> >> would
> >> recommend that your team members deselect the option to receive e-mails
> >> about changes in their task schedule, which will eliminate all e-mails in
> >> this regard.  I also recommend that they leave selected the option to
> >> receive e-mails about new tasks.  At least they will continue to get
> >> those
> >> important e-mails.  Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> >> VP of Educational Services
> >> msProjectExperts
> >> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> >> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> >> "We write the books on Project Server"
> >>

> >> "Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tuckey:

All of the bug fixes made for 2007 are already incorporated into 2010.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

> We are already in the proccess of researching an upgrade to 2010.  Some of
> the new changes look great but what we are really hoping is that it
> doesn't
> have the bugs that we have come accross in 2007.
>
> "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Tuckey --
>>
>> I cannot answer that for sure as I have not been able to test this yet.
>> Even if this issue is resolved in 2010, is that a good enough reason to
>> upgrade to the 2010 version?  :)
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "Tuckey" <Tuckey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is this something that is fixed in 2010?

0
Gary

Money 2006 Completely Hosed
I've been using this version of MOney with no problems for months. About a week ago, all of a sudden it decided not to recognize that I was logged in to Passport, no matter what I did (tried every single remedy listed in the two KB articles, to no avail) I do have a backup .mny file (not a Money Backup, but just a copy of the file I normally save to a USB thumb drive every time I quit out) from the last time it actually worked. Everything in that file is correct. I had to reinstall IE, and then uninstall Money 2006 and reinstall it in order to get past the Passport thing. Now...

Emails undelivered
I have a Exchange 2003 and 5.5 servers at mt site presently. Some of our clients email arre being returned to them without any specific reason for the rejection. Could the 5.5 server(which is still handling the internet email) be causing this? Send a copy of the NDR for review. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Frank Toner" <ftoner@dewittstern.com> wrote in message news:1...

Domain Email Hijacked?
Hello All: I have an issue that is bugging the living daylights out of me. I started using 1and1 MS Hosting services for my domain. In the past three weeks I have been getting email that appears to be from my domain. I know for a fact that they are not because none of the email addresses really exist. To add fuel to the fire, these emails contain an attached virus in the form of a ..zip file. Typically the emails look to be from these addresses: service@mydomain.com admin@mydomain.com administrator@mydomain.com webmaster@mydomain.com support@mydomain.com info@mydomain.com mail@mydomain....

send to -> email file as pdf attachment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In office 2007, there is a send to -&gt; email file as PDF attachment when working on e.g. a spreadsheet, word document etc. In Word for Mac 2008 the only option that exists is a send to -&gt; email as attachment. Are there any add ons or 3rd party products that will embed into the office engine to replicate this functionality? thanks Hi Maglite, There are a couple options: #1, 2008 only: The Standard version has this as a Sample Automator Workflow under the Script menu in Word--send PDF in Entourage. For H...

HTML Emails
I am using Windows Live Mail. I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and this mail program is new to me. I send out HTML emails to a group of people. I used to be able to switch over to “Source Edit” in the Windows Vista mail program and just past my HTML source code into the email and it would work. Now I can not figure out how to copy and paste my HTML for it to work. Can anyone help? Erik You can use a signature or stationery file to add HTML code. Signatures only insert body code. Stationery inserts style and body code. Create a 'insert.htm' file. ...

Mysterious missing emails
This is strange: I have a user who complains that he doesn’t get all of his emails. At first, I tracked his the "missing" emails using message tracking and I saw that they where delivered to his message store. So I figured he had something configure that was deleting the messages or filtering them. He insists he has no rules that delete the messages. He is a remote user so I cant confirm his outlook config. To verify whether or not the message was hitting the store, I created a new message store to "journal" his email to a public filter, and saw every email he says...

Email from Yahoo
Is there a way to receive my email from my Yahoo account into my Outlook 2002? Any help is greatly appreciated Yes, you should be able to got to email account and add a pop-account. How: Within Outlook go to Tools and Email Accounts Click on Add New Email Account Choose POP You will need to know the specifics of the accounts. SMTP and POP address plus user name and password. Some notes: Suggest keeping the email on the server this will allow you to view it either in Outlook or Yahoo if you need to. Remember to that this will pull your email into the same location as your OUtlook...

How can I make my document into less mb for email
I have created a document that is 143 pages. It will not send in email. I need it to be a smaller megabite version to send. How can I do that? Create a PDF. Can't guarantee it will be really small, but it should be smaller than a Publisher file. There are free PDF conversion applications around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned here. If you have Publisher 2007 there is an Office PDF add-in. 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP htt...

Delete overnight emails
Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange to delete all emails whenever it passed midnight? I've tried to setup Policy, but it can only delete 1 day old email. NAT hi no sure if possible but you can schedule the smtp service to run from whatever hour to whatever hour. no smtp, no email probably simpler schedule a net stop smtpsvc and a net start smtpsvc that should work Pedro ------------------- "iamnats" <iamnats@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:A7EA83EB-02A2-4BE6-A92A-01ED12F1FA54@microsoft.com... > Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange t...

How to view email address for a cc address, from emails I receive
My old outlook express would show me the email addresses, but I can't figure out how to do it in Outlook. "Linda Mellin" <Linda Mellin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F06BF4BB-3A27-4326-9A2B-7B0E01903592@microsoft.com... > My old outlook express would show me the email addresses, but I can't figure > out how to do it in Outlook. Double-click on the entry in the Cc field to see the address. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Copying content of Email
Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file (the email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page that i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it takes ages before I can paste it. How can I turn this off Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the txt file. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in mes...

monitor Email traffic
Not an Exchange expert so... Can someone describe a good way to monitor realtime Email traffic from an Exchange Server (XG2000 SP3). We want to confirm that we are not the source of a mass-mailing worm/virus attack. Thanks. - use an exchange-aware antivirus product and update signatures frequently (auto-check several times a day) - Monitoring the queues for unusual amount of mail, and monitoring the related smtp server counters for messages received and delivered per second, and also those for MAPI (MSExchangeIS Mailbox messages sent/rec) should provide a good indicator of unusual m...

email address listed in vcard
I create a vcard in outlook, but in the name field, I always get my email address. How can I get my name in that field? The email address also shows up in the email field. Outlook version? You're referring to a saved vCard .vcf file, right?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "contrain" <rlaughridge@gordonrees.com> wrote in m...

Looking For Email Program
I'm looking for a free or low cost program to send emails to all of of my customers at the same time, instead of one at a time. I run a home business and am looking for a good way to keep my customers informed via email...either with reminders or a monthly newsletter. Any suggestions? Thanks! Scott I thought you got a satisfactory answer in the XP General newsgroup that you multiposted to? Multiposting vs Crossposting: http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Scott" <...

I am having difficulties with emails w/my outlook
I can't recieve any emails. Your post is a little vague. Before I or others can help can you answer a few questions, please: Do you receive any errors? Have you received mail before with Outlook on this machine? What ISP are you using? "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967F8800-F211-4542-A119-2AC2CC4B5B37@microsoft.com... >I can't recieve any emails. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:17:03 -0700, Suzanne wrote: > I can't recieve any emails. Did you configure an email account for MS Outlook? Either a POP3 server, or an IMAP se...

Organize
I've used the Organize Wizard to sort emails from specific people into specific subfolders within the Inbox. Prior to discovering the Wizard I was manually specifying where an email I had received should go in the future. I think some of these attributes still remain on 1 or more addresses as when I receive an email from a specific person a copy goes to 3 different locations! 1 to the Inbox, one to a subfolder within Inbox (this is the correct one), and one to a subfolder within Sent Items (a mistake I had made earlier on). Can anyone explain how to remove attributes from all incoming em...

auto email if cell value changed
I'm using a workbook to schedule staff. Each month is a worksheet then I have some counts that are done. The days of the month are in the top row and the names of the staff in the first column. We've set up autorefresh on web pages so the schedule is always available but... people still don't notice shift changes. I want excel to generate an email to the person (we're running exchange too) if a cell value is changed. I was thinking of a couple of steps. 1. So they only get emails about the current month and the month ahead -- Have a cell at the top with YES/NO in i...

Since I changed to Outlook 2003 I receive all emails in duplicate
I have been using Outlook Express until recently when I purchased Outlook 2003. Since then, I receive all my email messages in duplicate and sometimes in triplicate. It drives me absolutely crazy! What is going on? Can someone help me there. Thanks Waht is your setup? How many POP3 accounts do you have configured? Do you have rules configured as well? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Annemarie06" <Annemarie06@discussions.microsoft...

How do I open my own 'safe' attachments I have emailed through ou.
I have just purchased a new computer with new Outlook Express. But for some reason I can't open the word doc. attachments I have sent with my emails. An OE message comes up saying that access is denied because they are unsafe. They aren't unsafe - they are just simple word text docs. Help please! Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning attachments. "LizJ" <LizJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5741CCF9-D1A8-429F-9315-EB3043C7CB45@microsoft.com... > I have just purchas...

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003 #3
every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur Mayur Patel <patelmb@vt.edu> wrote: > every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak > outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

email failure!!
Can't send reply messages on craigslist. How do you normally send emails, via webmail? If so, who is your mail = service provider? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "Jojo" wrote in message = news:5EC1863E-59BF-4C68-85BB-0AA131965204@microsoft.com... Can't send reply messages on craigslist.=20 "Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC1863E-59BF-4C68-85BB-0AA131965204@microsoft.com... > Can't send reply messages on craigslist. ...

Outlook 2003 ..multiple instances in the task manager
Very often i find that Outlook is running with mulitple instances. and so i have actually have 3 little notificaiton envelopes in the right hand corner of my desktop, telling me i have new mail. THis is an indicator as well as my not being able to get mail for a second group of email accounts that i send/recieve from periodically. Typically when this happens, i also get an error message when i start up that says my outlook file did not close properly and needs to be checked. I have run scanpst.exe and check and repair and everything seems to be okay. I'm not sure if this is an A...

Outlook Ex. won't open my emails.
When I double click a new or an old email, that email window pops up, but doesn't show anything. When I move my mouse cursor over the message body area, it's just an arrow with an hourglass. I've left it overnight thinking it's just taking a while, but to no avail. I tried this with emails that I was able to open a few days ago, and they won't open either. I have just updated my Norton Antivirus and the problem occured sometime after that. Would my AV have anything to do with this? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. -Mute Ask in an Outlook Express forum...

adding a new user to email
okay so i have tried so many time to add my husband onto outlook email but for some reason it will not allow me to do so and it really is driving me mad! this is the steps i am taking... Does he have a separate account? Have you added this account from Control Panel->Mail Icon? What version of Outlook are you using? BTW - the steps you listed are going to elicit the same problem every time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

task input panel
My Task Input Panel is missing on the To-Do Bar. It shows my tasks...but the input area is missing. You mean the "Type a new task" line? Right click on the top column and choose Custom...-> Other Settings...-> enable: Show "new item" row. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "L White" <L White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...