Dont need to use query and indexing feature of moss in project ser - 124525

we are going to deploy sharepoint portal server 2007 in existing environment
of project

server 2007.

which is two server installation of project server 2007 . In which first is
application

server and second is database server.

Is it necessary that we start Sharepoint server search and use Query and
Indexing feature in

front end application server of project server 2007 after installation of
MOSS 2007 in front

end server ?

Because I need only sharepoint server 2007 in existing enviornment of
project server 2007

for proposal review workflow of project server 2007.

Kindly reply me soon.

You should probably post this to the SharePoint user group.  Note that the
answer should be the same for a two server MOSS solution as for a two server
MOPS solution.

Seach will only apply to the project workspace and PWA data.  The BDC will
have to be configured in order to review any project schedule data in the
databases.

What kind of proposal workflow search are you looking for?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> we are going to deploy sharepoint portal server 2007 in existing
> environment of project
>
> server 2007.
>
> which is two server installation of project server 2007 . In which
> first is application
>
> server and second is database server.
>
> Is it necessary that we start Sharepoint server search and use Query
> and Indexing feature in
>
> front end application server of project server 2007 after installation
> of MOSS 2007 in front
>
> end server ?
>
> Because I need only sharepoint server 2007 in existing enviornment of
> project server 2007
>
> for proposal review workflow of project server 2007.
>
> Kindly reply me soon.

0
Andrew
2/15/2010 5:47:23 PM
Actually I want to proposal workflow for sales dept .
when the sales dept got a project . they need to submit proposal and
proposal workflow will start to PMO dept . and if they approve then further
proceed to another dept. or if PMO cancel then return the rejection
notification to sales dept.
the proposal workflow which i need to implement using moss 2007 with project
server 2007 .
I dont want to make the new application server for indexing and quering moss
feature.
Is it very necessary to use these indexing and quering . because when we
deploy moss 2007 in the existing environment of project server 2007. and then
start office sharepoint server search then it needs select indexing and
querying feature.
and is it necessary to start office sharepoint search service.

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> You should probably post this to the SharePoint user group.  Note that the
> answer should be the same for a two server MOSS solution as for a two server
> MOPS solution.
>
> Seach will only apply to the project workspace and PWA data.  The BDC will
> have to be configured in order to review any project schedule data in the
> databases.
>
> What kind of proposal workflow search are you looking for?
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > we are going to deploy sharepoint portal server 2007 in existing
> > environment of project
> >
> > server 2007.
> >
> > which is two server installation of project server 2007 . In which
> > first is application
> >
> > server and second is database server.
> >
> > Is it necessary that we start Sharepoint server search and use Query
> > and Indexing feature in
> >
> > front end application server of project server 2007 after installation
> > of MOSS 2007 in front
> >
> > end server ?
> >
> > Because I need only sharepoint server 2007 in existing enviornment of
> > project server 2007
> >
> > for proposal review workflow of project server 2007.
> >
> > Kindly reply me soon.
> >

> .

Conditional Comment using Cell value as part of it
What I'm trying to do is the following: if cell(a1) is different from 0(zero) then, cell(b1) should have a comment that say, the value of cell(c1) is the payment, next line the value of cell(a1) was refund, next line Total for today = cell(c1)-cell(a1) Example a1 = $10.00 c1 = $30.00 B1 (comment): $30.00 is the payment (c1) $10.00 was refund (a1) Total for today: $20.00 (c1-a1) can anyone help me on that? thanks in advance ...

need form template for excel
For the purchase and sale of real estate there is a standard "Settlement Statement" following the guidelines established by the U.S. department of Housing and Urban Development. This is a standard form with proratation and allocations. Perfect for and Excel worksheet. I don't see it on your site and wonder where I might get one. Last year I custom designed a complete set of closing forms for a client using only excel where all variables were entered on one sheet and automatically transferred to about 15 forms with ONE mouse click. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Invalid month in Project Accounting error
When entering the project number in the Billing Entry screen in Project Accounting, I receive the following error: Unhandled script exception: Invalid month '0' in date function. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SETDATE This is currently only happening for one particular customer. I can't find anything in the knowledge base. Does anyone have a solution. Thanks, Eric ...

How to create report from Pivot Table View of Union Query?
Hi all, I have create a Union ALL Query. I want to generate a report from it. The Pivot Table View of this Union Query shows exactly what I want (having Row Heading, Column Heading and Detailed Data), so how can I make it as a Report? I have tried to create new report, but there is no options of making a pivot table (something like Crosstab Query and Pivot Table View of the Union Query). Also tried to export to Excel, but it shows only count of records. I want all detailed records. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Duane, I tried to create a crosstab qu...

How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?
How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with? "DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJRyKcbFIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class > library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special > project type that I need to start with? > You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project&...

Need one help
Dear Sir/Madam, I need some help that I am working in cousulting firm and we providing solution to clinet as web base and mail base. We are microsoft ceritfied partner and we using win2k3 ent. server on this server exchange2k3 and other is win2k3 with IMail. Till upto now we are proving clients mail solution on Imail base but now we are planing to charge more for mail solution and those are interested to pay then we give them exchange mail solution. Now I having one question in my mind is that in IMail I create diffrent diffrent domain for different web site according to clients. Now o...

Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!
It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to gorgonzola cheese! Again, thanX Mikie Francisco 9 @ ATT N E T ...

How can I split a project day into hours to avoid overallocation?
Hello all, I am still facing overallocation problems. I have looked at other posts (including Jan's); but, I am having trouble resolving the over allocation. For example: It seems to me that - if two tasks happen on the same day (even if they are both 2 hours long and the working day is set to 8 hours) MS Project makes them clash. How can I say - set one task to start at 9-11am and one to start at 1-3pm? Surely this will avoind the overallocation. Why doesn't MS Project seem to realsie that: if the working day is 8 hours and someone is working 100% on a 4 ...

Why does a drop ship PO need a Site ID for the line items?
What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something here. The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, The Site ID is a required field and you will be asked to enter one, even when entering a drop-ship PO. Best rega...

Query from Multiple Workbooks
Hello, I have 12 files in a directory with a sheet name Sales containing Sales data for each month having more than half a million rows in each workbook sheets The field names are all the same in all the files like date, item, itemgroup, branch, unit, salesman, amount etc I am looking for a way to get a query from all these workbook and get a summarised report based on criteria like sales by salesman, by month, by product, by product group, by date, by branch etc. Is this will be possible through code?. Itry to use MS query but not successful Using Excel 2007 and Win XP ...

How to use Find (Ctrl-F) to find non-alpha
Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? tx ;-) Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) works ok for me. What are you having trouble with? On 10/22/2010 16:31, Heather Mills wrote: > Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? > > tx ;-) -- Dave Peterson On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:54:28 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@XSPAMverizon.net> wrote: >Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) >works ok for me. > >What are you having trouble with? > >...

VC++ 2005
I am attempting to compile a project in Visual Studio 2005 which compiles and links properly in VC++ 6.0. It seems to have problems with C++ i/o functions. Here is the error I get: g:\src\analyzer\digitdialpages.h(136) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_InFile' Line 136: ifstream m_InFile; The statment: include <fstream> is at the top of the source file. Some assistance would be helpful. We didn't have any problems with using ifstream or ofstream in VC++ 6.0. Thanks. On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:22:47 -0500, "Raj Kulkarni...

Query to Redistribute a Table
Hi I am struggling with how to query a table with the current structure: Field1 Field2 ...Field14 Jan Feb Mar Apr... x y ...z 10 15 13 16... etc, It represents sales per month to customers per delivery adress, product and so forth.The numbers under each month respresents the sales for that month. I need to be able to query so I can see all detalis (ie fileds 1-14) per row per month, ie redistribute that original table so I can use month as a field and still use all the original fields. My new table needs to be something link Month Field 1 Field2 ... Field14 New ...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

Update Query ctnd:
Hello, I have tried the code from Arvin however I now get 2 paramater prompts. The 1st is for "transactions.Datefield" and the 2nd "Please enter Waiting or Pending" UPDATE transactions SET transactions.Status = "Cleared" WHERE (((transactions.datefield)<Date()-10) And ((transactions.Status)=[Please enter Waiting or Pending])); Can I run this procedure atomatically when the database opens without the prompts & user input Thanks The first prompt implies that datefield isn't the actual name of the field in your transactions table. The second prompt...

Query All records except latest
Access 2003 I need to limit my query to ALL RECORDS EXCEPT the most current record. Any ideas on how to do this -- deb Deb - It will look something like this, assuming no more than one record per date per key field. You can adjust to use date/time if that is needed. It depends on what makes your records unique. Try something like this, substituting your table and fieldnames... Select myKeyfield, field1, field2, field3, myDate FROM myTable Where myDate < (Select max(myDate) from myTable AS T2 WHERE T2.myKeyfield = myTable.myKeyfield) -- Daryl S "d...

Nested Filters in MS Project
Is there a way to do Nested Filtering in MS Project. I know and have used simultaneous filters in Primavera, like applying two or more filters in a boolean "And" or "Or" conditions. How do I do that in MS Project. I have separate filters for segregating data and would like to use a combination of different filters to get to the report I need. Please advice... -- Thank you IMS addendum/clarification to above question... I do not want to use a single Filter and get lost in the nesting filtering conditions as they will be too many, and I'm would ...

MS Query cannot be started because it isn't installed
I'm trying to get External Data from SQL Server using my Excel 2000, but it says MS Query cannot be started because it isn't installed. I've installed the MS Query Add-in severals times and it's still not working. Does MS Query work with Excel 2000? ...

Help needed in print
hi I am displaying lot of labels and progress bars in side form view. I want to print all the label and progress bar as it looks in the form view. thanks in advance with regards Harish Harish, You might be interested in Joe Newcomber's site, here: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm#Bitmap%20series where you'll find code for screen copying and bitmap printing. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> a �crit dans le message de news:OCcSb3u5DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi > > I am displaying lot of labels and progress...

how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office
how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 Buy an edition that is not for non-commercial use only. You own the Home and Student edition. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E14F850-0B65-4093-926F-B680E1C7D6B1@microsoft.com... > how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 ...

vlookup cant be used
I need a way to transfer data. I have one sheet that contains all information. All of this data needs to be transferred to a template ready for print. I have contemplated using a vlookup to quicken the method, although the data sheet will be moving too and from computers, and so the vlookup will not work. Is there any code that might possibly help me, i.e. a code that looks for the datasheet and does some sort of vlookup after it has located the file? Or should this problem be tackled using macros, although i imagine that this will have the same effect. How "ready for print"? Are...

How to count/summarize multiple Criteria
hello, I am a very basic excel user and I need help to create a formula that will count multiple criteria. For example: I have a worksheet with my data and another to summarize my data. Each row in my data sheet, "Corproate Projects List",tracks the detail of a specific project assigned to my department. Column A tracks whether each individual project is currently open, closed or ongoing. Column D tracks the department requesting the project. The rest of the sheet doesn't matter with respect to my question on how to write the formula...... In my summary sheet I want to count th...

Project without billing
We are using PA fixed price/cost to cost/Purchase-Material to monitore the budget for our own project. We do not have the sales module and we do not bill ourzelfes. When closing a project a have this problem: I have no billings, the revenue recognition is posted, I have nothing open in Series Post, the project is marked as completed, closed to project costs, closed to billing - but still I cannot close the project. In the checklist I have still the two boxes unmarked: · All transactions billed · All revenues recognized How can I close the project without billing...