Displaying a Lookup Table's Description Field in a View

Hello,

I'm a bit puzzled.  On one installation of Project Server 2007 (April 2009
CU), I have created a Resource Center view and grouped it by RBS.  This
happily displays the resources grouped by RBS in an outline view in which
each grouping level is labeled using the Description column of the lookup
table.  For example,

Corp
   IT
      Development
         Bob
         Fred
      Support
         Barney

Now, I go to a different installation (also April 2009 CU) and create the
same view (and the same lookup table) and instead of the behaviour described
above, it's a flat grouping with each group labeled by the Value column of
the lookup table.  To continue the example,

Corp.IT.Development
   Bob
   Fred
Corp.IT.Support
   Barney

I want the view to display according to the first example but can't for the
life of me figure out why the two systems differ.  It has always been my
assumption that when the Description column is filled in, the views use that
column.  In fact, it seems that on the second system, any lookup table (I
created some custom ones) rendered in a view shows the Value column and not
the Description column.

Can anyone suggest solution, please?

Thanks.

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

DISCOUNT DESCRIPTION
Hi, I would my receipt to print the description of the discount. At the moment it is printing Discount Code: 001 and i would like it to print Discount: Employee or Discount: Due to damage. Depending on the type of discount we have. I need to know the solution to this issue as well. Mark "RP" <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4D3C59E-7B3C-41BD-9C39-84912C150D17@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would my receipt to print the description of the discount. At the > moment > it is printing Discount Code: 001 and i would like it to prin...

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

vb equivalent to lookup
I'm reading a file in which I need to see if a variable in the record I'm reading is part of a known list. I had hoped to use "lookup" but this is only an worksheet function. How can I do this in VB? Hi application.worksheetfunction.lookup -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "C0ppertop" <C0ppertop@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2CADA744-9697-4A1F-B260-FCD29685F4E8@microsoft.com... > I'm reading a file in which I need to see if a variable in the record I'm > reading is part of a known list. > I had hoped to ...

sent and received fields
I've just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. In one of my folders, I have sent and received emails that I want to sort together based on the sent or received date, but all my sent emails sort together because the received field has no value. And the same for the received emails. Is there a way to combine these fields or tell Outlook to sort based on both of them? Do I need to write a VBA macro to accomplish this? Thanks, Michael ...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Custumize Chart Tittle Description
How can I make the Chart Tittle to be equal to a specific cell located in one sheet. For example, I have a description on the cell "D10" located in the sheetname "Black" . I want this description to be the Chart Tittle because is a number that will change in the daily basic. I have been using this formula "=Black!D10"; however, is not working. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Click on the title, type =, and then click on D10 on Black. Or click on the title, and type =Black!$D$10 -- Rob Powered by Creative Laziness "Maperalia" wrote: > How can I...

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

Linking a table from a Secure database
I have 2 database both with their own workgroup file(mdw) I like to link a table from one secure database to the other secure database. Is this posible with them having two different workgroup(mdw) files. On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:30:01 -0800, cpager <cpager@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I don't think so. The more common scenario is where several apps are secured using the same MDW. After all, if Joe is in the ShippingDept group, he is so for all applications. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have 2 database both with their own workgroup file(mdw) I like to li...

How can I Show data as a % of Sub Group in a Pivot Table
I want to show a column of data (% of City) as a % of a sub group total. Here's my example of how the pivot table should look: State City Carrier Sq Yards % of City (Sq Yards2) Alabama Birmingham Carrier 1 10 20% Carrier 2 20 40% Carrier 3 10 20% Carrier 4 10 20% Birmingham Total 50 100% Mobile Carrier 1 10 25% Carrier 2 10 25% Carrier 3 1...

Pivot Tables filtering data
Using Excel, I have query(using an ODBC connection) of all customer order detail over a two year time period. The detail for each customer is different in that some customer have multiple orders, and the amount of individual sales parts they order may be 1 or 100. My query gathers detail by order line item. We were able to provide management with comparative sales data. Now that we have shown this report to management, they want three things that I'm unsure how to provide. 1) Customers that are new in the current year2) customers that had orders in both years, 3)customers that ...

compare two tables for mismatch data
I have to do a comparison of two tables. Both tables have the same exact headers. The first table is the standard rates template which is linked from excel. The second table is coming from a query off our AS400 system. So basically we are needing to compare with the standard template vs what was inputted into the system. Basically auditing the work inputting, looking for typos and mismatches. What would be the easiest method to use considering we are having to check about 20 fields. ...

Vlookup And Lookup Functions
Is there any work-around to get VLOOKUP and LOOKUP functions to retur the first cell that exceeds the lookup_value as opposed to the las cell that is less than the lookup_value? Thanks for a response, Chuckles12 -- Chuckles12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27806 If the data is sorted descending, VLOOKUP will work. Otherwise, with the data sorted ascending, =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(Target,A:A)...

How do I get the table to print out the lines between the columns.
I need to make up a table with columns and rows, but I need the lines to print as well. Help Rachel Hi Rachel two options, 1) file / page setup / sheet tab - tick gridlines 2) select the area you want to put borders on, choose format / cell - borders tab and choose the style, colour & where you want them Cheers JulieD "Rachel D." <Rachel D. @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28C8CBBA-C230-48FB-8ACA-B4C51C39DC97@microsoft.com... >I need to make up a table with columns and rows, but I need the lines to > print as well. Help > > Rachel ...

Formula in Pivot Table
I have problem with Pivot Table formula. I created a pivot table - external data source. The pivot table is working fine, only problem with formula. E.g I have these fields : PostMonth Text 6 example :200511 JanQTY Numeric 15 DecQTY Numeric 15 I created a calculated fields formula in the pivot table: PMONTH =Value(RIGHT(PostMonth,2)) JQTY =1 JanQty= IF(JQty>PMONTH,0,JanQTY) --- this formula is not working. but if I put the PMONTH = 11, then can work...

Linking to exported tables and queries
Hello, I have office XP. The issue that I am having is when I export a table from Access to Excel (and I'm usually copying over an old file because it's a monthly macro). I have an Excel file that links to the exported table. If I try opening up the file with the links without opening the exported table first I get an error "Unable to read file" but if I open the file with the exported table first it's okay. How do I fix that? Thanks. Instead of using the File>Export command in Access, try using the TransferSpreadsheet, to export the table to an existi...

IM v10 after upgrade
After upgrading to v10 from v9. All existing integrations are producing the same error. This error is produced either by trying to preview the source data, or by running the integration. ADO Field is nothing. Has anyone seen this problem before? On Sep 29, 3:29=A0pm, Ron <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After upgrading to v10 from v9. All existing integrations are producing t= he > same error. This error is produced either by trying to preview the source > data, or by running the integration. > > ADO Field is nothing. > > Has anyone seen this problem b...