Deleted timesheet resists in Reporting DB

On the one hand I hope for all of you that you can’t answer my question since
you never ran into it. On the other hand I hope that anyone has an idea what
I could try:

I have the situation that a timesheet was created at some day. A few days
later this timesheet was deleted. We don’t know exactly when that was done,
but it could be during a timeframe when disk space was full.

The issue is now, that we have the old timesheet data in Reporting DB, but
no information for that timesheetUID in Published DB. When resource create a
new timesheet for that period, there is an error in the queue for Reporting
(Timesheet*). This new timesheet can be found in Published DB with its new
UID, but not in Reporting DB since reporting job fails.

There are no timesheet entries for that old timesheet UID in any
MSP_Timesheet* tables in Published DB. So it seems that deleting went through
successfully in Published DB, but was not updating Published DB.

Error in ‘Manage Queue Jobs‘:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<errinfo>
  <general>
    <class name="Queue">
      <error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed"
uid="6369dc01-c860-40b8-8d60-01eb833e5300"
JobUID="0be13321-74dc-446f-9787-584ca281c98d" ComputerName="xxxxxxx"
GroupType="ReportingTimesheetSave" MessageType="ReportTimesheetSaveMessageEx"
MessageId="1" Stage="" />
    </class>
  </general>
</errinfo>
ULS tells that there was an System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError because of an
UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UK_MSP_Timesheet'. No duplicate key can be inserted
into 'dbo.MSP_Timesheet' Object (This is a translation)

Attempts to correct:
- Delete, modify, re-create timesheet for this resource and period several
times.
- Create a new timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild of
Reporting DB by backing up and restore of Enterprise fields.
Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB. Timesheet UID and actuals
do not match between Reporting DB and Published DB.
- Delete timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild of
Reporting DB by backup and restore of Enterprise fields.
Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.
- Delete all timesheets for that period with Server Settings – Delete
Enterprise Objects – Timesheets. Force a rebuild of Reporting DB by backing
up and restore of Enterprise fields.
Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.

Has anyone an idea how can we get rid of the old timesheet information in
Reporting DB? Where does that information come from when forcing a rebuild of
Reporting DB since I can’t find this old TimesheetUID in Timesheet tables in
Published DB? We don’t want to edit reporting DB since wrong situation will
be back whenever we force another rebuild of Reporting DB in future.

Any ideas are welcome!
Thanks in advance
Barbara

Barbara:

Have you tried forcing a rebuild of the Reporting DB? I don't believe that
there's a mechanism for synching other than a total refresh. Take an
administrative backup of your custom fields, and then restore them. This
will cause the entire RDB to be refreshed.

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Barbara - Austria" <BarbaraAustria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2E23DD24-CB50-476F-B00E-7616B5562ED4@microsoft.com...
> [...]
> Reporting DB by backup and restore of Enterprise fields.
> Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.
> - Delete all timesheets for that period with Server Settings – Delete
> Enterprise Objects – Timesheets. Force a rebuild of Reporting DB by
> backing
> up and restore of Enterprise fields.
> Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.
>
> Has anyone an idea how can we get rid of the old timesheet information in
> Reporting DB? Where does that information come from when forcing a rebuild
> of
> Reporting DB since I can’t find this old TimesheetUID in Timesheet tables
> in
> Published DB? We don’t want to edit reporting DB since wrong situation
> will
> be back whenever we force another rebuild of Reporting DB in future.

0
Gary
5/5/2010 1:10:25 PM
Hi Gary,

thanks for that idea. I did that more than 3 times with different situations
(results below in my first post):
- Create a new timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild of
Reporting DB by backing up and restore of Enterprise fields.
- Delete timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild of
Reporting DB by backup and restore of Enterprise fields.
- Delete all timesheets for that period with Server Settings – Delete
Enterprise Objects – Timesheets. Force a rebuild of Reporting DB by backing
up and restore of Enterprise fields.

I am really wondering where that information comes from when forcing a
rebuild of
Reporting DB since I can’t find this old TimesheetUID in Timesheet tables in
Published DB? Really interesting.

Regards
Barbara

"Gary L. Chefetz" <gary@nospam.chefetz.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]
>> Reporting DB by backup and restore of Enterprise fields.
>> Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.
>> - Delete all timesheets for that period with Server Settings – Delete
>> Enterprise Objects – Timesheets. Force a rebuild of Reporting DB by
>> backing
>> up and restore of Enterprise fields.
>> Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.
>>
>> Has anyone an idea how can we get rid of the old timesheet information in
>> Reporting DB? Where does that information come from when forcing a
>> rebuild of
>> Reporting DB since I can’t find this old TimesheetUID in Timesheet tables
>> in
>> Published DB? We don’t want to edit reporting DB since wrong situation
>> will
>> be back whenever we force another rebuild of Reporting DB in future.

0
Barbara
5/5/2010 1:22:55 PM
Barbara:

Sorry, I should have read your previous message more closely. All of the
data comes from the Published database, but if the RDB refresh is failing it
doesn't matter what's in the Published DB. The last strategy is to clear the
RDB entirely. Take a backup of your database just in case, and then run the
stored procedure in the RDB called: MSP_RDB_DeleteAllData

After you clear out the RDB, you should be able to refresh it.

--

message news:EF6E3620-917E-4483-BFFE-0FEAE33154DB@microsoft.com...
> [...]
>>> Reporting DB by backup and restore of Enterprise fields.
>>> Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.
>>> - Delete all timesheets for that period with Server Settings – Delete
>>> Enterprise Objects – Timesheets. Force a rebuild of Reporting DB by
>>> backing
>>> up and restore of Enterprise fields.
>>> Result: Old Timesheet UID still in Reporting DB.
>>>
>>> Has anyone an idea how can we get rid of the old timesheet information
>>> in
>>> Reporting DB? Where does that information come from when forcing a
>>> rebuild of
>>> Reporting DB since I can’t find this old TimesheetUID in Timesheet
>>> tables in
>>> Published DB? We don’t want to edit reporting DB since wrong situation
>>> will
>>> be back whenever we force another rebuild of Reporting DB in future.

0
Gary
5/5/2010 1:55:08 PM
Hi Gary,

thanks for taking time. I understand that you didn't read my first message
until the very end. It was really a long one! But I have tried a lot before
asking.

The refresh job is not failing. Moreover I can see that information for the
old timesheet is deleted in the first steps, but re-created later on. This
information must sit in some table in Published DB which name doesn't
include 'timesheet'.
I will give MSP_RDB_DeleteAllData a try tomorrow or the day after. For that
client I need to be on site, no remote access possible.

> Barbara:
>
> Sorry, I should have read your previous message more closely. All of the
> data comes from the Published database, but if the RDB refresh is failing
> it doesn't matter what's in the Published DB. The last strategy is to
> clear the RDB entirely. Take a backup of your database just in case, and
> then run the stored procedure in the RDB called: MSP_RDB_DeleteAllData
>
> After you clear out the RDB, you should be able to refresh it.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Barbara - Austria" <BarbaraAustria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:EF6E3620-917E-4483-BFFE-0FEAE33154DB@microsoft.com...
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> thanks for that idea. I did that more than 3 times with different
>> situations (results below in my first post):
>> - Create a new timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild of
>> Reporting DB by backing up and restore of Enterprise fields.
>> - Delete timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild of
>> Reporting DB by backup and restore of Enterprise fields.
>> - Delete all timesheets for that period with Server Settings – Delete
>> Enterprise Objects – Timesheets. Force a rebuild of Reporting DB by
>> backing up and restore of Enterprise fields.
>>
>> I am really wondering where that information comes from when forcing a
>> rebuild of
>> Reporting DB since I can’t find this old TimesheetUID in Timesheet tables
>> in Published DB? Really interesting.
>>
>> Regards
>> Barbara
>>

>> "Gary L. Chefetz" <gary@nospam.chefetz.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> Barbara:
>>>
>>> Have you tried forcing a rebuild of the Reporting DB? I don't believe
>>> that there's a mechanism for synching other than a total refresh. Take
>>> an administrative backup of your custom fields, and then restore them.
>>> This will cause the entire RDB to be refreshed.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>>> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>>> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>>> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>>
>>> "Barbara - Austria" <BarbaraAustria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:2E23DD24-CB50-476F-B00E-7616B5562ED4@microsoft.com...

0
Barbara
5/5/2010 2:17:13 PM
Barbara:

After you clear the RDB and run the refresh, watch the queue carefully. If
any of the many jobs that this spawns fails, it will likely point to the
source of the corruption. I had to do this recently on one of my 2010 lab
systems and, in my case, the problem resided in a single project plan. The
failure prevented the RDB from refreshing correctly and prevented the cubes
from building.

--

message news:3F564F4E-67A9-4646-B967-DF8D03634A80@microsoft.com...
> Hi Gary,
>
> thanks for taking time. I understand that you didn't read my first message
> until the very end. It was really a long one! But I have tried a lot
> before asking.
>
> The refresh job is not failing. Moreover I can see that information for
> the old timesheet is deleted in the first steps, but re-created later on.
> This information must sit in some table in Published DB which name doesn't
> include 'timesheet'.
> I will give MSP_RDB_DeleteAllData a try tomorrow or the day after. For
> that client I need to be on site, no remote access possible.
>
> Regards
> Barbara
>
> "Gary L. Chefetz" <gary@nospam.chefetz.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Barbara:
>>
>> Sorry, I should have read your previous message more closely. All of the
>> data comes from the Published database, but if the RDB refresh is failing
>> it doesn't matter what's in the Published DB. The last strategy is to
>> clear the RDB entirely. Take a backup of your database just in case, and
>> then run the stored procedure in the RDB called: MSP_RDB_DeleteAllData
>>
>> After you clear out the RDB, you should be able to refresh it.
>>
>> --
>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "Barbara - Austria" <BarbaraAustria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:EF6E3620-917E-4483-BFFE-0FEAE33154DB@microsoft.com...
>>> Hi Gary,
>>>
>>> thanks for that idea. I did that more than 3 times with different
>>> situations (results below in my first post):
>>> - Create a new timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild
>>> of Reporting DB by backing up and restore of Enterprise fields.
>>> - Delete timesheet for that resource and period. Force a rebuild of
>>> Reporting DB by backup and restore of Enterprise fields.
>>> - Delete all timesheets for that period with Server Settings – Delete
>>> Enterprise Objects – Timesheets. Force a rebuild of Reporting DB by
>>> backing up and restore of Enterprise fields.
>>>
>>> I am really wondering where that information comes from when forcing a
>>> rebuild of
>>> Reporting DB since I can’t find this old TimesheetUID in Timesheet
>>> tables in Published DB? Really interesting.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Barbara
>>>

>>> "Gary L. Chefetz" <gary@nospam.chefetz.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

0
Gary
5/5/2010 2:30:34 PM
Hi Gary,

when I was running the rebuild, there were no errors at all. Since I am
telling everyone that it can take some hours and that there are many jobs, I
watched it carefully ;-). I also checked ULS and Eventlog - nothing special
in there.

I am wondering what I will see when running the rebuild after clearing RDB.
I will let you know! Thanks a lot!

> Barbara:
>
> After you clear the RDB and run the refresh, watch the queue carefully. If
> any of the many jobs that this spawns fails, it will likely point to the
> source of the corruption. I had to do this recently on one of my 2010 lab
> systems and, in my case, the problem resided in a single project plan. The
> failure prevented the RDB from refreshing correctly and prevented the
> cubes from building.
>
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "Barbara - Austria" <BarbaraAustria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3F564F4E-67A9-4646-B967-DF8D03634A80@microsoft.com...
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> thanks for taking time. I understand that you didn't read my first
>> message until the very end. It was really a long one! But I have tried a
>> lot before asking.
>>
>> The refresh job is not failing. Moreover I can see that information for
>> the old timesheet is deleted in the first steps, but re-created later on.
>> This information must sit in some table in Published DB which name
>> doesn't include 'timesheet'.
>> I will give MSP_RDB_DeleteAllData a try tomorrow or the day after. For
>> that client I need to be on site, no remote access possible.
>>
>> Regards
>> Barbara
>>
>> "Gary L. Chefetz" <gary@nospam.chefetz.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> Barbara:
>>>
>>> Sorry, I should have read your previous message more closely. All of the
>>> data comes from the Published database, but if the RDB refresh is
>>> failing it doesn't matter what's in the Published DB. The last strategy
>>> is to clear the RDB entirely. Take a backup of your database just in
>>> case, and then run the stored procedure in the RDB called:
>>> MSP_RDB_DeleteAllData
>>>
>>> After you clear out the RDB, you should be able to refresh it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
>>> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>>> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>>> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>>>
>>> "Barbara - Austria" <BarbaraAustria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:EF6E3620-917E-4483-BFFE-0FEAE33154DB@microsoft.com...

0
Barbara

How can I delete a list from a column?
Hello all -Excel 2003- I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in M, this M columns takes also the list of L. I have now the same list in L and M. How can I delete the list from M? Thanks a lot. Select the column and Edit>Clear>Contents. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:20:51 +0200, "Casrlos A." <carlin334@msn.com> wrote: >Hello all -Excel 2003- > >I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in >M, this M columns takes also the list of L. >I have now the same list in L a...

Reports from outlook
When i run a report from my workstation than he always ask for my credentials. When i logon to the server locally with my credentials then it works. The CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 server are running on the same server. How can I solve the problem that i can run a report from the outlook client? ...

Message automatically deleted after opening
I am using Windows Mail in Vista 32 bit Home Premium. Recently I have been encountering a problem with my e-mails. I open an e-mail and close it after it is read. If I proceed to go to another folder and, then return to the Inbox, the message that I read is no longer there. It doesn't go to the Delete Folder or, any other folder that I have set up. Does anyone know why this is happening and, how I can fix it. Thanks. -- Floridaguy "Floridaguy" <Floridaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53C48531-DCA8-45BE-8C65-97B19E28B977@microsoft.c...

If Count is not in a certain range, delete Rows
I have a spreadsheet that is 59752 x 2, with the one column Contact ID A and the other column Contact Link ID. It is like an instant messaging system. It looks something like this: 1 2 1 3 1 15 2 1 2 15 I want to count by different values in column A, and any count that is not within one of several ranges, those rows get deleted. So if the range is 3-5 contacts, then I want to keep the set of 1s, but delete the set of 2s. My ranges are 4-5 contacts, 30-41 contacts, and 100+ contacts. I am also brand new to macros, but I have experience with some other coding ...

Deleting a stock split
I have Money 2005. I entered a stock split incorrectly, and now I'd like to delete it. Since it doesn't show up on the transaction list, I'm not sure how to delete it. Does anybody know how? Also, is there an update to MS Money for Canadian users? Thanks in advance for any answers. IIRC, go into the price history, (Portfolio|Update Prices...|Update Prices Manually...) find it, and delete it. "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD588049-3DA3-484B-ADEF-CC4902AAE772@microsoft.com... >I have Money 2005. I entered a stock spli...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from serv
How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from the server...? What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "rhrinestone" <rhrinestone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E8E71F-CA4D-49A3-8561-80F35C085949@microsoft.com... > How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from the server...? Tools, accounts, mail, properties, advanced, check leave on server, delete after deleting from th...

Can't delete a business unit only disable
Hi, I am evaluating MS CRM 1.2 and can't delete a business unit. I am a Sys Admin but notice in that roles for Business Management that the sys admin can't delete certain things and I can't work out how to give thr role that authority? Does anyone have any ideas? Many Thanks, Brian You can't. There are certain items in the system that can not be deleted. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Brian Clynes" <brianc@NOSPAMvtn-tech.com> wrote in message news:dba0f5447b6a4242bfd0122478075d94@ureader.com... Hi, I am evaluating MS CRM 1.2 and can't delet...

ISBN #'s starting w/ "0" are deleted, how to format so "0" stays put
Hello, I need to know how to format a list of cells that contain ISBN #'s so that when an ISBN starting with a "0" the zero stays. I am working w/ Excel 97. I have tried to format the cell to "Text" but then the zeros are deleted. What I am doing is copying and pasting from another spreadsheet. So, the ISBN looks like this at first: 0-889658-27-8 Then I say "Replace "-" with nothing. So then I get: 889658278 So, what I want is: 0889658278 Got me? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I suggest formatting the cells as text *prior* to pa...

How do I clear deleted emails from my inbox for good?
Even though I deleted the email through outlook, the email is still there. Even if I send it to the deleted files folder, its still in the inbox, and even after I empty the deleted files folder, the same email still appears in the inbox. How do I permanently clear emails from the inbox in Outlook so that they do not appear anywhere. Please help me, I recently started using outlook, and I am new to the program. Thank you. Aloha Ryan, What version of Outlook are you using? What method are you using to delete these messages? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.r...

referential integrity selected but cascade delete is greyed out
I've inherited an Access application. The delete process used to work. Access 2007 was installed last month and now the deletion does not work. The application is still running as an mdb. The relationships are a many to one. The delete is attemped on the many sided table. There are two one sided tables. The resulting error message is "The record cannot be deleted or changed because table 'Master Address ContactMethods' includes related records." When I checked, referential integrity was selected and the cascade options were greyed out. I cannot make any ...

Property Tax Reporting
Hello: The Fixed Assets tutorial on PartnerSource very briefly says that the Location ID in Fixed Asset Management factors into property tax reporting. How so? There are no property tax rates or calculations in Fixed Asset Management. Speaking of reports, it would be nice if Fixed Asset Management had forms of some sort that it could print. What I mean by that is that certain CPA firms use other software such as Thomson Creative Solutions as it prints out the necessary tax forms for the client. Do you think Fixed Asset Management will eventually have this? It would make it more ...

Mailbox Management Report is blank
I set up a policy to Generate a report of all users Sent and Deleted Items folders. I set the reporting level to Summary as a test and also Detail as a test. Each time I run the Mailbox Maintenancde Process, the email gets sent to the administrator I chose but it is blank. Even on the detail attachment it is blank. The event viewer log shows the correct information that should be on the report, but the email is blank. Any ideas? Does the exchange server need a MAPI client installed like 5.5 needed? You shouldn't install Oultook on your exchange server. I've run into problems wi...

schedule a task to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-gettingstarted/200911/1 Hi Trevor, use a different database for the scheduler task ... link to all your tables, put your report in there and anything else it needs create an AutoExec macro that opens the report (which will automatically print unless you specify otherwise) and then exits Access Warm Regards, ...

Date Range on Report in Money 2003
I have a favorite report in Money 2003 which lists scheduled payments within a range of dates. My file was upgraded from Money 2000. I used to have the problem of the report omitting many of the scheduled transactions within the date range. That was fixed by running the Salvage program. Now the problem is the other way around: the report shows transactions BEYOND the date range, as well as those within. Is there a fix for that? I still have the Salvage program. :-) Thanks, Elliott ...

Sales Tax reporting on cash payment
Great Plains only allows us to report Sales Tax at time of invoicing. I would love to see a Sales Tax reporting setup option in which you are asked, how do you report? Time of INvoice or Time of Receipt. This was a feature of RealWorld software that anyone who upgrades to Great Plains has lost this functionality and now has to record their sales tax manually if they pay their sales tax based on when the Receivable Invoice is Paid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

an email is stuck in my inbox
I was sent an email from a fellow co-worker that was simply asking me to call someone. I cannot delete this email or move it to another folder. I get "Unknown Error" when trying to delete. I would like to delete this email but I do not know how as I have tried all the normal ways already. One thing that helps us when we have a situation like this is to "sneak up on it." Select the mesage above it, hold down control, and click on the message following it. Now you can hit Delete on your keyboard. I hope this works for you! >-----Original Message----- >I w...

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

how to delete mutliple calendar entries all at once?
my outlook has made dec 31st birthdays out of all my contacts. moreover,all of them are tagged with reminders and yearly repeats. don't understand how it happened but need help to wipe them out. surely there must be a way other than manually deleting each and everyone? thank you! switch to a table view, like by category - then sort by date. The Dec 31 dates should all be together. Select the first, hold ctrl and select the last then hit Del. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sl...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

Comparing three separate reports #2
I'm trying to take three separate reports and extract the data that is the same in column a and b. This report will pull the entire line of data based on a and b being the same on all three reports. Example is a financial institution looking for customers by name and account # that appear delinquent for three consecutive months. Ty, Create a new sheet. We will use columns A through C will be used in the process for finding the duplicates, so we'll set those up first. Enter "Table" in cell A1, and enter "Key Value" in cell B1, and enter "Appears in 3&qu...

Products added directly to Opportunity
Why can't I link and display products when they are added directly to an Opportunity? I can do it using Access but not with CRM tools - Reports or Advanced Query. I need a list for a date range of all products sold by Owner. The sales team do not use Orders or Quotes. Our partner said it would work fine to just add the product directly to the Opportunity. Only problem, no reports! Any help greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston On the left-hand side of the Opportunity screen, there is a section titled 'Products' which lists the Products that are potentially been sold as part ...

Free Form Text Box in Report
Hi All, I am running a report that runs from a Make Table Query, and then into a cross tab query. The report is in a Switchboard and runs off of a Macro that opens the make table, updates based off of the dates entered, closes it, opens the cross tab. Closes it. Opens the report in print preview. I need others to run the report with no intervention so I entered a text box (as I have done before) into the header that reads: =[Enter Report Ending Date mm/dd/yyy] to allow for the ending date to appear in the header. However, this is not working. I am recieving the following error &q...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...