decimal fraction in actual work on resource usage view

Hello, we are not using timesheet yet but we enter actual values manually in
resource usage view. But we can see work in decimal fractions (like 4,25 hrs)
but we can not enter decimal fractions in actual work fields. When we try to
put 4,25 in there, it sets to 4 and change the task duration (whihc is
expected)
How can we enter decimal fractions in there? Please help..
regards

Hello cemipalooza,

I'm able to enter Actual Work decimals in the Resource Usage as well in the
Task Usage (both in 2003 and 2007 versions)
Have you tried to enter "minutes of work" : for ex. 255m for 4,25h ?

G�rard Ducouret

"cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: 0D748438-0E0A-4819-BE35-579FE552A191@microsoft.com...
> Hello, we are not using timesheet yet but we enter actual values manually
> in
> resource usage view. But we can see work in decimal fractions (like 4,25
> hrs)
> but we can not enter decimal fractions in actual work fields. When we try
> put 4,25 in there, it sets to 4 and change the task duration (whihc is
> expected)
> How can we enter decimal fractions in there? Please help..
> regards

Hi Gerard
When I use pro 2007 in local yes I can enter decimals but when I submit to
project server, baseline and try to enter actuals it does not support decimal
fractions, it just rounds it to the previous integer then it increases the
following days work hours even extends the end date although the task is
fixed duration and not effort driven. I am getting disappointed with project
server I dont think we can use this with our projects it is not reliable

"Gérard Ducouret" wrote:

> Hello cemipalooza,
>
> I'm able to enter Actual Work decimals in the Resource Usage as well in the
> Task Usage (both in 2003 and 2007 versions)
> Have you tried to enter "minutes of work" : for ex. 255m for 4,25h ?
>
> Gérard Ducouret
>
> "cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
> message de news: 0D748438-0E0A-4819-BE35-579FE552A191@microsoft.com...
> > Hello, we are not using timesheet yet but we enter actual values manually
> > in
> > resource usage view. But we can see work in decimal fractions (like 4,25
> > hrs)
> > but we can not enter decimal fractions in actual work fields. When we try
> > put 4,25 in there, it sets to 4 and change the task duration (whihc is
> > expected)
> > How can we enter decimal fractions in there? Please help..
> > regards
>

> .

You clearly have something configured incorrectly, but can't tell what from
your posts. You would need to describe your Project Server task tracking
settings to make sense of this.
--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Gerard
> When I use pro 2007 in local yes I can enter decimals but when I submit to
> project server, baseline and try to enter actuals it does not support
> decimal
> fractions, it just rounds it to the previous integer then it increases the
> following days work hours even extends the end date although the task is
> fixed duration and not effort driven. I am getting disappointed with
> project
> server I dont think we can use this with our projects it is not reliable
>
> "Gérard Ducouret" wrote:
>
>> Hello cemipalooza,
>>
>> I'm able to enter Actual Work decimals in the Resource Usage as well in
>> the
>> Task Usage (both in 2003 and 2007 versions)
>> Have you tried to enter "minutes of work" : for ex. 255m for 4,25h ?
>>
>> Gérard Ducouret
>>
>> "cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
>> message de news: 0D748438-0E0A-4819-BE35-579FE552A191@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello, we are not using timesheet yet but we enter actual values
>> > manually
>> > in
>> > resource usage view. But we can see work in decimal fractions (like
>> > 4,25
>> > hrs)
>> > but we can not enter decimal fractions in actual work fields. When we
>> > try
>> > put 4,25 in there, it sets to 4 and change the task duration (whihc is
>> > expected)
>> > How can we enter decimal fractions in there? Please help..
>> > regards
>>

>> .

0
Gary
4/19/2010 9:41:58 PM
Hi Gary I asked our project server admins but they say they dont have such a
configuraton on the server. Do you know is there any configuration on the
client or server that allows decimal number entrance or disable? I do not see
anywhere any settings that restrict this usage but I dont understand how I
cant enter decimals when I open projects on server with my pro 2007 client.

"Gary L. Chefetz" wrote:

> You clearly have something configured incorrectly, but can't tell what from
> your posts. You would need to describe your Project Server task tracking
> settings to make sense of this.
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Gerard
> > When I use pro 2007 in local yes I can enter decimals but when I submit to
> > project server, baseline and try to enter actuals it does not support
> > decimal
> > fractions, it just rounds it to the previous integer then it increases the
> > following days work hours even extends the end date although the task is
> > fixed duration and not effort driven. I am getting disappointed with
> > project
> > server I dont think we can use this with our projects it is not reliable
> >
> > "Gérard Ducouret" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello cemipalooza,
> >>
> >> I'm able to enter Actual Work decimals in the Resource Usage as well in
> >> the
> >> Task Usage (both in 2003 and 2007 versions)
> >> Have you tried to enter "minutes of work" : for ex. 255m for 4,25h ?
> >>
> >> Gérard Ducouret
> >>
> >> "cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
> >> message de news: 0D748438-0E0A-4819-BE35-579FE552A191@microsoft.com...
> >>

> >> .

Like I said, to be helpful to you, I need to know what your tracking
settings are.

--

"Gary L. Chefetz" <gary@nospam.chefetz.org> wrote in message
> You clearly have something configured incorrectly, but can't tell what
> from your posts. You would need to describe your Project Server task
> tracking settings to make sense of this.
> --
> Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
> Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com
>
> "cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Gerard
>> When I use pro 2007 in local yes I can enter decimals but when I submit
>> project server, baseline and try to enter actuals it does not support
>> decimal
>> fractions, it just rounds it to the previous integer then it increases
>> the
>> following days work hours even extends the end date although the task is
>> fixed duration and not effort driven. I am getting disappointed with
>> project
>> server I dont think we can use this with our projects it is not reliable
>>
>> "Gérard Ducouret" wrote:
>>
>>> Hello cemipalooza,
>>>
>>> I'm able to enter Actual Work decimals in the Resource Usage as well in
>>> the
>>> Task Usage (both in 2003 and 2007 versions)
>>> Have you tried to enter "minutes of work" : for ex. 255m for 4,25h ?
>>>
>>> Gérard Ducouret
>>>
>>> "cemipalooza" <cemipalooza@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
>>> message de news: 0D748438-0E0A-4819-BE35-579FE552A191@microsoft.com...
>>>

>>> .

0
Gary

Round up a decimal in a query field
Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in Access. Can anyone help? Function:round([tablename!fieldname,2]) I think. It may be round([tablesname!fieldname],2) "bigomega73" wrote: > Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query > field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in > Access. Can anyone help? Thanks Golfinray, but that only rounds to the nearest decimal place. What I want is the numb...

Capital One Downloads (and other Yodlee Downloads) not working
I use MS Money to download transactions of Capital One and Bank of America credit cards. For the last 4 days, MS Money has been unable to download these transactions, and when I log into the "My Money" section of the MSN Money web site, I cannot download the transactions either. Both of these downloads are handled via the Yodlee service. Is this a known outage? Are others experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution? I've tried logging in and out of Passport, but the downloads continue to fail. Thanks, Reddog None of these are working for me today. I assume i...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Cannot view file after double clicking on a file with 2007
Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in the left corner it doesn't show up. Granted it is Windows XP, but we have 394 machines give or take and they all work fine in Office. And they are all identical software setups. "Chris" wrote: > Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in > the left corner it doesn't show up. Another thing, I called Microsoft support today and some woman named Vija answered the phone. She was telling me with the file not showing up until clicking the balloon this is how...

Decimal key on keypad is ignored
In Excel 2000 with fixed decimal 2 places in the setup, I could enter 10+. and the cell would read 10.00. In 2003, the decimal is ignored and I must enter 1000 to get 10.00. Is there a way to fix this change? The functionality has not changed in Excel 2003, the fixed decimal is overridden if you manually enter the decimal. I would check a couple of things 1) Your decimal separator under windows regional settings is . 2) If you are wanting to use the system separators, as above, you make sure that setting is checked in Excel Tools>Options>International>Use system settings Of...

Message tracking not work on XP SP2
Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager 2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:26:05 -0700, Pol <Pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager >2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is >still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! Your workstation needs to be abl...

Viewing messages #2
When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they never come up. Can someone help me? Not yet. State your Outlook version, the type of mail transport you are using, whether you are using a preview pane or opening the message, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wleef33 asked: | When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they | never come ...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

double display in the Watch view with VC++6 sp6
Hi, Since the install of Visual Studio service pack 6 the double display differe in the Watch window of example before (with vc++ sp5) -7701.7701 give in the window -7701.7701 now (with the sp6) in obtain -7701.7700999999997 Thanks Why is this an issue? It strikes me as a bit of concern over an irrelevancy. Floating point isn't accurate anyway, so there is no particular reason to be concerned about trivial differences like this. joe On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:39:11 +0200, "Olivier" <olive@nospam.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >Since the install of Visual Studio service ...

Outlook lockes when promoting or viewing a promoted email
I have a user whose Outlook locks up for 30-45 minutes if he clicks on the CRM button in the toolbar, opens an email that is tracked in crm, or tries to promote an email to CRM. Also, when Outlook opens now and again Outlook reports a problem with the CRM addin, and it seems to remove it to start outlook correctly. We have completely removed the CRM client and it's entire database and did a complete clean install. This problem still occurs. I am going to check the .net framework version today, create a new Outlook profile, and a few other hints I have found online. But I could use som...

Any idea how to delete a custom portfolio view???
Anytime I select a custom portfolio view within Money 06 Deluxe Trial, it crashes Money and I have to reinstall (and not select that particular view) in order to use the Portfolio Manager function w/in Money. Money '05 Deluxe did the same thing, hence my "upgrade" to '06 Deluxe Trial. In what I thought was more than a strange coincidence, the same thing happened when I used Money online through MSN. It crashed Internet Explorer and now if I select Portfolio online, Internet Explorer must close. Any potential solutions other than deleting the view are most welcome. Thanks...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search not working.
I installed Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2. The instant search does not work and desktop search can find everything except email messages. I have rebuilt the index and uninstalled and reinstalled Window Desktop Search 3.0. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I fixed mine by doing two things, not scientific, doing only one may have worked. I unchecked Outlook Express. (Maybe it only likes one email client) (It search OE fine by the way) I ran the repair option for Office 2007 in add remove programs. (I installed search after Outlook prompted me on its first use, maybe Search should be...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Works Portfolio
I accidently deleted my WksSb.exe application, how can I get this application back? -- Sugarpiemims ...

Overallocating a resource on purpose.
I have set Max Units for my clerk at 50%. She has regular duties but I can use her for project work about 50% of the time. I also want to enter a Recurring Task for the monthly accounting reports she does assigning her 100% for 2 days. I set the recurring task up for a Duration of 2 days, fixed units and effort driven. I expanded and selected all the detailed tasks. I [Alt][F10] to open the Assign Resources box. I clicked on the clerk's Units box and set it to 100% I clicked Assign. The result was for the first detail task 100% Units assigned, 50% for all the othe...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Contact categories & Exchange 2003: do they work together?
In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are all located in a public folder. "Paul van Egmond" <paul@oenone.nl> wrote: >In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange >to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have >been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. >Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are >all located in a public folder. ...

Cannot view print preview of HTML messages after IE7 uninstall
I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Have you tried reinstalling IE7 Beta 2? Patrick Schmid "QaT" <QaT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8662AD3-5552-4B70-967C-E602E792C439@microsoft.com... >I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after > uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Yes, and still does not work. Very annoying. Might Windows Repair fix this issue? "Patrick Schmid&...

Require Password to View Worksheet
I have a workbook with 12 worksheets. One of them contains data that i not for all to see. I'd like to require a password to view this on worksheet while leaving the remaining sheets open to all. Right now I' just hiding it, but I'd like to make it more secure. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you protect the windows structure (tools|protect workbook), then that worksheet can't be shown (until the workbook is unprotected). The bad news is that there is code posted every day to do just that. If you really want to protect the info on that...

Excellent Resource
New material has been added providing knowledge of Test Driven Development in Microsoft Dot Net with information about creating web applications with ADO.Net and Asp.Net..... http://www.dev-sphere.com/microsoft/mcsd/mcsd.htm "methew.brain@gmail.com" <methew.brain@gmail.com> wrote in news:e6090bac- 846a-490c-8307-8596a7b10567@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > New material has been added providing knowledge of Test Driven > Development in Microsoft Dot Net with information about creating web > applications with ADO.Net and Asp.Net..... > > http://www.dev-sphere.co...

Retry/Work Offilne???
need some help, one of our machines takes about 10 minutes to get into outlook (OL2K, exch5.5) and gives the screen for Retry or Work Offline. You have to hit the retry to get it to logon. There arent any errors, it just takes forever. I can ping the exchange consistantly and quickly so i'm kinda lost. any ideas? thanks vince ...

Format a cell to display decimal hours.
How do I format a cell to display decimal hours? Instead of displaying 3:45 (for 3 hours, 45 minutes), which is one of the standard formats, I'd like to display 3.75 (hours). h.hh doesn't do it. The above is formatting for an elapsed time calculation (finish time minus start time). (On a "time card") Excel 2000. Will a later Excel do it for me? Some good source for a parsing function? Any good reference? Thanks, Fred Holmes Fred, Format the cell in #.## format and multiply your result by 24. http://HelpExcel.com "Fred Holmes" wrote: > How do I forma...

Done Resource Dll
Sir Thanks your supporting for Resource Dll. Now i want to know if i don't use string resource in my program and i want to make an international application. Then is there any procedure which convert one language into another means when i execute my program then it detect default language(say chinese) and convert my application language into it's default language(chinese). So plz tell me how should i do it? I think u understood my problem. So give any reply. Thanks "Manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message news:uujd6Y...

Be able to Center the texct in datasheet View
Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to center the text in Datasheet view?? Is it possible?? many thnaks for your input!! Cheers, Select the fields in the form design view and set them to center. -- Daryl S "DontKnow" wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Does anyone know how to center the text in Datasheet view?? Is it possible?? > > many thnaks for your input!! > > Cheers, ...