Dates in OLAP Cube for Data Analysis?

I'd like to add the Task Finish Date and Task Baseline Finish Date to
my OLAP Cube to view these fields in the data analysis. I can't find a
way to do this yet. Can dates be added to the Cube?

Thanks,
Drew
0
Drew

Hi Drew,

In order to achieve this, you will need to do some custom development. My
recommendation is to create a report using the Reporting Database, which will
allow you to report against the start and finish date
Hope this helps
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"Drew" wrote:

> I'd like to add the Task Finish Date and Task Baseline Finish Date to
> my OLAP Cube to view these fields in the data analysis. I can't find a
> way to do this yet. Can dates be added to the Cube?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew
> .

The ability to change multiple activity due dates at once
I would find it extremely helpful when I have multiple activities that are due on the same date and I want to change the due date to be able to change them all at once rather than having to open each one separately and then changing the due date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

Analysis ToolPack For Excel 2002
I have Windows XP with Excel 2002. I need to install Analysis Toolpack but I can't find it. I only find it for Excel 2003. Will this work in Excel 2002? or where I can find it for Excel 2002? Thanks. Hi Angelo Run Office setup again and install it fron the CD -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Angelo F." <Angelo F.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32DF477F-B4D8-4D41-8DD9-AEBD7EFF57A7@microsoft.com... >I have Windows XP with Excel 2002. I need to install Analysis Toolpack but I > can't find it. I only find it for Excel 2003. ...

restrict data in combo box
I have a combo box that lists returns. The returns can be open or closed. I want the user to be able to restrict the data in the combo box if they check the [ckOpen] check box. I've tried several ways but none of them work. Any help would be appreciated. Combo box query: SELECT tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, tReturns.VendorName, tReturns.VendorID, tReturns.Description, tReturns.ReturnDate, tReturns.COGAccountNo, tReturns.ReturnAmount, tReturns.Status, tReturns.CompanyID, tReturns.MerchandiseReturnNo, IIf([Forms]! [fReturns]![ckOpen]=True,[Status]="Open","*") AS ReturnOp...

Combining data from multiple sheets
I have been using OmniPage 12 to scan columnar data and then export it to Excel. So far I have had reasonable success with the OCR formatting but when exporting the data, each scanned sheet becomes a sheet in Excel. I want all the data on one sheet so that I can manipulate it (sort, pivot, etc.). I have had no luck with help at the OmniPage bulletin board so I thougt, alternatively, is there a way to combine data from multiple sheets that would be simpler than copy/paste. Hi Ron - Have you tried going from the other direction? If OmniPage allows you to save the files as Text (I beli...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Receivable Document Date
I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the posting date was the correct date. What is the best way to correct this? Can I do this through the database? Lynn, The best way to do this is to void the original transaction and re- enter it. This will provide a complete audit trail. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com What is your Posting Setup? Is it "Post To GL" or "Post Thru' GL"? In case of "Post To GL", it is possible as the posting of Receivable could be in a past date and t...

Dating 6 events for 5 groups on a 18 month cycle
I have been trying tocalendarise 6 key dates in a cycle for 5 groups Each group A,B,and C all have different start dates to their cycle in the 18 month period - after that time it all repeats itself. Is there anyway this can be done I also need to find some way of labelling these key dates - Thanks no Denise - Despite Colin's certainty that it can't be done, I suspect all it requires is a better statement of your problem. Are you talking about a Gantt chart? If so, check out some of the links on this web page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html - Jon ------- ...

how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th".
how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such as "3rd of April 2010". when i run my program the words that appears onthe screen was 3-Apr-10. can you help me solve this problem? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:47:01 -0700, cristin wrote: > how can i format a date that uses "1st" or "2nd" or "3rd" or 4th"... i am > working on a program that generates certificates. i want to use dates such > as &q...

Error in set up data source
I'm using Windows XP and Office 2K. I tried to set up a data source connecting to an Acces table. When I picked the fields to be included in my query, I got the 'Syntax error in FROM clause' error prompt. The same resulted for connecting to an Excel table but there was no such problem for connection to a dBase (.dbf) file. Any idea? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

messy data
Hi All, I have a problem with splitting some messy data and was hoping that someone could help me! I have a field which looks like this below: category6-category5-category4-category3-category2-category1 which I want to turn into this below, but in there own seperate columns: A B C D E F category1 category2 category3 category4 category5 category6 NOW, the problem is that sometimes the field doesn't go all the way to category6, it can go down to as little as category1 or category2 so would look like the below: category2-cate...

Get data out of a dataset.
Hi all! I use a dataset.ReadXML() to fill a dataset with data. With this I get different tables and relations availible in my dataset. What I�m wondering is: wich is the easy way to go here if I want to get specific values with "childvalues" via relations, out of this. Like a kind of sql:s "join" or something. /Marre Just an idea... if you fill a DataSet and then save the contents to disk as a Diffgram, using: DataSet.WriteXml(fileName, XmlWriteMode.Diffgram), you can see what the XML that is required to create the keys and relations looks like. ...

start and end date of given date
Hi All, What's the easiest way to get the start and end date for a given date. The Mon thru Sun dates. Thanks, rodchar You can use known Monday and Sunday dates and calculate based on current date (or any parameter date): -- '20010101' is known Monday -- '20010107' is known Sunday SELECT DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010101') AS monday_for_date, DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010107') AS sunday_for_date; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQ...

including dblink in a query to retrieve data
I connect to a table using a db link i want to execute an spl query and populate results in to a pivo table. My MS Query does not allow me to use a dblink and connect to th table. Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Exclusion List for Data Validation??
Hello! I have cells that require an entry (last names of people), so I have the validation set up for text >1 and <1000. This is good if the user decides to leave it blank, but if they put in a space, or two spaces, or more, or put in words like "none" "N/A" "unknown", etc, those responses are unacceptable. So how can I set up validation to allow for any entry except for blanks, spaces, or a list of words that I will constantly have to adjust as users get more creative? Thanks! VR/ Lost It would be really difficult to try and trap *every possible* ille...

Help needed on date()
Can anybody please tell me if, and how, I can use the date() funtion in excel for dates lying before 1900. The problem is that I'm trying to fill up columns with dates from a 19th century journal. thanks in advance D. Gerling Take a look at the following: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm MRO "Delano Gerling" <delano@gerling.demon.nl> wrote in message news:vm99477u8k7mdc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anybody please tell me if, and how, I can use the date() funtion in > excel for dates lying before 1900. > > The problem is that I'm trying to f...

Formatting Col C based on data in Col B
I have to format a report every day that is imported from SQL to Excel. My problem is that I am stuck on trying to "insert" text descriptions in Column C based on what is in Column B. The number of rows may vary from day to day (ie: one day the report is 315 rows and the next it may be 278 or 480). So, the total range of Col B would extend from (B2:end) on any given day. In plain language, If any of the data in Range (B:B) begins with "ML*" insert UPPERCASE "ABC" in Col C2 or If any of the data in Range(B:B) begins with "W*" insert UPPERCASE ...

Request between week ending date
I am currently using a query that request a "start date" and an "end date", I would like to change the request to "Week ending date" and include information 7 day back. What would I have to change to get this information? In the Criteria row under your date field, you currently have: Between [start date] And [end date] Try: Between [week ending date] - 6 And [week ending date] It is always a good idea to declare date parameters. In query design view, choose Parameters on the Query menu. Enter into the dialog: [week ending date] Date...

Excel doesn't remember custom date format
My web site uses a txt delimited file created by excel. The format of the date column needs to be in the form of YYYY-MM-DD. If I set up a column this way, save it and test my web site, it works. But if I quit Excel, reopen that project and add another entry, the date reverts to the MM-DD-YYYY format and my site no longer understands it. Is there a setting to force Excel to remember the custom format? Using Excel 2000. Jack Jack, If by "reopen the project" you mean that you're opening a text file, Excel will use the date format that it wants, not what you want. Tell the r...

Ghost Data/Large Operation
I have inherited a spreadsheet from a former coworker. In this spreadsheet, I cannot add or remove column(s)/row(s) without getting the "Large Operation" message indicating 'this is going to take forever to accomplish and are you sure you want to do this?' That's even for one column or row. I'm almost positive it has something to do with this sheet thinking that the last cell of data is EI1046599 even though there is no data in many thousands of rows and several dozen columns up to that point. My normal solution for this type of situation is to copy al...

MSCRM tools for data deduplication
Hi ppl, We are looking to use it for a potential MSCRM project for a large entreprise customer. The customer has multiple sources of customer data (over 5 databases), and what we are trying to achieve is to build a single source of customer data (ie, a customer master database in MSCRM). As there are multiple sources of customer data, there are many duplicate customer records. (eg, records could be in format such as Anthony Smith, Tony Smith, Toni Smith, etc). What we plan to do is to write some data conversion scripts using the MSCRM Data Migration Framework to load data from these datab...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

Select data for plot
I want to create a simple line chart for each project; but need the ability for the user to not plot a particular project (Y 0r N) Proj1 Proj2 Proj3 Proj4 Y Y Y N 11.3% 8.5% 1.8% 0.9% 16.1% 12.4% 3.7% 1.5% 21.3% 16.6% 6.9% 3.9% Any ideas? Thanks Saintsman So far you have Proj1 through Proj4 Data. Add four more columns for Proj1 through Proj4 Chart. Assuming there is also a first column for some kind of categories or dates, Proj1 Data is column D, Proj1 Chart is column F, row 2 has the Y/N.... then put this formula in F3: =IF(B$2="Y",B3,NA()) fill this formula across to colu...

how can i build a three variable data table in excel ?
I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Hi not really sure what you mean with this. Could you give an example? "Solario" wrote: > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Maybe?? dim myTable(1 to 2, 1 to 8, 1 to 17) as variant mytable(1,1,1) = "hi" mytable(1,1,2) = "there" ..... mytable(2,8,17) = "whew! that's a lot of entries" Solario wrote: > > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. -- Dave Peterson ...

Data Modeling:Lookup table and Main table:establishing relationshi
I am working on creating data model from existing database using MS Visio 2007 Profesional Edition. Existing database is w/o PK-FKs & I am working to create relational DB which enforces RI. I have a lookup table which contains language codes,used by main table. The problem ,I am running into, is that these languagecodes(from lookup table) are used by 3 columns in main table. So, I am wondering how can I enforce PK-FK relationship here. As in... language_code from lookup table is PK and it has to associated w/ column(s) existing in main table. Something like following: Lookup Table ...

I did not save changes in Excel and now I lost data. Go Back?
I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? If you opened a workbook and made changes then said "No" to save changes, you are out of luck. Start typing<g> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:34:01 -0800, "brian" <brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have >lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? ...