Data Analysis Report

I'm doing report in MPS. Currently i can show year, month , day in details.
But i also want to show that which day is weekday or weekend(sat or sun) in
report. If anyone can help me this problem, i'll be appreciate it. thanks.

Rounding Averages on my Report
I created a summary report using the report wizard and grouped by date and selected avg. The report works fine except I would the numbers to be rounded. For example: The average for January shows 19.5, however I would like it displayed as 20. If February is 23.1678993, I would like it displayed as 23. Can someone help me with this? Thx Try... = Format([YourAvg], "#") 19.5 should display as 20 (rounding up from .5 or greater) 23.1678993 should display as 23 (rounding down from .5 or less) or... if you need numeric... ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

CRM & Data Matching
Hi, We are going to populate our MSCRM with various data sets. Because of this there will be duplication of customer data. Is there any mechanism within Microsoft CRM (or easily available elsewhere) to match the data from the diverse sources against each other and to arrive at a single instance of the customer. Thanks, D. Microsoft CRM V3 only offers merge capabilities which means you have to locate the duplicates - crm can then merge the records two at a time. ISV's have produced other solutions ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.got...

Calcs & Data Validation
Looking for an easy way to complet the following. I imagine their must be a quick & easy method. Cell A5 has a drop down list which corresponds to a range on another worksheet. It has 300+ entries. In cell B5 i will enter a number/qty. What i would like is that as each of the items in the list has a corresponding cost (on other worksheet), i would like to know an easy way to calculate the cost (in C5) based upon the qty entered (B5) & the cost of the item selected. I have done it before with 'IF' function for a small selection, but figure there must be an easier...

Problems with Crystal Reports
Hi everyone We are currently encountering a problem with Crystal Reports on MSCRM. Launching one takes about 10-15 seconds before data is displayed (even if only 1 record is retrieved). The standard Accounts reports are worse, we get a Timed Out error everytime. We are deploying MSCRM on 2 servers - CRM Server has dual procs and 1GB RAM. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards. Hon Having Crystal reports in CRM 1.0 timeout is a known bug. (Happens after you try to retrieve more than about 10K records.) There is a private hotfix. It will also be fi...

FRx Report Date won't change
We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073. Apparently, an AP transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073. So, in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073. Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx changes the report date to December 9072. We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index. We've also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the 12/2008 date in FRx. Any...

(?) Free credit report and monitoring from Experian?
How do I get the free "credit report and monitoring from Experian" offered with Money Deluxe 2004? When I click, I'm sent to https://msmoney.creditexpert.com/CE_site/MCCLogin_C.aspx , but I see no-where to create a new account. Queries to customerservice@creditexpert.com have not been answered. Thanks, -stephen Do a little search at the Consumer Reports site and you will find the addresses and email addresses of the 3 credit reporting agencies. I believe they are required to send you a free report once per-year. You can research the referenced CR reports at your local libra...

Formatting doesn't follow data sort
I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help, and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information for no reason? -- kanimalhouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kanimalhouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

How do I copy previously entered data
If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi =VLOOKUP(A4,A1:C3,3,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Snoopy wrote: > If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as > A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi Frank, Thanks for the information, I tried it and it works. One further question if I may? If I type the info in A1 in multiple places in columnA, can excel be configured to repeat the related info in c1 in the cor...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Data Validation, Via A Formula
Is there a way to apply data validation to one cell, based on the result of another cell? For instance, if in A1, a data validation list displays sports (ie baseball, basketball,etc), and if the user selects "Baseball", then the data validation in B1 would only list baseball teams, from the range named baseball teams. And if basketball is selected, then only basketball teams are displayed. If at all possible, could this be done via a formula and WITHOUT using VB? If not, I could also use any help to accomplish this via VB coding. Any and all help will be appreciated...

Excel reporting alternatives
Hi, I am part of a team currently looking for alternatives to replace Vision XL which our Finance team uses for ad-hoc reporting in Great Plains version 8. Although I am still seeking clarification I believe that Vision XL will not work with GP 10 or Office 2007 which we will soon be upgrading too hence a need for a replacement. My team will be writing sql reports using visual studio etc but our Finance team are rather hoping that they can continue using some kind of excel reporting tool, any ideas would be most hopeful. Kind regards Matthew Carpenter Hi Mathew One of the benfits of ...

Multiple series not plotting in their respective data ranges
I have a price comparison chart (line chart) that has multiple prices for multiple dates. Price 1 has a date range of 01/01/07 - 02/06/07. Price 2 has a date range of 01/19/07 - 01/31/07 (a subset of the Price 1 range). When Price 2 plots, it starts at the left of the overall range (01/01/07) and stops at 01/13/07 instead of plotting in the middle of the chart starting at 01/19/07 and ending at 01/31/07. Is this a bug or is there a parameter setting I need to tweak? Thanks, Mike If you want to plot one variable (price) as a function of another variable (date), you should be using...

Project data and time imported into Excel
Hi I am exporting date fields from Microsoft Project into Excel, the problem I am having is finding a way of getting rid of the time portion as it is interferring with the calculation. I understand that a date and time is stored as a double, the integer part is the date and the decimal part is the time. I would like to easily remove the decimal part of the imported part. Any help would be good. thanks daryl You might want to split the time and date into two separate columns. If your date/time is in A1, you can split them like this: B1: =INT(A1) C1: =MOD(A1,1) Format the cell...

Linking Access data to Excel
Hi folks, I have an Access 2000 database and need to use output from queries to populate worksheets in Excel (also 2000), to allow me to then carry out calculations on the data. I need to be able to overwrite the data, so built the spreadsheet formatting around the query output structure, and put all calculations in place, before creating links to the queries - I did this by selecting the query in Access, copying using Copy, then switching into Excel and creating links via Edit>Paste Special>Paste links. I initially built an empty database, i.e. built the structure, based on an...

Automatically sending a daily report in word as an attachment
I hope you can help with this. I have a daily report that needs to be mailed to a co-worker. It is a simple list of clients served in a word 2003 document. I would like to automate the process. I right clicked on a toolbar and went to customize, I found the command send mail recipient as attachment and dragged the button to the standard toolbar. I assigned an email hyperlink to it. The button works perfectly as far as sending an email automatically but it doesn't send the contents of the document on the screen. I want the current document to be attached to the email as it is...

How to pick a biggest data from a group of data? #3
I'v tried almost all the formats in Excel,but can't change them. any other idea? some of date are in attachment,please have a try -- yoyo200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yoyo2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1548 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27212 I'm not sure I understand the question. If you are seeking the largest number in a row or culumn highlight the data and choose sort from the Data pull down menu. Follow the prompts in the dialog box....

Should I create a custom report?
I would like to be able to run a report of best selling items per for select vendors. We are trying to reduce our inventory and carry only the best sellers. ...

data validation, list box
When I make a list box from "data validation" "allow=List" "Source=Data" I get a standard list box. How can I resize this default listbox ?? See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider -- HTH Bob Phillips "Hekke" <Hekke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2653AEDA-F7EF-4E19-9ED7-99D4F8BCE4C1@microsoft.com... > When I make a list box from "data validation" > "allow=List" > "Source=Data" > I get a standard list box. How can I resize this default listbox ?? ...

Report entries
I generated a report for all charitable contributions for 2004. Although it reflected payments made from checking and AMEX, it overlooked the ones made through Master Card. How do I customize report to get all contributions, regardless of vehicle through which they were paid? -- KAL Check to see if the report includes all accounts in its customization. "KAL" <KAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C5DD711-8FD9-4BA5-92D0-421AD81FC730@microsoft.com... >I generated a report for all charitable contributions for 2004. Although >it > reflected payme...

Using VBA to manipulate Reporting
Hello, I have a handful of reports that I am trying to manipulate using VBA. Depending on whatever they choose in a "currency" dropdown will determine what data the report will be showing. This is my question. Is there a way through VBA, depending on the value chosen in the pull down on the main form, to bring up a report but manipulate it so it looks at a certain query, changes its grouping levels, etc based on that choice in the dropdown? This would save me a TON of work, so I don't have to create new reports looking at different queries and have to put grouping lev...

Help with assignment of values to controls on report
I am trying to assign value on a txtbox control from a form to a txtbox control on a report. Form txtbox control:txtBeginDateRange Report txtbox control:txtStartDate reportName = "Report by DR and Vendor" I am have a problem with this line of code Reports![reportName]!txtStartDate = Me.txtBeginDateRange DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, acViewPreview Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Ayo. You cannot assign a value to a text box on a report like that. Instead, set the Control Source of the text box on the report so it reads from the form, e.g.: =Forms!Form1!txtBegin...

Add data label that was once deleted ...
Hi All, I've made a Waterfall chart once (actually Jon did ... ) ..but I deleted an individual data label of a certain series. Now I would like to get it back ...but how? All help appreciated, Sige XL97 ...

Elimate year (either YY or YYYY) in data
I want to format a column ONLY using day and month so that I can sort by that column. The default includes the year I have entered the data (i.e. 2004 or 2005) which corrupts the sort. Anyway to remove it? I have tried custom and special under format. Doesn't work. Thanks. Jack Why doesn't MMM DD, MMMM DD or M/DD work in custom formatting? "Jack" <jack.lindberg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1119642762.402873.131840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... I want to format a column ONLY using day and month so that I can sort by that column. The default includes the y...