Customize field in My Task

Dear all,

In My task view in PWA, is it possible to customize the name of a Field.
For example, i want field "Text1" to be called "Test".

Thanks for your help

Yann --

When you create the custom enterprise field, you need to give it a new name,
which you apparently did not do.  Log into PWA with administrator
permissions and then click Server Settings - Enterprise Custom Field
Definition.  Click the name of the field in question to open it for editing.
Give the field a new name and then click the Save button.  From your
description of the problem, it sounds like you created the new field in
Project Professional 2007 without giving it a new name, and then imported it
into Project Server 2007.  Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"yann" <yann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> In My task view in PWA, is it possible to customize the name of a Field.
> For example, i want field "Text1" to be called "Test".
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Dale
5/19/2010 11:58:50 AM
Yann:

If you want to rename standard project fields in the My Tasks page, the
following add-on web part allows you to do this:

https://projectdaddy.com/shopexd.asp?id=471

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"yann" <yann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> In My task view in PWA, is it possible to customize the name of a Field.
> For example, i want field "Text1" to be called "Test".
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Gary

Pivot Table
I've a column in a pivottable as 'running total'. I want to add another column 'percent' (not from the data in the source) which will give me percentage of the 'running total' column. That is, for instance: running total percentage 12 34.3% 24 68.6% 35 100.0% Thanks. http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot10.html there are instructions for running total -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Pivot Table" <...

How to delete task request from inbox on Outlook 2007
For 13.5 months a "task request" from a coworker has been parked in my inbox. The task is complete and was marked as such but I cannot delete it, move it, reply to it, forward it, or take ANY action on it without the message "the operation failed" popping up. Any suggestions on how to clear this would be appreciated. The coworker has cleared this on his outlook as well and our IT guy has not been able to do anything with it either. In fact, nobody in the office has any idea why my system is unique this way. I've never had issues with any other tas...

Delete Global Customer via Worksheet 51?
RMS V 1.3, soon to be 1.3R w/ hotfix. We have way too many "John Doe" and "_ New Customer" customers in our database. All of our customer's are created as Global. I would like to delete some of these, however we have some closed locations that remain a part of our database. I understand I can issue a Worksheet Style 601: Delete Global Customers, however, under the section "This Worksheet Should Apply to...", all locations are by default, accepted. I do not like to have any unprocessed worksheets out there, so, I do not like using this method. The clos...

Custom PageSetup dialog & help
I have a custom PageSetupDialog - done by following steps recommended by MSDN. I have a custom dialog resource built by adding a few fields to the standard page setup dialog dialog resource, and have used the PSD_ENABLEPAGESETUPTEMPLATE flag to get my dialog. It all works as expected. My application has help files setup and I have handlers for the various help messages (ID_HELP, ID_HELP_INDEX, ID_CONTEXT_HELP etc.). When the application is running and you are at the custom page setup dialog and press the F1 key - a context help is displayed for all the fields that the standard Page setup...

Requirements for customizing interfaces to CRM
First, I barely know how to spell "CRM", sop I apologize if this question has been asked before! We are considering using Microsoft's CRM at our office with SQL2000. We have a contract programmer developing an additional 'Commisions' reporting module for our financial needs. We will need to have that module push and pull information out of CRM, but also we will need to extend the database information maintained in the CRM database. Does Microsoft allow this type of customization top the CRM database/package? And if so, are there additional costs involved (for SDK, servi...

Customer Combiner Error
I am receiving the following error when trying to use Customer Combiner in the Professional Services Tool Kit. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'AGPERAMT_1', table 'CFSTS.dbo.PA00521', column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. I have checked via sql and my specific customer does not exist in this table PA00521 although all other customer do exist here. any ideas? Sounds like the combiner is using the data in that table from the source customer and finding it null. Age the account. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for So...

Custom Report / Z Type
I need a custom report that gives me information by date in a Z-report type format. The first column would be batch and/or closing date. Then the next columns I need are: COGS Deposits made Deposits redeemed Sales (net of discounts and returns, pre-tax) Paid on account Paid to account Tax collected Over/short total Closing total (for each temder type, so multiple columns) Paid out total I checked out the Z report that is floating around out there. It is a good start, but I can't seem to modify it to suit my needs. Any help? The Combined/All Z Reports that I found on the http://ww...

Have to manually fill in the "From Field"
Howdy. We have migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 SP2. Clients use Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP. We have a generic tech-support mailbox. In 5.5, Users used to be able to open the email from the support box, hit reply, and THEIR name would automatically be filled in on the From Field. Now, on Exc2000, hitting reply in the support mailbox automatically puts "support" in the From Field and not their name. Users have to manually put their name in the From Field. Is there a setting to avoid this? Thanks, Kenny ...

Customer Level Prices Changing After Additional Items Added to A Sale
Hello Ladies & Gents, Here's something wierd I have come across. If you define price levels for an item and then on the POS select a customer with a corresponding level and ring up that item, the item will show up with the level price and the bold font. However, if you ring up additional items that don't have price levels defined, the the price of the first item goes back to regular and the font changes back to normal! However, if you ring up all your items first and then select the customer, then items with price levels will be adjusted accordingly. Obviously, this is not...

adding empty spaces to fields?
Let's say I need to make a query that results in fixed length fields. How would I tell the query to add the necessary empty spaces (if the value in the field is less then the fixed number of characters)? I guess it's kind of an anti-Trim: TRIM([field]) Any help is greatly appreciated! hi Jerome, Jerome wrote: > Let's say I need to make a query that results in fixed length fields. > How would I tell the query to add the necessary empty spaces (if the > value in the field is less then the fixed number of characters)? > I guess it's kind of an anti-Trim: TRIM([...

Empty custom Address List in Outlook
I don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem yet so I'll start here. I created a custom Address List in the Exchange System Manager. I previewed it, and it looks good. When I go into Outlook and switch to that List, it's empty. I checked the security and it's inheriting from the parent. So it has the same permissions as the default Address Lists. Any ideas? Exchange '03 SP1 on Server '03 SP1, using Outlook '02 SP3 Can you check in OWA and see if it's also empty? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com mcoppa@gm...

Missing values from a pivot table field
I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426 records. The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain the second value. When I click on the arrow associated with that field it does not contain the second value either. Is there somewhere else in the settings this value could have been lost? Perhaps try Drag the field off the table Refresh the table Drag the field back on. With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot ta...

Sending the E-mail Confirmation to Customers in SOP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C9EF48.78E38430 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way that an email confirmation can be sent to the customer = after taking/entering the order in SOP along with the order details? If = not then; is there any 3rd party solution available? We use UPS Shipgear product to pull the data from GP, back and forth and = when the order gets shipped, it sends a confirmation along with the = tracking but we also wish to send the confirmation @ the time...

task buttons
how can I get more task buttons in a task pad is there a program that let you design your own task pad -- bob I assume you are talking POS2009. You can edit and existing Task Pad using the File Center, the concept of the task pad files are very simple as you will see. When you try to save the file you will be prompted to save as a new file. You can also save a file to your computer using the File Center modify using Notepad then Add the file back in. One thing I found out if you want to make one button half the size of the other buttons you can not use decimal values for c...

Customize Outlook Today screen on Outlook 2000
Customize Outlook Today screen on Outlook 2000; for some reason when I click the button now to try and customize it, NOTHING HAPPENS. So I can't change it to show my folders and the likes on the Today screen. Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks in advance... Close Outlook. Click Start, Run, enter "c:\windows\ieuninst /q c:\windows\inf\q813489.inf", without the quotes, click OK. Computer should reboot itself. Test. "Ivan T Williams" <tw1511@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04f301c35221$10637de0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today screen on Out...

Using custom variables in receipts
Does anyone know how to assign or reassign values to custom variables conditionaly in receipts. I am trying to assign values to variables based on the certain department sales so that i can use them in calculations doing receipt processing(x, z, zz). <!-- Test Code to generate department values for custom entries on the report --> <FOR each = "ReportDepartment"> <!-- <ROW> Report.Department.Name "|" Report.Department.Sales "|" Report.Department.PercentageSales </ROW> --> <IF><condi...

Is it posible to have a date/text field in an access db
Can I have a date field that is also a text field? In some instances a date is not required and it is important that it is specified as NA in that field. =?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0?= <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:FC4D71FD-5D6E-43D0-A5A4-DD7AD207D038@microsoft.com: > Can I have a date field that is also a text field? In some > instances a date is not required and it is important that it is > specified as NA in that field. > No. You can add a checkbox beside the date to store true or false associated with N/A, and use that to hide the textbox on a form or r...

8K row size error while importing customization
Hi, I am getting an error similar to one above while importing the customization for account and opportunity on CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2005 as the database. I am using the import customization class provided in sample code for 3.0.5 sdk. I able to import the same customization on CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2000 as the database. ...

Upgrade CRM 3.0 with customizations to CRM 4.0
Hello, I have been trying to upgrade our CRM installation in a non-production environment. The upgrade would go perfectly if we did not have customizations. The upgrade always fails on the customizations. I am working on a virtual server that is a copy of the production server. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Heidi Hi, CRM installation creates a log file which can be found at. C:\Documents and Settings\<Installing user name>\Application Data \Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs you may find the actual error in there. If you do not know haw to read the log you can send me the text fil...

Docvar, TOC, fields
Hi, I'm new here and my questions will probably prove that ;-) I'm a little spoiled with programming in VBA-Word. Does Publisher has TOC fields, Heading 1 etc, maybe some document variables I can use? I can't find thing like that. If it omitting these stuff is there another way to mimic this? Regards, Marcel Marcel <m.kollenaarNO@SPAMhome.nl> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm a little spoiled with programming in VBA-Word. Does Publisher has > TOC fields, Heading 1 etc, maybe some document variables I can use? a) The correct newsgroup for VBA questi...

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Custom Drawn List Control
Dear All, I have made a custom drawn list box. I have the style set on LV_EX_SELECTROW. The problem I am encountering is that it won't select the the custom drawn item (column 1) of my list box. I have tried putting this code in my PREPAINT part of my custom draw but the focus rectangle doesn't show in that portion. Is there anyway to get that same FULL SELECT ROW look with a custom drawn item? Vivek ...

can't customize toolbar

Customizing Outlook Today #7
I am having trouble with Customizing Outlook Today. In a nut shell, nothing happens when I click on the link. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. I always get a number of errors during the installation process: 1. Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access Database, ODBC error 6: Component not found in registry. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it. 2. Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: dBASE files, ODBC error 6: Component not found in registry. Verify that the file dBASE files exists and that y...

Charging customers
We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains. We just upgraded to GP 10.0 and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter. I have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security setting I have wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks Angie Starting with the basics, did you get the V10 installation package of CCA? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Angie" wrote: > We use Credit Card Advan...