Custom View for Managers

I have been asked to create a view for the managers in my group where they
can see for just their directs the time they have posted to their tasks.  Can
someone explain how i can do that.

If they are using My Tasks and submitting time to the PM's for approval and
getting those hours approved and loaded into the schedule and then
re-published back out, you could create a data analysis view using the
MSP_Portfolio_Analysis Cube that shows the resource actual hours vs. planned
hours and/or baseline hours along with any project or resource custom field
information.  For example, if you have a custom lookup table that specifies
who the manager is, then you could use that to filter the resource
information for each manager by that value.  Or you could use the RBS values
if you set up an RBS in your environment

However, if you are only using My Timesheets, you will have to do a Data
Analysis view using the Timesheet cube which has very limited project and
resource information.  It only has the project name and resource name and no
other project or resource related information.  Also, since it is taking
snapshots of the resource and project data at the time of the timesheet
creation, you could potentially have different project name or resource name
information if the project name or resource name has changed during
production use.

Jonathan

"Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been asked to create a view for the managers in my group where they
> can see for just their directs the time they have posted to their tasks.
> Can
> someone explain how i can do that.

0
Jonathan

Connecting to HQ Manager via IP address
Is it possible to connect to HQ from outside the HQ network? I would like to be able to specify the IP and port like you do in HQ Client to enable me to run HQ Manager from a store location or home office to connect to the HQ database. Any suggestions? -- Dan Rishworth hi Dan, yes it is possible the thing you need is static IP , you can use the ADSL /DSL connection for it and request your ISP to give you dedicated IP that IP you can put to your HQ server (make sure give some security to HQ machine) and then from anywhere in this world you can access your HQ by giving the public IP ...

Custom Button #2
Hi I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description What sould I put on Comand ? Hello: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/rms_create_custom_button.mspx Wilfredo "Gill" wrote: > Hi > I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description > What sould I put on Comand ? Don't know if you found your answer but this is how you do it: Leave ItemID as 0 and just put in the ItemLookupCode, if you want a Matrix put in the MatrixLookupCode. PerformAddItem 0, ITEMLOOKUPCODE, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 Rob ...

customizing contact data where is the master?
somehow i have a "1" in the area code master field but can't get it to hold the real area code. any idea where i go in the program to change the basic of the contact record? sometime i get soooo tired... *sigh* thanks ...

Custom Animation Trigger Reset
I have a custom animation scheme set up in PowerPoint 2007 using triggers on rectangles to pop-up text boxes. I used the triggers to allow for randomization in the training, but can't figure out how to allow for people to keep reclicking on the rectangles at random. Any ideas, or another way to achieve this? ...

Format Cells Custom Forumula?
How do I interpret (#,##0_);[Red](#,##0) or other similar formulas so I can figure out what is wrong or create a new one for a specific situation? I looked throughout help but couldn't find anything. I know this one rounds the value of the formula and spaces it so if it is a negagive it doesn't mess up the spacing on the page, but I don't know how to read the actual formula to determine what does what. Thanks, Mike See "About custom number formats" in XL Help. In article <F2FEC468-63AE-4F9C-BE97-ED44A6D5CDED@microsoft.com>, Mike King <Mike King@discussi...

Distribute campaign activity with a custom form
Hi all, I need to customize the "letter" activity form with new fields. Then within a campaign, I want to distribute using the canal "letter" a campaign activity but unfortunatly, CRM cancels the distributing process with the error : "L'opération Campagne rapide n'a pas pu être exécutée en raison d'une erreur : 0x80041103. Pour plus d'informations, contactez votre administrateur système." It works perfectly if I leave the letter custom fields empty before distribution, but if I want to fill these fields with a defaul...

Customize Menu
I am trying to create a new custom menu in excel 97. Every time I close the program the menu disappears. Any help appreciated. Thank You Do you save it? "Nathan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ed301c40086$ee514e20$a601280a@phx.gbl... : I am trying to create a new custom menu in excel 97. Every : time I close the program the menu disappears. Any help : appreciated. : : Thank You : Where do I save this? I saved the sheet I was working on while I did it. >-----Original Message----- >Do you save it? > >"Nathan" <anony...

custom templates 11-02-09
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to custom format the settings for new sheets in Excel (when it launches I need it to default to the custom format that I've created). <br><br>I found very clear instructions in Excel Help on how to do this (it involves creating a custom format, saving it as .xltx naming it Sheet, clearing the APPEND FILE EXTENSION, and saving it in Office 2008/Office/Startup/Excel <br><br>But it didn't work! I keep going over the same steps. I've restarted my computer. What should I try n...

Chart of Accounts for Events Management
Dear All, - Can any body provide me with best practice structure for Chart of Accounts Events Management for Racing Circuit? And my concern the profit & loss account structure for cost & profit center. - Can I have my departments, events, etc. cost / profit center outside my chart of accounts? If yes where I will store those account since I want them mandatory if they are outside my chart of account. And what you suggest to keep them in my chart of accounts or outside it. Regards You can use any standard Chart of Accounts. The few accounts that are industry specific can b...

Outlook Views & Filters
We're using Exchange public folders & Outlook with various languages. Our views were setup in English and it seems Outlook views are language specific. Views setup with criteria (filtering views) in English fail to work properly on a German Windows machine. I have not located any posts on this issue. Can anyone provide some help or a solution? Thanks! Fred ...

Exch 5.5 SP4 Address book View Permissions
It looks like I have fallen into a trap with the Exch 5.5 SP4 update We recently decided to import a bunch of addresses from another location into our GAL and was overwhelmed (they have more folks than we do). I've never set up any Address Book Views before and everyone just sees the whole list of the GAL. With this influx of addresses, I decided I needed to set up Views to make it easier on everyone I can not set up a view. I get an error: You do not have the permissioins required to complete the operation Microsoft Exchange Director ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_R...

a small COM to custom IE printing from JSP,shareware.
I developd a COM to custom IE printing,for Microsoft=AE Internet Explorer 5.5 or later.It is not straightforward before I fixed several bugs.Ii is some kind of a simplified scriptx and easy to extend. May it help. Where is it? --- Ajay Not sure what your asking here. Do you have a problem with some of the code or are you offering a version up for download? Tom "ianrosengren" <ianrosengren@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1143622686.313406.8710@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... I developd a COM to custom IE printing,for Microsoft� Internet Explorer 5.5 or later.It is no...

Custome Colors?
When using textures and effects and things, can you use custom colors? Can you choose what color you want a texture to be? It doesn't seem to let me. Mark - It looks to me like the textures are built in, without the ability to edit them. For most cases where you can use a texture, you can also use a picture fill. You can probably find texture image files all over the internet, and use them instead. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Mark wrote: > When using textures and ef...

"Filtered" Views Behavior in CRM 4.0
We have recently upgraded our CRM3.0 to CRM4.0 on a test machine for evaluation purposes. We used to use some of those built in "Filtered..." views in CRM to obtain certain formatted data. During my investigation I found that these are not operating as expected in CRM 4.0. I will give an example: We used to access a view named: "FilteredQuote" , this used to display a lot of summarized information about quotes including FreightTermNames I discovered that all those "CodePLTable" such as FreightTermsCodePLTable, that suppose to return the label (name or c...

Custom colors on network chart
Excel 2000 In a workbook,I have a combination chart - having three series as area series with a custom color. There are also line series plotting over the area series. The area series colors were set using Tools>Options>Color, Select the color (from the palette), Modify, Custom, then the color was created. Works fine in the workbook chart. However, this chart has now become part of a PowerPoint slide show on a network, where, the custom color of the workbook does not carry over to the network users. Is there a way to program the custom colors to carry over to the network s...

custom a cell
How do make that when I enter 1234 its should come out 12.3 -- shlom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shlomo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=34680 Format > Cell > Number > change decimal and symbol -- Cissy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cissy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20107 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Autonumber Customer Number
Is there a way to automate the Customer Number field so that duplication does not occur? -- Karin Rhoton Hi, There are serveral ways of populating the customer automatically. I would suggest you to look into pre-callout customization. In your pre- callout, you can look through your existing customer number and add one to the latest customer number. then proceed with the save. It required some coding but it's not too bad. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 8:56 am, Karin Rhoton <KarinRho...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to aut...

CRM 3.0 doesn't send mail to customers
Hi All I've Installed CRM 3.0 on a domain, and a second Exchange Server 2003 to handle the users' mailboxes. The Exchange Router was installed, and the rules were deployed. I use the Web Client, and created a new customer (the DB is empty), and assigned an email address. But when I send a mail to that customer, the customer doesn't receipt the mail, but the customer's history shows as completed those mails. The second Exchange Server relays all mails to the first Exchange on the organisation. Any idea to put to work the mail? Thanks -- Luis Quiroz On Apr 16, 5...

View modifications
Is there a way to modify a defined view and have the changes applied to all folders? For example, suppose I have a simple installation with just ten mail folders. I define a new view and make it available to all folders in Outlook. Any time I try to modify the defined view, the changes are only propagated to the folder that was active when the view definition was modified. I want to modify a custom defined view and have all folders get the changes. I've made a small macro based on the perl script you can find at http://www.rallenhome.com/scripting.html and http://www.rallen...

View Menu is invisible
Hi, My Excel does not show "View" on the Menu Bar. Can somebody help me in making my Excel's View Menu visible. Regards, Ajay Varshney Tools|customize|Select worksheet menu bar click Reset This will reset any of your customized changes to the worksheet menu bar. Ajay wrote: > > Hi, > > My Excel does not show "View" on the Menu Bar. Can somebody help me in > making my Excel's View Menu visible. > > Regards, > Ajay Varshney -- Dave Peterson On Dec 18, 6:27=A0pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > Tools|cust...

What is "Office Standard 2010 Key Management Service Host"
Hi All, On my open license download page, I found an entry for "Office Standard 2010 Key Management Service Host". Anyone know what this is? Many thanks, -T KMS is Key Management Service. In the 2007 Microsoft Office system and previous versions of Microsoft Office, you had to enter a product key when you deployed Office. If you use Key Management Service (KMS), you do not have to do this for Office 2010, because all volume license editions of Office 2010 have a KMS client key preinstalled. Only one key must be installed and activated on the Office 2010 KMS host ...

Blackberry and Business Contact Manager
I just acquired a Blackberry 7100T. When I went to install the desktop manager and it kept crashing I called RIM. They informed me that Blackberry Desktop Manager will not fuction with Outlook 2003 unless I uninstall BCM. I used to be able to use their 7230 model with BCM, and they told me it was just a fluke. Please tell me that Microsoft is working with RIM to incorporate BCM to play nicely with Outlook BCM don't you know that Microsoft makes sure you can only use their software so it conflicts with others... "Stewart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

One-Time Customers (Vendors) in GP 9.0
We just installed GP 9.0 (Sales, Purchasing, FIxed Assets and Financial) in our organization and it works great!! We are a retail outlet and do not track or maintain customer personal info like address, phone #, etc. However, sometimes we have to make refunds to these customers, (after proof of purchase, of course). My question: How do we avoid creating multiple vendor names for these people since they are just one-time payments? Today, we created 14 different vendor names for refunds totalling less than $1,000.00. Is there a way we can create a dummy account (called CorpRefunds) that ...

Exchange System Manager for trusted Exchange Org.
Hello all, Is there any way to open Exchange System Manager for different Exchange Org/different domain (similar to "Connect To..." option in "Active Directory Users and Computers")? Thanks in advance, Victor Not supported: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813636 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Victor Geyyer" <Victor Geyyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91764FE1-F2D2-4010-8869-A3B17FA24A6A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > Is t...

Can I embedded a View in a TabCtrl
Ok, I'm writing a CAD program and I want a certain look which I can't figure out how to make work. I want a window with horizontal and vertical scroll bars. I also want a row of tabs outside this window along the bottom to control the layers. All this embedded in an SDI frame. How do I do this? 1. What I Have Now I have embedded Horizontal and Vertical Scroll bars inside a TabCtrl which is embedded in a plain CView. The downside is I have to do all the scrolling stuff myself. At the moment, the scrolling part is not working very well. 2. What I Think Might Work Create a CScr...