Custom fields in Gantt chart formats in PWA

All,

How do I add custom fields to Gantt chart formats in PWA? Also, how can i
setup and use the "Custom Durations 1-10" available in the Gantt chart
formats?

Any help appreciated!!!
--
Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS

Prasanna --

The answer to both questions is "You can't."  You cannot add custom fields
to the list of fields for Gantt Chart formats.  Nor have I ever found a way
to use the Custom Durations 1-10 available for Gantt Chart formats.  Hope
this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Prasanna Adavi" <PrasannaAdavi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> How do I add custom fields to Gantt chart formats in PWA? Also, how can i
> setup and use the "Custom Durations 1-10" available in the Gantt chart
> formats?
>
> Any help appreciated!!!
> --
> Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS

0
Dale
6/2/2010 8:55:32 PM
Thank you Dale.
--
Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> Prasanna --
>
> The answer to both questions is "You can't."  You cannot add custom fields
> to the list of fields for Gantt Chart formats.  Nor have I ever found a way
> to use the Custom Durations 1-10 available for Gantt Chart formats.  Hope
> this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "Prasanna Adavi" <PrasannaAdavi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > How do I add custom fields to Gantt chart formats in PWA? Also, how can i
> > setup and use the "Custom Durations 1-10" available in the Gantt chart
> > formats?
> >
> > Any help appreciated!!!
> > --
> > Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS

Prasanna --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

--

> Thank you Dale.
> --
> Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS
>

> "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Prasanna --
>>
>> The answer to both questions is "You can't."  You cannot add custom
>> fields
>> to the list of fields for Gantt Chart formats.  Nor have I ever found a
>> way
>> to use the Custom Durations 1-10 available for Gantt Chart formats.  Hope
>> this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "Prasanna Adavi" <PrasannaAdavi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > All,
>> >
>> > How do I add custom fields to Gantt chart formats in PWA? Also, how can
>> > setup and use the "Custom Durations 1-10" available in the Gantt chart
>> > formats?
>> >
>> > Any help appreciated!!!
>> > --
>> > Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS

0
Dale

Gantt Chart in Excel. Do I need conditional formatting?
Hello all. I have created a Gantt chart that shows approx. 15 tasks in each project. I am using this to show percentage of completion for each task. It is working just fine and looks great but I need it to insert a date when a task is at 100% completion to show the client the date that particular task was completed. How would I do this without ruining my chart I already have working fine? I know this is probably easy to do but I cannot seem to keep the rest of the chart intact. Is conditional formatting the answer? Thanks! You could use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to do this: h...

multiple conditional formats
How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats You can't. You would have to use a VBA macro to apply the formatting, which would be static and not change with changes in the cell values -- you'd have to run the macro again. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats You can use ...

Percentage format lost
I have a form with an unbound text box whose row source type is this select query: SELECT CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType, CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub], CheckFinalPercentages.SumOfPERCOUT AS Pct FROM CheckFinalPercentages ORDER BY CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType DESC , CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub]; The query runs fine and returns the SumOfPERCOUT in percent format when I run the query...it used to return it in percent format also on the form, but I must have done something that made me lose it. Now, each time I open the form, the third column is returned in number format (1...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

Excel VBA
I have created a custom menu bar..a section of the code below...but d not know how to create a 2nd level to look like the example below. Period > Month > Current Year (action) Any suggestions. Thanks. ' Add a new menu Set NewMenu = NewMenuBar.Controls.Add _ (Type:=msoControlPopup) NewMenu.Caption = "&Period" ' Add a new menu item Set NewItem = NewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) With NewItem .Caption = "&By Month" .OnAction = "Main" End Wit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should find your answer here (...

format changes on pivot table although preserve formatting is che.
Post the question the body of the message, subject lines get truncated -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Aannd" <Aannd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:282F34F1-42CA-4F0A-8A62-A71C64E30741@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I change the format of how my active cell in Excel is view.
I sometimes have trouble locating which cell is active in my Excel worksheet. I would like to be able to change it to something other than just a heavy black border. Here is one way that highlights the row and column of the activecell. Private Sub WorkSheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target.EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35 End With With Target.EntireColumn .FormatConditions.Delete .FormatConditions.Add T...

Conditional formatting of text
Greetings, all - I am creating a simple spreadsheet template to be distributed to users for data entry purposes. The first column contains the names of the desired data elements. The second column contains the definition for each data element. The definitions are formatted in red text. I intend for the user to remove the definition and replace it with the proper information for each element. For example: Data Element Definition 1.0 LastName The last name of the person to whom questions about the sample should be directed. The user would replace ...

Help on displaying recession periods in a financial/ stock chart
Using excel version (10.6501.6626)sp3 How do you shade the chart background to show economic recession periods in a financial/ stock chart. I've fiddled with the drawing function-rectangle box, transparency, etc- but it isn't very satisfactory since it corrupts the column/ line colors and usually washes out when printed. So that doesn't appear to be the solution. And after checking thru Microsoft help and the discussion group messages I haven't found a message addressing my problem. Since we see charts all the time with the recession periods shown I know there is a way to acco...

Signature format changes in replies with Outlook 2007
Hi We are using Outlook 2007 and are finding that our signatures will sometimes change font and spacing in reply messages. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks ...

Publisher File formats
I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif' Can I not save in anything but pub? Thanks Ray, It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006101c3dc62$7649ce40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I > save the f...

Conditional Format #23
I want to format the background of cell to a10 red if a10 is currently empty and the length of the string in a5 is 1. Can somone offer the correct syntax for the conditional format of a10 as everything I try fails. Thanks, Fred You need a condition of Formula is and a formula of =AND(A10="",LEN(A5)=1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EBDDC73-FED7-451F-BCF3-A0E819888027@microsoft.com... > I want to format the background of cell to a10 red if a10 is currently...

Change column color in chart when column value is over/under goal
No use of VBA or macros expected. It is believed to be Excel chart feature. Any ideas on how to change column colors (Red/Green) if value exceeds or meets the preset goal. Eg. if goal is 4% - anything at or above 4 should show green and under 4 should be red. Assuming your data is in A2:A20 B2: =IF(A2>=4,A2,NA()) C2: =IF(A2<4,A2,NA()) copy B2:C2 down, add some labels to B1:C1, then chart B1:C20. This will give you two series, one for the aboves, one for the rest. Select each data series, right click, choose format, and set the colour as required. -- --- HTH Bob (there's ...

how to create a field based on many different conditions
Hi, I'm trying to create a field based on many different conditions in Make Table Query in Access 2003, e.g., if VAR1 and VAR2 meet certain condition, assign a value "A" to the new field "Category"; if VAR1 and VAR2 meet other condition, assign a value "B" to "Category" so on and so forth. I keep getting separate field for each condition, something like "Expr1023". Please help! Thank you! Since you haven't provided the expression or SQL statement, I will assume it is quite complex. I would remove the complexity from the query ...

Excel Hyperlink on Chart
Hello, Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? Thanks. Bill Hi AFAIK not possible (or at least not without a huge amount of vBA code) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, >select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? > >Thanks. > >Bill > > >. > ...

Search a field
Hi, I'd like to have a small button next to specific fields in my form, which when clicked, will allow the user to search all records relating to that field. In my case my serached vehicle will be Vehicle Regstration, Surname, Reference and Accident Date. Is there an easy way to do this? Regards, Ritchie. Put a command button on the form. When you start command button it will run a wizard for the setup. Tell it you want a search function. After the search button is ready, run it and set up the search procedure you want. "RitchieJHicks" wrote: > > Hi, > >...

How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week?
How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week? I know what a 'to do' list means but what does a 'to do chart' mean? Is it for assigning tasks to individuals on a rotating basis (like chores for the family)? What is the context for one? What do you expect to see on it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <70B3488F-D17B-4182-9E30-7A766472E875@microsoft.com>, kayleigh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How do I make a to do chart for every day of ...

[External Copy or SYLK] file format is not valid
I am moving to a new computer. I have WIN98SE on my old computer and WIN XP on the new one. I have Excel 97 and I am trying to transfer my data to the new computer. I get the above message when I try to open a file in XP. What is the problem? Thanks in advance, Bill. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Data format in pivot table
I am running a Pivot table on some swim data. Even though the data is formatted the same way "mm:ss.00", the fraction of the second is not showing up or is not part of the numbers in the Pivot table. Pivot table data Back 25 Breast 25 Fly 25 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:31.00 00:33.00 00:31.00 00:36.00 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:23.00 00:25.00 00:24.00 Data the Pivot table is based on 7 CMSA-SE 00:21.87 00:21.49 6 BMAC-SE 00:22.95 00:21.91 7 BMAC-SE 00:23.13 00:22.16 6 BMAC-SE 00:27.97 00:22.63 8 BMAC-SE 00:21.07 00:22.70 7 UN-SE 00:00.00 00:22.94 6 CMSA-SE 00:26.36 00...

changing the axis fonts of charts
Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size o charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried recording one when you did it manually? If you can't generalize it, post the code that you came up with and I bet you get a better response. "cdegar01 <" wrote: > > Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size of > charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? > > Thanks! > > --- > Message posted from http://ww...

Custom Reports in Reports not available??
2 questions... 1. I just figured out how to download the reports available. I just realized that when I go to reports in store operations manager, the custom reports option is not available. Is there a reason for this? How can I fix this? 2. I really need to do a report on customers. I need to know how much money a list of customers has spent between certain dates. I can't seem to get any of my report options to let me do all of those things at once. EX. customers that spent greater than or equal to $50 between 11/1/06 and 12/31/06 and to have it list the total sales for that time fr...

Combination Stacked Bar with Single Bar Chart
Greeting Excel Pros, I would like to create a stacked bar chart with a single bar. My spreatsheet layout is below: Col A Col B Col C.......ColU Line #1 Sept 06 Oct 06......Nov 06.....Apr 08 2 Orig 10 5 15 20 3 ADD 1 Data Begins Feb 07 4 Mar Data Begins Mar 07 5 Add 2 Data Begins Feb 07 6 Jun Data Begins Jun 07 7 Add 3 Data Begins F...

XML format enforcement
I wish to write some kind of XML format enforcer like DTD, XSD or other that can do the following: (1) Any element and node must have Type attribute that can be read as data type by the parser. (1) Any element and node may have (optional) four more attributes. I XML enforcer should allow any tree structure and any number of nodes in any tree. Does anyone can tell how it's possible? Any example will be most appreciated. -- Thanks Sharon Sharon wrote: > I wish to write some kind of XML format enforcer like DTD, XSD or other that > can do the following: > (1) Any element a...

Custom Fileds
How do you add a drop down list (custom field) to the activities for an account and Is it possible to remove some of the buttons on the side under Sales like quotes, invoices, etc...? Robert, You add custom fields through the deployment manager. Once you have selected the table you want to add a field and choosen Add Schema Field, you will be presented with what kind of field you want to create. Among your choices is a picklist. -Jason "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0909FBA0-B107-48D2-AB3C-BA46FF131EF4@microsoft.com... > How do you ...