I am wondering how/what formula would be needed for creating a custom field
at the project level to show when a project has at least one task that is
past due.  I have a custom field at the task level (IIf([Finish]<[Current
Date] And [% Complete]<100,1,2)) that will show when an individual task is
overdue, but I want to add a custom field to the Project Center > Summary
view to show when a project has any overdue tasks.  The PM can then drill
down from there into the project and see exactly what tasks are overdue.
Once I figure out the formula for this I want to assign graphical indicators
similar to my task level formula, but I should be able to handle that aspect
(hopefully!)

Hi Robert,

I suggest to change your formula to (IIf([Finish]<[Current
Date] And [% Complete]<100,1,0). This field has to be a Number field to get
the Rollup functionality. Choose Maximum in there (that’s the reason why I
changed your 2 to 0). In graphical indicators you need only to specify icons
for the values 1 and 0. Change criteria for Summary rows and Project Summary
to “Inherit criteria from non-summary rows” to get this information for all
task levels. Add this field to a Project Details view.

After that create a second custom field for entity project of type number.
Use formula [Your field name of task level]. Define your graphical
indicators. Add this field to a Project Center view.

Restart Project Professional to make your fields available and re-publish
your projects. After that you should see your indicators in your modified
views.
I hope that does answer your question.

Barbara

"Robert Juarez" wrote:

> I am wondering how/what formula would be needed for creating a custom field
> at the project level to show when a project has at least one task that is
> past due.  I have a custom field at the task level (IIf([Finish]<[Current
> Date] And [% Complete]<100,1,2)) that will show when an individual task is
> overdue, but I want to add a custom field to the Project Center > Summary
> view to show when a project has any overdue tasks.  The PM can then drill
> down from there into the project and see exactly what tasks are overdue.
> Once I figure out the formula for this I want to assign graphical indicators
> similar to my task level formula, but I should be able to handle that aspect
> (hopefully!)
Thanks, that worked perfectly =D

"Barbara - Austria" wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I suggest to change your formula to (IIf([Finish]<[Current
> Date] And [% Complete]<100,1,0). This field has to be a Number field to get
> the Rollup functionality. Choose Maximum in there (that’s the reason why I
> changed your 2 to 0). In graphical indicators you need only to specify icons
> for the values 1 and 0. Change criteria for Summary rows and Project Summary
> to “Inherit criteria from non-summary rows” to get this information for all
> task levels. Add this field to a Project Details view.
>
> After that create a second custom field for entity project of type number.
> Use formula [Your field name of task level]. Define your graphical
> indicators. Add this field to a Project Center view.
>
> Restart Project Professional to make your fields available and re-publish
> your projects. After that you should see your indicators in your modified
> views.
> I hope that does answer your question.
>
> Barbara
>
> "Robert Juarez" wrote:
>
> > I am wondering how/what formula would be needed for creating a custom field
> > at the project level to show when a project has at least one task that is
> > past due.  I have a custom field at the task level (IIf([Finish]<[Current
> > Date] And [% Complete]<100,1,2)) that will show when an individual task is
> > overdue, but I want to add a custom field to the Project Center > Summary
> > view to show when a project has any overdue tasks.  The PM can then drill
> > down from there into the project and see exactly what tasks are overdue.
> > Once I figure out the formula for this I want to assign graphical indicators
> > similar to my task level formula, but I should be able to handle that aspect
> > (hopefully!)

Round up a decimal in a query field
Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in Access. Can anyone help? Function:round([tablename!fieldname,2]) I think. It may be round([tablesname!fieldname],2) "bigomega73" wrote: > Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query > field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in > Access. Can anyone help? Thanks Golfinray, but that only rounds to the nearest decimal place. What I want is the numb...

Required fields
I need to set up some VB code to alert the inputter that they need to complete a couple of required fields depending on the value of a third field. At present I have some code (below) attached to the BeforeUpdate event of the form that checks for one of the fields but I need to extend it to the 2nd field and I don't know how to. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.[NYSPA Received] And IsNull(Me.Date_NYSPA_Received) And Me.New_Cease = "New" Then MsgBox "Date NYSPA Received is required" & vbCrLf & "Record will not be saved&q...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

require completion of a task
i have a task that automatically generates in crm when a lead is created. i want to require that this task is completed before converting to an opportunity. Any suggestions on how to do this. wendi Wendi, That is an interesting scenario, and not one I'm sure there is an easy answer for. Hopefully one of the other folks will have a better idea, but it looks to me like you'll need a bit of custom programming called a "callout" that looks at the "pre-create" of the Opportunity and checks to see if that task is completed before it will allow the Opportunity t...

how to retrieve varbinary field through ADO inVC++?

Print Tasks Outlook 2007 Q.
I would love to print out a listing of all my tasks. Unfortunatly, I cannot think of how to do this. I can select my desired list of tasks but when I print it out, they only print one page to a task. How can I print a listing of tasks that will be more like the display? Respectfully, Jonathan Morningstar Greenville, South Carolina USA How and where in Outlook are you "selecting my desired list of Tasks?" Have you made a filtered view of the Tasks Folder? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 us...

Project Accounting workstation install
After installing and registering PA on the server, do I have to run through the PA install on all of the workstations as well? If so, is there a way to mass install to all of them? or do I have to do it workstation by workstation? Hi, In GP10, PA objects initialization is invoked when you launch GP utilities after adding PA feature, this is one-off process for each company databases. However, you have to perform the GP-PA client installation process (adding PA feature) on each machine with GP 10, this will convert the chunk file (.CNK) to resource dictionaries associated wi...

Any idea how to delete a custom portfolio view???
Anytime I select a custom portfolio view within Money 06 Deluxe Trial, it crashes Money and I have to reinstall (and not select that particular view) in order to use the Portfolio Manager function w/in Money. Money '05 Deluxe did the same thing, hence my "upgrade" to '06 Deluxe Trial. In what I thought was more than a strange coincidence, the same thing happened when I used Money online through MSN. It crashed Internet Explorer and now if I select Portfolio online, Internet Explorer must close. Any potential solutions other than deleting the view are most welcome. Thanks...

sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-12-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in entourage, and vice versa...? On 2/12/10 2:29 PM, in article 59bb2be3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cccryer@officeformac.com" <cccryer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in > entourage, and vice versa...? Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync? <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_ta...

Calculated Fields
Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a calculated field in a pivot table? When I try, I get all 0s as the result. Can you type a small sample of the pivot table layout and data, and explain what you'd like to calculate with a SUMIF formula? Jim C. wrote: > Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a > calculated field in a pivot table? When I try, I get all > 0s as the result. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi Jim, > Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a > calculated f...

Populating an IMAP "To:" field
I let this bug me for almost 2 years, but it *IS* Possible, as the following points out (contrary to the lack of responses and denial posted elsewhere in these microsoft misinformation forums): For Outlook 2000/XP/2002: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284371 For Outlook 2003: 1) Select the IMAP mail folder with the broken/empty "To:" field. 2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Rules and Alerts..." 3) Select the IMAP account for this folder (should be pre-selected) 4) Click the "New Rule..." button 5) Select the "Start from a blank rule" r...

copy and paste into excel
I am trying to set up a sheet into which i can copy and paste various items into a group of cells? and upon being pasted into the group the item will be automatically shrunk to fit the size of the cells it was pasted into, rather than expanding them to fits its size. Any ideas anyone?????? Hi, try copy data and paste them like: Edit/Paste Special/Values. It does not change the size of the columns. Marian Hi, What about 'format cells' 'Alignment' and check "shrink to fit"? That is under Text Control - is that any use??? Cheers, Mark copying+pasting into cell...

Copy and Paste question
I have a macro that copies and pastes a large amount of data. After it has run I get the question: " There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. Do you want to [keep it]?" Could someone please tell me how I can avoid this question being asked as I never wish to keep the data? Many thanks Insert this line after the pasting is done, it will clear the clipboard: Application.CutCopyMode = False hth knut egil "Richard" <rgarwell@jaguar.invalid> skrev i melding news:bpi1ee$cf71@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > I have a macro that copies and pastes a l...

Office 2004 Project Gallery
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In the main screen of the Office 2004 Project Gallery, there are icons for things like �Mail Message� and �Calendar Event�. How can I add, for example, �Address Book Entry� or �Task� to the Project Gallery? --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

Custom App for RMS
Hello all, I am a medium size retailer on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I work for a watersports company called REAL Kiteboarding. We are a kiteboarding retail shop and also teach kiteboarding camps and lessons. Currently we are using Yahoo calendar to manage our camp/lesson schedule with our current POS. I have just figured setting up RMS SO and HQ to get our store running on a better POS system then what we have. I am now looking for a way to integrate a custom calendar/ booking solution with RMS to make bookings of our camps and lessons easier and more fail safe. Would any of ...

auto populating account id field
Does anyone know of any 3rd parties that already have this customization? I'm wanting my account to automatically be assigned an account ID when I transfer my lead to an account and then have this ID be sent to Great Plains to create the account in GP. I know CRM doesn't have this function right out of the box, but I can't let my users type in their own ID. Thanks, Jen ...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Need Help Using A Custom Session Manager
Hi. I have some questions about session management. I have decided to use a custom session manager class to have more control over session state in my web site. I have started out by using Stephan Prodan's Session Class here: http://stefanprodan.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3DC%2523 You'll need to take a look (which I appreciate immensely) to get a sense of what I am talking about. 1) My first question pertains to how I persist and access my session information after a user authenticates (or doesn't). In his exam...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Trying to use Outlook Tasks
Please help me! Recently, at my job, we switched from using Lotus Organizer, to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (SP2). I really like it, overall, but I’m having a lot of trouble with the “Tasks” portion of it. Under the “Current View” of “Simple List,” I typed in about 30 Tasks that I need to get done. I didn’t specify a category then, so they all went under the category of “none.” By right clicking on the “Categories: (none) (30 items),” and selecting “Categories,” “Master Category List,” I was able to type in the categories that I wanted to use. When I clicked “Ok,” the cat...

Ready task bar
In excel, on the bottom of the page on the right hand side on the Ready tool bar are 3 or 4 cells which I believe MS adds to the screens to for added tools. In one of these cells is the count total, max, min, ave, sum and when you right click on it you can select one of these to use in the worksheet. My question is, how do I add this tool if it is gone? I had it, but now it is gone, which I do not know how it disappeared. If any one knows, please email me and if you know how to add additional tools to this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you try tools>options>view>...