Convert Project 2007 into P3

Hi guys

I have a programme in 2007 format, but the client now wants it in P3 format.

I can't seem to save it as a .MPX file or get the XL import to work.

Would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Many thanks

Dom

Can you not just open it up in Pro 2003 directly?

Can you save it as a Microsoft Project 2000-2003 (mpp) file format directly?

"DomMcg" <DomMcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys
>
> I have a programme in 2007 format, but the client now wants it in P3
> format.
>
> I can't seem to save it as a .MPX file or get the XL import to work.
>
> Would greatly appreciate some guidance.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Dom

0
Jonathan
1/25/2010 6:07:35 PM
Sorry, I just realized you meant converting to Primavera.  I don't know the
answer to your question.

Jonathan

"Jonathan Sofer [MVP]" <jonathan.sofer.msps@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can you not just open it up in Pro 2003 directly?
>
> Can you save it as a Microsoft Project 2000-2003 (mpp) file format
> directly?
>
> "DomMcg" <DomMcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I have a programme in 2007 format, but the client now wants it in P3
>> format.
>>
>> I can't seem to save it as a .MPX file or get the XL import to work.
>>
>> Would greatly appreciate some guidance.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Dom

0
Jonathan
1/25/2010 6:13:33 PM
There is no converter on the market or a format that both can save and read.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"DomMcg" <DomMcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys
>
> I have a programme in 2007 format, but the client now wants it in P3
> format.
>
> I can't seem to save it as a .MPX file or get the XL import to work.
>
> Would greatly appreciate some guidance.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Dom

0
Gary
1/25/2010 7:20:30 PM
Dom, you may want to ask this question to Primavera
--
Marc Soester [MVP]
http://www.i-pmo.com.au

"DomMcg" wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I have a programme in 2007 format, but the client now wants it in P3 format.
>
> I can't seem to save it as a .MPX file or get the XL import to work.
>
> Would greatly appreciate some guidance.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Dom

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

need to reload 2007 home/student have prod key
where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Where is the CD? On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Sorry that was not very helpful. If you had the CD you would not be posting here. The only thing I could find was a 60 day Office professional trial. http://trial.trymicrosoftoffice.com/ HTH http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/ ...

Opening Screen in 2007
Using Office 2007 When one of my users open Publisher, she sees a "Getting Started With Publisher" screen when she must choose "blank page size" and then navigate through all the blank page sizes that are available to find the standard 8 1/2 by 11. This happens every time she launches Publisher. Another user opens Publisher and immediately has a blank page that is 8 1/2 by 11 and is ready for typing. I have looked under Tools / Customize and Tools / Options to find the place to uncheck the getting started screen as the opening screen. Cannot find what I'm loo...

Problem converting from MSXML2 to MSXML4 in C#
I had a piece of code working fine with MSXML2 (it does an open get and then a send, returning the webpage of the url in the get) but my server is hosted by a company that uses MSXML4 - help? I added a reference to MSXML4 - I right clicked on my project name -> clicked Add Reference -> Went to Com tab ->Chose Microsoft XML v4.0 c: \windows\system32\msxml4.dll It asked if I wanted to replace MSXML2 and I said yes - I regret this as I think it has now screwed something up. I removed the using MSXML2; at the top of my C# and replaced it with using MSXML4; but when I try typing MSXML4 the...

Enter Different values in Project Server and get in Reporting
I want to know actually I will create a report in reporting tool. I want to enter different values which may be numeric and text and may be select from drop down list which i will enter in my project at project professional . and when the report will be create in reporting tool. the values which i entered in my project may be in project information dialog box and other way will be display at report. my first question is How I can enter different values which for my project in project professional. and these values will be at published database or in reporting database or I ...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

Can pdfs be imported into Publisher 2007?
I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? KSEditor wrote: > I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have > been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to > .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? ==================================== For import into Pub 2007...converting .pdfs to an image format is still the best option. Have a look at the following info from Ed Benn...

I need help with a biology project on the Hardy-Weinberg Equilibri
Hi, I am trying to do a graph for biology 1102, the problem it has been years since I had the first half. if someone would please lead me in the right direction for this data. date frequency of L ( large wing size) frequency of l ( small wing size) 1949 0.3 0.7 1959 0.3 0.7 1969 0.4 0.6 1979 0.2 0.8 1989 0.3 ...

Looking for guidance on integrating large assembler content into VC project.
I have a quite large block of assembler code, 50 subroutines accessed via just a couple of top level subs. I want to access these top level subs from my VC7 project. I have looked at the __asm inline assembler option but can't see how I can author the subs properly. Should I be using MASM ? Could somebody please advise? "Jo" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message news:a19emvshanokh7qb19ir13o13thlotk0p0@4ax.com... > I have a quite large block of assembler code, 50 subroutines accessed > via just a couple of top level subs. I want to access the...

Converting from VS 2003 to VS 2005
I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS 2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are working. Does anyone have any ideas? Chris "Chris Day" ha scritto nel messaggio news:20089248422chris.day@onwight.net... >I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS >2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are >working. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi Chris, do you compile in Unicode mode in VC++ 2005? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that VC++2005 removes new XP ...

2003 format in 2007?
I'm used to Outlook 2003, but I just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007. I view a week at a time, and I prefer the calendar format in 2003 -- it shows the whole week in two columns and I didn't have to scroll. Is there a way I can use the same format in 2007? No, unfortunately that view had to be removed to enabled calendar overlay. Try a two week view: http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dai...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277903.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

"Print to Scale" Excel 2007 Charts
In Excel 2003, one could double-click a chart, print, and the chart would auto-size to fill a page. I am unable to print my newly-created Excel 2007 charts so they auto-size to print one-to-a-page (now requires several time-consuming steps for reformatting titles, axes, etc.). I do not have a "print to scale" option in my page setup. Printing to a Ricoh Aficio AP610N. Thanks so much. I will assume we are talking of an embedded chart (one sitting on a worksheet) and not a chart sheet. In Excel 2003 (all earlier) you did not double click, you just single clicked to...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

Convert hh:mm:ss to seconds?
I am inputting two times as h:mm:ss and subtracting them. I am trying to get the final answer as seconds. The only thing I can think of is trying to use LEFT and RIGHT to separate hh, mm and ss, multiply to convert the hh and mm to seconds, and then add to get total seconds. One - the LEFT and RIGHT don't seem to want to work for me - I keep getting decimal answers, even with a hh:mm:ss format. Two - is there an easier way? Ed Hi Ed Multiply by 86400 and format as decimal. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:uxdZXHozFHA...

Outlook 2007 Clients can't connect
I posted a similar question yesterday to the guys over at microsoft.public.exchange.setup as well, to maybe attack this issue from an Exchange server perspective. Maybe the folks over here can offer some insight, as this may be a client issue. I have a new Exchange 2007 server. New Outlook 2003 clients can connect just fine. Outlook 2007 clients tested on both XP and Vista, fail. The error I'm seeing is: "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and you are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlo...

2007 charting problems
Is anybody having these problems, and can anybody tell me how to fix them? 1. In Excel 2003, I could select a range of cells and drag them into a chart and they would be pasted as a new series into the chart. Is this feature gone in 2007? 2. When I have a rotated Y-axis label, I can click on the text and see an insert cursor, but when I start typing, only the first letter appears in the label and the rest end up in the formula bar. When I hit enter, only the new text from the formula bar shows up in the label. 1) Just Copy the range, right click the chart and use Paste 2) Do not use ...

Line chart categoray axis labels issue
Hi, I have two problems (bugs perhaps) that I need o find a way to work around in Excel 2007. They both concern the category (x) axis (text) labels in line charts. I normally shy away from line charts entirely but, in the given instance I need to use them. First question: when you first create the line chart, and when you set the labels for the category axis, Excel automatically rotates the labels to get them to fit as well as possible. However, if you go in to the Format Axis> Alignment>Custom Angle box and enter a value, I can find no way of reenabling Excels automatic selectio...

Converting cells
Hello! My problem is that I cannot see the $ sign in Format Cell window when I choose the Currency format. Even more, the cells are not changing for the currency format. Thanks for any help. Try making a custom format. Try this one: $#,##0.00;[Red]-$#,##0.00 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Excel 2007 hangs while loading chart
I have a sheet with 20000 rows and 5 columns of data with just 2 simple calculations in each row. On a separate sheet is a chart that gets its data from the spreadsheet. Whenever I change some data oin the spreadsheet and click on the chart's tab, the program "hangs" for some 4 minutes. In XL 2003 it didn't do that. Any idea what is going on? Thanks. Gerry ...

does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a work sheet
does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel You could use OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert the image to text that could then be loaded into cells. My experience with OCR software has not been entirely satisfactory. Unless this is a large sheet, it may be easier to retype. Jerry bigjoe44 wrote: > does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel ...

2007 View Code ThisWorkbook
In Excel 2003, we could easily right-click the Excel icon in the menu bar (next to File etc.) and select "View Code" to go straight to the "ThisWorkbook" object in the VBA Editor. Is there any similar shortcut available for this in Excel 2007 that I could perhaps add to my Quick Access Toolbar? Or perhaps a keystroke combination similar to Alt+F11 that would take you straight to ThisWorkbook? Thanks! -- Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit from it later. Hi, right click in the tab name "KC" wrote: &...

Money 2007 CombineWith Operation for Investments (Fidelity NetBenefits inspired)
Two new capabilities of Money 2007 are operated from the investment details. They are the ability to change the InvestmentType, and the CombineWith operation. This will discuss the investment CombineWith operation. The CombineWith operation was motivated largely by the Fidelity Net Benefits quirk of having a wrong "CUSIP" ID in their download. So downloading data from a source with a correct CUSIP and from them did not allow Money to understand they were the same stock, and could share the same symbol and quotes. This feature should be of use in more cases too. The way it works...