Cnnflict when opening Project Plan while user open PWA

Dear all,

I finaly understood that PM is obliged to open Microsoft Project Plan in
order to publish.
My question is simple : THE PM has to open Microsoft Project Plan several
times during a day, would it be any conflict when PM open Project Plan and
user is changing data within PWA by the same time?

Thanks a lot for your answers,

Hi Yann,

there won't be any conflicts when plan ist opened in ProjProf and a team
member is changing data in PWA.

You write that a PM is obliged to open his plan in ProjProf in order to
publish. For sure it is the best way because PM can see immediately what
happens to his plan.
But there are 2 ways within PWA:
1. You can go to "Edit Project Properties" from Project Center. There is a
button "Save and Publish".
2. If your PM approves 'Task Updates' in PWA, he can use 'Go To' - 'Applied
Requests and Errors'. There is a button 'Publish'. At this place he can also
verify that all approved updates are published by setting auto filter
criteria for 'Published?' to 'No'.

Regards
Barbara

"yann" <yann@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Dear all,
>
> I finaly understood that PM is obliged to open Microsoft Project Plan in
> order to publish.
> My question is simple : THE PM has to open Microsoft Project Plan several
> times during a day, would it be any conflict when PM open Project Plan and
> user is changing data within PWA by the same time?
>
> Thanks a lot for your answers,

0
Barbara
5/6/2010 9:27:20 AM
Hi Barbara and thanks for your reply,
In fact PM in my case is obliged to open project not only to publish but
because I have different project with external links. As i have only one PM,
he has to open all the project to see changes between one project to the
other one. This feature is not possible in PWA unfortunatly.

"Barbara - Austria" wrote:

> Hi Yann,
>
> there won't be any conflicts when plan ist opened in ProjProf and a team
> member is changing data in PWA.
>
> You write that a PM is obliged to open his plan in ProjProf in order to
> publish. For sure it is the best way because PM can see immediately what
> happens to his plan.
> But there are 2 ways within PWA:
> 1. You can go to "Edit Project Properties" from Project Center. There is a
> button "Save and Publish".
> 2. If your PM approves 'Task Updates' in PWA, he can use 'Go To' - 'Applied
> Requests and Errors'. There is a button 'Publish'. At this place he can also
> verify that all approved updates are published by setting auto filter
> criteria for 'Published?' to 'No'.
>
> Regards
> Barbara
>

> "yann" <yann@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I finaly understood that PM is obliged to open Microsoft Project Plan in
> > order to publish.
> > My question is simple : THE PM has to open Microsoft Project Plan several
> > times during a day, would it be any conflict when PM open Project Plan and
> > user is changing data within PWA by the same time?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your answers,

Hi Yann,

you are welcome. As I wrote: "For sure it is the best way because PM can see
immediately what happens to his plan" - seems to be extremly valid in your
case.