changing system password in EPM front and backend database server

I have implemented EPM in my company .with two server installation . One is
front end and second is backend .

and during installation of all tools i have used domain id and password .

now i want to change that password .
changing of password will effect at any working of EPM tools and will create
any problems ?

kindly reply me soon.
--

Regards

Basim Khalid Alvi
Infrastructure Consultant
MCP,MCTS,MCITP,Microsoft Enterprise Project Manager

Hi Basim,

To change service account details (I am assuming Project Server 2007) you
will need to change the details for a number of different components (Web
App, SPP, etc).  I would following this KB article by Microsoft which will
take you in the right direction:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934838

Any other problems, please do not hesitate to contact myself.  More than
happy to help.
--
Dharmesh Patel
Project Server Consultant

"Basim Khalid Alvi" wrote:

> I have implemented EPM in my company .with two server installation . One is
> front end and second is backend .
>
> and during installation of all tools i have used domain id and password .
>
> now i want to change that password .
> changing of password will effect at any working of EPM tools and will create
> any problems ?
>
> kindly reply me soon.
> --
>
> Regards
>

> Basim Khalid Alvi
> Infrastructure Consultant
> MCP,MCTS,MCITP,Microsoft Enterprise Project Manager

Recovery Virtual server....
I want to create a virtual test lab/recovery environment for my domain. has anyone else done this in the past? i am think of creating this on a segmented network with exact replicas of my DC and exchange server. although i have a question about recovering databases to this test environment, would i basically need to install my backup software on a machine in the test lab and restore that way... im a little confused on what the best way to do this would be. thanks. Yes on the backup software. The problem might be connecting it to your tape library. Make sure that the network is completely...

IS MY SERVER A RELAY?
Hello, I recently came to know something unsettling. Our internal servers can send mail via our exchange smtp protocol without the ip address being in the relay list. I have been using the relay list exclusively, so I'm not sure how this is possible. Below are the settings we have. If you can think of any way this is possible and how to fix it, please let me know. mailserver.ourdomain.com is the smtp address people are supposed to put into programs for the smtp server. it is a dns cname for one of our exchange servers. in the exchange system manager, we have the smtp protocol with...

Outlook email password always requested
I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for every time. Is there a fix for this? James A known issue - see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, James Truelove asked: | I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for | every time. Is there a fix for this? | James "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wr...

Remote Server did not respond to a connection attempt
My exchange 2003 has been working until 1/25/2005 when it suddenly began to queue up email with the information that 'The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt.' I've reviewed my settings (which haven't changed) and checked to see if I have been put on a spam list (not). Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan FYI: It was also on this day that Active Sync began to fail with a 3005 error. OMA and OWA as well as RPC over HTTP continue to work. Hope this additional info helps. Thanks "Dan Slaby" <dslaby3@comcast.net> wrote in...

How can i change this VBA project According to Indian Numeric
Sir/Madam I got a VBA project from MCServices, But problem is How i should modify this to display This Numeric Value like - 2551525.35 It should display in text = Twenty Five Lac Fifty One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty Five Rs and Thirty Five Paise. I m sending Herewith my VBA project. Pls change necessary and help me. thanks Rao Ratan Singh Option Explicit 'Main Function Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber) Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp Dim DecimalPlace, Count ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand " Place(3) = " Million " Place(4) = &...

How do I change the format of how my active cell in Excel is view.
I sometimes have trouble locating which cell is active in my Excel worksheet. I would like to be able to change it to something other than just a heavy black border. Here is one way that highlights the row and column of the activecell. Private Sub WorkSheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target.EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35 End With With Target.EntireColumn .FormatConditions.Delete .FormatConditions.Add T...

format changes on pivot table although preserve formatting is che.
Post the question the body of the message, subject lines get truncated -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Aannd" <Aannd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:282F34F1-42CA-4F0A-8A62-A71C64E30741@microsoft.com... > ...

Configuring a backup SMTP server
Hi Guys I'd like to configure a backup, remote SMTP server that would queue data when ever our Exchange server or Internet connection is down. The second server doesn't have Exchange installed but does have IIS 6. I understand how to do this by configuring the DNS MX records but I don't know where to start in configuring IIS SMTP to do this. Do I need to do anything on the Exchange server to make this work? Does anyone know of any web tutorials for this topic? Also once I've done this, what's the best way to test it? Thanks in advance for any ideas Jonny ...

Signature format changes in replies with Outlook 2007
Hi We are using Outlook 2007 and are finding that our signatures will sometimes change font and spacing in reply messages. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks ...

fonts are changing and text disappears
Hello when i open outlook 2003 all my maps on the left side of the screen are looking well and normal. But after a wile the font changed or a piece of the name/text disappear. Very stange i think. When i close outlook and turn it back on, everyting is back to normal but not for long. ...

Changing Free/Busy Publishing Time
I wanted to change our publishing time from two months to 12 months. In order to do this I implimented a group policy that changed this time. The group policy seems to be effective in changing that value, however when it comes to scheduling meetings, only two months are visible. The only way I have found to rectify this is to run Outlook with a /cleanfreebusy switch once. However, it doesn't seem practical to do this across a large number of users. Is there any way I can do this server side to acheive the same effect? Thanks! On 28 Jul 2006 09:40:46 -0700, JamesSKemp@gmail.com wrote: &...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Help Understanding Microsoft Server Products
Hi all We are looking to upgrade servers (currently running WinServer 2003) - new hardware and software. The Essential Business Server Premium pack appears to be ideal in terms of the software and package offered. BUT it appears that there will not be a version of this supporting Exchange 2010 for some months. This means we put a significant investment into 3 year old software, rather than catching the up-to-date flavour. So what's the difference between buying the EBS package and buying individual software applications separately? Also, is there additional software i...

Changing Fonts
Using Publisher 2003 with Office SP2. I have installed 3 new fonts (.ttf files) through Control Panel - Fonts - Install New Font and they now appear in the list in Control Panel - Fonts. I want to use these fonts in a publisher document. How do I get the new fonts to appear in my list of fonts in publisher? Publisher has been reopened since installing the new fonts and I have also restarted. Any help would be great! Thank you! REW wrote: > Using Publisher 2003 with Office SP2. > I have installed 3 new fonts (.ttf files) through Control Panel - > Fonts - Install New Font and the...

Disaster Recovery
Hi, I experienced a hardware failure on my vmware server which was running a SQL Server 2005 vm. I had an "older" copy of this machine with the same exact settings. I was able to bring it up but now I can't get it to talk to my DPM 2007 server which has all the SQL protected data. I uninstalled the agent manually and reinstalled it with the -dpmServerName option... still no luck. Any ideas? If I understand it correctly: 1. An SQL 2005 server which is hosted on a VM server was being protected by DPM 2007. 2. Due to VM server failure, you have brought the S...

SQL Server 2005 CAL question
If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at the HQ server. Thanks in advance. Phil get a min of 5 cals Its not only the clients to think about its also any office PC that connects to SQL. "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2F3590-032F-4B4C-9CEC-5A6A6BC7F46D@microsoft.com... > If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at > the > HQ server. Thanks in advance. > > Phil ...

Changing Information
Using Excel and Access 2003 on an XP SP2 machine. Is there a way to produce a pie chart from an Access query when you will not always have the same fields return results to be plotted? (In case that was as clear as mud to you as it was to me, I'll try to explain.) I know how to return reqults from a query to a spreadsheet and produce a chart from there. What has me stumped is what to do when the fields change. For instance, I'm trying to produce a pie chart that will show how many of several different categories of data occur. However, depending on what transpires during a repor...

shared sa password
Hi all, My client is using Microsoft Great Plains v8. They have 4 people that knows the sa pasword, the password is never changed and 3 of them has system maintenance access. just wondering, i'm pretty sure there can be a security issue there. i dont know much about microsoft great plains, but could you share a quick thought of what can go wrong when the above happens.. btw, they are all working in finance. Cheers, Thano. Having the 'sa' password would enable them to perform actions using Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, and other SQL tools if they were able to gai...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

dc as a file server
is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 people or less. One dc is Exchange and the other is the file server. Just wondering if I should put a member server in and move the file server over to that one? any thoughts appreciated. Not necessarily. This is common for branch offices to use the DC as the office file server also hth DDS "joe schmo" <joeschmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3332409F-9184-4A3F-9DB3-1E8B57591C08@microsoft.com... > is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 peo...

Multiple Exchange Servers and Email Router
When installing CRM 4 Email Router in an environment with 2 Exchange servers, where do I need to install the Email Router? it is not requirement in CRM 4.0 to install the exchange router on exchange. All you need to do is to choose the exchange server name while configuring the router . I myself had installed the router on CRM server. /Aamir ...

Where can I find the newsgroups that have disappeared from the MS news server?
I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been removing them from their news server. Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere? If so, I'm disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to manage the browser-based forums. But if that's the only thing available, I'd gladly use them. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer gro...

Change column color in chart when column value is over/under goal
No use of VBA or macros expected. It is believed to be Excel chart feature. Any ideas on how to change column colors (Red/Green) if value exceeds or meets the preset goal. Eg. if goal is 4% - anything at or above 4 should show green and under 4 should be red. Assuming your data is in A2:A20 B2: =IF(A2>=4,A2,NA()) C2: =IF(A2<4,A2,NA()) copy B2:C2 down, add some labels to B1:C1, then chart B1:C20. This will give you two series, one for the aboves, one for the rest. Select each data series, right click, choose format, and set the colour as required. -- --- HTH Bob (there's ...

Restaurant POS System
To Whom It May Concern: I would like a solution for a Restaurant with the following requirements: 2 Touch Screens, one in the Kitchen and One as the register with one credit card scanner and thermal printer And the restaurant will also have delivery capabilities. Could someone advise on what would be the best solution for this? Dinerware "ltg" <ltg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18660F27-BFAE-4FD9-BB38-7183067B317A@microsoft.com... > To Whom It May Concern: > > I would like a solution for a Restaurant with the following requirements: > 2 Tou...