Can't view projects in Project Center

Hello, still new to Project and learning plenty.  I've managed to get Project
Web Access up and running, synch A.D. users and upload projects.

Problem: I can't view (literally, they don't appear in the Project Center"
area) any of the published projects.  I am able to view all resources,
including those that were added during publishing.

When I go to Project Center, I get this message:
"There are no projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might
not have permissions on any projects or no projects are published."

I am a local admin on the server and an administrator in Project Web Access.
 I am also have rights on all 4 Project databases.

When I go to Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects all of the
projects show up in the list of deletable projects.  Also, if I try to open
the projects from the server using Project Professional 2007 they appear and
open fine.

I have tried using the View Effective Rights Tool for 2007 on the server and
it shows me as having permission for any project I check.

Is there anything that I need to do after uploading a project from Project
Professional 2007 to a default installation of Project Web Access?  Event the
simplest thing could help, I'm open to anything really as I've tried
everything I can think of.

Thanks for any help!

JasFR - I believe you could tray a few things... First, could you check
Server>Security> Project Web Access Permissions page to see if global
permissions are set up to view projects in the project center. Also, ensure
the same is granted in the Security Templates page for Administrators, which
you can then use on the Project Manager category under Manage Categories. And
finally, you can check your user permissions under Manage Users and ensure
the same is set up.

"JasFr" wrote:

> Hello, still new to Project and learning plenty.  I've managed to get Project
> Web Access up and running, synch A.D. users and upload projects.
>
> Problem: I can't view (literally, they don't appear in the Project Center"
> area) any of the published projects.  I am able to view all resources,
> including those that were added during publishing.
>
> When I go to Project Center, I get this message:
> "There are no projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might
> not have permissions on any projects or no projects are published."
>
> I am a local admin on the server and an administrator in Project Web Access.
>  I am also have rights on all 4 Project databases.
>
> When I go to Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects all of the
> projects show up in the list of deletable projects.  Also, if I try to open
> the projects from the server using Project Professional 2007 they appear and
> open fine.
>
> I have tried using the View Effective Rights Tool for 2007 on the server and
> it shows me as having permission for any project I check.
>
> Is there anything that I need to do after uploading a project from Project
> Professional 2007 to a default installation of Project Web Access?  Event the
> simplest thing could help, I'm open to anything really as I've tried
> everything I can think of.
>
> Thanks for any help!
Gotta be a security issue - unless you somehow added filters to the views
without realizing it.  My guess is that it's a Category issue.  Are you using
default security permissions, or have you modified them in any way.  If you
have modified them, then how did you do so?

Does the project owner have the same issue for their own projects?  (or are
you the project owner)

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Hello, still new to Project and learning plenty.  I've managed to get
> Project Web Access up and running, synch A.D. users and upload
> projects.
>
> Problem: I can't view (literally, they don't appear in the Project
> Center" area) any of the published projects.  I am able to view all
> resources, including those that were added during publishing.
>
> When I go to Project Center, I get this message: "There are no
> projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might not have
> permissions on any projects or no projects are published."
>
> I am a local admin on the server and an administrator in Project Web
> Access.
> I am also have rights on all 4 Project databases.
> When I go to Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects all of the
> projects show up in the list of deletable projects.  Also, if I try to
> open the projects from the server using Project Professional 2007 they
> appear and open fine.
>
> I have tried using the View Effective Rights Tool for 2007 on the
> server and it shows me as having permission for any project I check.
>
> Is there anything that I need to do after uploading a project from
> Project Professional 2007 to a default installation of Project Web
> Access?  Event the simplest thing could help, I'm open to anything
> really as I've tried everything I can think of.
>
> Thanks for any help!

0
Andrew
2/10/2010 9:31:43 PM
Kahuna, thanks for the suggestions!

I had tried most of them, but double checked to make sure. They all appear
to be correct except for the Manage Categories.  There is no "Project
Manager" category. The only categories I have are: My Direct Reports, My
Organization, My Personal Projects, My Projects, My Resources and My Tasks.

Are there some default categories missing?

I tried adding a "Project Manager" category, adding the Administrators group
to it and giving it permssions but it didn't change anything.  On the Add or
Edit Category page, there is a section for "Name and Description", "Users and
Groups", "Projects", "Resources", and "Views - Add to Category".  In none of
these areas can I find a permission setting for "View Project Center".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
"kahuna" wrote:

> JasFR - I believe you could tray a few things... First, could you check
> Server>Security> Project Web Access Permissions page to see if global
> permissions are set up to view projects in the project center. Also, ensure
> the same is granted in the Security Templates page for Administrators, which
> you can then use on the Project Manager category under Manage Categories. And
> finally, you can check your user permissions under Manage Users and ensure
> the same is set up.
>
> "JasFr" wrote:
>
> > Hello, still new to Project and learning plenty.  I've managed to get Project
> > Web Access up and running, synch A.D. users and upload projects.
> >
> > Problem: I can't view (literally, they don't appear in the Project Center"
> > area) any of the published projects.  I am able to view all resources,
> > including those that were added during publishing.
> >
> > When I go to Project Center, I get this message:
> > "There are no projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might
> > not have permissions on any projects or no projects are published."
> >
> > I am a local admin on the server and an administrator in Project Web Access.
> >  I am also have rights on all 4 Project databases.
> >
> > When I go to Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects all of the
> > projects show up in the list of deletable projects.  Also, if I try to open
> > the projects from the server using Project Professional 2007 they appear and
> > open fine.
> >
> > I have tried using the View Effective Rights Tool for 2007 on the server and
> > it shows me as having permission for any project I check.
> >
> > Is there anything that I need to do after uploading a project from Project
> > Professional 2007 to a default installation of Project Web Access?  Event the
> > simplest thing could help, I'm open to anything really as I've tried
> > everything I can think of.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
Jas:

Have you "Published" the projects? This is probably the most common error
new users make. You might want to have a look at our books at
https://projectserverbooks.com as doing this without good reference material
will eat up more time than you might have.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > Access.
>> >  I am also have rights on all 4 Project databases.
>> >
>> > When I go to Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects all of the
>> > projects show up in the list of deletable projects.  Also, if I try to
>> > open
>> > the projects from the server using Project Professional 2007 they
>> > appear and
>> > open fine.
>> >
>> > I have tried using the View Effective Rights Tool for 2007 on the
>> > server and
>> > it shows me as having permission for any project I check.
>> >
>> > Is there anything that I need to do after uploading a project from
>> > Project
>> > Professional 2007 to a default installation of Project Web Access?
>> > Event the
>> > simplest thing could help, I'm open to anything really as I've tried

0
Gary
2/11/2010 11:26:45 AM
Howdy. Something sounds wrong in the view. Go to Server Settings>Manage
Views. Under the project center group, click on the view which is giving you
this message. Have a play with the settings on this page. One thing I know is
you will get this same message if you have a filter set that returns no data.
Click the filter button and make sure there is nothing here limiting the
results being shown in the project centre. The other thing is check the
security categories settings down the bottom of the page. Track it through to
check the category settings etc... Hopefully the problem is something to do
with this.

Regards,

Piet Remen
www.projectserver.com.au

Gary,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I believe I mentioned in my initial post, but if
not yes I have published the projects.  All of them were published through
Project Professional 2007 and they can all be seen on the server through the
web interface if I go to Server Settings-->Delete Enterprise Objects.  They
won't show up in the Project Center though.

Thanks

"Gary Chefetz" wrote:

> Jas:
>
> Have you "Published" the projects? This is probably the most common error
> new users make. You might want to have a look at our books at
> https://projectserverbooks.com as doing this without good reference material
> will eat up more time than you might have.
>
> --
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>
> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Kahuna, thanks for the suggestions!
> >
> > I had tried most of them, but double checked to make sure. They all appear
> > to be correct except for the Manage Categories.  There is no "Project
> > Manager" category. The only categories I have are: My Direct Reports, My
> > Organization, My Personal Projects, My Projects, My Resources and My
> > Tasks.
> >
> > Are there some default categories missing?
> >
> > I tried adding a "Project Manager" category, adding the Administrators
> > group
> > to it and giving it permssions but it didn't change anything.  On the Add
> > or
> > Edit Category page, there is a section for "Name and Description", "Users
> > and
> > Groups", "Projects", "Resources", and "Views - Add to Category".  In none
> > of
> > these areas can I find a permission setting for "View Project Center".
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > "kahuna" wrote:
> >
> >> JasFR - I believe you could tray a few things... First, could you check
> >> Server>Security> Project Web Access Permissions page to see if global
> >> permissions are set up to view projects in the project center. Also,
> >> ensure
> >> the same is granted in the Security Templates page for Administrators,
> >> which
> >> you can then use on the Project Manager category under Manage Categories.
> >> And
> >> finally, you can check your user permissions under Manage Users and
> >> ensure
> >> the same is set up.

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm with you in that it sounds like a security issue
but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.  As I said, I'm a
server admin, and a Project admin, my account was the admin listed when I
created the Project Web Access from the Shared Service Provider.  And
finally, if I use the "View Effective Rights Tool" it shows me as having
rights on all of them.

As for having modified security permissions, I definitely have done some of
that in an attempt to get the projects to be viewable.  As to what I've done,
I can't list it all but in every event it's been trying to make everything as
wide open as possible just to try and get the projects to show.  In the
Manage Categories section though, I hadn't touched anything at all on the
default ones, I only added 2 categories.

And for the final question, I published all of the projects, so I assume
that makes me the Project Owner?

Thanks

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> Gotta be a security issue - unless you somehow added filters to the views
> without realizing it.  My guess is that it's a Category issue.  Are you using
> default security permissions, or have you modified them in any way.  If you
> have modified them, then how did you do so?
>
> Does the project owner have the same issue for their own projects?  (or are
> you the project owner)
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Hello, still new to Project and learning plenty.  I've managed to get
> > Project Web Access up and running, synch A.D. users and upload
> > projects.
> >
> > Problem: I can't view (literally, they don't appear in the Project
> > Center" area) any of the published projects.  I am able to view all
> > resources, including those that were added during publishing.
> >
> > When I go to Project Center, I get this message: "There are no
> > projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might not have
> > permissions on any projects or no projects are published."
> >
> > I am a local admin on the server and an administrator in Project Web
> > Access.
> > I am also have rights on all 4 Project databases.
> > When I go to Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects all of the
> > projects show up in the list of deletable projects.  Also, if I try to
> > open the projects from the server using Project Professional 2007 they
> > appear and open fine.
> >
> > I have tried using the View Effective Rights Tool for 2007 on the
> > server and it shows me as having permission for any project I check.
> >
> > Is there anything that I need to do after uploading a project from
> > Project Professional 2007 to a default installation of Project Web
> > Access?  Event the simplest thing could help, I'm open to anything
> > really as I've tried everything I can think of.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
> >

> .

Piet,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried checking the view and there were no filters
set on it, all other settings look normal to me.  In the Security Categories
section, I added all available categories just to try and that didn't help
either.

Thanks

"Piet Remen" wrote:

> Howdy. Something sounds wrong in the view. Go to Server Settings>Manage
> Views. Under the project center group, click on the view which is giving you
> this message. Have a play with the settings on this page. One thing I know is
> you will get this same message if you have a filter set that returns no data.
> Click the filter button and make sure there is nothing here limiting the
> results being shown in the project centre. The other thing is check the
> security categories settings down the bottom of the page. Track it through to
> check the category settings etc... Hopefully the problem is something to do
> with this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Piet Remen
> www.projectserver.com.au

JasFr, one thing that helped me to figure out some permission issues was to
start off by giving full permissions on the Administrator User for Group,
Category, Security Template and Global and then one by one take out the
various options. Time consuming but it can work. Also, make sure that once
you are able to see all of it as an administrator, defining the Security
Templates for each profile (team member, project manager, executive and so
on), as it is much easier to then apply the templates to the Groups,
Category, User etc than do it individually.

"JasFr" wrote:

> Hello, still new to Project and learning plenty.  I've managed to get Project
> Web Access up and running, synch A.D. users and upload projects.
>
> Problem: I can't view (literally, they don't appear in the Project Center"
> area) any of the published projects.  I am able to view all resources,
> including those that were added during publishing.
>
> When I go to Project Center, I get this message:
> "There are no projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might
> not have permissions on any projects or no projects are published."
>
> I am a local admin on the server and an administrator in Project Web Access.
>  I am also have rights on all 4 Project databases.
>
> When I go to Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects all of the
> projects show up in the list of deletable projects.  Also, if I try to open
> the projects from the server using Project Professional 2007 they appear and
> open fine.
>
> I have tried using the View Effective Rights Tool for 2007 on the server and
> it shows me as having permission for any project I check.
>
> Is there anything that I need to do after uploading a project from Project
> Professional 2007 to a default installation of Project Web Access?  Event the
> simplest thing could help, I'm open to anything really as I've tried
> everything I can think of.
>
> Thanks for any help!
Jas:

I saw that you wrote that you published them, but inasmuch as you say you're
new to Project Server, I can't be certain that you know what that means.
People use terms very loosely in the NGs. So forgive my skepticism, but I
still cant' be certain that you did this correctly given that you haven't
provided the steps you took.

So, I guess we'll have to go around again.

Did you use Tools > Enterprise Options > Import Project to Enterprise to
import the projects?
After importing, did you go to File > Open, open the project and the go to
File > Publish and publish the project?

If you can verify this, the only other explanation is that your security
setup is incorrect, regardless of what the effective rights tool tells you.

--

> Gary,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I believe I mentioned in my initial post, but
> if
> not yes I have published the projects.  All of them were published through
> Project Professional 2007 and they can all be seen on the server through
> the
> web interface if I go to Server Settings-->Delete Enterprise Objects.
> They
> won't show up in the Project Center though.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Gary Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> Jas:
>>
>> Have you "Published" the projects? This is probably the most common error
>> new users make. You might want to have a look at our books at
>> https://projectserverbooks.com as doing this without good reference
>> material
>> will eat up more time than you might have.
>>
>> --
>> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
>> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Kahuna, thanks for the suggestions!
>> >
>> > I had tried most of them, but double checked to make sure. They all
>> > appear
>> > to be correct except for the Manage Categories.  There is no "Project
>> > Manager" category. The only categories I have are: My Direct Reports,
>> > My
>> > Organization, My Personal Projects, My Projects, My Resources and My
>> > Tasks.
>> >
>> > Are there some default categories missing?
>> >
>> > I tried adding a "Project Manager" category, adding the Administrators
>> > group
>> > to it and giving it permssions but it didn't change anything.  On the
>> > Add
>> > or
>> > Edit Category page, there is a section for "Name and Description",
>> > "Users
>> > and
>> > Groups", "Projects", "Resources", and "Views - Add to Category".  In
>> > none
>> > of
>> > these areas can I find a permission setting for "View Project Center".
>> >
>> > Any other suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

0
Gary
2/11/2010 7:22:07 PM
Gary,

You did it! I feel rather idiotic about that being the problem, but as I
said, I'm new to Project so I thought that "Export to Enterprise" was
actually publishing it and since they were showing up on the server in the
delete objects screen that made me think they were published.

Anyway, thanks a ton and thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.

"Gary Chefetz" wrote:

> Jas:
>
> I saw that you wrote that you published them, but inasmuch as you say you're
> new to Project Server, I can't be certain that you know what that means.
> People use terms very loosely in the NGs. So forgive my skepticism, but I
> still cant' be certain that you did this correctly given that you haven't
> provided the steps you took.
>
> So, I guess we'll have to go around again.
>
> Did you use Tools > Enterprise Options > Import Project to Enterprise to
> import the projects?
> After importing, did you go to File > Open, open the project and the go to
> File > Publish and publish the project?
>
> If you can verify this, the only other explanation is that your security
> setup is incorrect, regardless of what the effective rights tool tells you.
>
> --
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>
> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Gary,
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion.  I believe I mentioned in my initial post, but
> > if
> > not yes I have published the projects.  All of them were published through
> > Project Professional 2007 and they can all be seen on the server through
> > the
> > web interface if I go to Server Settings-->Delete Enterprise Objects.
> > They
> > won't show up in the Project Center though.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Gary Chefetz" wrote:
> >
> >> Jas:
> >>
> >> Have you "Published" the projects? This is probably the most common error
> >> new users make. You might want to have a look at our books at
> >> https://projectserverbooks.com as doing this without good reference
> >> material
> >> will eat up more time than you might have.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> >> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> >> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> >> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
> >>
> >> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jas:

See, you could've had a V8! You also might take a look at two of the books
my partner Dale and I wrote. (Managing Enterprise Projects and Implementing
and Administering)They'll save you days and days of this kind of nonsense.
This is not an intuitive tool. Have a look at
http://www.projectserverbooks.com

--

> Gary,
>
> You did it! I feel rather idiotic about that being the problem, but as I
> said, I'm new to Project so I thought that "Export to Enterprise" was
> actually publishing it and since they were showing up on the server in the
> delete objects screen that made me think they were published.
>
> Anyway, thanks a ton and thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
>
> "Gary Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> Jas:
>>
>> I saw that you wrote that you published them, but inasmuch as you say
>> you're
>> new to Project Server, I can't be certain that you know what that means.
>> People use terms very loosely in the NGs. So forgive my skepticism, but I
>> still cant' be certain that you did this correctly given that you haven't
>> provided the steps you took.
>>
>> So, I guess we'll have to go around again.
>>
>> Did you use Tools > Enterprise Options > Import Project to Enterprise to
>> import the projects?
>> After importing, did you go to File > Open, open the project and the go
>> File > Publish and publish the project?
>>
>> If you can verify this, the only other explanation is that your security
>> setup is incorrect, regardless of what the effective rights tool tells
>> you.
>>
>> --
>> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
>> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Gary,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the suggestion.  I believe I mentioned in my initial post,
>> > but
>> > if
>> > not yes I have published the projects.  All of them were published
>> > through
>> > Project Professional 2007 and they can all be seen on the server
>> > through
>> > the
>> > web interface if I go to Server Settings-->Delete Enterprise Objects.
>> > They
>> > won't show up in the Project Center though.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Gary
2/11/2010 9:15:58 PM
Gary,

Thanks for the suggestion on the books.  Next time we make a book order I'll
keep those in mind.  I'm already feeling you on the non-intuitiveness of the
software as you can see heh.  There also doesn't seem to be a lot of
troubleshooting content online about it.

Thanks again

"Gary Chefetz" wrote:

> Jas:
>
> See, you could've had a V8! You also might take a look at two of the books
> my partner Dale and I wrote. (Managing Enterprise Projects and Implementing
> and Administering)They'll save you days and days of this kind of nonsense.
> This is not an intuitive tool. Have a look at
> http://www.projectserverbooks.com
>

> --
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>
> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Gary,
> >
> > You did it! I feel rather idiotic about that being the problem, but as I
> > said, I'm new to Project so I thought that "Export to Enterprise" was
> > actually publishing it and since they were showing up on the server in the
> > delete objects screen that made me think they were published.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks a ton and thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
> >
> > "Gary Chefetz" wrote:
> >
> >> Jas:
> >>
> >> I saw that you wrote that you published them, but inasmuch as you say
> >> you're
> >> new to Project Server, I can't be certain that you know what that means.
> >> People use terms very loosely in the NGs. So forgive my skepticism, but I
> >> still cant' be certain that you did this correctly given that you haven't
> >> provided the steps you took.
> >>
> >> So, I guess we'll have to go around again.
> >>
> >> Did you use Tools > Enterprise Options > Import Project to Enterprise to
> >> import the projects?
> >> After importing, did you go to File > Open, open the project and the go
> >> File > Publish and publish the project?
> >>
> >> If you can verify this, the only other explanation is that your security
> >> setup is incorrect, regardless of what the effective rights tool tells
> >> you.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> >> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> >> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> >> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
> >>
> >> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On our Projectserverexperts.com site, we have a listing of all the best
blogs for Project Server. You'll want to pay close attention to the
Microsoft bloggers, in particular, Christophe Fiessinger and Brian Smith are
very prolific and most often first-to-market with important advice and
updates from Microsoft. Eventually you can find everything in the KB or in
TechNet, which is a very good, and growing-better-by-the-day source of
information. Then you have MVPs many of whom maintain sites and blogs as
well as many other "Projectserverati" who generate great content as well. Of
course these newsgroups are a wonderful support pillar. There's lots of info
out there, you simply need to tune into all the different channels.

--

> Gary,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion on the books.  Next time we make a book order
> I'll
> keep those in mind.  I'm already feeling you on the non-intuitiveness of
> the
> software as you can see heh.  There also doesn't seem to be a lot of
> troubleshooting content online about it.
>
> Thanks again
>
> "Gary Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> Jas:
>>
>> See, you could've had a V8! You also might take a look at two of the
>> books
>> my partner Dale and I wrote. (Managing Enterprise Projects and
>> Implementing
>> and Administering)They'll save you days and days of this kind of
>> nonsense.
>> This is not an intuitive tool. Have a look at
>> http://www.projectserverbooks.com
>>

>> --
>> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
>> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "JasFr" <JasFr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Gary,
>> >
>> > You did it! I feel rather idiotic about that being the problem, but as
>> > said, I'm new to Project so I thought that "Export to Enterprise" was
>> > actually publishing it and since they were showing up on the server in
>> > the
>> > delete objects screen that made me think they were published.
>> >
>> > Anyway, thanks a ton and thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.

0
Gary

Project/Sub-Project In Continuous List?
I've got a little timekeeping system that allows the user to enter task descriptions, start/stop times and then select "Project" from a combo box. I'd like to do some analysis on the data, and allocating tasks to sub-project's seems necessary. Problem is that in a continuous list, all the combo boxes behave the same. So if I make cboSubProject.RowSource tb a query that includes only sub-projects under the project selected in cboProject, the sub-projects in other rows on the screen come and go as cboSubProject's list changes. Anybody got a strategy for situation...

CRM 4.0 Private/Public Views
How do I make a view private in CRM 4.0? There are a bunch of system views that we do not use and that we obviously cannot delete. I used to just make them private in CRM 3.0, but I cannot figure out where to do that in 4.0. We also have a lot of views that are private because they are shared between sales teams and it seems like the "private" option has disappeared for 4.0. If it is gone, what would I do to hide certain views? In CRM 4 public views can not be hidden, these pages give a way it can be done. http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2008/08/hiding-system-views-in-crm-40...

view php files with publisher 2003
I used to use MS Home Publishing (win 98) to create business documents. I have replaced it with Publisher 2003, only to find that I can't open the files with the new software (old files are .php extensions) Anybody? I think you are going need Home Publishing to open Home Publishing files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "nicklissa" <nicklissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:191E4341-8C37-4E54-9601-E674CA33457A@microsoft.com... > I used to use MS Home Publishing (win 98) to create business documents. I > have replaced it with Publisher 2003, only to...

Tasks & Calendar is same view?
Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the calendar. Help. Thanks. Joe wrote: > Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the > same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar > view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can > drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the > calendar. Help. Thanks. In Outlook 2003 atleast you can open two windows at one time - in ...

editing frustrations in pulication view( HELP!)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel What im trying to do is design a template where every single page has the same layout, so i can just go through and fill out the info in the appropriate places. In publication view, under master page, i got it all set up. When I go back to what i considered was regular view to start filling in what i need i face a few troubles. For one the header foot window thing shows up and wont go away unless i click the X, but then that grays EVERYTHING out and I cannot work on my document. so i click around to make it pop ...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

Can't view projects in Project Center
Hello, still new to Project and learning plenty. I've managed to get Project Web Access up and running, synch A.D. users and upload projects. Problem: I can't view (literally, they don't appear in the Project Center" area) any of the published projects. I am able to view all resources, including those that were added during publishing. When I go to Project Center, I get this message: "There are no projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might not have permissions on any projects or no projects are published." I am a local admin on...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

Center on Page

Filtered Views in callouts
Hi. Can somebody in the know tell me what the bottom line with the use of filtered views in callouts is? We'd like to simplify things - move some logic to stored procs which utilise the filtered views as opposed to long winded Query Expressions in managed code. But i get the feeling from the SDK that they should only be used for report generation? Typically i guess one virtue of a view is that it protects against changes in underlying table schema. But i don't want to release code to a client site which is is danger of breaking with a new release. -- Developer Sorry - jus...

My message views don't stick
No matter how I change the views I have of my message folder, when I click-away and click-back they revert to some default setting e.g. if I change column widths and then click away/click back to the folder then the columns have reverted to their original settings. Same goes for any other setting e.g. auto preview. Help! Is Outlook corrupt? I've tried changing the View-Arrange by settings but nothing seems to work. Bobby Have you tried resetting the view in question? View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views, select the view and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook ...

"tasks" tab in Project Web Access
Hello, I use MS Project Server 2003. When I assign task to some resource (user), and then I log in as this user to Project Web Access, and I go to the "tasks" tab - I can't see that tasks in tasks list. The list is empty. However, I can do (still in Project Web Access) "actions -> assign me to a new task". And then, when I assign a user to a new task in this way, this task is visible in tasks list. Why can't I normally see user's tasks in "tasks" tab in Project Web Access? Hi, You did not mention if you published the tasks after as...

Shift+Insert does not paste into edit control on CFormView derived view
Hi, I have an edit control on a form view. The problem is that pasting of clipboard content does not seem to work with Shift+Insert key combo. There is no problem with pasting when using context menu. If I test the underlying dialog from IDE resource editor then Shift+Insert works fine. The Shift+Insert combo also works fine with other dialogs in the app. This problem can be easily illustrated by creating a simple SDI app with a form view and then dropping an edit control onto the form. Is this an expected behaviour? Thanks, Bogdan "Bogdan" <bogdan@domain.com> wr...

Inventory Reconcile-Project Accounting
Just updated from version 7.5 to version 9. We did use the project purchase order in version 7.5 and when we reconciled inventory, we had to reconcile inthe inventory module and then in the project module. I am assuming since Great Plains combined the project purchase order module in to the purchasing module, we only have to reconcile inventory inthe inventory module from now on? -- Doug Doug, If you have these other modules, you should reconcile SOP and POP prior to reconciling Inventory. You should check out our web site, we have some new books on GP and the Maintenance book ...

Changing the 'Look Up Record' view
When you want to attach a record to an activity for the 'Regarding' field your are presented with a 'Look up records' dialog. I would like to be able to modify the records that are returned for selection (Not the type of record). For example if you choose quotes it returns all quotes. We want to either restrict this to just active quotes or sort/show the status of quotes. Maybe using a view for this dialog ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

viewing questions
Is there a way to sort the questions by date. I cannot figure out how the questions are ordered. It's not by date, it's not by alpha, it's not by popular - there appears to be no rhyme or reason to it. If you access the forum directly from the server http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm you can sort them in any way you like. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

View Code for pointer?
Is their a view code that i can use to make the pointer show a line down the screen? this would be very helpful when viewing chart data. -- Thank you! Maybe you can make use of this... right click the tab at the bottom of = the worksheet that you want this functionality on, select View Code from = the popup menu that appears and then copy/paste the following into the = code window that opened up... Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As = Boolean) Union(Target.EntireColumn, Target.EntireRow).Select Target.Activate End Sub Now, go back t...

Changing entity view columns
Gidday all, My problem: Im trying to change the view of the 'products' page so that it also displays the list price, but when I add it in, I also wanted to move it over next to the item ID column. I first added the list price column and went into products to check it our (I set it up for the 'active product view') but it doesn't appear there. Then when I try to go back to the entites view and adjust the arrangement of the columns, it tell me to select one of them, which I cannot do.. Note, there is a warning message below the list (in the edit view) which states: Im...

IE8
In IE8, if you view a SQL 2005 SP3 report server report through a Page Viewer web part in SharePoint WSS 3.0, the rendered tables have the right hand borders missing. It only occurs when there is a left/right border-collapse in the table, which suggests a problem with the table width. If you zoom, export or print the report, the borders show. Testing on IE7 reveals borders showing OK for same markup (I compared them). Is this an IE8 bug? No, <joke>its the loose keyboard nut</joke> Press the Compatibility button in IE8 to switch to the IE7 rendering mode. (...

Viewing Current Appointments
Hi there I'm trying to customise the Outlook Calendar View so that I only see a list of my appointments from today onwards. I have changed the view to Active Appointments. I almost have what I want however Outlook lists the recurring appointments first (which start prior to today's date, such as birthdays). I have set the Group By and Sort By options to (none) and have applied the advanced option "to start on or after today" in the Customise Current View window. Any help much appreciated Michelle ...

Account View Sort Order
I am creating a number of views in the accounts area. Every time I create a new view, the drop down list seems to be randomly listing views.....they are not in order as per the customization, or by spelling order. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks Kim Kim, Unfortunately, you can't influence the order of views in CRM 1.2... Hopefully, you'll only have to wait half a year to get that functionality, in 2.0... Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, Dave "Kim Cannon" wrote: > I am creating a number of views in the accounts area. Every time I create a >...

Installing Project 98 Upgrade Version
Hi All, A *long* time ago I used Project. The last version I used was Project 98. I purchased the Project 98 Upgrade version to update from a previous that I loaded with floppy diskettes. I'm in need to use Project again and attempted to load Project 98 Upgrade version on my computer. The installation fails because, properly, Project can not find a previous version on my computer. I realize I must upgrade Project 98 but would like not to have to buy the full version (which I had on a very old floppy disk computer and no longer have it). Can you provide advice on how to do ...

Mapping of AD and Project Server 2007 fields during synchronizatio
I did synchronization of project server 2007 with AD . and it is succeded . now some fields of AD are not matching with Resource center field of project web access. like Manager in AD and TimeManager in Resource Center . and also I need to enter company emploee code in AD when the employee hired and registered in AD. and when we synchronized we get the employee code also in Project server 2007. but in AD there is no any field of Code. which i can map. I found a utility of ResourceSync which can be use to mapping of different header of AD with the required header of resource shee...

Compare differences in configurations in MS Project Server?
Good afternoon, I'm about to work on a Project 2007 product inside my company and have a question about maintaining configurations between systems. We are about to go from a single developer system to multiple developer sytems with a test system. My concen is the server configurations getting out of synch. Is there a standard way to compare the configuration between systems (i.e. Enterprise Custom Field Definitions)? Any help or suggestions on how others maintain multiple systems is appreciated. Thanks, Jonathan It's not foolproof, but you could try using the...