Can't View Applied Task Update Requests and Errors

While under the Applied Task Update Requests and Errors view in PWA I clicked
on the hyperlink for a task name to show the history but instead I received
the following message:
"You do not have sufficient permissions to view the specified page. Please
contact your administrator for permissions to view this page."

I'm not the person who approved the task, but I am an admin in Project
Server. So, why can't I see the history?

Thanks
Patrick

Sinister --

Even though you are part of the Administrators group in PWA, are you members
of other security Groups as well?  If so, remove your user account from
those other Groups and see if this resolves the problem.  And let us know if
this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Sinister" <Sinister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While under the Applied Task Update Requests and Errors view in PWA I
> clicked
> on the hyperlink for a task name to show the history but instead I
> received
> the following message:
> "You do not have sufficient permissions to view the specified page. Please
> contact your administrator for permissions to view this page."
>
> I'm not the person who approved the task, but I am an admin in Project
> Server. So, why can't I see the history?
>
> Thanks
> Patrick

0
Dale

Problems after kb890830 and kb978542 updates
After windows Vista installed kb890830 and kb978542 I noticed 4 problems so far. 1. MSN Service not available, error code: 800706b5. (This happened with previous updates and I fixed the issue by doing a system restore to a previous date.) 2.When I started internet explorer (ver 8.0.6001.18904) I got a message my default search engine was corrupted by another program. 3.I tried the usual system restore and found there were no restore points available 4. I had some unknown problem trying to log into this site. It kept giving a site not available message. I am running windows vis...

Outboud Receipts; view
Some message came in requesting read reciepts. I accepted the reciept request. Now I have reciepts that will not send and I would like to remove them from the queue. Because they are stuck I cannot send any outgoing mail on this account. Nothing shows up in the outbox but when send/receive(ing) it shows the receipt count and fails. Anybody have an idea how to view/remove these bad outbound receipts? Thanks, Greg get Outlookspy (www.dimastr.com/outspy/) and use it to delete the receipts. They are hidden in the top level of the mailbox or personal folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

type double error?
I am doing some math using doubles and some trig functions ( sin cos etc) and debugging with a watch on the result. On one line the result is calculated as res = x + sin(a); and if I put a breakpoint there when it stops a is correct, x is correct but res contains "-1.#IND000000000000". I looked in the help but can't find out what causes the #IND in my double. Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD Ron H wrote: > I a...

Create calendar item/mtg request when people register for webinar?
Hi! I need assistance with figuring out how to generate an Outlook calendar item whenever people register for a webinar or other activity through our website. Is a plug-in available? Ideally, whenever someone signs up for an activity through our website, it would then forward a meeting item to their Outlook calendar. I've seen this done in so many places. "jasovi" <jasovi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDED7311-4B37-4D4A-A0F5-B77C982D2014@microsoft.com... > Hi! I need assistance with figuring out how to generate an Outlook calendar &...

Protection error
Someone shared and protected a workbook that I created. I went to Tools>Sharing and unshared the workbook. Now when I try to make changes and save them I get an error that says "You must first unprotect the document". When I try to do this, however, the unprotect option on the Tools>Protection menu is not available. I have noticed that it says [Group] in the title bar. How do i turn that option off? If Tools|Protection|Unprotect Sheet is greyed out, you have to ungroup first. [Group] in the title bar means that you have multiple sheets selected. You can rightclick on ...

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

Creating a view with concatenated columns
I have a table with about 20 columns and I am trying to create a view of it that includes about 10 columns. The problem is that in the process, I am trying to concatenate some fields into one field and I am unable to get any thing working. Below is one example of my attempts to tackle this. Any ideas will be highly appreciated. // The following should be considered as pseudo-SQL CREATE function [dbo].[fn_myview] (@CardNo varchar(11)) returns Table as BEGIN declare @FullName as nvarchar(128) (SELECT FirstName, FatherName, GFatherName, FamilyName, Birthdate, Birthplace...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

Service Call SQL Object creation error #2
Hi, I am trying to configure Service Call Management, and when I execute the step to set up permissions for the GP users who can perform service call escalations (i.e Tools \ Setup \ Project \ Service Setup \ Service button \ SQL Objects button - Set permissions for Sql Objects for Escalation, then I get the following error: 'An error occurred executing add group statements'. When I click OK the next error is: 'The role FSSQLJOB does not exist in the current database.' I am on GP10 and am doing this in the Fabrikam database. Thanks Neil You will want to run the follow...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Applying Payment to multipy accounts
Here is the problem. The CFO paid for several invoices for several different vendors with his credit card. Then he paid himself back. Now I have 5 different charges on his expense report and 3 of them have invoices already entered into the AP system. I don't know the best way to apply the one payment to the several different accounts. Or if there is just a simply way to handle this. I personally would create a credit card called something like CFO CARD and tie it to the CFO Vendor ID. Then pay off the invoices already in the system with that credit card under Manual Payments - this...

Money Plus Annual Update?
There was an article over the weekend in the Cleveland, OH newspaper that reviewed the financial software offerings and said that there would be no further annual updated from Microsoft Money, thus Money + is that last version. Is this correct? Has Microsoft abandoned us? We noticed that our version of Money+ was purchased in August, 2007 but apparently nothing since. There will not be a "formal" annual version but around the time of update timeouts I expect to see what I will call from want of a better description, Service Packs. So if there is any added functionality then...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

MFC CPropertySheet: hiding Apply button partially works
I am hiding the Apply button in a property sheet by using the following code before creating it: m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_NOAPPLYNOW; // remove the "Apply Now" button This works in the sense that the button is gone, but what I'm finding is that the "A" hotkey is still assigned to it! If I add a checkbox to one of the tabs, for instance, and I underline the "A" in the label. If I hit Alt-A it will only set focus to the checkbox but not check it. This is the behavior that you get if you have another field with the same hot key, but there is none. My only tho...

Publisher Error
I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000. Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message: Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out of memory, or the file may be corrupt. Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I ran Publisher before I did the re-install and I never had any problems. Thanks Leo PUB2000 Error Message: Publish...

Outlook 2003 - Line 227
A customer of mine is attempting to printer HTML based email and receives the following error: ---- Error A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 227 Error: The specified module could not be found. ---- I have uninstalled and re-installed (with all options) Office 2003. Attempted to print a Text based email, and it printed without any issue. Attempted to print and HTML based email, and I would get this error. Downloaded and updated all available MS Office updates. Same results. Removed all of the HP software for the printer. Downloaded and installed the latest version of...

Linked Servers / OLE DB Jet4.0 request fails!
Hello I tried to execute an sql statement throught SQL OLEDB command It fails since I moved my configuration on 64 bits Windows 2008 Server System and migrate Sql Server 2005 to 2008. I want to execute an SQL Statement into an Excel file with Sql Linked Servers OleDbConnection sq = new OleDbConnection(); sq.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;"; [...] sql = "insert into openquery(... FROM [Export$]) ... OleDbCommand c = new OleDbCommand(sql, sq); c.ExecuteNonQuery(); Returns : can't execute the query, prov...

Viewing 4 different graphs at once
HELP I have a workbook with 4 sheets. Each sheet has a graph on it. I want to show all 4 graphs on one sheet in a window pane environment. But I can't click on the chart and get it to allow me to do a Window - Split Any help would be greatly appreciatied Thank Kell Hi Kelly - Insert a blank worksheet. Right click on each chart in turn, select Location from the pop up menu, select the As Object option, and select the new sheet from the drop down list. When you've gotten all four charts onto the sheet, you can arrange them to your liking. If you hold down the Alt key while ...

RDLC 2008 Error in print layout mode
Hi I have converted a local report in a windows form application from VisualStudio 2008 to VisualStudio 2010. In the report viewer the report is correctly visualized, but, sometimes, in print layout (or if i print the report) I obtain this exception: "An error has occurred during report processing" "Index was outside the bounds of the array". The report is binding to a object data source, if i delete some object from my data source the error disappear. Thank in advance Giorgio Hi Giorgio, Is your object in your data source shared by multiple thread...

Update Rollup 2 and Terminal Server
I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? I can't find any direction on this so any hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Having the same issue myself. Can anyone point us to some suggestions? -Eric "NW" wrote: > I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for > installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. > > How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? > > I can't find any dir...

Recipient Policies Not Applying Until Reboot
Occasionally, our Recipient Policies will not give our new users email addresses, even after a full day. Updating the RUS doesnt help when this occurs. Yet after a reboot, everything is fine until the next time it happens. Does anyone know why this may be happening and how we could fix this? ...

SQL script to create views
I think I saw a script somewhere on CustomerSource that would crete views with Table Display Names - would anybody know where to find it? Thanks, Mario Do a search for SDK and GenView (or Gen View, and it's part of the SDK). I believe that's what it's called. It's not so much a script as it is a utility. Clint "Mario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a5ee01c465b4$e345d620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I think I saw a script somewhere on CustomerSource that > would crete views with Table Display Names - would anybody > know wh...

Error while synchronizing outlook
Hi there, I have created a new account/contact/opportunity in offline mode. When I go to online (clicking the "go Online" buttong in outlook toolbar), I am getting "The specified domain logon name already exists. You must use a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already" error. We are about to make a decision on buying the MS CRM solution, and the main factor for choosing MS CRM is the Offline capability. How to fix this error, so that I can show a working demo to my VP?. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed ...

Error Messages #4
I just bought a computer that has Windows XP and I installed my Office XP programs. At least 20 to 30 times a day when I am using Outlook 2002, I get an error message that asks me to send the info to Microsoft and then I lose the e-mail address or address that I had typed in the new message I was about to send Does any one know what is happening? How about telling us what the message is that you got? Error messages are there for a reason, not just for annoyance and we arent the Amazing Kreskin. :-) First, you should read the error message and attend to that. Taen that should solve your pro...