Admin server account for 2007 install

Anyone know what access and permissions is needed for the Farm Acct used to
install and run services in MSP 2007? We are having an issue where we cannot
login with this account on the App and SQL servers after creating it on the
DC and then adding it to the App and SQL servers.
We can only login locally and then when we try to install the servers
software we only have the standalone option...any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Norm

Norm:

Not sure what you are asking here. When you say "then adding it to the app
and SQL servers..." what do you mean? How did you add it? Why do you need
local logon? What are you trying to accomplish and how far have you gotten?
Have you joined the servers to the domain? If not, why not?

--
Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP
Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"nkbrgs" <nkbrgs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know what access and permissions is needed for the Farm Acct used
> install and run services in MSP 2007? We are having an issue where we
> cannot
> login with this account on the App and SQL servers after creating it on
> the
> DC and then adding it to the App and SQL servers.
> We can only login locally and then when we try to install the servers
> software we only have the standalone option...any ideas would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Norm

0
Gary

Peachtree Accounting
Hello, Where do I start, and how do I find the basic information, needed to get started building custom reports in Peachtree Accounting using VBA or VBScript? -- Charles L. Phillips Charles, Visit here and ask that same question: http://www.peachtreeusers.com/.forums/ HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Charles L. Phillips" <tptbusines_98@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#itxBlNrDHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Where do I start, and how do I find the basic information, needed to get > started building custom reports in Peachtree Accounting using VBA or >...

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

Excel 2003 VB referencing #N/A not working but works in Excel 2007
I have a very simple macro that works in Excel 2007 but hangs up constantly in Excel 2003. Does anyone have a work around? Problem: When referencing cells that have a #N/A value, Excel 2003 craps out even if I use the ISNA application function before it. The following 2 statements will cause Excel 2003 VB to stop regardless of order if the cell that is referenced comes up with #N/A. Series = Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, SeriesCol).Value If WorksheetFunction.IsNA(Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, ColNum)) Then Further background.... I am actually wanting to find #...

retirement accounts
is it a feature in money to not allow financial institutions statements that have the header of investment to download into retirement 401k and 403b accounts downloaded into money 2004. ...

using Outlook on local machine with domain user account
I have a small network running with w2k domain. Client computers run under w2k pro and have Office 2000 installed. * When I log on locally (with administrative privileges) Outlook works fine. * When I log on to the domain (using any domain user account) Outlook does not start. * When I add a domain user account to local administrators group and log on to the domain Outlook works fine. How to make Outlook working when domain user account is used (without administrative privileges on local machine) or I must use an account that has administrative privileges on local machine to run Outlook? ...

IS MY SERVER A RELAY?
Hello, I recently came to know something unsettling. Our internal servers can send mail via our exchange smtp protocol without the ip address being in the relay list. I have been using the relay list exclusively, so I'm not sure how this is possible. Below are the settings we have. If you can think of any way this is possible and how to fix it, please let me know. mailserver.ourdomain.com is the smtp address people are supposed to put into programs for the smtp server. it is a dns cname for one of our exchange servers. in the exchange system manager, we have the smtp protocol with...

Recovery Virtual server....
I want to create a virtual test lab/recovery environment for my domain. has anyone else done this in the past? i am think of creating this on a segmented network with exact replicas of my DC and exchange server. although i have a question about recovering databases to this test environment, would i basically need to install my backup software on a machine in the test lab and restore that way... im a little confused on what the best way to do this would be. thanks. Yes on the backup software. The problem might be connecting it to your tape library. Make sure that the network is completely...

Allow a contact to use its Account's addresses
Since contacts associated to an Account all use the same addresses, allow a contact to use its Account's addresses ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c809...

Configuring a backup SMTP server
Hi Guys I'd like to configure a backup, remote SMTP server that would queue data when ever our Exchange server or Internet connection is down. The second server doesn't have Exchange installed but does have IIS 6. I understand how to do this by configuring the DNS MX records but I don't know where to start in configuring IIS SMTP to do this. Do I need to do anything on the Exchange server to make this work? Does anyone know of any web tutorials for this topic? Also once I've done this, what's the best way to test it? Thanks in advance for any ideas Jonny ...

Printing postcards from publisher 2007
I have given up on duplexing my postcards with mail merge. I made two separate publications and printed the addresses on one side of the cards. Got that to work. Now I'm trying to print the four pages to the one sheet 8 1/2 x 11. It now prints all four copies, minimized into the upper left 1/4 of the paper. How do I get the program to print my postcards full size? Look at my answer in your earlier post. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy Gross" <JudyGross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6D1429-44B0-47A8-ABEB-0C84C2F749F4@microsoft....

2007 Outlook & Word as editor
Just upgraded to Office 2007 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Pt ) Windows XP Some user was having random trouble with a yellow font on received and sent e-mails and after a search in outlook general quest answered, tried various fixes. We are watching now to see if OK. Some answers mentioned the editor, so this leads to my question: what does it mean it uses Word as editor? Just Spelling, auto-correct, spacing? What else does Outlook use Word for? Thanks for your time if you use Office 2007, the point is moot for the most part - there is only one editor available when the...

Signature format changes in replies with Outlook 2007
Hi We are using Outlook 2007 and are finding that our signatures will sometimes change font and spacing in reply messages. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks ...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

Varied Account Balances
This is in reference to my Checking Acount set up in Money 2004 When I look at my Account List, Account Register and Cash Flow, all three have a different current balance. My assumption would be that all would be the same as the Account Register drives the Cash Flow. Any suggestions on the discrepancies? Account list will show the balance of the account with all future transactions as seen in the account register included. Account register shows the individual items with the rolling balance. The final figure should match the account list. Cash flow starting figure will be today'...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Disaster Recovery
Hi, I experienced a hardware failure on my vmware server which was running a SQL Server 2005 vm. I had an "older" copy of this machine with the same exact settings. I was able to bring it up but now I can't get it to talk to my DPM 2007 server which has all the SQL protected data. I uninstalled the agent manually and reinstalled it with the -dpmServerName option... still no luck. Any ideas? If I understand it correctly: 1. An SQL 2005 server which is hosted on a VM server was being protected by DPM 2007. 2. Due to VM server failure, you have brought the S...

Help Understanding Microsoft Server Products
Hi all We are looking to upgrade servers (currently running WinServer 2003) - new hardware and software. The Essential Business Server Premium pack appears to be ideal in terms of the software and package offered. BUT it appears that there will not be a version of this supporting Exchange 2010 for some months. This means we put a significant investment into 3 year old software, rather than catching the up-to-date flavour. So what's the difference between buying the EBS package and buying individual software applications separately? Also, is there additional software i...

SQL Server 2005 CAL question
If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at the HQ server. Thanks in advance. Phil get a min of 5 cals Its not only the clients to think about its also any office PC that connects to SQL. "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2F3590-032F-4B4C-9CEC-5A6A6BC7F46D@microsoft.com... > If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at > the > HQ server. Thanks in advance. > > Phil ...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

Cannot even install any longer
I have Outlook 2003 which I have used for several years and 2002 before that. This past week my machine crashed and I have installed and reinstalled all of my software many, many times. I now have everything back installed except Outlook. I cannot install at all now because I get the message that the installation source has been corrupted. I guess this is because I have tried to reinstall so many times over the past couple of weeks. All of my personal information and doctors appointments are in Outlook and now I cannot even install it! I understand the problem with bootleg copies of sof...

Remote Server did not respond to a connection attempt
My exchange 2003 has been working until 1/25/2005 when it suddenly began to queue up email with the information that 'The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt.' I've reviewed my settings (which haven't changed) and checked to see if I have been put on a spam list (not). Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan FYI: It was also on this day that Active Sync began to fail with a 3005 error. OMA and OWA as well as RPC over HTTP continue to work. Hope this additional info helps. Thanks "Dan Slaby" <dslaby3@comcast.net> wrote in...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

dc as a file server
is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 people or less. One dc is Exchange and the other is the file server. Just wondering if I should put a member server in and move the file server over to that one? any thoughts appreciated. Not necessarily. This is common for branch offices to use the DC as the office file server also hth DDS "joe schmo" <joeschmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3332409F-9184-4A3F-9DB3-1E8B57591C08@microsoft.com... > is it bad practice to have your dc as a file server as well. 100 peo...

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...