3rd Party Time Entry

Our company does not want to use PWA for time entry.  Is anyone aware of a
3rd party time entry software which I can use to import time into PWA?

There's a couple products.  I generally recommend HMS Timecontrol - but there
are others.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> Our company does not want to use PWA for time entry.  Is anyone aware
> of a 3rd party time entry software which I can use to import time into
> PWA?

0
Andrew
6/2/2010 3:56:32 PM
I have listed a few here but before you evaluate them I would consider the
enhancements made to time entry in Project Server 2010:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2009/09/29/microsoft-project-server-2007-time-tracking-solutions.aspx

--
Christophe Fiessinger
Microsoft

"Andrew Lavinsky" <(Catapult Systems)> wrote in message
> There's a couple products.  I generally recommend HMS Timecontrol - but
> there are others.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
>> Our company does not want to use PWA for time entry.  Is anyone aware
>> of a 3rd party time entry software which I can use to import time into
>> PWA?

0
Christophe
6/2/2010 4:00:22 PM
I forgot to mention that we use MS2003.

"Christophe Fiessinger [MSFT]" wrote:

> I have listed a few here but before you evaluate them I would consider the
> enhancements made to time entry in Project Server 2010:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2009/09/29/microsoft-project-server-2007-time-tracking-solutions.aspx
>
> --
> Christophe Fiessinger
> Microsoft
> http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie
>
> "Andrew Lavinsky" <(Catapult Systems)> wrote in message
> > There's a couple products.  I generally recommend HMS Timecontrol - but
> > there are others.
> >
> > - Andrew Lavinsky
> > Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
> >
> >> Our company does not want to use PWA for time entry.  Is anyone aware
> >> of a 3rd party time entry software which I can use to import time into
> >> PWA?
> >>

> .

Thanks Andrew.
Johnnie

"Andrew Lavinsky" wrote:

> There's a couple products.  I generally recommend HMS Timecontrol - but there
> are others.
>
> - Andrew Lavinsky
> Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
>
> > Our company does not want to use PWA for time entry.  Is anyone aware
> > of a 3rd party time entry software which I can use to import time into
> > PWA?
> >

> .

Thanks Christopher.
Johnnie

"Christophe Fiessinger [MSFT]" wrote:

> I have listed a few here but before you evaluate them I would consider the
> enhancements made to time entry in Project Server 2010:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2009/09/29/microsoft-project-server-2007-time-tracking-solutions.aspx
>
> --
> Christophe Fiessinger
> Microsoft
> http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie
>
> "Andrew Lavinsky" <(Catapult Systems)> wrote in message
> > There's a couple products.  I generally recommend HMS Timecontrol - but
> > there are others.
> >
> > - Andrew Lavinsky
> > Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm
> >
> >> Our company does not want to use PWA for time entry.  Is anyone aware
> >> of a 3rd party time entry software which I can use to import time into
> >> PWA?
> >>

> .

Report call times out when called through web service but not through Report Manager
Hello all, I have a Reporting Services report that runs fine when I run it from Visual Studio. It also runs fine from Report Manager. However, when I run it from an .aspx page named RSRenderReport.aspx, I get a timeout error after about 100 seconds. I have set the following: In the web.config: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="300000" /> In the code behind, RSRenderReport.aspx.vb: Dim objRS As New ReportingService.ReportExecutionService objRS.Timeout = -1 The error returned is: ****BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE***** Mess...

Assign a Value to a Duplicate Entry Within the Same Column
Within a single worksheet I have thousand-plus rows of data and one of the columns within that worksheet I have a series of numbers. After I've identified the duplicates within that column I want to assign a value based on the first time that number shows up (in this case by I'v sorted by date), so the first duplicate would have a value like "1." I then want to assign the next duplicate(s) sequentially (2, 3, 4, etc.) When finished I would want a new column of data that would have far more "1s" than "2s," more "2s" than "3s,"...

Access Report 'Graphs'
I am running a function/report that completes the following: 1. Modifies a temp table based on user selection (two variables - Easy) 2. Modifies the temp table with summary line at end of table (summarizing table data - Totals for Graphs) 3. Render a report based on that table 4. Render 6 graphs to show on the report All should be good at this point. Table is modified/updated with correct detail information and summary line. Report opens and queries the table correctly (always). Issue: Each Graph has a select statement based on each requirment (two items only) and the report runs 95...

Transaction screen resolution got changed one more time!!!!
hi, in one of my POS the Transaction screen resolutions sometimes increments its height with no reason.... After i fixed it do it again few days after.... Is this a common bug or some like that? Thanks Aldo, I've seen it happen before, it doesn't seem to be too common and don't know what the cause is. The only solution I've found is to always log in as an Limited User instead of an Admin. The Limited User cannot change the setting and make it stick, without a lot of work. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other ...

outlook times out sending e-mail
When sending e-mail, my outlook says it is send 5 messages when I have none in my outbox. Any new messages sit in the out box and will no send. I have the newest Norton Antivirus. A virus scanrequest pops up during the send cycle, bu is too quick and I can't see the message. any ideas?? R. MELAND <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When sending e-mail, my outlook says it is send 5 messages > when I have none in my outbox. Any new messages sit in the > out box and will no send. I have the newest Norton > Antivirus. A virus scanrequest pops up during the s...

run time error 429 Excel 2000
i open Excel & this activex error message shows: run time error "429" and it's asking me to 'end' or 'debug'... i don't know Visual Basic and so i keep having this error msg pop up each time i start Excel (2000)... OS: Windows ME please help! thanks much! Next time the message appears, click Debug (the fact that Debug is showing means that its an unprotected macro causing the problem) then post the lines of code that are around the yellow. This sounds like an auto-fire or add-in macro going wrong ...

3rd Party product problem
We've installed MC2's Advanced Intercompany Transactions on the recommendation of a consultant we used years ago in ver. 6. It's been fine and serves us well. I just added some companies about a week ago and everything looked fine until we tried to issue checks. When I call up the window (Purchasing/Transaction Entry) in one of the new companies, it looks fine, in the other, it the labels for the fields look like their displaying over one another. It's like 2 windows are trying to come up at the same time. Not sure whether it's a system problem, a setup/security pro...

Multiple Journal Entries
Frequently one of our users gets multiple listings in Journal from a single event. It doesn't seem to be related to the event and can be listed up to 11 times (the record). He is running Outlook 2003 on an XP sp1 Stinkpad. Our network is Novell/MS with Exchange 2000. We've tried updating client, re-installing Outlook, uninstalling ActiveSync, uninstalling Palm Desktop and hotsync, and several other time-consuming non-solutions. Any ideas? One more thing, he synchronizes all folders upon disconnection each evening. Thanks, Goatscape ...

Time Zones
When under Set Personal Options, the Time Zone drop down list box does not include GMT+12 (for New Zealand). Any ideas how I can add it in? There is a service pack that needs to be installed. You can download it from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837059 >-----Original Message----- >When under Set Personal Options, the Time Zone drop down >list box does not include GMT+12 (for New Zealand). Any >ideas how I can add it in? >. > Thks, will do that. >-----Original Message----- >There is a service pack that needs to be installed. You >ca...

Sheet moves at print time, loos fine at preview
When I preview the spread sheet the vertical relationship between the spreadsheet and the header looks fine, no space, but after I print it there is extra space between the header and the spreadsheet. What causes this? What am doing wrong? Thanks, Erich Check your left margin to see if all the row numbers are sequential. You may have accidentally decreased the row height on row 2 and yo can't see the space in print preview, but it's there when you print. If that's the case, select the whole row, right click and select Ro Height to adjust the height -- DataCollecto ---------...

Using Bank Rec for the first time
Scenario: Have been using GP for a long time with bank rec registered. Have not been reconciling, but have been doing deposits. Beginning balances for the cash account and checkbook were not entered back when GP was first implemented (2 years ago). Need to start using Bank Rec now. What is the best way to move forward into this scenario? We want to go back to the start of the current fiscal year (several months ago). We have the accurate bank balance as of the last day of the last fiscal year. I was thinking that it would make the most sense to just do an adjustment to make the checkbook...

Employee Time card form
I have a table containing two fields - Employee_ID and Time_Stamp. I've already created a form that scans in Employee_IDs; and once any Employee_ID is scanned in, the ID and scanned time is recorded to the table. In addition to what it already does, the form needs to populate the employee's punch time records for the current week. For example: (current date and time is Wednesday 9:02 am) (Form view before update) Employee ID: ___________________ (Form view after update) Employee ID: _1001 (Enter)_______ ________________________________ Employee ID: 1001 Mon: ...

Indiana to Eastern Time Zone Exchange Appointment fixer scripts
Attached are some server-side VBScripts for Exchange 2003 (2000 was not tested) that effectively change appointments created in the Indiana Time Zone to Eastern Time Zone. It fixes both the time zone tags and start times where appropriate. Recurring meetings are dealt with properly, without creating exceptions. In fact, recurrences and exceptions adjust automatically. It also fixes single occurrence appointments for Apr 2 - Oct 29, 2006 ONLY. All fixed meetings have their subject lines appended with the original time and date of the item. There are additional scripts for fixing Pu...

Free busy time O2003 / Anonymous user in 2007
Hello, How do I disable the free/busy time in the calendar for Exchange/Outlook 2003? So other users can't see the appointments of myself. In Outlook 2007 you will set this due to change the sharing permissions of the calendar, and change the default user permission to none. Any idea how you will get the anonymous user with none permissions back in O2007? What's btw the extra functionality of this user. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Peter ...

time over 1 hour #2
I have a cell that displays teh amount of time a person waited at a certain place. For example, 1:30 for 1 hour, 30 min. I need to have another cell that will tell me the time above one hour, in this case, :30 Thanks Excel counts one day as 1. Therefore 1 hour = 1/24. Try something like =A1-(1/24) Rgds, Andy With the time in A1 =MOD(A1,1/24) or if it 02:30 should be 01:30 over one hour =A1-TIME(1,,) format as hh:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "johnfli" <john@here.com> wrote in message news:e670PO%23nDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have a cell that ...

Changing text/color after a time period?
I hope some of the brilliant Excel people here can help me out. What I am looking to do, is enter a date in a certain cell (if it helps conceptualize, the date that I ship something to someone). Is it possible to have that cell with the "ship date" in it, either change colors, or change the font size, or something, after 30 days have gone by? My reasoning is that the product I ship out, has to be back to me in 30 days, or a penalty will incur to the other party. I just want these fields that have exceeded the 30 day mark, to stick out, so I can easily identify them. Thanks for any h...

Rounding up Time Values
Hi I am using the formula below to round time values up,in this case t the next five minute increment =(TIME(HOUR(BB14),CEILING(MINUTE(BB14),BB13),0)) BB13 = 5 BB14 = 16:00:02 This formula only rounds up to 16:05:02 if the time is 16:01:00 o greater,i would prefer it if the formula could make the time round u as soon as one second has passed, 16:00:01 and not when one minute ha passed. Can this be done Ad -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com What is in BB14? You can just use =CEILING(BB14,5/1440) will do what you want Or if there are dates as well you can just format...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

2nd time posting this problem, pls help
Dear Kindly solve my problem table t1 has fields pictures, name in design view pictures field is ole object and name field is text. now in table, i have inserted some jpeg pictures in field pictures, correspondingly written some name in name field if we open table t1 to view. pictures name package n1 package n2 package n3 package n4 package n5 package n6 now i have written a small query as select t1.pictures from t1 where name = x; x is given in run time, like any thing as n1 /n2/n3/n4 /.... let say x is n2 now. i a...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 ignoring british summer time
Hello, We've got a installation of CRM 3.0 with rollup update 2 installed. Win 2k3 EE SP1 as guest on ESX 2.5 host. The guest servers are on BST (GMT+1), however any dates get saved on GMT on the database. This throws reporting off which is a serious concern around here. MS seemed to have pulled rollup update 3, however I went through the list of individual updates and none seem relevant Any ideas? Anybody suffering from the same thing? TIA The Crm database allways stores time in GMT. The conversion to and from local time is done in the user interface. The CRM database does...

Exporting hand-picked entries of the calendar?
I tried several different ways to export my calendar at the office but didn't have luck in trying to do what I needed. I use the Calendar very heavily as a reminder system as I prefer how it handles the recurring information over tasks (it's far superior). But I have so many at home and so many at the office, it would be nice to find a way to "synchronize" some of the entries back and forth. Obviously the work-related reminders of the office I don't need at home, and the home-related reminders are definitely not needed at the office, except for a small handful of remin...

changeing the time CRM sends emails
Hello I have set up various workflow rules that send an email reminder for us a couple of weeks before a contract expires. Is there a way to set the time that these email reminders are sent? At the moment they are coming through at 00.00 which is a pain if you have a blackberry by the bed and they do not get actioned staright away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks ...

Sum by range of time
Hello, I have a column of values (A) and a column of times (B). The times fall between 8:00am and 10:00am, but I'm only interested in the values between 9:00am and 10:00am. I want to sum all values in column A whose time values in column B are >=9:00 and <=9:59. I've tried sumif, nested if, or() and and() functions, and I can't get anything to work properly. Can anyone help? Thanks! Hi One way =SUMPRODUCT(($B$2:$B$100>=TIME(9,0,0))*$B$2:$B$100<=TIME(9,59,0))*$A$2:$A$100) -- Regards Roger Govier "rocketD" <darahx@gmail.com> w...

chart a time frame
I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of projects where each project has a start date and an end date. I need to chart these projects all into one chart showing the start date and end date for each different project in a monthly calander type of format with the months going across the top of the chart from left to right. I'm having trouble finding a chart that will plot these dates as point "A" and point "B" with a line in between for each different project. What type of chart should I use and how can I get the results that I'm looking for? Thank you ...

Current Time subtract a specific amount every second
I have a total in A1 and B2 I want B2 to be subtracted from A1 every second of the day.. Based on the Current Time in D4 D4 contains =now() Is this what you want: =a1-b2*mod(d4,1)*86400 Format as number Regards, Fred "Jman" <Jman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1759EFC-38AF-443D-A72A-8ED946580876@microsoft.com... >I have a total in A1 and B2 > > I want B2 to be subtracted from A1 every second of the day.. Based on the > Current Time in D4 > D4 contains =now() > "Fred Smith" wrote: > Is thi...