2007 install - only standalone option available???

Could anyone tell me why I am only getting a standalone option to install
from my purchased copy of MSP 2007?
I am installing onto a machine that previously had MSP 2003 on it. We have
removed MSP 2003 completely.
Could it have anything to do with being logged into the server locally? We
have had problem logging in with our added admin account we set up.

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

Trial Office 2007 Professional
I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. I am attempted to download trial Office Professional 2007 on a New Microsoft 7 system. I am getting the error message "Outlook 2007 with contact manager can not be installed until Outlook 2007 is installed, please insert CD1" I do not have a CD, I am trying to download from Microsoft. What can I do? "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB0ADCF-870A-46FE-AD75-CB977ECC67B6@microsoft.com... > I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. > I am att...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Conditial Formatting Not Available
After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or disabled. I tried Compact and Repair but it didn't work. Any ideas? James Duh. I was selecting a label instead of the field. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:uJhfSCSKIHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now > the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or > disabled. > I tried Compact and Repair b...

Failed CRM for Outlook Install
I am trying to install CRM for Outlook on a computer but it kleeps failing with the following error: "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook" The user has Administative rights to the system, she has an account in CRM and a license. This is very frustrating since I have to clean up the registry every time I reinstall since it crashes before putting anything in the add remove control panel. Any ideas? -- Francois Try to uninstall MSDE and make sure you have all the databases removed. The default in...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

Sales for Outlook Installation 10-24-05
I'm having trouble installing CRM sales for outlook. The installation errors literally on the point of finishing. The message is "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for microsoft crm sales for outlook". I have searched the knowledge base and newsgroups to find any info on this matter but at the moment I have struggled to find any signifcant information. The pc used is running XP pro SP2. Thanks for any assistance in advance ...

outlook installation
I have a big problem, I install outlook, but Outlook doesn't want to function. It says that i need Outlook express, and when i'm searching for Outlook express, it isn't on my XP PRO. I download IE6.0 and Outlook express, and when I'm installing it, It answers that it exists a more modern version. I'm going crazy. (I apologise about my english, but I'm french) ...

How to enter Employer Stock Grants (not Options)
What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years Thanks in advance flmiami In microsoft.public.money, FL wrote: >What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: > > Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years If there are no dividends, you can enter it as an employee option with 0 strike price. "FL" <flmiami@nospam.com> wrote in message news:31Duf.92970$k76.64496@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the foll...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Group / ungroup Publisher 2007
I am trying to group 2 pictures in a text box using Publisher 2007 and Vista. The select / unselect items in the Arrange menu are greyed out. I believe I should be able to use the select tool to draw a box around the items but nothing happens when I click on it. any thoughts please Do you have a border on your page? Are you certain you are selecting all the objects? What happens if you do CTRL+A with your cursor outside the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ancre15" <ancre15@discussions.micro...

Excel 2007 macro compatability
I have created a macro in Excel 2007 that includes importing a text file. It works fine on my PC, but fails on a co-workers PC running Excel 2000. The failure points to the "TextFile Platform" command in the macro. I have tried several (437, 1252, 20127), but get the same results. Any solution? Thanks you. Have you try xlWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Al @ Frontier" <Al @ Frontier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F601F80-F099-42C8-AA18-6D31A85946F9@microsoft.com... >I have cr...

Installing Office 2007 on new laptop
I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 day free trial of Office 2007. After the disk has been installed and I click on the icon to open the program I get an error message that says something like "You are unable to sign in because the server is unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and get the same result. This was a disk purchased as a student/instructor disk and has never been used before. On 3/21/2010 11:28 AM, Linda wrote: > I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 ...

bug in Excel 2003; need to install Excel 2002
I have Office 2003, and I found a bug in Excel 2003. The linear regression results using Excel 2003 differs with that of Excel 2002 for some cases. How do I can uninstall Excel 2003 (and install Excel 2002) without affecting the other Office apps (like Word 2003 and Powerpt2003)? Hi Excel 2003 has solved some bugs/errors with statsitical functions. So I would guess the 'new' result are more correct than the old ones -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Speqter" <Speqter@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:451EE055-7023-4C3B-B816-829BA9FC6E...

Installing mailbox manager in Exch 5.5
I am trying to install Mailbox Manager in Exchange 5.5 and I keep getting the error "unable to install MBClean99 admin extension" during the install. Then the install fails. I cannot get past this. I am logged in as the exch service account and it definately has permissions to write to the "add-ins" directory. I have exch 5.5, sp4 on win2000 member server. thx, Clay Hilton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843495 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:42:36 -0500, "Clay Hilton" <chilton@jam.rr.com> wrote: >I am trying to install Mailbox Ma...

Replacing a disk in DPM 2007
The host on server 1 corrupts and can't be repaired or hard disk fails. Either way need to restore complete host Q)What do I need to get the server running again? Do I need to do a complete clean re-install? Does the agent need to be re-installed? If so is there additional configurations server side I need to do? ...

Microsoft Office Student 2007 activation issues
I have recently installed Windows 7 and have had to reinstall my microsoft office program. The installation went through correctly, no problems there. My problem is with activating it. I go through the activation and choose to convert to the full product right away as I have a product key for a full version. I put the product key in and accept it. I choose my options and then it goes to configuration. The configuration goes through correctly and then I get prompted to restart all microsoft office programs for the changes to go through. I do that and then it prompts me to activate...

Filters in 2007
Filters in 2007 are obnoxious. Everytime you want to drop down on a particular value of the filter, you have to through filter->type of filter --> value of drop down. In the earlier version of excel , one could do just drop down on the filter and that's it. Is there a simpler way to do this in 2007 ? ...

2007 to 2003 Formating issues
We are creating files in 2007, but have to save in 2003 because not all users have 2007. As a result, we are losing formating. It will wipe out colors, wrap text, make pivot tables just data etc. When we open 2003 we get the message "Too many different cell formats" any suggestions? Install the compatibility Pack on the 2003 PCs and stick with 2007 format Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 file formats http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx Wayne wrote: > We are creating files in 2007, but ha...

Outlook 2007 with multiple mailboxes
I have a secretary that my manager wants to be able to see his emails. I set her up with his and her own account. The problem is when she replys or forwards the email, we want it to come from her email not his. Outlook 2007 is too smart and changes accounts when she forwards account so it looks like the manager has replied when the secretary has done on his behalf. You set her up as a DELEGATE and it is doing what you told it to do. If you only wanted to give her permission to see his inbox and calendar you should have set the permissions on the folders directly, and not use the "D...

Access 2000/2003 use in Access 2007
I work on several 2000/2003 Access apps- multi user, split, that all croaked when the switch to 2007 was made. Problems range from not opening, dead forms, to very slow but working. Are there known issues or settings such as enabling VB that I should know about?? Start with Allen Browne's list of changes/issues/new bugs: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html If you describe more specifice issues maybe someone here can help. Applying A2007 SP1 can help with some issues. "Lanceu" <ulich1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d1495612-4496-4a46-b94c-d16088e80a10@f47g2000hsd....