[P2007] - PWA Access Denied after AD password change

Hi,

I have a PM user who has just changed the login account password in AD and 
after that he is no longer able to login to PWA, an access denied message 
will show up instead. Even if I assign him as an administrator, he is still 
getting the same problem. He has no issue using Project Professional (with 
his account) to connect to the project server, it is just the PWA that he is 
unable to access. Did anyone encountered the same issue before?

Regards
Godrid
0
Utf
1/13/2010 9:02:01 AM
project.server 1346 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
2496 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

Godrid:

Most likely his desktop is sending the incorrect credentials. Verify that 
the user didn't save the password for using the Manage Passwords feature and 
also try clearing the browser cache for the user. If neither of these do the 
trick, have the user try logging into another computer and see if the 
problem follows. If not, you may need to recreate the user profile on the 
problem machine.

-- 
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com

"godrid" <godrid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A4E35105-2C8C-4718-9B21-9A82B20D752C@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a PM user who has just changed the login account password in AD and
> after that he is no longer able to login to PWA, an access denied message
> will show up instead. Even if I assign him as an administrator, he is 
> still
> getting the same problem. He has no issue using Project Professional (with
> his account) to connect to the project server, it is just the PWA that he 
> is
> unable to access. Did anyone encountered the same issue before?
>
> Regards
> Godrid 

0
Gary
1/13/2010 1:47:15 PM
Hi Gary,

I have tried it on another machine and the user is still not able to login. 
What will happen to the tasks and timesheet data of the user if I recreate 
the user profile?

Regards
Godrid

"Gary Chefetz" wrote:

> Godrid:
> 
> Most likely his desktop is sending the incorrect credentials. Verify that 
> the user didn't save the password for using the Manage Passwords feature and 
> also try clearing the browser cache for the user. If neither of these do the 
> trick, have the user try logging into another computer and see if the 
> problem follows. If not, you may need to recreate the user profile on the 
> problem machine.
> 
> -- 
> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
> 
> "godrid" <godrid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A4E35105-2C8C-4718-9B21-9A82B20D752C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a PM user who has just changed the login account password in AD and
> > after that he is no longer able to login to PWA, an access denied message
> > will show up instead. Even if I assign him as an administrator, he is 
> > still
> > getting the same problem. He has no issue using Project Professional (with
> > his account) to connect to the project server, it is just the PWA that he 
> > is
> > unable to access. Did anyone encountered the same issue before?
> >
> > Regards
> > Godrid 
> 
0
Utf
1/14/2010 2:26:03 PM
Very strange. I was talking about the computer profile but that is 
irrelevant if the problem follows. So, please make sure that the user is not 
assigned directly to any categories, and does not have any permissions set 
at the individual level. Then remove them from their current group 
memberships and save the resource. Then edit the resource again and add them 
back to their group memberships. If this doesn't help, I suggest that you 
consider opening a support call with Msft.

-- 
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com

"godrid" <godrid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:2DB43762-3B81-4B42-A466-CA7E4D05E846@microsoft.com...
> Hi Gary,
>
> I have tried it on another machine and the user is still not able to 
> login.
> What will happen to the tasks and timesheet data of the user if I recreate
> the user profile?
>
> Regards
> Godrid
>
> "Gary Chefetz" wrote:
>
>> Godrid:
>>
>> Most likely his desktop is sending the incorrect credentials. Verify that
>> the user didn't save the password for using the Manage Passwords feature 
>> and
>> also try clearing the browser cache for the user. If neither of these do 
>> the
>> trick, have the user try logging into another computer and see if the
>> problem follows. If not, you may need to recreate the user profile on the
>> problem machine.
>>
>> -- 
>> Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
>> msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com
>>
>> "godrid" <godrid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A4E35105-2C8C-4718-9B21-9A82B20D752C@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a PM user who has just changed the login account password in AD 
>> > and
>> > after that he is no longer able to login to PWA, an access denied 
>> > message
>> > will show up instead. Even if I assign him as an administrator, he is
>> > still
>> > getting the same problem. He has no issue using Project Professional 
>> > (with
>> > his account) to connect to the project server, it is just the PWA that 
>> > he
>> > is
>> > unable to access. Did anyone encountered the same issue before?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Godrid
>> 
0
Gary
1/14/2010 4:22:14 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

how do i change tick marks of excel graph from vb.net
I'm trying to change using VB.NET the tick marks from their default outside position and place them inside the graph. How can this be done? ...

Excel, how do I change the column headings from letters to number
I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the standard letters. How can I change this back to letters? Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General tab. There, uncheck the R1C1 reference style setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "lazybee" <lazybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030962A3-A111-4780-93C0-1D28003F1F20@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the >standard > letters. How can I change this ...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes
How is one supposed to address the DST changes for Exchange 2000 if they do not have extended support to get the patch? Will Microsoft be providing a workaround like they did for Windows 2000? I'm referencing the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930879 It states : What to do before you run the Exchange tool Install DST updates Before you run the Exchange tool, make sure that client and server computers are updated correctly with the operating system and application DST updates. These updates must be installed in the following order: 1. Install the Windows DST upda...

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

Insert,Update Data in sage (MS Access Linked tables) using Vb.net form
Hi folks, I am developing application using vb.net which requires integration with SAGE LINE 50 (Accounting software ) V11... The data which SAGE is using is MC ACCESS 2003 database... with linked tables in it... Now I Have developed the Sage connection using ODBC which works fine when reading the record but cannot Add or Update record into the Linked tables.... When i debug the program the error is at the line where it has... <br> MyodbcCommand.ExecutenonQuery() <br> Can anybody Help ????? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/acce...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

password
I want to password protect my excel file(s) but the Password option is not displayed in the Save As Tools drop down menu? Anybody have any ideas why it is not displaying? Henry, To password protect your files you need to look under "Tools" -> "Protection" then you need to decide wether you'd like to protect your sheet or workbook... Once you save a protected file next time you need to modify it you'll notice the protection. To allow users to modify some values use the following Hold down shift Select the cells you'd like to have your users modify Right ...

Adding a certain text label in a excel chart
I am plotting in regularly basis a certain set of data in excel. Based on some data analysis this set of data has to be fitted to these equations: y = 1/x^a (1) and /or y = b/x^c (2) from data analysis, constants a, b and c are found and are placed lets say in cells A1, B1, C1. On my graph, I am putting then two small text labels where the real equation is displayed: smth. like: y = 1/ x^3.45 and / or y = 0.256 / x^3.12 The whole process is similar with excel curve fitting, when the “show equation on chart” is checked. Thank you in advance My question is: Can ...

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

Duplicate Containers in AD after Exchange 2003 Migration
The scenario is: We migrated from an NT domain to a 2000 domain. Then about a year later we migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Once the migration was complete, we discovered that there were duplicate containers and OUs in "Active Directory Users and Computers" which were empty. For example, when we did the AD migration we created an OU hierarchy at the root of the domain. After the exchange migration we found a duplicate hierarchy structure under the Users container but it didnt actually contain any objects/information that was in the original OU structure. We don...

Program Trying to Access Email Addresses #3
Outlook 2002. When I try to create new mail, forward, or reply I get a dialog box telling me: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". How do I determine what program is trying to access the Outlook addresses? I have up to date Norton Anti-virus definitions and have done a system scan, with nothing detected. Thanks for the help. ...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Changing named range reference depending on a cell's content
Where to start?! I've got the following formula pulling data in from a secon spreadsheet within the same workbook: =IF($I$7="MICH",INDEX(MICH,MATCH($D7,LOB,0),MATCH($F$5,Month,0)),0) We have 8 different locations ("MICH" being one of them) that we nee to be able to access. I can write a nested IF formula that looks a cell I7 (that contains a list of all 8 locations) and, depending o I7's content, brings back the desired values. I was hoping someone in the forum could help me write a simpler formul that would not have 7 IF statements embedded in it. Any help w...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Color change in cell when > 49.99
I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to aplly this to: =HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20) have you tried conditional formating? format>conditional formating >-----Original Message----- >I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or >higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. >im running excel 2000. and i ...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...

unable to link from Access to excel named range error 3011
I have a list of xl workbook names in an Access table. My code cycles through these names and finds them in a directory. This works flawlessly. Now I want to find and name ranges in the workbooks, and link to them from my Access db. The process works for the first 2, then fails on the 3rd. I don't see what's different about the 3rd tblName lclName CellTxt RngNm Active and Approved Pending Stores*.xls xlStores Location Code Stores Annualized Rent Batch*.xls xlExtras Store Number Extras ...