Working on a MAC with PowerPoint

I hope someone can help me.  I've got the whole Office Suite for MAC on my
Macbook Pro.  I love working with PPT and I've created a nice presentation
for our staff to view.  Now, I know to save the presentation as a .ppsx so
that it will open as only as a slide show.

My problem is that I've used certain MAC fonts in my presentation that may
not be found on PC's so therefore, if I run the presentation on a PC it looks
different because it tries to use different fonts in place of the ones that I
used on the MAC.  Is there a way to just have PPT launch exactly what I
created and not replace fonts when I send a presentation from a MAC to a PC?

Thank you in advance for your help.

ED ARANGO

In article <977554FC-A9BA-43EE-9085-9C95E35CC261@microsoft.com>, Edarango wrote:
> I hope someone can help me.  I've got the whole Office Suite for MAC on my
> Macbook Pro.  I love working with PPT and I've created a nice presentation
> for our staff to view.  Now, I know to save the presentation as a .ppsx so
> that it will open as only as a slide show.
>
> My problem is that I've used certain MAC fonts in my presentation that may
> not be found on PC's so therefore, if I run the presentation on a PC it looks
> different because it tries to use different fonts in place of the ones that I
> used on the MAC.  Is there a way to just have PPT launch exactly what I
> created and not replace fonts when I send a presentation from a MAC to a PC?

If the fonts you used on the Mac aren't installed on the PC, then it's GOT to
choose some other font to use for your text.

Going from PC to PC, you can embed some fonts into the presentation file, but
Mac PPT versions can't embed fonts or use embedded fonts.  If you can do a bit
of editing on a PC that has the needed fonts, and if the fonts are embeddable,
you might be able to solve the problem that way.

You'd still have font failures when the presentation's viewed on other Macs that
don't have the same font.

You can give a heavy sigh, then stick strictly to fonts that are likely to be on
all computers that will view the presentation.  Suboptimal.  Yes.

Depending on how you go about it, you can make PDFs that embed needed fonts in a
way that's cross-platform compatible.  PDFs won't do all the animations and
other effects that a PPT will, but if your needs are simpler, they're not a bad
way to run a slide show.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Conditional Formatting through VBA works in print preview but nowhere else!
I'm trying to put together a report in Access 2007 where the detail record is displayed as a different background color depending on the value of a field. There are more than 3 conditions, so I've opted to attempt this via VBA. It works- but only in print preview.... Why? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'd really appreciate some help on this one. Code: Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) Select Case Me![Status] Case 8 Me![Text43].BackColor = RGB(165, 165,...

Peoplesoft add-in doesn't work with Excel 2003 (in IE)
Hi, I'm currently trying to resolve a function problem with the nVision Drill Down option available from Peoplesoft. We have a peoplesoft website that displays the reports (Excel spreadsheets) within the IE web-browser. Once the report is displayed they highlight an amount and press the menu option listed as nVsionDrill. However this action does nothing. If they save the Excel spreadsheet to the hard-drive and open it externally from IE they are able to select the nVisionDrill option, however the links are broken if it is not opened from within the IE page and they can't progress ...

Visio Pan & Zoom Widget -- Has anyone found a way to make this feature work with Netscape of Firefox Browsers ?
This might be hard to believe, but some of my clients use browsers other than IE. 2nd Post in two weeks Still looking for an answer ...

Sending to Hotmail not working
Exchange 2003 SP1 Windows Server 2003 AD 2003 Domain (not installed on MX server) I'm able to send and receive mail from/to any domain just fine, except hotmail.. I'm able to receive email from hotmail, but when I try to send to hotmail I see it sitting in the queue on the exchange server as active, but they just sit there.. It was working yesterday.. I confirmed that reverse DNS is properly set up.. I did the EDNS registry entry (EnableEDNSProbes).. any other ideas what the problem could be? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:19:38 -0700, "Michael Miazga" <mm267@hotmail.co...

Intelligent Message Filter not working
Hi All, I am having a battle to get intelligent message filtering working. I have installed SP2, changed the reg to download updates, configured the default SMTP server to use IMF, set my thresholds, but nothing is being filtered. When I check the events log, there are no logs for any filter events. I have re-started the SMTP service and the server, but still nothing. Is there anything I can check to see what is happening or not happening? Many thanks in advance. Download Microsoft Exchange Server Intelligent Message Filter v2 Operations Guide. You find a few ways to monitor using even...

can someone tell me why this isnt working? #3
no, that still didnt work... this is SO aggravating, i've been like half a step away from finishing this whole project for 4 days now. -- samccune ------------------------------------------------------------------------ samccune's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14597 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263653 On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:52:29 -0500, samccune <samccune.1d9clz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >no, that still didnt work... this is SO aggravating, i've been like half >a step away f...

Problems getting EPSON TM-T88III Printer to work
We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers. Two of the cashiers work properly and 2 don't. When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error window with the text: Error occured in calling the health check method Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A) ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712) The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that are not working. We have checked with our partner but everything that they tried has not worked. We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working stations to one of t...

Powerpoint 2007 03-12-10
I have tried to change the theme or template to an existing presentation but Powerpoint will not apply the change? Suggestions? How are you going about changing the theme/template? What is happening -- or not happening, as the case may be? Which version of PPT? Assuming PPT 2007, you might try hitting the Reset button on Home tab | Slides group (next to the New Slide button). Sometimes if there are a lot of customizations to the slide in question, you have to reset its layout. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoic...

Fields used Standard Cost Rollup Work
We need to better-understand how the SC Rollup works. Specifically, what field(s) does GP use to calculate proposed standard cost for PURCHASED items? We're getting funky data and need to drill down on it. Thanks, in advance, for your help. G ...

Outlook 2003 Add-In buttons stop working after remote desktop connection
All current XP and Office patches installed (not XP SP2 yet). I'm not certain of exactly how to reproduce this because it is kind of random. I have a custom addin and after accessing outlook through a remote desktop connection the addin button stops working sometimes (keeps working at other times). At first I was thinking it was something with my addin, but I noticed that the same thing happens with Import New Assignments from the Project addin for outlook. When you click on the addin button on the toolbar nothing happens - it doesn't cause an error or anything, it's just like ...

Just make them work correctly!!!!!!!!!!!
When windows that have a scroll bar do not maximize, what's that all about? Have you ever tried to build a P&L with the layout window when it is only 1/4 the size it should be! These features all worked with GP 9.0. Why are they gone now? Even Peachtree and Quikbooks have that feature. By the way, I am not speaking of windows that do not have a scroll bar. -- Phil ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do ...

RequiredFieldValidator not working for dependent dropdown
I have two dropdowns: I've added a first item like "Please Select" to each and each has it own RequiredFieldValidator control which fires if the user does not select something. The code for the second one looks like this <asp:DropDownList ID="ddl2" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" AppendDataBoundItems="true" ...... OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddl2_SelectedIndexChanged"> <asp:ListItem Text="Please select" Value="0" /> </asp:DropDownList> ...

CButton::SetImageList Not Working
Hey , I have tried to make CButton::SetImageList work but it doesn't. I am using the following piece of code map.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP2); imageList=new CImageList; lst = new BUTTON_IMAGELIST; imageList->Create(105,56,ILC_COLOR8,0,5); imageList->Add(&map,RGB(0,0,0)); lst->himl=(HIMAGELIST)imageList; lst->margin=CRect(0,0,105,56); lst->uAlign=BUTTON_IMAGELIST_ALIGN_RIGHT; m_editOnline.SetImageList(lst)); When this executes , i Don't get any images on the button. All I get is a change in the text alignment. What am i doing wrong. u.q. &quo...

Does Money for Pocket PC working with WM 5??
I try to sync the data with my desktop but never success, please help. ...

trim and clean not working!
I have pasted text from another app. It looks like it has a space at the beginning. When typing text in a cell a space must be put in at the beginning to make it align with the text pasted in. I have used both CLEAN and TRIM to no avail it just trims the text that was typed and leaves the pasted text with the space at beginning. I have also tried pasting it into wordpad and notepad and pasting it back to excel and the space is still there. Any Ideas? Hi Larry, If you want to get rid of only the first space, and assuming that your text is in Column A, then try something like this, en...

Outlook 2000 password doesn't work... :-(
In Outlook 2000, I set a password for my personal folder ..pst file. But... this password is never asked for - I can start Outlook and go to the personal folder without having to enter this password. However, if I want to change the password, I DO HAVE TO enter the password, so Outlook somehow seems to know about this password. Strange... Is there some option or registry entry I have to change to "activate" password protection? Thanks for any hints! Thomas ...

Why does Money 2005 work like molasses?
See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. "Ara" <arakafafian@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:9htLd.2595$Ck1.563175@news20.bellglobal.com... > > Because it's winter? -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "Ara" <arakafafian@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:9htLd.2595$Ck1.563175@news20.bellglobal.com... > > It's a feature! "Ara" wrote: > > > ...

IMAP4SVC doe not work
I have MS Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. After last power outage IMAP4SVC does not work. Microsoft IMAP4 service sown as STARTED in services, but Virtual IMAP4 server in System Manager is down. When I'm trying to start it I see the message, that IMAP server shows specific error and can not be started. There is a Warning in Event Log with Source: IMAP4SVC and Event ID: 1036 "An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x36b7" Please advise, thank you, Gary Uber ...

Outlook Rules that don't work
I have a similar problem to the one below. Rules do not work unless run with the 'Run Now' option. Has a solution/workaround to this been discovered yet? Many Thanks, Neil Ramsay. >I discovered something I think might be the problem: My rules do not >execute when they come in even though the rule wizard says to "apply these >rules after the message comes in". If I click on the box at the bottom "run >now" and then check off the boxes for the rules I want to run, they execute >on the messages in my Inbox. >Any idea why it behaves this way? ...

How do I create a rule for a mailbox with no single user, which works all the time
I work for a small UK charity. We are running Exchange 2003 and we have separate email addresses for each member of staff and for several areas of work which small groups of staff work on together. Our main email address for the organisation begins info@..., but Yahoo does not allow us to use that email address for our subscription to email discussion groups (an anti-spam measure). I wanted to use one of the other 'area of work' email addresses (library@...) for sending messages to a Yahoo group we are a member of, and to set up a rule in Outlook to forward messages from the Yahoo g...

Why does Excel 2000 stop working after installing Crystal Reports.
I installed Seagate Crystal Reports 9.0 to a user's laptop. The Crystal Reports works fine, as well as all other MS Office applications, except Excel 2000. A memory address error pops up when attempting to start Excel? Can anyone help? ...

import all outlook express 5 data from Mac to PC
Hi, I have the following setup: mac, os 9,2 with outook express 5,0,4. PC with win2000, outlook 2002. I want to import all emails, contacts etc from outlook mac to outlook PC. All folder structures should be imported. my question: is there a easey way to do this? the datasize of the outlook mac-data is 1.5 gb, so just sending over the emails doesn=B4t really work, unfortunately. I have a 2gb memorystick which I can use to transfer data. As far as I=B4ve seen the outlook mac-data seems to be in the folder "identities" under "microsoft user data" - but how do I import a...

How to capture powerpoint events in applescript
Hi, I want to create an applescript which open's a saved PPT in powerpoint, let the user edit it and as soon as the user closes the PowerPoint OR saves it, the script should get notified. Does PowerPoint send an Apple Event (applicaiton close event) which the apple script can capture. Is there any way to capture events sent by other applications in applescript. Thanks in advance PS: Sorry for multiposting. I had posted the question on mac.office.powerpoint but have not received any reply yet, So am posting it here again. Again: Please do not post the same question in multiple groups....

How does the email router work?
As I understand it you set a rule on the user's inbox that forwards the email to the CRMMail account. What I am not clear on is whether 1) The emails forwarded will be viewable by all users or 2) You can set it so that emails are forwarded to the relevant user only. What i am trying to do is to allow users to view their exchange inbox from within CRM. If option 2 is possible, could someone explain to me how to accomplish this? Thanks What is seen in CRM is NOT the exchange inbox. They are seperate records and are only loosely linked. Deleting one does not delete the other, so...

Is there a stability issue when working with graphs?
Every time I copy a graph from Excel into PowerPoint 2007 then try to format the graph, PowerPoint freezes up. For kicks I waited over an hour to no avail. This problem also occurs when I choose to build the graph within PowerPoint. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a solution? Thx Start by making sure you have SP2 installed...and then install this hotfix: http://blogs.technet.com/arykhus/ -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36g...