VBA to convert PowerPoint presentation to Word

I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
PDF conversion.

I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
does not include any of the following:

- text added on a blank slide layout
- text in a text box
- tables.
- images.

Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
tables?

Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster
www.sfmta.com/webmaster

0
Charles

On 3/30/10 2:41 PM, Charles Belov wrote:
> I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
> PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
> PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
> PDF conversion.
>
> I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
> does not include any of the following:
>
> - text added on a blank slide layout
> - text in a text box
> - tables.
> - images.
>
> Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
> Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
> tables?
>
> Charles Belov
> SFMTA Webmaster
> www.sfmta.com/webmaster

I don't generally work with VBA between PowerPoint and Word, but I think
what you want to do is possible. I could imagine cycling through each
shape in each slide of a PowerPoint file and copying and pasting that
into a Word document. Basically, I'm saying that I'm fairly sure that it
is possible, but I can't give you specifics about how to do it.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...

Excel sorting prob with Word links
1) thru the Edit\PasteSpecial\PasteLink function in Word, I have linked what I highlight in Word (a reference point) to a particular cell in Excel. 2) I plan to have several thousand such rows of data in Excel, each one linked to a particular location in what amounts to many different Word documents. 3) My intended goal is to be able to access a point in Word, by double-clicking the appropriate cell in Excel. So far, so good . . . it works. MY QUESTION/PROBLEM IS THIS: I desire to sort those eventual several thousand rows of data in Excel, each one with a link to a Word location, and ...

Publsiher convert to??
Have created a document using Publisher(office 2k). The doc contains graphics and text. Some of the folks I need to send to do not have Pub. Is there anyway to save Pub. document in any other format that will include graphics? Thank, L. Many folks here like the free Primopdf program which will save Publisher and most any other produced file into pdf format. A couple of pdf readers to consider are Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader. Adobe Reader is about 20 mbs in size and Foxit is about 2mbs in size and is a great option for those who have dialup Internet service. http://www.adobe.co...

Converting a number to 2 decimal places
I would like to be able to type a number into a cell and have i automatically converted to a number with the last 2 numbers to th right of the decimal point. For example, if I typed in 1234, it woul become 12.34. How can I do that -- mattsla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mattslav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37648 Tools>Options>Edit Check Fixed decimal places Set for 2 Does that help? Ron -- Ron Coderre -------------...

Convert EXE to use MFC in a shared DLL
Hi, An existing EXE uses MFC in a Static Library and I would like it to use MFC in a shared DLL instead. On changing the setting to use it in a Shared DLL, it throws up a lot of linker errors like: Launcher error LNK2005: "class CWinApp * __stdcall AfxGetApp(void)" (?AfxGetApp@@YGPAVCWinApp@@XZ) already defined in mfc70ud.lib(MFC70UD.DLL) What other changes do I need to make to support this? I'm using the Multi-threaded DLL vesion of the CRT, if that is of any significance. Thanks, Sucharit ...

I wish excel to convert number to words ie 23 to twenty three
i need excel to convert number to words ie 321 to three hundred twenty one etc http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm The link above is a good place to start. "razacbq" wrote: > i need excel to convert number to words ie 321 to three hundred twenty one etc ...

paste to word
How do I paste from excel to word, witout getting the grid lines? I have tried filling whole sheet with white and when I paste to word, I still get the grid lines. Ross In Word - Table|Hide Gridlines -- Ian -- "Ross" <ssor@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:WGzZe.2177$7b6.328@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > How do I paste from excel to word, witout getting the grid lines? I have > tried filling whole sheet with white and when I paste to word, I still get > the grid lines. > > Ross > Thanks Ian, Boy am I thick. I should have known that :) Ross &...

Linking Excel to Word
I am writing a monthly report in Word 2000 whose figures and charts come directly from Excel 2000. The excel model changes every month, and the changes must appear automatically in the Word report. So, the .xls and the .doc files have to be linked dynamically, with something like OLE or DDE. I would like to know what is the best strategy for linking the files, that gives the lowest overhead to Windows 2000 (at home Win XP), is not exposed to corruption problems and if possible, respects the original format of the excel file. I have tried: *** Strategy 1: In my Excel file I Shift/Edit/C...

outlook moves words/letters
While typing an email on Outlook 2003,words and/or letters are randomly moved to other parts of the email. Very frustrating. This on a laptop. I have seen this happen when the Number part of the keyboard gets locked in the ON mode. (Like using the <ALT> key) In other words when you type the letter "k" you really type a number "5". -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mike" <mrosenfield1948@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b98d01c3b92f$d1991d60$a601280a@phx.gbl... While typing an email on Outlook 2003,words and/or letters are randomly moved to othe...

Maximise viewing window in Word and Excel by default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I had this problem in Office X and was able to solve it: I'm using a small 12' Powerbook and always I have to manually expand the viewing (open program) window in Word and Excel to achieve the maximum available screen view. The default is usually not reaching the bottom of the screen and I also need to move the window up to fill in the small blank space as it's floating. I had to resort to creating macros using Visual basic and then saving those as default templates in Word and Excel. I see that Office 2008...

Word quits
I have had a problem with Word quiting abruptly. I have Office 10 and twice it has quit when I have been trying to use the data merge for labels. It has also quit a couple of times when I have been copying and pasting from Appleworks documents into a word document. I would appreciate any suggestions on this problem. Thanks Hi Doug, Standard Troubleshooting Procedures for Word X: See here to make sure you are fully updated: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/vxversions.html Then check for general troubleshooting tips: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/word/troubleshooting.html I...

create a textbox from VBA
How do I place a textbox on my page and center the text in the box from VBA? The "Circle Shape" example at www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm shows how to use DrawRectangle to create a shape. You should be able to see how to manipulate text in one of the other examples. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Lisa" <Lisa@nomail.com> wrote in message news:OM3eSXJ1DHA.2872@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How ...

use of contractions in Word e-mail editor
Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. I've tried without success to locate anything in the grammar settings that could drive such an outcome. "Dale Pittock" <dpittock@enterprisecenter.net> wrote in message news:02fc01c356e0$70ff2be0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, > can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to > the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. ...

Split cells VBA
Hi everyone, I've been using the following (kindly supplied by Rick Rothstein) to split address items. Sub SplitCells() Dim X As Long Dim Z As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Sections() As String With Worksheets("Sheet1") LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For X = 2 To LastRow Sections = Split(.Cells(X, "A").Value, "/") For Z = 0 To UBound(Sections) ..Cells(X, Z + 2).Value = Sections(Z) Next Next End With End Sub I now have lots of single sheet wkbks which have named sheets. I've tried taking t...

word 2007 how can I look at the html source code of my document
I am trying to look at the html source code of a word doc I saved in web page format. In 2003 I used to be able to look under view and source code. I am not finding the answer anywhere. I need to copy the html and paste into a myfamily website I subcribe to for the front page. Open the html page in a text editor such as notepad and copy it from there. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org &l...

Convert all messages to plain text
Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the Internet to plain text? I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain text. I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1. Thanks On Thu, 4 May 2006 07:39:02 -0700, Jonathan <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the >Internet to plain text? > >I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain >text. > >I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 S...

What is the process for converting a word doc to excel?
I would like to convert a word doc that is a list of email address and import those address's into outlook express address book, a group. How do I do that? It is asking for csv file format. James - If the data's in a word table, or even a list of paragraphs, copy it, paste it into Excel. You may want or need to run Text to Columns on the Data menu. When the data is all fixed up, save the worksheet as a CSV type file. I think for the import into Outlook Express, the first row of the input file must be field labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tech...

How to convert an access rpt to a table or how to export it to exc
I created a report using 3 tables in Access. I need to export the data into Excel. Every way I have tried has messed up the formatting therefore, the wrong data is in the wrong fields. I even tried putting it into a .txt file first and nothing works. Help! Modify your query to return the values you need and use the TransferSpreadsheet method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "TracySLPS" wrote: > I created a report using 3 tables in Access. I need to export the data into > Excel. Every way I have tried has messed up the formatting therefore, the > wrong data is...

No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)
I have a simple 2-column table containing agenda items for a meeting. The left column contains the topics. They are formatted as a numbered list. The right column contains the subtopics. They are formatted as a bulleted list. It looks like this: 1. Topic 1 * Subtopic * Subtopic 2. Topic 2 * Subtopic 3. Topic 3 * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic The paragraph settings for both columns are the same: 6 pts Spacing before 0 pts Spacing after Checked Don't add space be...

converting an access database to a web page in frontpage
i need help converting this database in frontpage....I have the database linked to a web page in frontpage. however it is only a table and I cannot convert the table to all input in the fields. YOU KNOW HOW THE $6.00 WILL GET YOU THOUSANDS STARTS, I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. WELL, I FIGURED THAT IT WAS A LOAD OF CRAP, I THOUGHT THAT WHY ON EARTH AM I GOING TO SEND ANY MONEY TO PEOPLE THAT I DON'T KNOW.FOR WHAT, TO BE ON SOMEONE'S MAILING LIST. COME ON FOR GOODNESS SAKE, I AM A FINANCE MAJOR, I THOUGHT NO WAY. SO AFTER ABO...

2003 documents converted to 2007, lines drawn in are misaligned
I have 100s of documents converted over to 2007 and anywhere there were lines drawn in from the "shapes" menu - they are not lining up properly on the page when printed out. ...

PowerPoint text box linked to Excel spreadsheet range
I have a PowerPoint Presentation with 186 slides. I would like to create a text box in each slide that is linked to an Excel spreadsheet range B2:B105. I would like each text box in each slide to display a random row in range B2:B105 from the excel spreadsheet each time the slide is displayed in the slide show. Is this possible? Can you tell me how to do it? ...

Powerpoint 2007 / Windows 7 avi videos turn black
I have hundreds of Powerpoint Files with thousands of avi files integrated. Since i reinstalled my System with Windows 7 the Videos in PPT tunr after playing into a black box instead of showing the last frame. The same PPT-Files runs in Windows XP without any problems. I tried different codecs. I also tried to reduce the hardware acceleration. Has someone a a quick word of advice for me? Many thanks in advance. Regards Matthias "Matthias F." wrote: > I have hundreds of Powerpoint Files with thousands of avi files integrated. > Since i reinstalled my...

Pastelink to Word
Excel table with first line = repeat on each page when printed ---- when I pastelink to WORD, the whole table runs over two pages without the repeat header line. ---- Is this possible or do I have to split the table into chunks that fit on one page? and then pastelink page by page? ---- or is there a way to do what I want to do? thanks ...

converting the xml to string
Hi Everyone, I am constructing an xml file, but when I try to read it there are some extra slashes in the output. Can anoyone tell me why there are some extra slashed and can i send the file to web service with those extra slashes. below I am constructing the document StringWriter sWriter; SqlDataReader dr; dr = SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(connectionString,"SP_UsersData_Get"); XmlTextWriter w; sWriter = new StringWriter(); //w = new XmlTextWriter("C:/text.txt", System.Text.Encoding.UTF8); w= new XmlTextWriter(sWriter); w.Formatting=Formatting.Indented; w.Indentationfilt...