VBA to convert PowerPoint presentation to Word

I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
PDF conversion.

I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
does not include any of the following:

- text added on a blank slide layout
- text in a text box
- tables.
- images.

Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
tables?

Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster
www.sfmta.com/webmaster

0
Charles

On 3/30/10 2:41 PM, Charles Belov wrote:
> I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
> PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
> PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
> PDF conversion.
>
> I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
> does not include any of the following:
>
> - text added on a blank slide layout
> - text in a text box
> - tables.
> - images.
>
> Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
> Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
> tables?
>
> Charles Belov
> SFMTA Webmaster
> www.sfmta.com/webmaster

I don't generally work with VBA between PowerPoint and Word, but I think
what you want to do is possible. I could imagine cycling through each
shape in each slide of a PowerPoint file and copying and pasting that
into a Word document. Basically, I'm saying that I'm fairly sure that it
is possible, but I can't give you specifics about how to do it.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Installing 2007 OHS after uninstalling word, ppt and excel 2003 pro
I have just uninstalled Word, PPT and Excel 2003 Pro so I can install these 3 programs in the 2007 versions. I am fearful that I might not be able to use my Outlook 2003 after I install these new versions. My questions are: 1. Will Outlook 2003 use the Word 2007 email editor now (I know there were issues in the past)? 2. When I install the new versions do I have to keep any of the information from the 2003 version? Will it prompt me as I install? 3. If there are major issues I can't resolve right away can I simply uninstall my new versions and reinstall my 2003 again so I ...

Some features of Word 2007 will not work
I bought the Office Home and Student 07 program so I would have the luxury of having Word and Excel on my personal laptop. I was unaware that it was not working properly until I began a Word 2007 class. The first thing I noticed was the spell and grammar check feature did not work as it should. Insted of using the window that would go through the document for the changes, I need to right click on the squiggly lines. One other feature I have found is that the colors do not show what color and percentage they are when they are hovered over. Right now these are the only two issues I ha...

DDE calls fails for Word 2007. ?
I am using win32APIs for DDE call eg. DdeInitialize , DdeClientTransaction etc.. Now, if the word document is on local machine then my example works fine. But when i try to access the same file from remote locations ( all rights are granted ), DdeInitialize fails with error code : DMLERR_NO_CONV_ESTABLISHED. is it due to the open issue of Word 2007 ?? ( Network based Trust Locations do not work. Macros in templates hosted in such locations will be disabled. : http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/products/FX101517941033.aspx#24 ) ...

Where do I find the "Convert to PDF" Addin for Publisher 2003?
I have Publisher 2007 at my job and I got the addin for converting to PDF or PDX (I think its PDX) that seems to be an official Microsoft addin. Im using Publisher 2003 at home and cant seem to locate its version of that PDF converter. Anyone have the link to that? There is no such thing. You will need a third-party program to create .pdfs. (It is .pdf, not .pdx.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBC22EAC-9A79-45A1-A79B-C7A5E3630D...

XML 2005 Late-Breaking and Product Presentation Deadline
XML 2005 Late-Breaking and Product Presentation Deadline - Tutorials Added/ changed XML 2005, November 14-18, Atlanta Hilton Hotel, Atlanta, GA http://www.xmlconference.org The deadline for late-breaking, product presentations, and town hall submissions is Friday, September 16. http://2005.xmlconference.org/node/31 The late-breaking presentations are intended to be filled with late- breaking news; however good presentations on other topics that don't duplicate material already on the program will also be considered for these slots. Submissions on fresh topics such as Ajax, alternatives ...

Word Automation
I've got an Excel macro that opens up a Word document, then uses Find/Replace on the Word Document. Upon testing, it seems the code is able to find the text, but is not replacing it. I don't get any errors when the code compiles or runs. Following is an Excel macro I wrote as a test. When I copy this macro into my word document, remark out the lines that don't apply to Word (references to WordApp and WordDoc), and replace WordDoc with ThisDocument in the first line of my With statement, it runs fine. Any thoughts? Sub Test() Const X As String = "%LetterDate%&quo...

Can i any how add insert graphics in presenter's notes section?
Is thre an add-in or anything at all that will allow me to do this? In article <6d110048-043b-45a6-b14b- 300abd918b8a@u6g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>, Perfection wrote: > Is thre an add-in or anything at all that will allow me to do this? Not in the notes pane that appears beneath the slide in Normal view, but if you switch to Notes Page view, you can add graphics, shapes, text and pretty much anything you like to the notes page. It'll appear in notes view and on notes printouts. ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://www.pptfaq.com/ ...

Can Word 2000 run under Windows 7?
More in hope than expectation, I just tried installing Word 2000 (from the complete Works Suite 2000) on a brand-new PC running Windows 7 Home Premium. The installation appeared to go perfectly, but when I first tried to launch the program I got this message: "Required registry information is missing and this application cannot run. Please run setup again to correct this problem." A bit of Googling turned up the information that this message can turn up in Windows XP and Vista too, so it doesn't seem to be particular to 7. But none of the information I've f...

PowerPoint 2007 Org Chart Text Box Autofitting Option
I am working in PowerPoint 2007 (Windows 7). I've created an Org Chart, but I want the text to STOP autofitting in my Org Chart text boxes. I right-click on the text box, I click on Format Shape. In the dialog box that opens, I click on the Text Box option on the left. On the right, the option to Stop Autofitting is dimmed, as are several others. In PowerPoint 2003, there was a Fit Text toggle on the Org Chart toolbar that did this for me. Thanks. Annoying isn't it? The only way I've figured out to do it is to select the box or the whole chart and set a font...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

Access 2003 converts mdb when opened by VB app
I wrote a standalone VB6 app a few years ago that maintains a .mdb database. One of my users has reported today that its suddenly gone wrong, and is reporting missing indexes, fields etc. He has Access 2003 installed, but that's been true for a while. Looking into it a bit more, what appears to happen is that when the VB app opens the database, the Access dlls are converting the mdb automatically to the new format. We see the dialog on screen to say that the db must be converted. In the process it loses the primary key, and one other field as well, which then makes it incompatible with...

Compile VBA script to make it portable to other computers
Hi, I made a Word VBA script, which doing various operations on file and headers, footers, etc and i want to move it to other computers. How this can be done? Is there a way to compile script? "huk" <piotr.huk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:44e8e2b7-34ef-479f-8509-db99cef04571@l19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I made a Word VBA script, which doing various operations on file and > headers, footers, etc and i want to move it to other computers. How > this can be done? Is there a way to compile script? Distributing macros to other users http://...

What is a file permission error when saving a document in Word 07
I am trying to save a word document I am working on and after I hit save I get the message "file permission error". What is this? and how do I fix it? Thankyou Hi jcs0730, Is the file on removable media (eg CD/DVD or a USB stick)? If so, that may be the cause of the problem. Alternatively, if you've accessed the file from a read-only location on a network, you could get such an error if you try to save your changes back to the same location. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "jcs0730" <jcs0730@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Convert Access 2000 to Access 2.0
I am working for a company that is running Access 2.0 ( seriously ) I want to modify an existing report in access 2000 but then export it so that I can use it in Access 2.0 Similarly, I want to export a query created in 2000 ( or 97 ) and export it so that I can use it in Access 2.0 Anyone know how to accomplish this feat ? Thanks in advance -- ============================== I don't believe it's possible. You can get data from Access 2000 to Access 2, but I think that's it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "D"...

PowerPoint / CGBitmapContextGetData: invalid context
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, After installing Office on a new Mac, I noticed, via Console, that Word (which is the programme I use most of the time) was generating literally hundreds of error messages, of the form "cgbitmapcontextgetdata: invalid context". After puzzling over this for a while, and rooting around to find possible solutions (there appear to be none on offer), I decided to try updating Office. The update of Office (apparently to version 12.1.7) appears to have solved the problem with Word; when Word is open and runni...

in word, i want to change subsection 3.2 to 4 and continue
not sure what u call the labelling, but below u can see "3 tools" and then 3.1 and 3.2 etc. I want to change 3.3 to the higher level label (like 3, but in this case 4, and update the number going forward). ################################################### 3 Tools There are several intelligent matrix switches on the market and there are many similarities in some of the products available. Two that will be discussed here are the Gigavue-420 from Gigamon and the NetOptics Director. (The NetOptics products are also re-branded be Netscout.) 3.1 Gigavue-420 Key Feature...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Moved to Word...

Exporting word document to quickbooks
How can i export a proposal form from word into quickbooks pro 2009? AFAIK, this isn't a function of Word, so you might be better off asking QuickBooks support. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "dunedweller" <dunedweller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E26EEE58-B634-4505-B587-95F9F4C1E2CE@microsoft.com... > How can i export a proposal form from word into quickbooks pro 2009? I see no hint or suggestion on the QuickBooks site that this is possible. There are several features of the software that deal with reports, forms & invoices ...

Converting multiple data codes to numbers
Hi there, I have an extensive data set entered in excel. The data includes several codes with number-letter combinations (e.g., 1a, 1b, 2f, etc). I need to convert these codes to numerical values (e.g., 1a = 1). There are too many to use the search / replace command. Is there a formula I can use to change the codes more efficiently? Thanks. Assuming your codes are in one column then you may use VLOOKUP... 1. Set up two columns first with current codes (1a,...) and second with corresponding code you want (1,...), say in Col C and D 2. Now if you have your old codes in...

Automating My Name with Page Numbers in a Word Doc.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I know how to automate page numbers for a whole document, but what I want is to automate my name and page number in the bottom corner of a document. For example, &quot;Smith p.1., Smith p.2., Smith p.3.....&quot; without having to type my name and page number in individually. It needs to appear just like that, with p. for page. <br><br>Thank You! Hi, place your cursor in the footer, then left- or right-align the text and type your name, followed by a space and a full stop,...

VBA Script for copy and paste to save
I think I may be asking for too much. I tried Recording a Macro for Saving the content on Cell A1(which is where I previously enterd a name), then go to "file", then "Save as" and then try to Paste In the "File Name" Window. It doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to swing this one? You could embed that value directly in the code--you don't need to copy|paste into the dialog: Something like: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ActiveSheet.Range("a1").Value & ".xls", _ FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal tamato43 w...

Convert excel file to jpg format
Can an Excel file be converted to jpg format? I do a lot of graphics in Excel and need to be able to send the file in a usable format to be used as an newspaper ad. Any suggestions? Hi Rafael, Using OfficeXP I can't get that to work. When I go to paste nothing shows up? I tried both Paste and Paste Special. Here's another method that I have used. Open the workbook to the desired worksheet and get the appropriate area of the worksheet centered on the screen. Then hit Print Screen. Then open any type of photo editor that you may have. I use MS Photo Editor included with Offi...

Graphic converters
I am trying to insert some clipart into a Publisher documetn and I am getting an error message saying "the appropriate graphic converter is not available. How do I get these converters? I have reinstalled MS Office ans installed the Service pack 1. Please help. -- Sarah You cannot preview or insert images correctly when you use Web Collections to search the Internet for clip art thumbnails in Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822518 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sa...

Word 2007 Will Not Apply Styles
I am an editor, so I am generally sent documents that are jumbled-up messes when it comes to styles/formatting. I edit and fix these problems. It seems lately that I keep running into the same problem over and over. Let's say I have a document that has a title with the Heading 1 style and then a few sentences that are styled as Normal. I want to create a new style for the sentences called "Style 1" and change the font/text size/etc. I highlight the sentences, click the "New Styles" button, set up the style, and click OK. Normally, it would apply my n...

Multiple orientation in Powerpoint 2007 presentation
I'm trying to create a photo presentation in Powerpoint 2007 that needs to have portrait and landscape slides in the same presentation. Trying to create presentation to be displayed on a digital picture frame. Tried the MS help suggestion but can't seem to get the link to work. I followed the instructions and saved the project, but when I run the slide show the liked slides from the other presentation don't appear. Kevin, You can't have different orientations in the same presentation. On the other hand, if I understand how digital picture frames work, you don&#...