Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import

I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars
within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits
that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link
for your members.

www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces
video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be
instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as
PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic
flexibility of use.

It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major
uptake is from within the e-learning production area, and as a
consequence many of its features and functions have been incorporated
specifically with e-learning in mind.

This is a desktop solution so there is not web streaming etc., you
control how you use the output.

There is a demonstration of such in the demonstrations area, the top
video was produced using Camtasia importing an alterego character
using the PIP (Picture in a Picture function).

There is also a free download version.
0
BigFella

>I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars
>within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits
>that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link
>for your members.

Really?

Where exactly?

TAJ

0
TAJ

Using SQL in Get External Data
I want to populate my spreadsheet with data from an external SQL Server database. I've setup the ODBC data source as a DSN name and can access the database's data with no problem. My question is how do I run an SQL SELECT statement against that database. Where can this statement reside? Thx all Hi I'm not overly-knowledgeable about this, but I use Data / Get External Data / New Databse Query (on XL2K) Hope this helps. -- Andy. "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:O6btXG8IEHA.2376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I want to populate my spreadsheet with...

using the same CRM connection to add tables
Hello, I'm creating reports in CRM using the microsoft CRM connection to get the data. In a previous workout I added some sights and want now to add some further sights. Now the problem: How can add tables or sights using the same connection I used in previous workout. If I add new tables, sights a new connection (*SSO*) is added and this is more than worst to the report speed. Thanks for your help Thomas Ott (itvt germany) ...

How to import flow charts made in excel to visio as editable text #2
I have created flow charts using drawing objects (rectangles, circles etc) in excel. Now I want to import these diagrams in visio, such that I am able to edit the text entered in the rectangles etc while preparing the charts in excel. I have tried it by copying the individual rectangles / circles in excel and pasting them in visio. But they appear in visio as uneditable objects (similar to jpg image of text which cannot be edited as text). Kindly advise on how to import the excel diagrams as editable visio diagrams. See reply in visio.general group -- Best regards John John Gold...

Importing OE 6 folders from ME to XP?
Hello, My question is in regards to importing Outlook Express folders from a machine with Windows ME to a machine with Windows XP. The XP machine already has folders set up with many ancestry mails that cannot be lost. If I export from the ME to the XP machine will the current XP folders and mail be deleted from the XP machine or just added to the current XP OE folders? Sorry if this is confusing but I have been unable to find any answer on this. I just am not sure if the old OE folder contents will be added to the new OE folder contents without deleting the new OE folder mail. Thanks Ka...

Allow User to access hotmail through otlook using proxy
I have to setup outlook 6.0 for user hotmail account and that user has no direct internet. I have proxy through which i have to give this. I tried it in tools-->options-->Connections-->Internet Connection sharing--> (It open Internet properties of I.E connection TAB) in the connection tab --LAN setting --> proxy server -->i gave proxy IP. This all does not help as the error is proxy requires Authentication. How can i configure client somputer as he does not get error message and he is able to download email through outlook. I do not want to give direct internet...

Using VBA to setup calender to determine sales quantity
Hi, I have a problem with this: I have a worksheet named Sales historical data: Column A: Dates Column B: Phone Description Column C: Sales quantity I need to get the total sales quantity for 5 days. On the left hand side, i want to create a calender in which i can choose the date. then on the right hand side, i want to create another calender in which i can choose the date again. So when i choose a date in both calender like for example, 17 Feb 2010 to 21 Feb 2010, the TOTAL sales quantity for all the 5 days will appear below. Can anyone assist me? If cannot, is...

What's the best way to find out if user is currently using mailbox ?
on Exch2000Sp3, I go to Systems Manager and I see mydomain\certain user mailbox. Last logoff time = blank. As an example, I compare my logoff information: my Outlook is currently opened but my logoff time = 10/07/04, 9:00AM Are those info reliable indicators of current mailbox activity ? Please advise. If policy allows, examine the sent items folder. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23%23LdPdMrEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > on Exch2000Sp...

Parsing imported csv data
I need to find a way to parse data that I'm importing when the data has a comma "," delimiters. Sometimes the string has a comma in the name (i.e. GenVec, Inc. or RealNetworks, Inc) and sometimes the number amount has commas indicating thousands or millions. I have no control over the format of the imported data since it comes from an external website. I'm using XML functions to import such as: Dim objXML As Object Set objXML = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP") Debug.Print "Company Name = " & Split(objXML.responseText, ",&...

enter # 12.00 for examples and excel use 12.00000028434000
This happens (frustratingly - because I cannot proof footing and crossfooting. It seems that Excel just adds in the extra #'3 after the .00. I will delete the number and rekey it and the extra decimals come again (albeit different #'s). I will delete the row and rekey the 12.00 again and yet I get something like 12.00000658745000 (different decimal number but same problem). Hi Bill Looks like you've taken the wrong option in format cells. Select all ( Ctrl - A ) if you wish to keep the same for the whole document or select those particular cells only, right click, format cells,...

Problem with very simple context sensitive report
Hi, I want to make a report context sensitive on a custom entity. To test, i made an very simple report with this query : --- SELECT cust_name FROM Filteredcust_prod CRMAF_Filteredcust_prod --- I chose the correct related records, etc. When I try to edit the default filter, I get a blue screen, no error, nothing. The report does not start. But the preview works fine and when i go to http://crm/Reports/ it works too. When I change the query to try on another custom entity like this and change report settings accordingly : --- SELECT cust_name FROM Filteredcust_s...

Useing IF statements to change a cell color
I know this has been beat to death but I just cant seem to figure it out. This is what I want to do =IF(94<D8<97,[change cell color to red],[do nothing]) I have tried the conditional formatting but the value in D8 is referenced from another page in the same worksheet. How can I get this to work? Thanks. It will be a conditional format. A cf wants either a true or false answer. So for your example this formula should do =and(D8>94, D8<97) which will colour the cell based on your formatting choice when D8 is between 94 and 97... -- HTH... Jim Thomli...

Virtual SMTP Server causing inetinfo.exe to use load of RAM
Hi ALL I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server. I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail. Any help or guidance welcome Martin "Martin" <martin@purplespot.co.uk> wrote: >I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) >box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe >steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the serve...

Use this corrective package
--geowkusdhtepajouj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vbvuoffqmjj"; type="multipart/alternative" --vbvuoffqmjj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xewryhgo" --xewryhgo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help...

Powerpoint / Excel: custom pp RGB color doesn't match identical Excel custom RGB color
Office 2003: I have a Powerpoint master template with a custom color (main slide fill color), RGB 0 51 153. I want to paste an Excel chart. In Excel, I create a custom color for the chart area using the same RGB code, copy the chart and paste it into a powerpoint slide, and the colors don't match. This illustrates the problem, with background/area colors. Same problem with fonts, etc. What on earth causes this? Switching to HSL doesn't help. HELP? Thanks. Perhaps this will help: http://www.echosvoice.com/charts.htm Be sure to hit the links about color schemes and MS Graph and...

problems of using input through speech recognition
Hi please let me know what are the difficulties arise while using speech recognition as a method of entering input. regards raghunandan kumar the only hassle I found is to read the various paragraphs and clearly speak the words so that speech recognition can eventually understand what you are saying. -- -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx "raghunandan kumar" <raghunandan kumar@discu...

import slide show into publisher webpage
I have done our company's webpage in Microsoft Publisher. I am trying to attach our powerpoint presentation so that when you are in the webpage, and you double click on the powerpoint presentation it goes into the slide show as it does in powerpoint. How do i do this? Refer to FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 about 12 questions down. DavidF "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C79091EE-895D-4599-912B-43C4F9E76E78@microsoft.com... > I have done our company's webpage in Microsoft Publisher. I am trying t...

Use of Month() within SumIF()
I have a formula problem related to the use of the function month(). My data spreadsheet contains multiple columns 2 of which are Date & Sales. I am trying to export to another sheet the sum of each months sales using the formula sumif(range,month(),range. The month() formula refers to a cell with an interger from 1-12 corresponding to the month I want total sales summed for i.e. sumif(range,month(3),range) for March. Myh answer always comes up 0. What am I doing wrong. I realize there are other ways of accomplishing this (pivot tables, additional columns etc.), however, th...

How do I define production planning using Visio flow charts
I need to produce a flow chart to 'specify' the stages of manufacture. Can anyone show me the basic layout please? That sounds like a Value Stream Map. Look here for an example and instructions. Even if you don't have Visio 2007 Professional, this may give you an idea. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA101130241033.aspx?pid=CH100985561033 -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "George" <George @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Non-inventory item (Can we limit access to who can use this?)
Can you limit by access level on who can ring items up as a non-inventory item where you have to put in your own price? I want to be able to only let managers access that. Also, how can you bring up a report and have in the description field for the non-inventory item, what you wrote in there when you rang the person up? For instance we have item "000" as the non-inventory item code... the cashier uses this for now for items not in the new system and can edit the description and price at the time of purchase. When I try a sales report to see what was sold in a given period...thes...

Radar Plot using geographical coordinates #2
I am trying to generate a circular radar or XY scatter point plot using geographical coordinates referenced to a tower in the aproximate center (with its own geographical coordinates and the plotted data in 4 quadrants (+X/+Y, -X/+Y, -X/-Y and +X/-Y) in order to plot the RF field strength of an FM broadcast station. I have 5 columns of data: 1 the Latitude coordinates of the tower for center reference. 2 the Longitude coordinates of the tower for center reference. 3 the Latitude coordinates where I took the measurements. 4 the Longitude coordinates where I took the measurements. 5 The RF...

Can't use Outlook2003 as admin
On a personal pc when logged in as admin cannot send or receive e-mail. But when I go into another user (as user, not admin) I can send and receive email. Any ideas? RandyBKC wrote: > On a personal pc when logged in as admin cannot send or receive e-mail. But > when I go into another user (as user, not admin) I can send and receive > email. Any ideas? Oh, "cannot send or receive". And that tells anyone else WHAT? How do YOU know that e-mails don't get sent or received? Any error messages? Since you are logging under a different Windows account, hav...

Cell color change without using conditional formatting
I have a multi-tab workbook with several checklists. Once item on list is complete owner puts YES in status box and cell turns green. I have a combined list of all the tabs on another sheet. I need the combined list to pull the YES response from each individual checklist tab and also turn Green. Conditional formatting will not allow cross worksheet actions. Is there another way to pull all the YES data into the overall checklist? thanks Trese Trese, Conditional Formating WILL allow cross worksheet actions, but the cell(s) referenced on the other worksheet must use an Excel Name (Inse...

Use color in a IF formula
hi i would like to change the color of my text, for different condition in a IF formula. I know that it's posible but a just don't remember the syntax. ex: =if(A1>=100;(red)"To much";(green)"To low") Thanks No. But you can do conditional formatting that says if your cells says "too much", to make it red. Format-->Conditional Format... ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Estyl" <Estyl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0FD2B8D-85B4-4453-8739-E00B982F9851@microsoft.com... > hi > i would like to cha...

Import data from a secure Web page
How can I import data from a Web page that has a security login? (I know how to use Web Queries - they work on web pages that doesn't require password login) Hi Aura, Record a macro while accessing the secure page and you will see that Excel creates a field for the password. -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "Aura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05B9C3F4-028C-4DA1-B28E-8D2ABC543EA2@microsoft.com... | How can I import data from a Web page that has a security login? (I know how to use Web Queries - they work on web pages that doesn't...

Importing column in comma saparated values.
Hi, This is my first post here..:) I have some values in a column in excel and I want to have them i comma saparated values. The Outout can be in any type of file as lon as I can copy it..I am sure, the experts here can solve this and hel me a great deal...Please help... Thanks in advance. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could File/Save As then select .CSV ??? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If it's just one column (out of many used columns), then I'd just copy and paste into NotePad and save from there. But I'm not quite sure how y...