userform in powerpoint

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.

I was trying to use a userform for my powerpoint presentation. It will
require users to enter some textboxes fields. When users are done with
filling out the fields, the data will be dumped on to the powerpoint slide.
How do i do that in VBA?

Thank you in advance

In article <96C8A826-F1AC-4B2F-9D91-782627F0E17E@microsoft.com>, Associates
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.
>
> I was trying to use a userform for my powerpoint presentation. It will
> require users to enter some textboxes fields. When users are done with
> filling out the fields, the data will be dumped on to the powerpoint slide.
> How do i do that in VBA?

Assuming you've created text shapes on slides named them something useful, you
could have the OK/Close button in your form run something like:

With ActivePresentation.Slides(1)
    With .Shapes("TextBox1")
        .TextFrame.TextRange.Text = Me.Textbox1.Text
    End With
End With

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
4/30/2010 1:19:14 AM
I believe something like this might work.

'Code for submit button on user form
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
EnterInfo
End Sub

'Code in Module
Dim Info1 As String 'place this at top of module

Sub EnterInfo()
Info1 = UserForm1.TextBox1.Text
ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes("Name of shape to display
info").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = Info1
End Sub

--
Mike Mast
Special Education Preschool Teacher

"Associates" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.
>
> I was trying to use a userform for my powerpoint presentation. It will
> require users to enter some textboxes fields. When users are done with
> filling out the fields, the data will be dumped on to the powerpoint slide.
> How do i do that in VBA?
>
> Thank you in advance

no text convertor is installed for this type of file -powerpoint
A ppt file which I had worked on earlier now refuses to open using PowerPoint. I get a error window with the message " PowerPoint can't read the outline from c:\users|abcd.ppt. No text converter is installed for this file type. I am surprised because this is a file that I had created and worked on and now it doesn't open in PowerPoint. All work gone to waste? If your using PowerPoint 2007 it might be that the PowerPoint presentation was created in PowerPoint 95 and 2007 cannot open presentations created that far back. You would have to use an earlier version of P...

Unable to send via e-mail a PowerPoint presentation (Office 2007)
Have OS Windows XP, Office 2007, Norton 360. I created a PowerPoint presentation using the template "Space-the Final Frontier" and was not able to send it via Outlook. Outlook dumped the outgoing message into my Deleted Items folder. I disabled Norton outgoing mail scan with the same result. Husband with Vista OS and Norton 360 was able to send using the PowerPoint Office (big round button) drop-down menu, but when I tried that, the message appeared in my "Sent items" folder in Outlook, but was never received. Which issue is the problem? How large is the PPT...

PowerPoint-tags in Excel
Hi folks who know the use of tags in PowerPoint, I have presentations in PowerPoint using MSGraph 2003 and here's what I want to do via VBA. This part I understand how to do: Get the data from the MSGraph datasheet into an Excel worksheet. I want to create the chart in XL using a Library of charts. That I can do as well. I'd like to automatically re-insert the XL chart back into PPT on correct page and correct size. I suppose I could write the appropriate values to the Excel worksheet and go delete the original chart in PPT and size correctly. Anyone have any better ideas? Is there...

Excel & Powerpoint lesson plans?
Does anyone know where i can find lesson plans for powerpoint and excel? i'm starting private lessons with my first customer this weekend so really need something asap! thanks! x ^ ^ 0 Since you are going to profit from this, perhaps you would pay someone to supply you with this resource? collzy wrote: > Does anyone know where i can find lesson plans for powerpoint and excel? i'm > starting private lessons with my first customer this weekend so really need > something asap! > > thanks! > > x > > ^ ^ > 0 &g...

powerpoint viewer 2007 on Windows Embedded Standard 2009
I had trying to install powerpoint viewer 2007 to my windows embedded system, but it cannot open pptx file and get an error message "This file requires the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system to view its contents." After i installed fileformatconverter.exe, i get another error message "The converter failed to save the file". The powerpoint viewer does run 2003 ver file only for 2007 ver having this problem. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01CAA3DD.08611340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"...

Update a text box on a userform
I am not sure if this can be done, but it would be great if i could ge this to work.... I have 3 worksheets....Named SALES - CONTAINS MY USERFORM DATA - HOLD CORE DATA LONDON - DISPLAYS SALES FIGURE what i am trying to do is basically on the sales sheet, when iclick th new sales button at the top of the page, a userform will pop up. i want to be able to fill out the form, and when i have chosen the mak and model of car i want the text box to look display the recommende selling price for that car depending on the details in the data sheet. Is this possible please. if so how... cheers A...

Open userform on MouseMove at a prticular point #2
Hi Jon, Thanks for the response. Will check out Pearson's site. Manges -- mangesh_yada ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27480 ...

New to powerpoint 2007. How to use macros to move picture.
Hi. I am not very good at ppt but can someone tell me if there is an effect to re-size an image. What I would like to do is have a page that shrinks the image to the top left corner and then displays text. I know there are lots of special effects for images.I want the top corner of the image fixed so that the image retreates up and right. I have been asking this question for over a week now. A reply takes a day. I have a presentation ChildrensTalk.pptm On Slide 8 I have a jpg file called WaterWine.jpg Sub Test() Dim oSh As Shape ' Create a variable to hold a reference '...

userform help
I'm trying to insert data into the first empty cell. My code keeps overwriting the last entry...could someone help me figure out where I've messed up? Thank you in advance Dawna Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim rRng As Range Set rRng = Range("A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) With rRng.Offset(rRng.Count + 1, 0).Select rRng.Offset(1, 1) = Me.TbDate rRng.Offset(1, 3) = Me.cboname rRng.Offset(1, 5) = Me.TbPO rRng.Offset(1, 6) = Me.TbCustom Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim rRng As Range LastRow = Range("A&qu...

Creating a Powerpoint object (in XP onwards) with an ActiveWindow
Hi guys - I'm new to this forum - I think I'm going to enjoy wadin through the tips in here. I've been doing advanced Excel design an VBA programming since 1998 but haven't come across this site before. Anyway - I have a problem. When using Office 97 I wrote a suite of macros for my employer whic was designed to write variable query strings to apply to imported data which would then be squirted into user-defined chart areas, cycle eac 'variable' variable (and all combinations thereof), copy the char containing the data that matches, and paste into an output sheet as ...

embed online video on Powerpoint on Mac
Hi. I have an online video that I'd want to embed in Powerpoint. I am working with version Office 2008 on a Mac. I did some searches online and found directions to use Active X Control but I can't located this in the version that I'm using. Thank you! Hi, I believe it is not possible to embed videos in your powerpoint using Office 2008 on a Mac. I found this article online showing the steps needed to be taken to insert a YouTube video in PPT; there is a user that asks if it will work on a Mac(see the comments section). Another users says that is it impos...

importing a table in powerpoint to excel
how do i go about importing a table in powerpoint to excel? Hi, Just copy and paste. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Lynn" wrote: > how do i go about importing a table in powerpoint to excel? > ...

Demoing Excel within PowerPoint
I am attempting to demo Excel as part of a PPT show. I realize I could just run Excel alongside of PPT and shift from one program to another when needed. But what's the fun in that? I want to have a mostly blank spreadsheet object on a slide which, when clicked, would enable/activate a functioning Excel spreadsheet that I could edit live and display features of Excel. What I've done thus far is: insert a spreadsheet object (tried both 2003 and 2007 objects); select the object and choose Custom Animation; and set Object Edit On Click. However, the click produces nothi...

Place video directly into powerpoint not separate file
How do I embed video directly into my PowerPoint presentation so that it doesn't have to be in a separate file What version of PPT are you using? PPT 2007 and earlier, no video embed option. PPT 2010, see this post: http://pptblog.tlccreative.com/index.php/2010/05/12/ppt-2010-is-my-video-going-to-be-embedde - Troy Chollar - A Microsoft PowerPoint MVP "royalblue" <royalblue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93ED3643-ED7C-451B-BD93-1DA3AC76B05F@microsoft.com... > How do I embed video directly into my PowerPoint presentation so that it ...

I want to make a bouncing ball follow text in PowerPoint,
I want to make a bouncing ball follow the text in a PowerPoint presentation, can someone help tell me how this can be done. I have seen this done but can not find the way to do it. thank you never saw an "automatic" way to do this - I can only think moving the ball about with motion paths, manually created and timed. Time consuming at best. "Charlie" <Charlie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D63BC1EA-B8A5-4CE5-9C18-A08BFF77FE5A@microsoft.com... >I want to make a bouncing ball follow the text in a PowerPoint >presentation, ...

PowerPoint Attachments
I have onr computer in our office that refuses to open a PowerPoint attachment in any way than as a slide show. Does any one know how to fix this problem? How is this related to Outlook and what is the file extension on the PPT file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jim asked: | I have onr computer in our office that refuses to open a | PowerPoint attachment in any way than as...

hyperlinks breaking in powerpoint 2007
i got a new computer with office 2007. when i open the 2003 version of my large powepoint file (around 125 slides, saved up to almost 16,000 KB but ususally around 9000KB) and do ANYTHING, save as a 2003 powepoint, close and reopen, the hyperlinks do not work. the hyperlinks are for mostly all between the different slides. when i have been updating on a computer with office 2003, i think i may have hit the limit with the amount of hyperlinks and will try to create smaller titles, but the problem is not the same. on my computer pretty much all the links are broken and seem to be p...

powerpoint not opening files
In article <ee84e9c.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, PS <> wrote: > After the OSX10.1.9 update Powerpoint shuts down as soon as it opens a file. You're still running Mac OS X 10.1?! My goodness, how do you manage?? -- Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM filter. JR ...

copy userform
I want to copy a user form from one workbook to a instruction manual. I just want the form with no functionality oldjay Show the form. hit alt-prtscr on the keyboard Open up your manual (in MSWord??). locate its new home hit ctrl-v (to paste) (Alt-prtscr just copies the active window to the windows clipboard) Oldjay wrote: > > I want to copy a user form from one workbook to a instruction manual. I just > want the form with no functionality > > oldjay -- Dave Peterson Hi Oldjay, Open your workbook Select the cells you want to copy Open MS Word (or whatever program...

Userform with option buttons to print selected sheets
Can anyone help me with code to help me buid a userform in which a user selects the sheets in the workbook to print using option buttons ? Once the user has selected the sheets another button prints them Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger How about using a combo box. Place a combobox and command button in a userform and try the below code Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ThisWorkbook.Sheets(Me.ComboBox1.Text).PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Sheets Me.ComboBox1.AddItem ws.N...

Office 2004: Accessing a network share causes Word, Excel and Powerpoint to crash
Just wondering if any other early adopters have come across this bug in Office 2004 for the Mac. So far I have experienced this with Word, Excel and Powerpoint. If you have a network drive mounted that is the same name as the home directory on your local Mac (i.e. your username in both locations e.g. juser on the local Mac and JUSER as the server share name) then Office applications will crash if they try and access the network drive under some circumstances. The circumstances appear to include: * If the default file location is set in Excel to any directory inside the network share Excel w...

Modeless userform
Hi, How do we set the user form to modeless. thanks Change the ShowModal property of the userform (in VBE go to View > Properties window). Mangesh "hngo" <hngo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D3471F-8F33-425B-80AD-507797B0134B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do we set the user form to modeless. > > thanks You can also do it at runtime UserForm1.Show 0 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mangesh Yadav" <mangesh.NOSPAMyadav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OWdnPc3hFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Change the ShowModal...

Scroll Bars in Userforms
I have inserted a scroll bar from the toolbox and now I need to get it to work how do I get this thing to scroll up and down on my userform?? What do you want to happen when someone scrolls it ? Or do you want it to move all by itself ? Please clarify. Best wishes Harald "alistair" <alistair.laing@dca.gsi.gov.uk> skrev i melding news:2aa801c4a78a$12bf0310$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have inserted a scroll bar from the toolbox and now I > need to get it to work how do I get this thing to scroll > up and down on my userform?? ...

Run PowerPoint 2007 in background
Hi. I'm setting up a PC for a museum that displays a .pps on continous loop on screen 2, while at the same time running a DVD on screen 3. Screen 1 is for administration. The problem I have is that if the PowerPoint-window is no longer active, the slideshow stops. So if I have to do anything admin stuff on screen 1 the .pps pauses 'til I activate the window again. To make matters worse I don't even see screen 2 from where the PC itself is... In other words; can I run PowerPoint in background? Look at PowerShow from http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.h...

Your lights are on message in PowerPoint?
Hello, We use PowerPoint for our Sunday Morning Services at my church. I have been asked on a couple of occasions to put up a message for a short time. The message might be "The red Toyota, license 123-ABF has its lights on." or it might be "Would the parent of the child with id#654321 please come to the nursery." The message should be small and out of the way enough to allow the rest of the congragation to see the slides, but it needs to be large enough to be noticed. I am considering PresentationPoint's TickerPoint program, but I am unsure how eas...