Use sound as a trigger to advance slides

Is it possible to use a sound file in this way?

I'd like the slide to advance at the end of the sound file.

I'm probably out of luck but please someone tell me I don't have to sit here
and figure out how long each sound file is...

Sorry, you're out of luck. But if you insert the sound, you can right-click
the icon and choose Properties to see the playing time.

"chanda" <chanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use a sound file in this way?
>
> I'd like the slide to advance at the end of the sound file.
>
> I'm probably out of luck but please someone tell me I don't have to sit
> here
> and figure out how long each sound file is...

0
Echo
6/5/2010 2:24:49 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you need but if you set the auto slide
transition to zero (or any time less than the sound file play time) it will
transition when the sound endsas default and not before. If this is a bit
abrupt add another animation eg a medium after previous fade rectangle and
drag the rectangle off slide to make this animation invisible.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"chanda" wrote:

> Is it possible to use a sound file in this way?
>
> I'd like the slide to advance at the end of the sound file.
>
> I'm probably out of luck but please someone tell me I don't have to sit here
> and figure out how long each sound file is...

Using the sum function in a 3 dimension environment
How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft Excel? Need a detailed description for a research paper I am doing, ASAP!!!! Is this what you need? =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!C1) If sheet names have spaces use =SUM('sheet x:sheet y'!C1) -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul Hargreaves" <Paul Hargreaves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24F4CEEA-3A12-4922-B72B-416A9584EDD6@microsoft.com... > How to Use the sum function in a 3 dimension environment in Microsoft > Excel? > Need a detailed d...

Dating using workdays
Is there a way to autofill dates into a spreadsheet and only use workdays and not Saturdays and Sundays? no Depending on version yes, put the first date in a cell, right click the cell and copy it down, when you release the mouse button you can select weekdays.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012a01c3d543$6c197a40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > no You could try this. Put a non weekend-date in A1 Put this formula in A2 =IF(WEEKDAY(A1)=6,A1+3,A1+1) Copy it down -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poo...

load an existing buffer using IXMLDOMDocument
Hi Experts: Is there a way to load an existing buffer (an XML file) using IXMLDOMDocumentPtr->load()? I know it works for loading an XML file, but I need to load an existing buffer with known length. Thanks In Advance! Polaris Try loadXML instead. Thanks, that worked! Is there a way to dump the current contents of IXMLDOMDocument to a buffer in memory (not a file) ? "save" does not work, it always think the buffer I passed to it is a file path. I'm trying not to use IStream. Thanks Polaris "Truong Hong Thi" <thi1981@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Excel Pivottable using data in Access 2002
I have been using Access 2000 to hold tables with lots ( 200,000 rows ) of data. In Access 2000 you can make a Pivottable Form which starts Excel and really makes the pivottable there although the data actually stays in Access. Works great. I've recently gotten Access 2002 which tries to make the Pivottables itself. It's not as good. I want this new verson of Access to work with Excel like the old version. This new verson offers to let me "export" the pivottable, but that tries to start Excel and copy the data in and there's too much data for it to be able to do tha...

Input a date using a Form Button.
Hi, Please help as I'm totally lost with this one! I'm doing a little project for work and I have come across a littl problem with a date input that I have set up using a Form Button. No this button once pressed enters the date just as I want, into th correct Cell (the buttons called "Todays Date") Now I have recorded macro so that the button executes the =TODAY() comand - which is fin untill the date changes!! As you can emagine I need the date to stay a it was when first pressed as its a database I'm trying to compile. Does this make any sense to you all?? I will...

Reference Grouped Objects Using VBA
Hello I have grouped four charts, three text boxes (from the control toolbox) and a rectangle. Prior to grouping, the code I had to update the axes on both charts and text for the text boxes worked fine. After grouping the objects the code fails. How do you reference a specific object contained in a group? If Shp is a grouped shape then Shp.GroupItems(2) references the second shape in the group -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware .. "BJ" <bradley.john@westrac.com.au> wrote in message Hello I have grouped four charts, three text ...

Use Pivot Table to Populate another table dynamically
Hi, I have a pivot table that is pulling from a large table of data with hours and projects for various clients and hours etc. I want to create an invoice that is populated dynamically with the hours and project as they change by client depending on the client filter. Is there anyway to do this? Everything I have tried has not been dynamic. Thanks ...

Can't intall Exchange 2003 SP1 using /disasterrecovery switch
Hi, I am testing a disaster recovery on my test environment. My domain is a Windows 2003 child domain, therefore my Exchange 2003 SP1 also in an administrative group (meaning, I don't have permission at Org level). I reinstalled the Windows 2003, restored the system state, applied hotfixes and then successfully reinstalled Exchange 2003 in disaster recovery mode. However, when I tried to install the Exchange SP1 using disaster recovery I failed, I got error message that "Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services can not be assigned disaster recovery switch. Because: This is the...

Calculating page/report sums using calculated data from subquery
Here is a scenario from my report: The report will grab data with a main query into a parent row Depending on the data, a child row may exist, if it does the report will display it The child row will use data from the parent row in order to do a calculation in the child All of this works just fine and the report data is correct. Now, what I am having issues with is doing the page/report sum calculations. The requirements dictate that I need to create a sum of both the parent column and also the child column in the totals. I have been trying to do this all day and cannot see...

Which formula should I use.....
Hi there, I'm building a contract, and I need specific cells from each page in the workbook to total up on a pricing sheet (still in workbook). I've tried using IF commands to build this mammoth equation, it just isn't working. I'm getting quite frustrated, I've been working on this for a few weeks. I'm new to such detailed formulas in Excel, and any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!! Heather -- HeatherCox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HeatherCox's Profile: http://www.excelforu...

Using the primary key in an autonumber
Hi there, Needing some help with trying to generate and display an incrementing auto number on a form. I have scoured some of the forums but haven't had any luck with getting such a simple thing to work. I have a student database which I am trying to create a unique student ID number based on a set prefix each time I go to add a new student. For example: Student ID - ABC 09 1 Where ABC = set prefix 09 = the current year 1 = would represent the autonumber (primary key) The only luck I have been having with getting this to work is entering the following syntax in the...

Using ZwCreateProcess
Hello, I am trying to call ZwCreateProcess defined in the Windows DDK, and I was curious how I would go about using this to create a process. I cannot find the parameter in which I provide the path to the executable I would like to run. Thanks Why? Seriously, there needs to be a good reason. The undocumented API has its valuable uses, but I'm not sure why ZwCreateProcess would be among them (the most common use of the undocumented API is to get functionality not normally available in the WIn32 API, but CreateProcess already exists). I note that in the WIndows DDK I can't find...

How do I use excel with simply accounting
I would like to make a daily cash sheet In excel where I can enter data which I can then import into Simply accounting as a general journal entry. Is this possible and if so how -- If you could help I'd be grateful Dar I haven't used Simply Accounting, so I don't know the exact answer. There's probably some Simply Accounting who can answer. Nevertheless, thought I would comment. Have you looked Simply Accounting's built-in Help and searched for info in importing data? If it can be done, the info should be in Help, and it would probably give detailed instructions o...

use IUrlHistoryStg2 to get the history record,but how to get the user name ?
IUrlHistoryStg2 can tell you the url,titile,some visited time information.But how can I know who visit this url ? Anyone can give me some hint or code ? Thanks very much ...

Using Defined Names in Charts
I am using Office 2002. I am trying to create a chart that has only one Series called Data. The values for DATA is a name called SCROLL_DATA. The name has been defined using the Insert-Name-Define action. The workbook is called Quality Escapes.xls I have entered the following in the values box as I have seen many instruction as follows =Quality Escapes.xls!SCROLL_DATA What am I doing wrong. -- bobburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bobburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22006 View this thread: http:/...

Change Organization name and use exisiting CRM DB
I did a search on this could not find it here. We need to change the organization name and be able to re-use the data which is already in the CRM Database. Is this going to work? what are the steps? I know probably the redeployment is one way. correct? any other way? The original CRM key and org-name was MSDN and the new one is "official" Microsoft issued license with the legal company name. Thanks for any suggestions. Regards Max Sounds like this is for v1.2. In that case, the Redeployment Tool is the only way to go. There are too many ties between the DB and AD in v1.2. -...

Using ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender in a content page
In Default.aspx I want to move a Table that is in the .Master file. I tried the following even though I didn't expect it to work; and it didn't. <%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Main.master" %> <asp:Content ID="Content0" ContentPlaceHolderID="TopImageCPH" runat="Server"> <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/> <ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender ID="AnimationExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="Master.TableTop"> <Animations> <...

How do you name and use a custom Layout
I have a spreadsheet with 30 coloumns. Differnt users access this spreadsheet and depending on their login name I wanted to display a different layout for differnt users. I have tried using custom view but it does not work. I tried cutting and inserting the cut colomn into a differnt part of the spreadsheet and named the custom view, but it did not go to it from the default layout. In other words it appears you cannot use custom views to view different layout options -- Steve F Not sure how you are going to tell the system the login name. But the custom views should work. I start with...

how do i use format cells to alpha / numeric values
HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT TO ENTER into a cell, but I also want to set format to set the values. eg. if I put in asd123 I want it to appear as ASD123 but there are also occasions when I will put in a different mix of letters/numbers a12s3d, which I also want to come out as A12S3D. I can do this in Access but cant seem to crack the code in excel. Please help. Try =UPPER(E2) HTH Regards, Howard "Samvid69" <Samvid69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:701E3143-A79D-4FDE-8661-325795CE50F0@microsoft.com... > HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT T...

build up an array using formulas
I want to see in a variable range (A) if a certain value occurs. The first and the last cell of range A are determined by other values. For example In col 1 I got dates from 01/01/2005 till 31/12/2005 (DD/MM/YYYY) In col 2 I got values like "CC", "VV", ... or nothing In col 4 till 7 I got something like this from till 0 01 January 2005 08 January 2005 1 09 January 2005 05 February 2005 In col 7 I would like to find the cell in col 2 where the value = "CC" within the range defined by the from and till fields. The value "CC" may normally only occ...

how can i use next record from other last record field in access?
i have 2 field, previous value and next value. The 1st record from previous value is keyin manually, while present value are keyin manually everytime. But the next record for previous value is getting from the last record of present value. how can i coding it in access? can any1 help me pls? thx In general, you should not store the same value in 2 records. Instead, get Access to look it up when you need it. For details on how, see: Subquery basics: Get the value in another record at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#AnotherRecord -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, ...

Reports using memo data field
In past versions of Money, I was able to specify data in the memo field to create reports. I can't figure out how to do that in Money 2002. Is is possible? Never mind -- finally figured it out. (Use Tools, Find to search for keyword in memo field, then click on the Create Report button.) ...

Advanced Security
Hi, I am using eE V7 with Advanced Security installed. I am setting up a user class with just Sales Enquiry access. When I use the Toolbar option to grant the class access to "Sales Enquiry" it does not give access to ALL the drill down or lookup forms which are required to do a Sales enquiry. eg. no access is granted to the "Sales Transaction Enquiry Zoom" form. Is there an easy way to indentify ALL the forms required to navigate around all the Sales Enquiry menu options. Perhaps someone has a list of all the forms ? Thanks in advance, Greg Davies The By Toolba...

Using "Select Case" inside Worksheet_Change() subroutine.....
I would like to monitor when any of the data in my group of cells gets modified or deleted. Here is how my code looks: Private Sub Worksheet_Change (ByVal Target As Range) Select Case Target Case Range("A1") MsgBox ("A1 was just modified") Case Range "B1") MsgBox ("B1 was just modified") '..... etc. etc.. etc... Case Range ("M20") MsgBox ("M20 was just modified") Case Else ' Do nothing End Select End Sub Does anybody see anything wrong with this approach?? Is my code correct?? How can I code t...

When using Outlook I get "Your message failed" 554 Tranaction
When I try to send certain e-mails (not all) I receive the message "Your message did not reach the intended recipient" " 554 Transaction failed" This message pops=up immediately. Please help. Are you sending via the same SMTP server as the ISP you are using? That type of message usually indicates you are trying to relay through another ISP SMTP server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scrat...