Use sound as a trigger to advance slides

Is it possible to use a sound file in this way?

I'd like the slide to advance at the end of the sound file.

I'm probably out of luck but please someone tell me I don't have to sit here
and figure out how long each sound file is...

Sorry, you're out of luck. But if you insert the sound, you can right-click
the icon and choose Properties to see the playing time.

"chanda" <chanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use a sound file in this way?
>
> I'd like the slide to advance at the end of the sound file.
>
> I'm probably out of luck but please someone tell me I don't have to sit
> here
> and figure out how long each sound file is...

0
Echo
6/5/2010 2:24:49 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you need but if you set the auto slide
transition to zero (or any time less than the sound file play time) it will
transition when the sound endsas default and not before. If this is a bit
abrupt add another animation eg a medium after previous fade rectangle and
drag the rectangle off slide to make this animation invisible.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"chanda" wrote:

> Is it possible to use a sound file in this way?
>
> I'd like the slide to advance at the end of the sound file.
>
> I'm probably out of luck but please someone tell me I don't have to sit here
> and figure out how long each sound file is...

Credit Card Payments
I've been using MM for years now but just noticed something in MM 2005. If I go to reports and click on "Monthly Income and Expenses" the report doesn't list credit card payments even if I select "Include transfers..." in Customize Report. It seems that the report generator doesn't know about the special Transfer and Credit Card Payment categories. It only knows about the expense category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers". My question is does anyone actually use this expense category? It seems like it could cause some unfortunate side effect...

How can I use Outlook on both my laptop and desktop? I have cable.
and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Dear Bafflegab, have a look on this site, may it helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Groupware for Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook Synchronisation for Outlook: Public SyncTool New Domain: www.publicshareware.com "Bafflegab" <Bafflegab@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:59DE2C4E-ADC5-403C-AE3B-7DE1F9AF90C6@microsoft.com... > and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Thanks for the recommendation. It's a great site and one I never would have found on my own. I dow...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

Using Matrix Items
Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? -- Thank You Vince :) What are the dimensions you use? Rob "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E001F1F0-3002-4E1B-8E75-8E62FC6EC01C@microsoft.com... > Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first > (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Using Lot Matrix, what I have is a six pack of coke or a sin...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

making a decision tree using excel!
hello all, i`ve been trying to make a decision tree using excel, the problem i encounter is that i wish to put information in to b11 which is related to information in b3, the information in b3 is ether 0 or err and is based on a "y" or "n" being entered, does anyone know which formula to use which will print a true of false statement in b11 Hi Andrew, If you mean print "True" or "False" or your error b11: =Left(b3)="y" So you can use YES, Yes, yes, Y, y and get True everything else will show False Or to treat the error in ...

RE: Use this critical package for Internet Explorer
--hmrlmpxejw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg"; type="multipart/alternative" --enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hsqxuryiiedx" --hsqxuryiiedx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect y...

No Sound 03-26-10
Sorry for not crossposting - I have more problems than I can handle!!! While trying to uninstall Comodo, I had an error and the computer froze. I shut it off and it wouldn't boot - not even in Safe Mode. So I used ERUNT to fix the Registry from a command prompt. Unfortunately, the latest ERUNT file was corrupted - so I had to go back about a week. The computer then booted, but I found many changes in some of my data and settings. Also, I cannot get the sound to work. I again used ERUNT from Windows with the same backup I used from the command prompt. All indications on the ...

using SetTimer
I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the documentation is not absolutely clear. I use the version with 3 paramteres - the last one is NULL which indicates using the View OnTimer routine. In the documentation it says to use KillTimer with the first parameter being used in the SetTimer function and in some other palce to use it with the return value of SetTimer. Can someone clarify that plaeas? Thanks Rick. "Rick" <rick@cortex.com> wrote in message -> I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the > documenta...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

number in system using arrivals and departures
Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a system if have access to the arrival and departure times. I have tried to use counts with if statements, but I keep getting the number 1. I know this is not correct. Is there any special macros or functions Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data. Could you post some example rows (plain text - no attachments please) and describe your expecte result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany megv wrote: > Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a > system if have access...

Retreiving Xml child nodes using DataSet and XmlDataDocument
I am loading an Xml file from a sql server. I have one field that contains child nodes stored as text. The problem is, when I try to imort the dataset into a XmlDataDocument, it loads the whole thing as a text element. (with all of the special characters converted) The best solution I've found so far is to do a string replace on all of the special characters. Like so: DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.EnforceConstraints = false; SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(query, connStr); da.Fill(ds, "Keywords"); XmlDataDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDataDocument(ds); string s = xmlDoc.S...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

A way to increase a number in a cell by using the + key
Hi, i do a lot of data entry and am looking for a way to increase the number in a cell (or range of cells) so that i dont have to enter the new number in each time. I have columns that separate items and i use the sheet to show the total count for each item in it's row. eg Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 2 5 4 I'd like to use the + key only to increase the counts for each item. Did i make sense?? It's a Friday and my mind isn't quite up for a lot of detailed explanations, lol. Any assistance would be appreciated. Tim That would require VBA How far are you will...

Cash withdrawal used a christmas money
Hello, I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the best way to handle this in Money Plus? Thanks Frank Frank wrote: > I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars > away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the > best way to handle this in Money Plus? * Open a checking account at the bank. * Make a $300 withdrawal from your checking account. * Deposit $170 in the checking account; put $130 in your pocket. * Create a savings account in Money ...

Stem and Leaf Diagrams using Excel
Is there a way do do stem and leaf diagrams using excel and if so how do I do this. "Linda" <ljsinsc@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:009e01c39026$035decf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way do do stem and leaf diagrams using excel > and if so how do I do this. Hello Linda, I'm not familiar at all with this kind of Diagram, but if I had this homework to do, I would try at first, for a Data in A1, determine - the leave : using the function =RIGHT(A1,1) - the stem : through the function =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) in a second step I would sort together thes...

Using formulas for pivot table

Using outlook express as newsreaedr from outlook
I have added the News command to the menu items of outlook, this is supposed to Open oulook express as the newsreader, however when I select news it opens a folder 1033 instead of Outlook express. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any help Bob Answer has been posted countless times. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the...

Using multiple databases
I have three seperate databases - all do a differnt function using a seperate database that holds all the data in tables (i.e. one uses queries to export, one to import, one for reporting only) - and I want to keep all of the databases seperate. Can I create another database that just has a form that works as a dashboard and connect to the other three to do functions. Essentially, I want to be able to select an option to open reports, import data, or export data and do it without opening the other databases seperatly (a function that each database will perform on it's own w...

Close Excel Completely Using VBA #3
Nice 1......E Oveson I tried to search for the correct function command...... I tried Application.Exit.......Not that Application.Close.......Not that And it turned out to be Application.Quit Thanks again Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27391 ...

OWA 2003
Current setup - front end exchange 2003 and backend exch 2003 - owa ssl access from front end works fine to backend mailbox. - we also have owa ssl access (diff cert) for direct connection to backend server from interent. Problem: when I enable "require" ssl on backend server, and I login using owa ssl via front end server I get a "The page must be viewed over a secure channel" just after login". SSL access directly to backend server works. If I disble backend server "require" ssl, front end starts working and backend is not secure any more from dire...

data validation using named range from another file
I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that possible? if so how? Thanks On 12 avr, 21:33, pat67 <pbus...@comcast.net> wrote: > I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and > picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active > workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that > possible? if so how? > > Thanks Hello, If you want to use...

Using XmlTextWriter in VC++ App?
Is it possible to use XmlTextWriter class inside a VC++ project? I guess this is .NET class used with C#. The whole purpose i am thinking of using it inside a VC++ project, is because i have to write a XML file. I don't have to read a XML file, just the write XML file functionality. "Donos" <donguy76@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:27d00d60-6b9d-4f49-8f22-e9fad56b8369@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use XmlTextWriter class inside a VC++ project? > I guess this is .NET class used with C#. I think you can use that if you use C++/CLI ext...