Updating a presentation during show

I have a powerpoint 2003 file saved on my companies network. I also have a
computer that runs a monitor in our breakroom using the before said
Powperpoint Presentation. What I would like to do is update the Presentation
from my desktop top computer save it and have the Computer that is running
the monitor update without having to stop the powerpoint show.

0
CWebb

CWebb,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to update a presentation
"while it's running"... if that's the case, then if you use this linking
method, the next time powerpoint "calls up the link" it will show the
updated version.

see
http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointlinking.htm

cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

"CWebb" <cwebber@sl-america.com> wrote in message
>I have a powerpoint 2003 file saved on my companies network. I also have a
>computer that runs a monitor in our breakroom using the before said
>Powperpoint Presentation. What I would like to do is update the
>Presentation from my desktop top computer save it and have the Computer
>that is running the monitor update without having to stop the powerpoint
>show.

0
TAJ
1/11/2010 10:51:00 PM
 Thanks for the link it works well for what I needed to do.

"TAJ Simmons" <presentations@NOMORESPAMawesomebackgrounds.com> wrote in
message news:OHuWgAxkKHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> CWebb,
>
> If I understand your question correctly, you want to update a presentation
> "while it's running"... if that's the case, then if you use this linking
> method, the next time powerpoint "calls up the link" it will show the
> updated version.
>
> see
> http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointlinking.htm
>
> cheers
> TAJ Simmons
> PowerPoint Master
>
> http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
> awesome - powerpoint templates,
> powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...
>

> "CWebb" <cwebber@sl-america.com> wrote in message
>>I have a powerpoint 2003 file saved on my companies network. I also have a
>>computer that runs a monitor in our breakroom using the before said
>>Powperpoint Presentation. What I would like to do is update the
>>Presentation from my desktop top computer save it and have the Computer
>>that is running the monitor update without having to stop the powerpoint
>>show.

0
CWebb

Why wont this control show whole numbers?
I have a control that is based on an expression in a query. This is the expression: txtaverage: IIf([txtNbrPartsOver1]=0,"0",[SumOftxtnbrparts]/[txtNbrPartsOver1] ) I have set the format of the control to 0 decimal places but it still shows 2 decimal places not a whole number rounded. What can I do to force a whole number? Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 Tony - You can round the...

Can't hide sound icon display during slide show
I've tried checking the box to hide the sound icon in the slide show (under Custom Animations; Effect Options; Sound Settings) and I've also tried moving the sound icon off the slide in the "Normal" view, and neither work to remove the sound icon. (The sound file is set to play automatically when the slide is displayed, and it does play, but the icon is right there in the middle of the slide.) Does anyone have a suggestion on how else I might be able to hide the sound icon? Thank you. Hi Can you confirm that the sound icon appears in slide show view? I...

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

showing tasks in calendar
When I create a task with a due date and select a reminder, shouldn't that reminder show as a calendar item? If so, I cannot see the reminder in my calendar. No. Tasks and Calendar items are separate in Outlook. If you have created a task and then want to create a calendar item from it (or vice versa), right-click and drag the item to the other folder and choose your preferred copy/move action from the popup menu. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread...

How can I format cells to show ages in years and months eg"12:05".
The cells keep thinking that I want to show hours:minutes;secs? I have tried Yy:Mm and [Yy]:Mm but without success. David, Format the cell as Fraction, up to tow digits, and enter your value like 12 5/12 There really isn't a standard for years and months being entered into a single cell and displayed. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "David F" <David F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34D64899-DF9D-437D-B4CF-744EAF792F0C@microsoft.com... > The cells keep thinking that I want to show hours:minutes;secs? > I have tried Yy:Mm and [Yy]:Mm but without success...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Can Microsoft Money 2004 update HK Stock Price
Hi all, I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the online service. Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online service? Thank you. Pong >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the >online service. > >Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online >service? > >Thank you. > >Pong >. > What company is the HK symbol for? I don't get a quote on finance.yahoo.com for HK when I enter the symbol. >-----Original Mes...

How to show Status Bar in Publisher 2003?
For some reason the status bar at the bottom of Publisher 2003 which shows a range of pages of the booklet vanished. I am not able to bring it back. How to make the status bar show and thus diplay page numbers at the bottom tool bar so that I can navigate to the desired page? Hi gsk_rao (gsk_rao@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || For some reason the status bar at the bottom of Publisher 2003 which || shows a range of pages of the booklet vanished. I am not able to || bring it back. How to make the status bar show and thus diplay page || numbers at the bottom tool...

Some updates could not be installed ---to: PA Bear [MS MVP]
Automatic Updates Size: 55.7 MB This service pack upgrades all Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition instances and components to Service Pack 3 (SP3). If you need additional installation options, you should download this service pack at the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 955706. More information for this update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955706 the following updates were not installed Ok PA Bear I running Windows platform: WinXP platform: 2 version:5.1.A28 Service Pack 3 #165,17939 with Micros...

Updating Pivot Tables Dynamically
I'm currently looking to implement a solution to automate the process of updating 5 pivot tables (one after another) on the same worksheet in an Excel workbook. Within the workbook there is a worksheet which is used as the data source for the pivot tables. If the number of items in the data source does not change the pivot table updates without any problems. However if the number of items in the data source increases the pivot tables start overlapping which causes errors. My guess here is that you can’t place pivot tables in a worksheet and have them adjust their size...

Show Date & Time when Item Enters Queue
Is there anyway of modifying the Queue Item entity? In both CRM 3.0 & 4.0 it is a non-customizeable entity. Our client is using 4.0. They have Cases being dropped into a queue via remote webservice. The customer support team is monitoring this queue and it's necessary to display not just the date it entered the queue but the date and time it entered the queue for priority purposes. The Queue Item "enteredon" field is a datetime field but the format is currently set to Date Only. Can this be changed? We can write a custom page with an IFRAME and replace the Queue...

Combo box show as text box
I have several forms that have Combo Box fields that I have set to Enabled=no, Locked=yes. On the form even though its not selectable it shows the dropdown selector on the right side of the box. Is there a way to hide the dropdown selector to make it just look like a text box? Thanks for any imput. ...

Re: Macro that shows range of dates
Oops. Change to for a1 & a2 Sub makedates() Dim i As Long For i = 1 To Range("a2") - Range("a1") + 1 Cells(i, "d") = Range("a1") - 1 + i Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > Option Explicit > Sub makedates() > Dim i As Long > For i = 1 To Range("b1") - Range("a1") + 1 > Cells(i, "d") = Range("a1") - 1 + i > Next i > End Sub >...

CanaTax.com has updated.
CanaTax has updated. The website has updated the CPP amount. A million thanks to Rosemary. CanaTax 2006 payroll tax table available(include Quebec) CanaTax.com is a free Canadian payroll tax calculator. CanaTax provides users with an easy way to calculate taxes on regular salary, bonus, retroactive pay and commission. Calculations include CPP, EI, Federal tax and Provincial tax (including Quebec). Features All provinces including Quebec. Federal and Provincial tax claims can be entered as codes. Use Computer Formula tax calculation methods. More earnings and deductions. Federal and pr...

I have text in an Excel Cell that isn't showing all of it?
I have Text in Excel that will not display..meaning its a lot of text and only part is showing. I have selected wrap text and auto fit for column and row height. I can expland the cell but the text wont show (all of it)...it shows up to a certain point. Any Ideas?? This is from a reply written by Cyber Taz. The question is similar to yours. Cells were never intended to store large volumes of text. They have a limit of 409 points in height (roughly 34 lines of 10 pt. type, assuming 120% leading). There is also some technical glitch with content that falls within the 256-1024 character...

Open presentation in slideshow view, from Access via VBA
I've got an Access application I'm developing to control a Powerpoint presentation. I've figured out how to open PPT, select a presentation, and view that presentation in design view, but have not figured out how to switch the view to SlideShow. Assuming I have application (oPPT) and presentation (oPres) objects, what VBA do I need to change the view of PPT from design view to slideshow view. ---- Dale Hi dale Does oPres.SlideShowSettings.Run do it? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerp...

showing picture when sliding over worksheet cell
How can I make Excel show me a self-made drawing when I slide over a single cell in a worksheet? thanks roland Put it in a comment. See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Roland wrote: > > How can I make Excel show me a self-made drawing when I slide over a single > cell in a worksheet? > > thanks > roland -- Dave Peterson ...

Chart
I now have a chart that has "Show Values" checked in Chart Options. It shows the value at the top of each bar but how can I format those? I would like commas and 2 decimal places. Jim Jim, You should be able to Double Click on any Value point, and see all the points selected. While all points are high-lighted, RIGHT click any point. A pop up menu should lead to Formatting. Since all points are selected... any cahnge to the format applies to all points. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html &qu...

Downloading Microsoft Updates
I would like to download Microsoft Updates to a networked directory so I can distrubute them across my network, without having each workstation take the time to download them. With so many updates for Windows XP coming out, it's really taking too much time and resources. Can anyone give to instructions how to do this? Tahnk you for you time. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to download Microsoft Updates to a networked >directory so I can distrubute them across my network, >without having each workstation take the time to download >them. With so many upda...

Page displaying in design view, but layout view shows blank screen
I have a multi-page form where each page displays a different subform, for a total of 10 pages. This is a database/form setup that has worked for years, but now I've encountered a strange issue in Access 2007. 9 of the 10 pages display with no problems; one page however comes up blank. If I look at the design view for just that page, it displays correctly, but the layout view gives me just a blank white screen/page. If I look at the page from within the main form, it displays correctly in design view, but when switching to layout view, the rest of the form displays correc...

Stop showing end-user-agreement each time opening Excel
eACH TIME i SIGNON TO eXCEL it makes me agree first. Try to re-register Excel. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)>OK. Have your CD ready just in case you are asked for it. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:43:05 -0700, Frankadams <Fran...

Showing Excel Cell Data in PDF Document
Hi, Everyone - I have a project that includes a pdf page as one of my worksheets. What I'm looking to do is to have cell data show in the pdf document. Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks Frank ...

userform to update multiple sheets
I'm updating a sheet from a userform. I need to populate a second sheet (2010) within the same workbook with the same data. What is the easiest way to go about this? I tried to put a code in to copy the entire row but kept coming up with an error. Thank you. Set Wbk = Workbooks("Reworklog") Sheets("2006-2010").Select Dim LastRow As Object Set LastRow = Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0) = Me.TBRecDate LastRow.Offset(1, 6) = Me.TbSN LastRow.Offset(1, 11) = Me.TBreject LastRow.Offset(1, 16) = Me.cboDisposition 'Clear ...

Outlook with BCM not Showing Accounts for Business Contact
For some reason, OUTLOOK with BUSINESS CONTACT MANAGER stopped presenting my Business Contacts organized by ACCOUNT. The contacts are organized under "Account Name (none)," yet all the Account information is retained in the database. So far I cleared the cache and even re- assigned Account names to Busienss Contacts, without success, and did a 'repair installatiion." Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Bars not showing up
I am trying to create a bar chart that shows the square footage of particular buildings and when they expire. I have my X axis as the expiration years and the Y axis as the square footage. I cannot get each building to show up on my chart. Please help. Since you're doing bar instead of column, are you sure you don't have the axis reversed? "jridgley1207" wrote: > I am trying to create a bar chart that shows the square footage of particular > buildings and when they expire. I have my X axis as the expiration years and > the Y axis as the square footage. I c...