text intend in Power Point

I'm copying a text from Word into Power Point. The first line of the text
starts where I want but the second and the remaining lines have intend.
How can I change it so all lines of the same paragraph copied in PP start at
the same distance from the slide edge?
Thanks,
Aga

You probably need to adjust the lower grey marker on the ruler. If you cannot
see the ruler VIEW > RULER

--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"Aga" wrote:

> I'm copying a text from Word into Power Point. The first line of the text
> starts where I want but the second and the remaining lines have intend.
> How can I change it so all lines of the same paragraph copied in PP start at
> the same distance from the slide edge?
> Thanks,
> Aga

If/then to print text.
I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in the formula. Shadyhosta wrote: > I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, > a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but > I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in > the formula. Try this: =IF(A1>0,"print this text","prin...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

How to get Table Description Field Text to show on Forms? Hovering? Right-Click?
Can I get the fioeld description I enter in the Table Design View to show on Forms or Queries? When the mouse hovers over the field or field name?? When the user right clicks on the field or field name?? At the bottom of the screen when the mouse hovers? How? Thanks for any help. Mel Ken, I've done some programming but not much in Access. How do I (where do I click) to add a function to the "standard module" ??? And, am I correct in understanding that the first function would be called each time the db opened? And the 2nd function would be called each time the form op...

combine text & date formula to show mmmm dd, yyyy?
How do I combine text and date formula to show the written date and not the Excel number date? I have text in a couple of cells and a date formula in another cell(input from a different worksheet). I have the formula =A3 & F3 & A4 in A1 and would like it to read: We went to the station on December 21, 2009 and took the train. However, it is reading We went to the station on 40168 and took the train. Thanks. Try something like this... A1 = Today is B1 = 12/21/2009 =A1&" "&TEXT(B1,"mmmm dd, yyyy") Returns: Today is December 21, 2009 ...

Text format
Hy, I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the text until "-" followed by an lower case letter. How can I do that ? Hi is this text part always after the last '-'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Me wrote: > Hy, > > I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select > the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the > text until "-" followed by an low...

Text color
Hi All, When I open windows explorer and click on any word or folder way on the left , it is highlited in a very light blue, how can I change that color to say like dark blue like windows classic . Thank you. Carl G Hi, You would have to revert to a classic theme and then change the color for "selected items" in the advanced color properties of Personalization/Windows Color and Appearance. It's not customizable when running an aero theme. -- Best of Luck, Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Windows he...

Full-Text Indexing #3
Is there a way to enable full-text indexing in an outlook client for Public Folders when the client is working offline? ...

The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.
I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. This shows up in Outlook. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004 I found it, http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?uxtheme W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan "W. Kirk Crawford" <wkc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:xoidnaqrja3VPVncRVn-hg@comcast.com... > I have found a 'ntdll.dll' file, but that didn't help. > ...

on_change() event for text fields
Is there really no way to assign an event to a text field? We want to be able to have the format saved correctly for phone numbers when they're entered in (###)###-#### I've read some threads about this already and it looks like it cannot be done unless you write an app to constantly check and replace the phone numbers within the database itself. I can do this but it would be nice to know if there was any simpler way of going about this. Thanks in advance. nope, not at all,.....only picklists its kinda stupid too because under text boxes they have the ability to select &qu...

Format Properties for Number That Contain Powers
I have numbers that I am trying to enter into access to use in conversion tables and sometimes the numbers maybe like 1.036368 x 10^-4 or 6.24196 x 10^19 or even 0.404687.... I am trying to determine what would be the best property for a field that contains such a varying array of number schemes. Any suggestions would be helpful. Paul wrote: > I have numbers that I am trying to enter into access to use in conversion > tables and sometimes the numbers maybe like 1.036368 x 10^-4 or 6.24196 x > 10^19 or even 0.404687.... I am trying to determine what would be the best ...

howto: convert from xml to text ?
Hi, If anyone knows how to convert a input xml (getting from a url querry) and convert it into a flat, csv text file ?? Thanks, Gopi hmm... but can you point some examples...?? Thanks, Gopi "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:be7d6s$235oo$1@ID-152440.news.dfncis.de... > This can be done using XSLT. > > > ===== > Cheers, > > Dimitre Novatchev. > http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/ -- the home of FXSL > > > > "Gopinath Varadharajan" <vgopinath@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:exXDxHzQDHA.402...

msg template. Text sent not what typed!
Hi I have had the strangest issue with Outlook. I sometimes use msg files to send emails to colleagues. Normally I have a template set up and I may change the to, cc, subject and body of the email slightly to reflect the topic of the email. However the bulk of the email remains the same. The other day I was sending an email and had amended the template (not saved as need to use the template again), and sent it out. Whilst the to,cc and subject fields were correct the text i had entered in the body of the email had gone and other text had been entered and my signature had dissappea...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

cancel integration if text source file not available
Is there a way programatically to cancel the integration if my text source file does not exist? ...

Add text to a field based on a combo box selection
I'm making a form that contains a dropdown field (dropdown1) containing 5 possible selections. Based upon what the user selects, I want to fill a second field (text3) with a corresponding value. For instance: If dropdown1="Maintenance" then enter "Jack Doe" text3 If dropdown1="Safety" then enter "Tom Collins" text 3 etc. Is there a way to write a 'if then else' formula in a 'calculate' form field? And if so what would the syntax be? Or is there a better (easier, non-programatic) way to accomplish this? I'm not...

Indexing Values to Same Starting Point for Relative Return Chart
Hello all, I'm have a sheet full of data for various securities that is sorted b date. I can chart the values by date just fine, but I'm hoping t create a chart where each series is indexed to the same point and the the chart will show percentage changes. For instance, if A is at 30 and B is at 40 on January 1st, then in my chart I want them both t start at 100. So if A falls to 150 and B moves up to 80, then I woul want the chart to show them moving to 50 and 200, respectively. Do I have to manipulate the data in another sheet first, or is there way to do it with the charting t...

text styles
in MP 2007- I have selected all columns, all rows. I cleared all formats. I go to set text styles. Set all items to automatic then, I set critical path items to Fuchsia or lime and OK... these tasks are still black (automatic) and will not retain that fuchsia setting. My 2003 schedules this works great! Is fuchsia just not working as a color in 2007? Huh, that would appear to be a bug. Red works fine. Fuschia doesn't seem to stick for some reason. I can replicate that on my machine with no difficulty. I guess you should avoid fuschia. It's such a 90s color anywa...

Text Boxes #10
Hi I've nearly finished a publication but have now been told that I need to put a side panel on every page. This means that I need to move and resize all the text boxes in the whole document!! Is there a way of moving them all together as they need to be the same size and in the same place on each page? I don't know of a way to do all the pages in one operation. What you can do to make all the existing text boxes the same size by temporarily move the guide over to a location to match the intended location of the side of the text box, go through the pages "snapping" ...

opening text file converts numbers to scientific notation
If I open a text file containing 13-digit barcode numbers for stock using Excel 2007, the numbers are converted to scientific notation. I don't have the option to specifiy that I want 13 digits with no decimals, but I believe this was possible in earlier versions. Is there a workaround or a preference i am missing? On the "Home" tab in the "Cells" group, "Format", then "Format Cells", "Number" tab, "Number", zero decimal places. Some hints on 2003 to 2007 command mapping: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA1...

Auto Row Height with Wrapped Text in Merged Cells Problem
I can't get my spreadsheet to automatically change the row height when using text wrapping IF I'm working with several merged cells in adjacent columns. It works fine on a single cell but not with merged cells. (I have tried selecting FORMAT, Rows, AutoFit) Any suggestions? I start with a macro that Jim Rech shared: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Rick Cl. wrote: > > I can't get my spreadsheet to automatically change the row height when using > text wrapping IF I'm working with several merged cells in adjac...

Any way to get around the 240-character line limit on text output?
I'm trying to save an Excel file into a fixed-length file for import into a mainframe and the biggest problem (as pointed out in another post on this board) is that there is a limit of 240 characters per line. This causes the rest of each line to be placed at the end of the file. My record layout length is around 300 and we're talking about 50,000 records. How can I get around the 240 character limit to save this file in an acceptable format? Otherwise it will take hours of work to get the file in the proper format. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;13155...

Copy formatted text but not headers/footers
I have the following VBA code to copy some text from between Word documents (I'm familiar with VBA but not the Word object library): Const PLACEHOLDER_TEXT As String = "||ADD TEXT HERE||" ' Copy from source to clipboard docSource.Activate docSource.Sections(x).Range.Copy ' Paste from clipboard to target docTarget.Activate Selection.Find.Execute PLACEHOLDER_TEXT, , , , , , True, WdFindWrap.wdFindContinue Selection.Paste What I want is for the section's formatted text to be copied/pasted into the existing section in the target document so that the...

convert text into date
can any one help me i have data in excel like 436,or 1851 i wanted to convert this text format into time and date format so actully i wanted it to be as 4:36 AM or 18:51 PM, I found one solution if you manually put ":" between "4" and "36" then format cell as time, this will work but i have a lot of data, is there any formula to put ":" between charactors thanx shabbir Hi in adjancent cell try the following formula =TIME(LEFT(A1,1+(LEN(A1)=4)),RIGHT(A1,2),0) and format this cell as time -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "arshab1&qu...

How the heck do I plot 'my text' for the X axis? (instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.)
Hi, I'm using XL2002 & Win2000Pro. How can I display the week numbers (as shown) in the x axis, rather than 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. that M$ uses. Here's my data Week 11 12 13 14 Sales A 43 55 48 32 Sales B 32 36 41 29 Here's what I want the axis's to look like 50 40 30 20 10 0 11 12 13 14 How do I do it? Many thanks!!! Norm Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good Option 1: Del...