Switching X Y axis in PP 2007

How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa?
--
etf

Does Switch Row/Column on the Chart Tools Design tab do what you want?

"etf" <etf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa?
> --
> etf

0
Echo
5/25/2010 8:38:32 PM
Hi,

Depends on the chart type.
If you have a column chart you will need to change it to Bar
If you have a line chart you will need to change it to xy-scatter AND
use work around tricks in order to get category labels on the vertical axis.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

If it's xy-scatter you will need to alter the ranges used for the x and
y values.

Cheers
Andy

On 25/05/2010 19:30, etf wrote:
> How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
Andy

Outlook 2007
First problem: When entering a search into the search box on my Outlook email screen, no items are found. This happens no matter how positive I am I entered the search correctly and that an email exists. Second problem: When in MS Word 2007 (and I'll post this in the Word forum as well), when I go to File / Send To / Mail recipient, nothing happens. Any ideas to help solve these annoying problems? Never mind about my second problem. I got it figured out .... it's Word Perfect I'm having a problem with, not Word ! "Jan" <jan@greenwaldlaw.org> wrote in m...

Warning when saving XML Spreadsheet 2003 with Excel 2007
I'm using Excel 2007 to edit an XML Spreadsheet 2003 file. Every time I save the file it pops up a warning dialog saying that some features may not be supported. I know I'm not using any features that the XML Spreadsheet doesn't support so is there any way to disable the warning? It's very annoying. And would be even more annoying if the saved the file only to find some features had been lost The computer is a tool ; users have to do the work best wishes Bernard "Ken Paulson" <ken@drunkenhyena.com> wrote in message news:uO0QlBgoKHA.404...

chart "sized with window" in office 2007
Hey for every chart i ever created I set the sized with window option. Hate have pointless grey borders above and below my chart... think this is real popular. Where has this feature gone in the dreaded Ribbon?????? HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE You can't set a chart in 2007 to be sized with window. It has been removed from Excel. Yeah, I m...

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

Excel Charts in 2007
I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix Hi, I'm not clear on this one - if a series is blank it doesn't display. Why don't you show us sample data and tell us what you get with that data and what you want to get. Also the chart type. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Raiju" wrote: > I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix ...

DPM 2007, protection report shows 57% and 37% long term-not accura
i'm puzzled by the protection reports we've been getting.. they used to say 110% or 100% etc for percentage avalable.. Now its more like 57 short term and 37 long term, but this makes no sense, because when i look at the protection group status, all the points are green and up to date.. and when the tape runs, there are no errors and it succeeds with 4 tapes consumed (800GBx4).. our size of data is roughly 2500GB.. Any ideas why it would report this? I need an accurate report for quality assurance iso type details, otherwise i have to explain the report itself is u...

Y scale for P. ie when P$= 2, QD=10 & QS=3 P needs to be Y scale
I am trying to create a graph the compares Quantity Demanded and Supplied in relation to a particular price to find the equilibrium (intersection). The problem is, I have no idea how to make one row the Y scale in my graph. and the other two (QD and QS) the two line graphs which should intersect. For example at a price $0, the QD is 11 units and the QS is 0. At a price $ 4 the QD is 9 units and the QS is 3 units. So as price increases/decreases, demand and supply changes! Hi, Maybe Tushar Mehta's page can help you out. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ Cheers ...

Outlook 2007 and MS Word
I upgraded to Outlook 2007 while I still have MS Word 2003 on my computer. A weird thing is happening. When I load Outlok, MS Word loads too. It doesn't have toolbars or a sheet, it's just the shell. It happens everytime I run Outook. If I go to Tasks and terminate the Word process, Outlook shuts down too. Any ideas how to solve that? Thanks Outlook 2007 uses a cut down version of Word (actually a speciall .dll) = and does not use the full Word program (any Word version). --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Al...

Outlook 2007: Disable Instant Search
I keep getting notified when I launch Outlook 2007 to download a program to enable instant search. Is there a way to disable this? See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1148958039.306539.254390@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I keep g...

excel 2007-delete a list
I have created a list and i would like to delete it. Can someone tell me how to delete the list regards fred Evans -- -- Would'nt it be nice if:- Computers,printers,modems,consoles etc had a built-in compartment or tray in which to keep all the books and software for that piece of equipment ??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Fred Evans" <fred@polyflexseals.co.za> wrote in message news:8f-dnXaJObiuSvHVnZ2dnUVZ8vqdnZ2d@saix.net... >I have created a list and i would like to delete it. > > Can someone tell me h...

Office 2007 Desktop all in one icon
how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? "Alice" <sweetalice79@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE9EE1A2-E398-496E-9CA5-F10E1946791E@microsoft.com... > > how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? you cant it isnt in msofice 2007 so theres nothing to restore http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 i thaught ther was a icon that u cold click and open any the programs. i know how to find out im gona uninstall and reinstall it. ill let u know how it goes alice ...

Deleting Multiple Transactions in Money 2007
I have Money set up with my categories all laid out. And I like to keep the transactions for one year separate from the rest. So at the end of each year, I make a duplicate copy of my Money database, then delete all the transactions, reset the starting balances as appropriate, and start over. But it's tedious as hell deleting all the transactions one at a time. Hard on my computer keyboard too. Has anybody discovered a way to select and delete lots of transactions simultaneously? Thanks. ddc In microsoft.public.money, DeeDeeCee wrote: >I have Money set up with my categories al...

Not able to open .pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi, I am trying to open Outlook 2003 .pst file in Office 2007. However, it is giving me this error: Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Pls help. ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford How are you trying to open the PST file? Run Outlook 2007 then use File | Open ..... -- Bill R MVP "Shilps" <shilpi_sri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FBE11110-4F8A-4926-9020-F222ADAEDD63@microsoft.com... &...

Missing title, axis, Y info on some charts within a workbook
Problem with a User profile and Office 2007 docs I work as a Network/help desk technician for a company and both myself and the administrator are stumped as to what is happening. We upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 in late July and August This problem started about 3-4 months ago. A user had a problem with some of the Excel charts within a worksheet not showing the title, Y & axis information. I could open the file just fine on my PC. I logged into users PC and opened the file just fine. We checked/compare the application configurations, etc and they seemed fine against ...

blank two fold 8 1/2 x 14 brochure templates
where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure template It is a simple page setup. Setup your printer for legal stock and then your page. In the arrange menu select two or three columns. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kawika" <kawika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99D8D0A-E6C8-48A2-A5AF-C5B6E365219C@microsoft.com... > where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure > template ...

xy scatter, missing one y
I have 2 series (x,y) of 11 numbers than I can scatter plot and insert a trend line on. My problem is that I have a 12th x value with no corresponding y value. how can I find the y value in the trend? and put it on the graph? Graphically, I need to extend a verticle line up from the 12th x axis coordinate up to the intersection with the trend line from the first 11. Thanks Would take toooooo long Send me private email and I'll send you a file best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Boone" <Boone@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Publisher 2007 backward compatibility
Can you open Publisher 2002 files in the 2007 version? I am wondering whether I should upgrade. Also, does Microsoft have Publisher program for the Mac? Mark S. wrote: > Can you open Publisher 2002 files in the 2007 version? I am wondering > whether I should upgrade. Also, does Microsoft have Publisher program for > the Mac? Yes, Yes and No. Publisher 2007 opens Publisher 2002 files, and saves in that format too, so you can open your Publisher 2007 files in Publisher 2002. You should upgrade. There is no Mac version of Publisher, although I'd assume that Intel Macs ...

red x email from mta.charter.net
I'm sorry if I have posted twice..I use xp ie7 outlook express 6 I received message with red x instead of image message source says from mta.charter.net looked on internet said from ubuntu?..sent to myself said one or more pictures could not be found sent anyway still had red x..do I have problem or is this spam? I know very little about these things -- Thanks for help! Asked/Answered in OE General newsgroup. If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them. Thank you. Multiposting vs Crossposting: http://www.b...

Adding format to "save as" sub-menu in Office 2007?
I save all my files as either .xlsx or .csv. Usually I need to save the same file as both - once to preserve features such as charts and once in .csv for import into another application. Is there a way to add a format to the "save as" window? That is, I would like to be able to click the office button, click "save as", and have .csv appear in the list of formats alongside "Excel workbook", "Excel macro-enabled workbook", etc. Granted, I can choose Save As>Other formats and scroll down to .csv in the save dialog, but I do this often enough that it wo...

How do i change the axis location on a chart that has negative da.
I am charting data on a line chart that is negative. The x axis catagories are displayed below the zero line, but not below that last line of data. How do i move the catagories below the last line of data. I have used the offset but it only allows up to 1000. This isnt enough. You can leave the axis where it is, in fact, for a column chart moving the X axis will change the origin of the columns. Double click the X axis, and on the Patterns tab, for Tick Labels, choose the Low position. To move the axis itself, double click the Y axis, and on the Scale tab, change the Category Axis Crosse...

Negative values on X axis
Hi Everyone, I am trying to chart some data. My X axis runs from -100 to 100. When I chart the data the graph shows all data to the Right of the Y axis (0) and nothing to the left. So my X axis goes 0, -100, -50, -25, 25, 50, 100 etc. How can I get information (my negative values) to show up to the LEFT of the Y axis or to the LEFT of the 0? The data I am working with is below. Thanks very much!! X axis Y axis -100 104 -60 296 -30 353 -14 211 -7 503 7 821 14 303 30 470 60 462 100 226 Kell2604 wrote on Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:06:10 -0800: > I am trying to chart some data...

Publisher 2007 #23
I am trying to tilt wording on a document in Publisher 2007....... not totally rotated sideways, but only tilted caddycorner........ Can anyone tell me that is do-able... Thanks Click on the text box. Grab the little green circle and rotate it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Titling a Document" <Titling a Document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D9FE705-E3AD-417B-B22D-3500FD4B81AE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to tilt wording on a document in Publisher 2007....... not >...