Simple VBA code failure - PPT 2007!

Hey gang,

Guess who's back!  I finally broke down and bought Office 2007 (not sure why
though)!  One of my games is not working correctly and I have no idea why.
I have very simple code that hides text boxes, then shows them when needed
using VBA.  One of the objects shows up but the other one doesn't.  Yes, I
verified the names of the shapes.  I've used this in PPT 2003 for years with
no problems.  If I go out of Slide Show mode, the text boxes the didn't show
up are visible.

Is this some sort of known bug with PPT 2007?  Any ideas?  They are simple
text boxes.  Nothing more.  Both created the exact same way in PPT 2003.

HELP!

Bill Foley

0
Bill

In article <eB87FfvyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Bill Foley wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> Guess who's back!

Waaal HOWDY Tex!

> I finally broke down and bought Office 2007 (not sure why
> though)!  One of my games is not working correctly and I have no idea why.
> I have very simple code that hides text boxes, then shows them when needed
> using VBA.  One of the objects shows up but the other one doesn't.  Yes, I
> verified the names of the shapes.  I've used this in PPT 2003 for years with
> no problems.  If I go out of Slide Show mode, the text boxes the didn't show
> up are visible.
>
> Is this some sort of known bug with PPT 2007?  Any ideas?  They are simple
> text boxes.  Nothing more.  Both created the exact same way in PPT 2003.

Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen in slide
show view.

It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force a
refresh.  If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/24/2010 2:42:12 AM
On 3/23/10 10:42 PM, Steve Rindsberg wrote:
> In article<eB87FfvyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Bill Foley wrote:
>> Hey gang,
>>
>> Guess who's back!
>
> Waaal HOWDY Tex!
>
>> I finally broke down and bought Office 2007 (not sure why
>> though)!  One of my games is not working correctly and I have no idea why.
>> I have very simple code that hides text boxes, then shows them when needed
>> using VBA.  One of the objects shows up but the other one doesn't.  Yes, I
>> verified the names of the shapes.  I've used this in PPT 2003 for years with
>> no problems.  If I go out of Slide Show mode, the text boxes the didn't show
>> up are visible.
>>
>> Is this some sort of known bug with PPT 2007?  Any ideas?  They are simple
>> text boxes.  Nothing more.  Both created the exact same way in PPT 2003.
>
> Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
> invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen in slide
> show view.
>
> It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force a
> refresh.  If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.
>

> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/

What Steve said and ...

I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area
of the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then
have to keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make
it visible. For my non-programming students, it was another annoying
layer of complexity.

By the way, welcome back!

--David
--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

> I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
> summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
> that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area
> of the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then
> have to keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make
> it visible.

Tags are good for this type of thing.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/24/2010 4:33:30 PM
I knew you would suggest tags, partly because they are a great solution
for this. I haven't played with them for this, but as I was writing my
post, I was imagining the code that would have a HideObject procedure
that would simultaneously move the object off the viewable portion of
the slide and then add a tag with the current location (but not in that
order). Then the ShowObject code would simply look in the tag to see
where the object was supposed to go. I guess I'll have to play with that
this summer when I teach my multimedia design class again.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland
0
David
3/24/2010 5:07:16 PM
In article <ub4t1R3yKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, David Marcovitz wrote:
> I knew you would suggest tags, partly because they are a great solution
> for this. I haven't played with them for this, but as I was writing my
> post, I was imagining the code that would have a HideObject procedure
> that would simultaneously move the object off the viewable portion of
> the slide and then add a tag with the current location (but not in that
> order). Then the ShowObject code would simply look in the tag to see
> where the object was supposed to go. I guess I'll have to play with that
> this summer when I teach my multimedia design class again.

Bingo.  Or even something like <aircode>

Sub ToggleIt(oSh as Shape)
  With oSh
  If .Visible Then
    ' we want to hide it so
    Call .Tags.Add("PreviousTop", cStr(.Top))
    .Visible = False
    ' bump it off the slide
    .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100
  Else
    ' We want to show it so
    .Top = cSng(.Tags("PreviousTop"))
    .Visible = True
  End If
  End With
End Sub

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/24/2010 8:26:02 PM
Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing.  So, for something as simple as
the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?

Sub Correct1_1()
ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("Q1-1").Visible = True
ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("P1-1").Visible = True
End Sub

Funny thing, the P1-1 object shows up fine (matter of fact I have 5 of these
and they all show up).  However, the Q1-1 through Q1-5 do not!

What would I have to do to make this work in PPT 2007?  Man, why did this
happen in the first place?  But, more importantly HOW???

Any clues would be appreciated.  I would even be happy to send the game file
to you (off-line).

TIA!

Bill Foley

"David Marcovitz" <marco@nospamloyola.edu> wrote in message
> On 3/23/10 10:42 PM, Steve Rindsberg wrote:
>> In article<eB87FfvyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Bill Foley wrote:
>>> Hey gang,
>>>
>>> Guess who's back!
>>
>> Waaal HOWDY Tex!
>>
>>> I finally broke down and bought Office 2007 (not sure why
>>> though)!  One of my games is not working correctly and I have no idea
>>> why.
>>> I have very simple code that hides text boxes, then shows them when
>>> needed
>>> using VBA.  One of the objects shows up but the other one doesn't.  Yes,
>>> verified the names of the shapes.  I've used this in PPT 2003 for years
>>> with
>>> no problems.  If I go out of Slide Show mode, the text boxes the didn't
>>> show
>>> up are visible.
>>>
>>> Is this some sort of known bug with PPT 2007?  Any ideas?  They are
>>> simple
>>> text boxes.  Nothing more.  Both created the exact same way in PPT 2003.
>>
>> Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
>> invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen in
>> slide
>> show view.
>>
>> It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force a
>> refresh.  If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.
>>

>> ==============================
>> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
>> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>>
>> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
>> http://www.pptools.com/
>>

> What Steve said and ...
>
> I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
> summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
> that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area of
> the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then have to
> keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make it
> visible. For my non-programming students, it was another annoying layer of
> complexity.
>
> By the way, welcome back!
>
> --David
> --
> David M. Marcovitz
> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

0
Bill
3/24/2010 9:31:16 PM
On Mar 24, 5:31=A0pm, "Bill Foley" <billfo...@aircanopy.net> wrote:
> Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing. =A0So, for something as simple =
as
> the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?
>
> Sub Correct1_1()
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("Q1-1").Visible =3D True
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("P1-1").Visible =3D True
> End Sub
>
> Funny thing, the P1-1 object shows up fine (matter of fact I have 5 of th=
ese
> and they all show up). =A0However, the Q1-1 through Q1-5 do not!
>
> What would I have to do to make this work in PPT 2007? =A0Man, why did th=
is
> happen in the first place? =A0But, more importantly HOW???
>
> Any clues would be appreciated. =A0I would even be happy to send the game=
 file
> to you (off-line).
>
> TIA!
>
> Bill Foley
>
> "David Marcovitz" <ma...@nospamloyola.edu> wrote in message

> >> Waaal HOWDY Tex!

T 2003.

> >> Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
> >> invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen =
in
> >> slide
> >> show view.
>
> >> It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force =
> >> refresh. =A0If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.
>
> >> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> >> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> >>http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> >> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> >>http://www.pptools.com/
>
> > What Steve said and ...
>
> > I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
> > summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
> > that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area=
 of
> > the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then have =
> > keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make it
> > visible. For my non-programming students, it was another annoying layer=
 of
> > complexity.
>
> > By the way, welcome back!
>
> > --David
> > --
> > David M. Marcovitz
> > Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> >http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
> > Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> > Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if it will help you, but I have found that running the
'go to current slide' twice tended to help refresh the screen in my
case (sometimes charts didn't show the proper data after being updated
with data from a Userform, but they seem to work better with a double-
go-to-current-slide). May be worth a try to see if it helps in your
case as well.
0
Mark
3/24/2010 9:44:35 PM
Steve Rindsberg wrote:
>     ' bump it off the slide
>     .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100

Might be a problem on multimonitor setups?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
3/24/2010 9:56:19 PM
No go.  I have five buttons that when clicked show a text and a point value.
The point values always show (simple text boxes like the other ones).
However, still a NO-GO on the other text boxes.  I thought about just having
a rectangle covering the text and having it hide on a trigger, but I still
have code that needs to show the otehr text box.  Is there VBA code that
runs a trigger?

By the way, this is RIDICULOUS!  I wish one of my clients never downgraded
to PPT 2007!

Bill Foley

"Mark" <cosmo@concentric.net> wrote in message
On Mar 24, 5:31 pm, "Bill Foley" <billfo...@aircanopy.net> wrote:
> Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing. So, for something as simple as
> the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?
>
> Sub Correct1_1()
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("Q1-1").Visible = True
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("P1-1").Visible = True
> End Sub
>
> Funny thing, the P1-1 object shows up fine (matter of fact I have 5 of
> these
> and they all show up). However, the Q1-1 through Q1-5 do not!
>
> What would I have to do to make this work in PPT 2007? Man, why did this
> happen in the first place? But, more importantly HOW???
>
> Any clues would be appreciated. I would even be happy to send the game
> file
> to you (off-line).
>
> TIA!
>
> Bill Foley
>
> "David Marcovitz" <ma...@nospamloyola.edu> wrote in message

> >> Waaal HOWDY Tex!

> >> Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
> >> invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen
> >> in
> >> slide
> >> show view.
>
> >> It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force a
> >> refresh. If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.
>
> >> ==============================
> >> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> >>http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> >> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> >>http://www.pptools.com/
>
> > What Steve said and ...
>
> > I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
> > summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
> > that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area
> > of
> > the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then have
> > keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make it
> > visible. For my non-programming students, it was another annoying layer
> > of
> > complexity.
>
> > By the way, welcome back!
>
> > --David
> > --
> > David M. Marcovitz
> > Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> >http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
> > Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> > Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if it will help you, but I have found that running the
'go to current slide' twice tended to help refresh the screen in my
case (sometimes charts didn't show the proper data after being updated
with data from a Userform, but they seem to work better with a double-
go-to-current-slide). May be worth a try to see if it helps in your
case as well.

0
Bill
3/25/2010 1:10:20 AM
Hey Gang,

I gave up trying to figure out why PPT 2007 works this way and just came up
with a workaround.  For some reason it likes to show one text box but not
the other.  So what I did was put a rectangle over the "non-showing" text
box, gave it a VBA name, and ran code to set its visible property to FALSE
when I click the button.  That worked!

BRING ON PPT 2010!

Bill Foley

"Bill Foley" <billfoley@aircanopy.net> wrote in message
> Hey gang,
>
> Guess who's back!  I finally broke down and bought Office 2007 (not sure
> why though)!  One of my games is not working correctly and I have no idea
> why. I have very simple code that hides text boxes, then shows them when
> needed using VBA.  One of the objects shows up but the other one doesn't.
> Yes, I verified the names of the shapes.  I've used this in PPT 2003 for
> years with no problems.  If I go out of Slide Show mode, the text boxes
> the didn't show up are visible.
>
> Is this some sort of known bug with PPT 2007?  Any ideas?  They are simple
> text boxes.  Nothing more.  Both created the exact same way in PPT 2003.
>
> HELP!
>
> Bill Foley

0
Bill
3/25/2010 2:28:31 AM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Steve Rindsberg wrote:
>>     ' bump it off the slide
>>     .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100
>
> Might be a problem on multimonitor setups?

Nope. PowerPoint slide show window shows till the slide boundaries only.
Anything beyond those are "clipped".

- Chirag

  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

0
Chirag
3/25/2010 10:26:19 AM
In article <egHNXz5yKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Karl E. Peterson
wrote:
> Steve Rindsberg wrote:
> >     ' bump it off the slide
> >     .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100
>
> Might be a problem on multimonitor setups?

Say "Thanks, Chirag". <g>

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/25/2010 3:08:44 PM
In article <ei0Ucl5yKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Bill Foley wrote:
> Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing.  So, for something as simple as
> the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?

The GoToSlide refresh or t'other one?

See my reply to David's response to my answer to you.... oohhh my head's
spinning and I think I'm gonna .... 'scuse me, gottarun!

> Sub Correct1_1()
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("Q1-1").Visible = True
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("P1-1").Visible = True
> End Sub
>
> Funny thing, the P1-1 object shows up fine (matter of fact I have 5 of these
> and they all show up).  However, the Q1-1 through Q1-5 do not!
>
> What would I have to do to make this work in PPT 2007?  Man, why did this
> happen in the first place?  But, more importantly HOW???
>
> Any clues would be appreciated.  I would even be happy to send the game file
> to you (off-line).
>
> TIA!
>
> Bill Foley
>
> "David Marcovitz" <marco@nospamloyola.edu> wrote in message

> >> Waaal HOWDY Tex!

> >> Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
> >> invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen in
> >> slide
> >> show view.
> >>
> >> It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force a
> >> refresh.  If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.
> >>

> >> ==============================
> >> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> >> http://www.pptfaq.com/
> >>
> >> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> >> http://www.pptools.com/
> >>

> > What Steve said and ...
> >
> > I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
> > summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
> > that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area of
> > the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then have to
> > keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make it
> > visible. For my non-programming students, it was another annoying layer of
> > complexity.
> >
> > By the way, welcome back!
> >
> > --David
> > --
> > David M. Marcovitz
> > Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> > http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
> > Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> > Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/25/2010 3:08:45 PM
Hmm.  I've run across all kinds of other little weirdnesses with text and VBA
in files that've been yanked into 2007 from earlier versions.

Sometimes roundtripping through HTML fixes the problem, sometimes deleting and
re-making the text box does the job.

Sounds like you may've been bit by the same sort of bug.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
3/25/2010 3:08:45 PM
I think the problem with Steve's code is that it is made to work if the
shape starts visible and needs to be made invisible. You are trying to
do the opposite so I don't think his code will help. You could start
with the shapes visible, then before going to the slide, make them
invisible (with Steve's or similar code). From that point on it should work.
--David

On 3/24/10 5:31 PM, Bill Foley wrote:
> Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing.  So, for something as simple as
> the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?
>
> Sub Correct1_1()
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("Q1-1").Visible = True
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("P1-1").Visible = True
> End Sub
>
> Funny thing, the P1-1 object shows up fine (matter of fact I have 5 of these
> and they all show up).  However, the Q1-1 through Q1-5 do not!
>
> What would I have to do to make this work in PPT 2007?  Man, why did this
> happen in the first place?  But, more importantly HOW???
>
> Any clues would be appreciated.  I would even be happy to send the game file
> to you (off-line).
>
> TIA!
>
> Bill Foley
>

> "David Marcovitz"<marco@nospamloyola.edu>  wrote in message

>>> Waaal HOWDY Tex!

>>> Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
>>> invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen in
>>> slide
>>> show view.
>>>
>>> It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force a
>>> refresh.  If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.
>>>

>>> ==============================
>>> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
>>> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>>>
>>> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
>>> http://www.pptools.com/
>>>

>> What Steve said and ...
>>
>> I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
>> summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
>> that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area of
>> the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then have to
>> keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make it
>> visible. For my non-programming students, it was another annoying layer of
>> complexity.
>>
>> By the way, welcome back!
>>
>> --David
>> --
>> David M. Marcovitz
>> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
>> http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
>> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
>> Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland
0
David
3/25/2010 8:25:49 PM
Chirag wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Steve Rindsberg wrote:
>>>     ' bump it off the slide
>>>     .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100
>>
>> Might be a problem on multimonitor setups?
>
> Nope. PowerPoint slide show window shows till the slide boundaries only.
> Anything beyond those are "clipped".

Ahhh.  Convenient.  :-)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl

hardware failure
hi, I have PC with P4 and win xp during regular operation it suddenly shut down; I replaced my power supply - I tested 3 different power suply - no reaction from my PC; what else can be the reason for this type of behavior? any suggestions? thank you lesio lesio wrote: > hi, I have PC with P4 and win xp > during regular operation it suddenly shut down; > I replaced my power supply - I tested 3 different power suply - no reaction > from my PC; > what else can be the reason for this type of behavior? > any suggestions? > thank you > > lesio A ...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

a simple math formula
Hi, I'm new to this and have a very simple question. I have values, simple numbers representing weight in kg, that I wish to automatically convert to US pounds. The 'kg' numbers are in fields B5 - to B77 for example. I want the conversion result (simply multiplying each B cell entry by 2.2) placed in the ''cell adjacent. Thanks! Dave Horne Hi David In C5 enter =CONVERT(B5,"kg","lbm") and copy down through C6:C77 -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:upOf6pgUJHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

Backup Money 2007 to DVD
I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY Money Backup but I want to backup with DVD. How do I do this?????? When exited from Money, use your favorite burning software and burn a DVD from the file? "Chris109" <Chris109@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AEF5D0-105A-4392-BA6D-369A7F31FEF8@microsoft.com... >I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and > Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY > Money > Backup...

Intelligent Message Filter Installation Failure
I've tried installing the Intelligent Message Filter on a Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The installation fails at around 98% with the following error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor. I tried downloading it again, and had the same results. Any ideas? Thanks ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Simple Access counting queries

Excel / VBA / SQL DB
Anybody done any work with Excel / VBA / SQL DB? Can you give me some pointers on how I could do the following all in one VBA routine: 1) From a cell variable value (ie, user enters a customer code), I query table A and put the data into a worksheet starting from say cell A1. 2) A blank row is created after the last data line in point 1 above. 3) Using the same cell variable, query table B and put the data into the worksheet starting from the row after the blank row in point 2 above. and so on. Like I've said before I work with ASP all day and know about ADO connections, commands and...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

Smart Tag for Outlook 2007
Hi, I need to create a Smart Tag for Outlook 2007. How can I do that? There's any tutorial or reference? Thank in advance! ...

Viewing shared 2003 outlook calendar in 2007 Outlook
Shared calendars with colleagues who have 2003. I can see the calendar but not the info in the calendar. Nothing is provate marked from their side and is able to be seen by other 2003 users. is there a quick fix? ...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Outlook 2007 error event id: 35
Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the event viewer on my vista laptop. And usualy my outlook at some point just goes into the "not responding" mode. Then I have to kill the process from the task manager to be able to reopen outlook just to see it freeze again after a couple of seconds. I tried the whole stop indexing service and reinstall index service procedure to no avail. Does anyone else have a solution to this very anoying problem? Fred putzhilfe@gmail.com <putzhilfe@gmail.com> wrote: > Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

Help with a code
I have these code and it works find: but i also want to use it for different culumn within the same sheet. how do i add Column D with different target? meaning "S" for Study and "B" for books and s on... and maybe adding a Msg box to it that will only allow the Letters specify.. thank you in advance.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target = "" Then Exit Sub If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Target, Range("c6:c50")) Is Nothing Then If UCase(Target) = "C" Then Target = "Contribution" El...