PowerPoint crashing while using Slide Library

What: I wanted a way to have many individuals owning and updating content, as
well as one place to display all of the content so I decided a PowerPoint
presentation built off a slide library would be an effective way to
facilitate this.

Whats the issue: I wanted one slide to be the overview slide showing all the
content within, and links to the individual slides with the actual content.
Creating these links and hitting save crashes powerpoint.  (Note: I tried the
same steps with a PowerPoint presentation that was not created from a slide
library and it did not crash.)

Here are the steps I was taking:
1.	Create slide library
2.	Import slides into a PowerPoint presentation
3.	Select the options to keep source formatting and notify me of slide changes
4.	Select an image on a slide, create a hyperlink to another slide in the file
5.	Repeat step 4 with a different image and linking to a different slide
6.	Click save
7.	Notice PowerPoint crashing on you and cry

Any clue on why this is happening?  How to stop PowerPoint from crashing?
Another way to achieve what I am looking to do?

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

Hard drive crash
I had a hard drive crash. I have recovered the files bt can not open Money from them. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Elamt wrote: >I had a hard drive crash. I have recovered the files bt can not open Money >from them. Any ideas? You will need to install Microsoft Money. What you do may be affected by the version, but in no case will an older version open a file from a newer version. Save the *.mny and *.mbf files from the crashed hard drive. Make an extra copy in case your new media fails. ...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint
Office 97 When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour. Thanks so much for any help. Diana Select all the cells you are copying. Then: Format > Cells... > Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right) When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are turned on -- Gary''s Student "Cowtoon" wrote: > Off...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Powerpoint won't open
When I select Power Point as part of my Microsoft 2004 package it refuses to open. I just get the circular whirly rainbow and can only close it with a Force Quit Hi there! Maybe you should run the Office installation again (just insert the Office CD/DVD into your CD/DVD drive) and select "repair" when it asks you whether you want to remove, repair or do other things. :) Regards, Christian On Nov 16, 2:36=A0pm, silverstar <silvers...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I select Power Point as part of my Microsoft 2004 package it refuses= to > ...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

WMP12 crashes after 5 seconds
im using WMP12 on WIN 7 it crashes after approx 5 seconds and goes thru the normal WMP12 encountered an error message but nothing happens with regards to fixing or reporting... Media centre works fine. so im kinda perplexed.. i must point out thoi i UPGRADED to WIn 7 from Vista home premium.. the installation went smoothly and everything was fine until i shanged the mobo and cpu for a quadcore any ideas pls??? Any crash details for that from the Event Viewer? http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html ...

Word 2008 keeps crashing
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and installed Office 2008. Whenever I type in Word or copy/paste from another document, I either get an error that says "Insufficient memory" or the application freezes and will not respond. Is there something I can do or just have to wait for an update? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285228210_9363962 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 10:37 AM, in article ee8c846.-1@web...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Quotes, orders and invoices all crash CRM!
I have a post update callout process which I have attached to the update event on the quote, order and invoice. Having attached the process whenever I attempt to read an existing quote, order or invoice or to save a new quote, order or invoice CRM presents its 'an error has occurred please contact your system administrator' message. Normally in this case I would check the event viewer but in this case it is completely empty! The callout process as it's first action logs a message to a file just so that I can monitor the progress and this is not happening so it appears that the pro...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

Powerpoint password
i forget my powerpoint password now i want to open it so what should i do? Hi, Ooops..... What version? Did you set it as Read only or on open? Done a search on Google? I used to break them once but then I got cultured. -- Regards, Glen Millar Microsoft PPT MVP Tutorials and PowerPoint animations at the original www.pptworkbench.com glen at pptworkbench dot com "Powerpoint password hints" <Powerpoint password hints@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB1AA46-F5B5-455F-9F46-6AF7AC4D5CDE@microsoft.com... > i forget my powerpoint...

Creating and pasting using VB
I need to create an email and paste a current selection in microsoft excel using visual basic. I have just started to work on this so I don't know what all I have to include. If I need mapi add-ins or anything else added please let me know. I already have the sub routines set to copy the data that I need out of excel but now I need to email this data automattically. Any help would be very helpful. Thanks, Matt ...