Powerpoint 2007 03-12-10

I have tried to change the theme or template to an existing presentation but
Powerpoint will not apply the change?
Suggestions?

How are you going about changing the theme/template? What is happening -- or
not happening, as the case may be?

Which version of PPT?

Assuming PPT 2007, you might try hitting the Reset button on Home tab |
Slides group (next to the New Slide button). Sometimes if there are a lot of
customizations to the slide in question, you have to reset its layout.

"Pip" <Pip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to change the theme or template to an existing presentation
> but
> Powerpoint will not apply the change?
> Suggestions?

0
Echo
3/15/2010 1:54:05 PM
Duh, you put PowerPoint 2007 right there in the subject line. Missed it,
sorry! (Ignore that part of my questions, of course.)

"Echo S" <msnewsgroups@echosvoiceUGHSPAM.com> wrote in message
> How are you going about changing the theme/template? What is happening --
> or not happening, as the case may be?
>
> Which version of PPT?
>
> Assuming PPT 2007, you might try hitting the Reset button on Home tab |
> Slides group (next to the New Slide button). Sometimes if there are a lot
> of customizations to the slide in question, you have to reset its layout.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "Pip" <Pip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have tried to change the theme or template to an existing presentation
>> but
>> Powerpoint will not apply the change?
>> Suggestions?

0
Echo

drop down list #10
Is there a way to create a drop down list in a cell which can be added to? Excel 2007 Currently have a worksheet with a list in cells z50>z55 with entries Then selected g5 to 50 and data validate > list > named range z50>55 Works well except when there is a change to one of the figures in the list Other than picking from this list no other entry can be made in g 5 > 50 So would like to be able to add other numbers to the list and have it grow Is this possible? I'm sure the array formula experts will have a far shorter solution, but this should work: ="You hvave &qu...

Access 2007 ribbon help

IE8 won't sort favorites 04-04-10
I right-click on "sort by name" , but IE8 won't sort alphabetically. I don't understand why it won't sort. Any suggestions? Thank you. David Is somebody going to answer this question or not ??? "pc nerd" wrote: > I right-click on "sort by name" , but IE8 won't sort alphabetically. I don't > understand why it won't sort. Any suggestions? > > Thank you. > David Definitely *not*, now. HAND -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."...

Freeze Panes in Excel 2007
I wish to freeze panes in excel 2007 however, the option is not highlighted i.e. I click on it but nothing appears. Help! -- JB Try that from cell B2. http://inpics.net/tutorials/excel2007/vis5.html If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Jen" wrote: > I wish to freeze panes in excel 2007 however, the option is not highlighted > i.e. I click on it but nothing appears. Help! > -- > JB Make sure you are in Normal View--Freeze panes doesn't work in Page Layout View. Jane "Jen" wrote: > I wish to freeze panes in excel 2007 ho...

update 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I received an email from Microsoft alerting me to the new update for Office 2008 for Mac. I downloaded all 221 MB of it as well as the Silverlight 3.0 program and installed the silverlight. When trying to install the update I get the following message: &quot;Office 2008 12.2.4 update can't be installed on this disk (my Mac harddrive) A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.&quot; <br> What do I need to do now to get the update to install properl...

Stationary #10
I'm trying to put my company logo and details into Outlook 2003 emails. How do i do this? Can somebody please recommend a good site that explains the process of putting my company logo onto Outlook email messages please? Thanx Simon ...

Service Calendar Error -CRM Client for laptop Vista, Office 2007
Hi, I wanted to enable the Service Calendar functionality in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook I found the article KB916921 and done the thing in the article. <SubArea Id="nav_apptbook" ResourceId="Homepage_AppointmentBook" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_servicecal.gif" Url="/sm/home_apptbook.aspx" Client="Web"> replace sentences by using the following sentence: <SubArea Id="nav_apptbook" ResourceId="Homepage_AppointmentBook" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_servicecal.gif" Url="/sm/home_apptbook.aspx&...

GP 10 Payroll Set up
HI All, We are a gold certified partner and are starting a gp 10 payroll project does anyone out there have a good payroll set up checklist they could share with me?? I loked on partnersource and could not find anything, Appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Yo can email me any set up checklist you may have at jims@em-powered.com or call me at 814-942-8777 ext 117 Thank You Jim Empower Business Solutions Jim, Are you looking for the HR/Payroll combination, or just Payroll? Leslie "Jim" wrote: > HI All, We are a gold certified partner and are sta...

Outlook '03 fails to open existing pst files
I upgraded to Office 2003 Pro on 5 machines. 1 of them didn't import outlook settings from the previous system. Now, anytime a Data Files type option is used the following message comes up before any dialogs. "There was an error locating one of the items needed to complete this operation. It might have been deleted" Outlook 2003 works but will not allow access to the outlook 2000 files. This has happened after all of my attempts to fix it. such as, fix the install, reinstall, remove and reinstall, remove (including removing registry entries and directories related...

Help needed: Word 10 for Mac and XP PC Word files' non-printing characters
Any time I bring a Word XP (for Windows) file home from the office and take advantage of Word's interoperability with Macs to open it on my Imac under OS 10.3, the Mac copy of Word (Office 10) insists on displaying the non-printing characters (tabs, paragraph marks etc) from the PC file and when I try to turn them off with the usual "hide" command on the Mac they will NOT go away. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this ? Check the View tab in Preferences--they can be turned on permanently there. Dayo "Michael Bryan" wrote: > Any time I bring a Word XP (f...

Mailbox rights in 2007
Where/how do i give mailbox rights in exchange 2007? Where is the equivalent of mailbox rights (exchange 2003) in exchange 2007? Thanks You currently set it from the command shell (Monad/Powershell) by issuing the add-mailboxpermission command. [MSH] C:\>add-mailboxpermission (identity/mailbox name) -Accessrights Fullaccess -user (user to grant rights) You can verify current rights by running get-mailboxpermission (identity/mailbox name) When you enter the identity/mailbox name, you can either use the short alias, or the long name, though if you enter the name and it has spaces in...

Cannot open MS Office Outlook 2007
Lately when i have tried to open office outlook, I get a message saying "Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\users\username\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst cannot be opened". As a result it never opens. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and i continue to get the same message. My OS is Vista home premium and I have MS Office outlook 2007 as part of MS Office Enterprise 2007. I believe the inability to open outlook is also affecting windows mobile device center and keeps that program from syncing my mobile device, because another prog...

Deleting rows 05-03-10
I'm trying to figure out if I can set up a macro to delete rows if they do not contain anything in specific columns. For example, I have product codes in column A and totals for on-hand and ordered numbers in columns B and C. If some rows do not have on-hand or ordered numbers I want to delete those rows. Any ideas? Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm For example in the first macro use Change the range in this line that you want to test If Application.CountA(.Cells(Lrow, 1).Range("A1,M1,X1")) = 0 Then .Rows(Lrow).Delete Sub Loop_Example() ...

excel 2007 hangs when switching worksheet
i am using excel 2007 in window 7 platform, my excel will randomly hang when i switch the worksheet of the same file, especially switch few times in few seconds. i have same problem post in http://www.ms-news.net/f1228/excel-2007-worksheet-switching-issue-using-windows-7-a-10575789.html , but the blog can not provide solution, hope here can provide solution to me. Thanks. Sorry: No solutions here either! You have posted in the Excel for Macintosh forum. The PC forums are down the passage: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx Mind you, what you are doing is VERY...

Help Please 10-03-07
I'm using the code below to send a mass email to multiple recipients. I'm getting the addresses from a table. I'm trying to do this in Lotus notes. But only the first 3 address in the list work. The rest don't show up. If i reduce the list then it does show, but i can't fit even 25% of it. Is there a way around this ? I know i'm not exceeding the Lotus notes limit of how many poeple i can send my email to. Is this some sort of access hickup ? Private Sub Command103_Click() Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Dim strEmail As String rs.Open "YourEmai...

Trouble installing 10.1.1 update
I have Office V.x. I have inatalled updates 10.1.2; 10.1.3; 10.1.4 and 10.1.5. Now PowerPoint and Excel close upon opening. The fix is supposed to be going back and installing 10.1.1 When I attempt to install 10.1.1 on my hard drive, I get the following messages "You cannont install this software on this disk" and "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update". What's up? On 10/4/03 11:33 AM, in article 048a01c38aa6$0fd83e20$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Michael Bourque" <michaelbourque@mac.com> wrote: > I have Office V.x. I have inatalled u...

Excel 2007 Rect type problem
I have the following code that allows a user to add points to a chart by simply clicking on the chart area. A point is added to the chart by interpolating the cursor position between the minimum and maximum scale values, then writing the point coordinates to the dynamic range on which the chart is built. It works fine in Excel 2003; but, it fails in Excel 2007. The AAA code runs whenever the chart is clicked. The cursor point coordinates (x and y) seem to work okay but the chart rectangle coordinates (i, j, k, n) are all zero, in Excel 2007. I need to be able to map the g...

Publish Chart not supported in Office 2007?
Dear, The following script can work in Excel 2003, but I get an error message "This function or attribute not supported in this version" in Excel 2007. ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceChart, cFile, cSheetName, cChartID, xlHtmlChart, "Book1_87181", "") Is there any equivalent method available to publish chart object as htmlin Excel 2007. Thanks a lot. James Lin ...

can i use bought outlook 2007 on new computer? have lost product
My previous laptop died along with the outlook 2007 that I bought 6 months ago. I have now bought a new laptop. How can I find out my product key for the outlook 2007 bought? and can i reuse it on my new computer. I bought it on-line but cannot find email or any previous activation keys. any help appreciated anon83 wrote: > My previous laptop died along with the outlook 2007 that I bought 6 months > ago. I have now bought a new laptop. How can I find out my product key for > the outlook 2007 bought? and can i reuse it on my new computer. I bought it > on-l...

Office 2007 Farsi (Persian) Support
Does anyone know if Office 2007 supports the Farsi (Persian) language. If so what is involed in seting it up. Thanks.... John Go to the Office web site at http://office.microsoft.com and type "Farsi" in the search box. I see a Language Interface Pack for the Farsi language for Office 2003 and a third party add-on input method for Word. It doesn't say what version the input method is for. Earle "John James" <JohnJames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A48B6AD-A133-479F-BD11-46E5C9E6F468@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know...

Outlook 03
Is there any way in Outlook 03 to view both one's folder list and shortcuts simultaneously (i.e. the way it works in Outlook 2000)? No, not possible -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Brett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:311b01c4710b$7d2a4e40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way in Outlook 03 to view both one's folder > list and shortcuts simultaneously (i.e. the way it works > in Outl...

Office 2007 compatibility pack 03-19-10
Hello all. I'm having an issue where I had an older version of the compatibility pack installed on a machine with Office XP, and when I would try to open a newer version docx or xlsx file, it would say something like "This is a pre-release version, do you want to download the new version now?" So I would click yes, download the latest version, login as admin, uninstall old version, reboot, install new version, and it still gives me the same message even though I uninstalled the old version and installed the latest. How can I fix this problem? Thanks. The lat...

[Announce] Release 3 of Altova 2007 XML product line
[Announce:] Altova=AE is pleased to announce general availability of Release 3 of its Version 2007 XML product line. Just a few of the many new features include: * Support for working with Open XML data in Microsoft=AE Office 2007 documents in XMLSpy * Extended database functionality across the product line * CSS editing in XMLSpy * Table of contents (TOC) support in StyleVision * And much more More info and screenshots are available at http://www.altova.com/whatsnew.h= tml. Download a free trial at http://www.altova.com/download.html . ...

Money 2007 Incompatibilities
I just read that Microsoft has decreed that Money 2007 Essentials will not be able to open to previous versions of Money files. This has made my decision to switch to Quicken a no-brainer. I've struggled along with Money through each version with the attitude of "the devil you know", but it appears that longtime users are no longer important to Microsoft unless they are willing to upgrade to a product that they don't need. Since I will no longer use my existing Money files, it just feels like Microsoft is holding a gun to my head. thanks, Microsoft. What makes you think M...

Space between paragraphs of same style in Word 2007
Is there any way to once and for all, now and forever, uncheck that wretched "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" box in Word 2007? I NEVER want that box checked, but every time I open a new document, every time I start a new style, that abominable box is checked again. Did Bill Gates put this option in as the default just to torment me personally? Or is 2007 just evil? Thanks. Use templates that contain styles defined the way that you want them. Then use them now and forever. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless yo...