PowerPoint 07 multiple footers

I sent this question yesterday, but I don't see the post.

I have a user who wants a footer on odd numbered pages, and another on even
numbered pages.  I know you can have multiple masters, but i'm not sure you
can alternate them.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you.

please ignore this post.  i didn't think the first one posted for the
following reasons:

an internet window appeared after i sent it, making it look like i was
unsuccessful (SSL and TLS are checked)
i didn't receive notification of responses, even though i checked the box
and there were 3 responses
i searched for my own posts and my question didn'nt show in the results.

i often have these problems using this board, and i'm not sure why.  it's
been very bothersome.

thank you.

"LisaK" wrote:

> I sent this question yesterday, but I don't see the post.
>
> I have a user who wants a footer on odd numbered pages, and another on even
> numbered pages.  I know you can have multiple masters, but i'm not sure you
> can alternate them.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you.
Hi Lisa

Don't use the web interface - it's rubbish (as you have found out). Use a
newsreader instead :-) :
The PowerPoint Newsgroup
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00275.htm

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"LisaK" <LisaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please ignore this post.  i didn't think the first one posted for the
> following reasons:
>
> an internet window appeared after i sent it, making it look like i was
> unsuccessful (SSL and TLS are checked)
> i didn't receive notification of responses, even though i checked the box
> and there were 3 responses
> i searched for my own posts and my question didn'nt show in the results.
>
> i often have these problems using this board, and i'm not sure why.  it's
> been very bothersome.
>
> thank you.
>
> "LisaK" wrote:
>
>> I sent this question yesterday, but I don't see the post.
>>
>> I have a user who wants a footer on odd numbered pages, and another on
>> even
>> numbered pages.  I know you can have multiple masters, but i'm not sure
>> you
>> can alternate them.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you.

0
Lucy

OWA FE/BE and multiple child domains in a forest
Hello all i am hoping someone can help me with this issue. We currently have OWA working in a FE /BE configuration. Is it possible to have the same front end server and a differetn B/E server in a different domain within a forest work? We have 2 domains that have a 2 way trust between them ABC and XYZ. LIkewise our email addresses are abc.com and xyz.com. We can get to abc.com email from OWA no prolbem. We tried logging into the xyz domain and it seems to authenticate but when the mailbox comes up it says that its loading and stays that way. The logs show they authenticated properly but...

Multiple Inboxes #2
I have multiple E-Mail accounts and want to separate the mail. How do I designate a separate inbox for each ? "Bud Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dbe01c3df52$d8ef9c80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have multiple E-Mail accounts and want to separate the > mail. How do I designate a separate inbox for each ? Rules wizard. ...

Multiple Data Migrations
We have our initial information in CRM. Can we do more data migrations of new accounts and products with our current CRM data intact so that it will just append to what we have out there? Yes, according to the documentation, the DMF always appends. Regards, Matt Narayan. >-----Original Message----- >We have our initial information in CRM. Can we do more >data migrations of new accounts and products with our >current CRM data intact so that it will just append to >what we have out there? >. > Yes and No - if you already have the Accounts and Products in CRM you...

Pivot Tables & Multiple Row Entries
Hi, When there are 1 or more descriptive fields in a pivot table and the entries in field 2 or further on are repeated, the values in the previous field are left blank for each repition of the subsequent field. This causes problems for further sorting etc...unless you use formulas. Does anybody know how to ensure that all cells in the descriptive fields (rows in the layout section) are populated with the appropriate value? Thanks POD -- POD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ POD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Why does Publisher not allow multiple page email newsletters?
Just received Publisher 2003. I'm trying to make an email newsletter and trying to incorporate the "more details" links embedded into the template. However, if I want that to be a link to another page in the document, it doesn't work if I send the .pub as a message in an email. It doesn't work any way I save it, .mht, .tif, etc. I'm curious why I had to spend two days sorting out the whole "more details" links through the help files only to find that they're useless unless I have it link to some other arbitrary site. I bought publisher for thi...

I need help to customize a specific PowerPoint template
For PowerPoint template called "Beam", how do I change the first bullet on the master slide to be yellow instead of red and still keep the shade effect, and bring the bullet that is blue with the shade effect up to be the second level bullet? ...

Duplicate query 12-06-07
I have 2 databases which have data, I wish to check one database against the other for duplicate records using a specific number sequence assigned to each record. But this number sequence is not an ID field. I wish to write all non duplicates from this database to a new list? I'm still new to access and don't know how to approach this. -- Paul Wilson The field you join on does not have to be an id field. As long as you wish to identify records in two tables that have the same values in a field (or fields), you just join the two tables on those fields. If there is already a j...

Hyperlink in Footer #2
Is this possible? If not, is there a way of changing the font when you assign a hyperlin to a group of words? I would like the keep the font bolded Arial bu when you assign a hyperlink to it, it switches automatically to norma and underline (so you know it's a hyperlink-- but I will know what i already). Is this possible? Finally, on an unrelated question, how do you get the forumla/type/tex bar to show up on the Toolbar? I can't see when I'm making correction what the text says very easily. I somehow lost this toolbar function. TIA -- sabunab -------------------------...

How to personalize emails to multiple recipients?
Hello, I'd like to "personalize" emails I send to many recipients. That means easy things like having the recipients in some format db or Excel and then send it too all of them with having everyone addressed like "Dear John" etc. Is there any option I could do that with, like using fields or something? Thanks for your help Thomas Use Mail Merge. Help has directions. "Thomas" wrote: > Hello, > > I'd like to "personalize" emails I send to many recipients. That means easy > things like having the recipients in some format db or...

How to look up a value in a list and return multiple corresponding
I followed the instructions on the excel help page of how look up a value in a list and return multiple corresponding values but somethings not right. I have tried this numerous times in my excel spreadsheet and it does not return any values let alone numerous values. No values will appear unless I go into the insert menu and click function, but then here it will only give me the smallest value, even when there is more than one. Please help asap! Thank you. How about giving us some details? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "123456789" <123456789@discussions.m...

How do I copy a screen in Excel for use in Powerpoint?
I need to copy a few Excel screens for training purposes and want to paste them into a PowerPoint slide show. Can anyone help? Alt+PrintScreen and the paste into Powerpoiint. "Bess" wrote: > I need to copy a few Excel screens for training purposes and want to paste > them into a PowerPoint slide show. Can anyone help? It shows that i have transferred it to the clipboard but it will not show me the screen in PowerPoint. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? "David Hepner" wrote: > Alt+PrintScreen and the paste into Powerpoiint. > > "Bess" ...

Multiple date validation in a single cell
I am trying to do a rather complicated validation (I think it i anyway!) I want to allow ONLY dates of a particular format to be entered int the one cell - i.e. YYYY OR mm/YYYY OR dd/mm/YYYY For example, the same cell can have either one of these format entered, but MUST match one of them to be accepted. 1970 is OK and is captured in the cell as 1970 (not 1/01/1970) 70 is assumed to mean 1970 on entry 05/1970 is OK, captured in the cell as 05/1970 (not 1/05/1970) 5/70 or May-70 is assumed to mean 05/0970 on entry 05/06/2004 is OK 5/6/04 or 5 June 04 is assumed to mean 05/06/2004 on entr...

How do I add .htm to every link in a worksheet? Multiple hyperlinks+targets
I have about 500 hyperlinks in my worksheets. An example of 1 of th links = "..dvd/1994/940602" As you can see, i forgot to use the file extension i wanted to link t (*.htm) Is there a way to edit 500 links by automatically adding .ht to each one with out me going the manual route. i "..dvd/1994/940602.htm" Also how do i change the "_parent" to "main" so all the links open i the main window, and not just a new page. When i have the page saved as html, i can go in find and replace i wordpad which easily changes the links (searched on "target =...

Multiple IF Statements
Hello, I'm trying to write an IF statement that has 3 possible outcomes. I have written each statement on their own and they all work, but I can't link them together. What I would like to is: IF cell E42 = "3 Months" =IF(E42="3 Month", VLOOKUP(A45,Data!$A$2:$E$13,3,FALSE)) Else if cell E42 = "12 Months" =IF(E42="12 Month", VLOOKUP(A45,Data!$A$2:$E$13,4,FALSE)) Else if cell E42 = "24 Months" =IF(E42="24 Month", VLOOKUP(A45,Data!$A$2:$E$13,5,FALSE)) Any help would be great! Thanks Maybe... =vlookup(a45,data!$a$2:$e$13...

Multiple Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail Navigation panes
Would greatly appreciate help. I have two Personal Folders (both with the same sub folders: Inbox, Sent Items, etc.) in the Folder List and Mail views in the Navigation Pane. With both, when I right click on them, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How do I get rid of one of them?? Thank you. If they are true personal folders then you must go through tools, services, highlight appropriate personal folder and remove it there. This is for Outlook 2k, you didnt specify which version. >-----Original Message----- >Would greatly appreciate help. >I have two ...

Expressions using multiple records
I am tracking production equipment effectiveness. Operators are selecting the tool designator from a list, entering an event type and the date/time of the event start. A query pulls out records for a particular tool, sorted by date/time. I'd like to add a calculated field that shows event duration, but that involves using the event start date/time from more than one record. In other words the event duration is defined by a record's start date/time and is cut off by the following record's event start date/time. A simple subtraction if I can pull in the same field from tw...

Database 11-25-07
I created a database for an archery tournament and I would like to assign people to a team and have the scores add together automatically for a combined total. My problem is some people may be on more than one team and their individual score needs to be used on multiple teams. Is there a way to do this? I would need to be able to assign more than one team number to a person. "Dave" <isaa@wctatel.net> wrote in message news:EC25FE68-8CAA-472E-8EA2-099357844D1B@microsoft.com... >I created a database for an archery tournament and I would like to assign > people to a te...

Documents in Multiple Monitors
Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing them side by side is unintuitive (compared to Word). Will this be finally addressed in Office 2007? It wasn't as of the last beta I tried. -- -C. Moya www.cmoya.com I'm able to do it with my multiple monitor setup. What problems are you having? How are you trying to do it? Craig CMM wrote: > Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard > (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing ...

Easiest way to insert multiple copied rows?

In Excel 2007 chart with multiple lines, mouse doesn't track lines
If I open an Excel 2003 x-y scatter line chart with multiple (x,y) line graphs (or open a graph that was saved under Excel 2007), and I move the mouse over the various lines (some of them may be close to each other) then there is an x 'offset' in the location of the mouse and when Excel recognizes a line graph and displayes the line title with a little message underneath the mouse cursor. Another way to explain thsi behaviour is if you try to click at a particular line graph, it may not select it, it may select a different line graph that is located left to where the mouse is. ...

Multiple Packing slip numbers for Order Fulfillments
For split shipments of a line item on either an order or invoice, it would be nice to be able to have multiple packing slip numbers associated with the line item. This would be similar to the POP handling of receipts. You can have multiple receipts with multiple receipt numbers on one line item of a PO. Currently in SOP if you have multple shipments on one order they have the same packing slip number with a "reprint" logo on top of the packing slip. On the other side, when the customer receives this and puts it into their POP system they are now going to have two documents ...

saving excel with multiple sheets, but won't save to proper sheet
I have a shared worksheet in Excel that several people save to throughout the day. It has several sheets in it and just in the past couple of days, when people save, they either lose their changes, or the information is saved to a blank sheet that has not been used yet. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what is the solution. ...

Outside Recipents Recieving Multiple Copies of an Email
Exchange 2003 Server I am currently trying to find clues to a strange email problem. Recipents outside of my domain are recieving multie copies of single emails sent to them from users inside my domain. There is no pattern, sometimes it is 10 copies sometimes it is 113 copies. The Queue for the recipent domain in Exchange has the Status of " The connection was dropped by the remote host. " Any advise, hints, ideas are welcome. Thanks John Newton Look at your SMTP logs to see if there is any more information. Do you have Exchange aware AV on the server? Have you looked into ...

Image in Header/Footer
Hello. I am creating a document with an image in the footer. When I a view the document on my computer the images looks fine. However, when I save the file to disk and try to view or print it on a different computer the image is gone. Do images in Excel headers/footers get saved and embedded in the document, or do they simply get referenced with a linked image?? In Word this isn't a problem. Regardless, how do I get Excel to save the image in the footer so I can take it with me to a different computer for viewing and printing. James James If the other computer has a version of XL be...

Multiple ListBoxes, OptionButtons, Check Boxes Etc.
I would like to place multiple ListBoxex, Option Buttons, or Check Boxes etc. on a sheet. When I do that, they seem to all interact with each other and I can't figure out how to make them act independently. Two check boxes are Ok since one can be "yes" and the other "no" for instance. I would like to have a large list of items and the user can select only the ones they want to use, which in turn will create a "sub list" if you will. I'm open for ideas on doing it some other way than list boxes, check boxes or whatever also. Any ideas? Thanks in a...