Objects copied when resizing/moving multiple objects

When I try to resize or move multiple objects in a powerpoint file, the
objects are all copied.  What is causing this, and how can I stop it?  I use
Powerpoint 2003 on a computer with Windows Vista.

See if this helps:
Office shapes move or duplicate themselves when I click them (VISTA)
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"quietchick" <quietchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to resize or move multiple objects in a powerpoint file, the
> objects are all copied.  What is causing this, and how can I stop it?  I
> use
> Powerpoint 2003 on a computer with Windows Vista.

0
Lucy

copy profile?
howto copy a you're profile from a win7 client to a win2008 man profile? sounds simple, but it isn't anymore...... any suggestions? tx "nico" <Administrator@pcvomeetjesland.local> wrote in message news:#u6A8cWDLHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > howto copy a you're profile from a win7 client to a win2008 man profile? > sounds simple, but it isn't anymore...... > > any suggestions? > > tx What exactly is a "you're profile" and a "win2008 man profile"? I need to make a default profile on a win...

Updating multiple fields in one table via Update query
Hi, Have a table designed as follows equip1 text equip2 text equip3 text equip4 text equip5 text equip6 text equip7 text equip8 text equip9 text equip10 text What I need to do is to check each field and if the field is = "Tennessee" then update it to read "TN" Is there a way to do this in one update query vs having to write 10 different update queries? Thanks Jeffro wrote: > Hi, > Have a table designed as follows > > equip1 text > equip2 text >...

Need help with VBA
I have to admit that I am totally out of my depth with this one. I'm working with Excel 2007. I have worksheet (Master Sheet) that contains a list of data; depending on the input the number of rows can be 15 or 500. There are a total of 19 columns, but columns A and B are key. Column A contains dates and Column B is text. What I need is to automate the following: From the "Master Sheet", look at Columns A and B. For every unique combination, copy those rows into a new worksheet that is named "Column A, Column B". If that new combination worksheet alread...

Template "moves" when I add text
I created and saved a template in word. It has graphics elements on top, side and bottom. When I add text, the graphics slip to next page. It doesn't seem to work the same way a template does in PowerPoint. I even found how to anchor the graphic, but it didn't' anchor, i guess. Nevermind. I just moved EVERYTHING into header and footer and it seemed to work. "amelia" wrote: > I created and saved a template in word. It has graphics elements on top, > side and bottom. When I add text, the graphics slip to next page. It > doesn't seem ...

Moving Data Folders for Windows Small Business Server 2003
I need to move Monitoring folder with files SBSMonitoring.mdg ect. I am doing it exactly like in instruction http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708031(WS.10).aspx but there is a command to copy: Osql -E -S ServerName\SBSMonitoring -Q "sp_detach_db 'SBSMonitoring'" and result is: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> Osql -E -S MYSERVER\SharePoint -Q "sp_detach_db 'STS_Config'" usage: osql [-U login id] [-P password] [-S server] [-H hostname] [-E trusted connection] [-d use database name] [-l login timeout] [-t query...

How to copy Chart and its data to another excel worksheet
I need to copy a set of data AND the chart that I made from it to a specific worksheet in another workbook... but when I try to just select it, copy it and paste it in the ither worksheet, the source of the data remains on the other workbook... is there a way of doing it without having to re-establish all the links?? Please help! Margarita: You can copy an entire worksheet into a new workbook. Assuming yr data and chart are in the same worksheet, right-click the tab where the name of the sheet appears (somewhere near the bottom left side), select "Move or Copy..." in the po...

Why do i get multiple news feeds folders
I have been getting news feed folders in my outlook I delete them from outlook as well I go online and delete them from there howevevr they keep returning now I have 20 of these folders and they are all empty and always have been empty SpottedEagle wrote: > I have been getting news feed folders in my outlook I delete them from > outlook as well I go online and delete them from there howevevr they keep > returning now I have 20 of these folders and they are all empty and always > have been empty Tools-Account Settings-News Feed tab. Remove the accounts from there. ...

Save copy of messages to sent items
Is there a way to prevent a user from unchecking the box that requires "save copy of messeges in sent folder"? We would like to implement some controls/policy that ensures us that we have a copy of every email that has come in and gone out from a user to remain in their mailbox for at least 1 month so the monthly backup can get it on tape. Any ideas, suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. On 2 Nov 2005 06:18:55 -0800, "tkoers@gmail.com" <tkoers@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to prevent a user from unchecking the box that requires >...

Copy a Data Series Between Charts??? #2
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of data series between the graphs. It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy these data series between the graphs. Can it be done? Someone asked for more specific info...here it is: > >I have a spreadsheet that shows data for all 50 states. > >I have about 10 graphs which show this data, but only for certain >states. (All graphs are very similar, except for which states are on >which graph.) &...

Checklist to move from Exchange to stand alone
Setup: Dell PowerEdge 600SC server with Microsoft Exchange and Windows 2000 Server. Desktops running XP and Outlook 2003 (part of MS Office 2003 Basic Edition). Due to circumstances we will move away from our LAN and Exchange server. So my OL2003 will become a stand alone version that does not connect to the Exchange server. 1. I was wondering if this can be done and how? I tried a couple of searches in Google but did not really find the answer. 2. Seconldy I have made a checklist and I was hoping for some feedback in case I left something out? - export outlook contacts from exchange...

Check For Valid Object Reference
How do you check if a reference is still valid? For example, if at the time you need to use a another document reference, how can you check that it’s still valid? Dim sourceDocument as document Set sourceDocument = documents.add … If not sourceDocument is nothing then … Here, the sourceDocument may have been closed before the last call, but in checking the the reference, sourceDocument isn’t nothing (it’s still looks valid), isn’t null (not really used much in VBA anyhow), or empty (it’s been allocated at some point). Currently, I am forcing an error: On Error Resume Next...

multiple worksheets
Hi, I wonder if anyone might be able to give me a bit of advice. I have several worksheets containing observation data from different days, all contained in one workbook. I have assigned a numeric value to each state i.e. left=1, right=2. I have four states and each time I collect data it goes on to a dated (via the tab) worksheet. I want to total the number of each category across the whole observation period. I have tried using the following formula =COUNTIFS('7 Dec'!F8:J15,1,'11 Jan'!F8:J15,1,'18 Jan'!F8:J14,1,'8 March'!F8:J14,1) but...

Multiple Users/One Account
I figure that this forum will almost certainly be faster than my IT department! Anyway, is it possible to have multiple users all monitoring their own e-mail address AND be able to monitor an e-mail address that is common for all of the users? The idea is that other departments only needs to know one address to get ahold of all users in my department. All of the users are monitoring this address and when an e-mail appears the users can all see it and whoever needs to deal with it can move it into a folder of their own and work on actioning it. Yes, but the details depend on what type of m...

COUNTIF with multiple disjoint ranges, same criteria
Is there any way to specify multiple disjoint ranges in one COUNTIF? I.e. something like COUNTIF((A1:C3,D4:F6,G7:I9),"Y") I want to avoid COUNTIF(A1:C3,"Y") + COUNTIF(D4:F6,"Y") + ... -- � 2005 Kurt Swanson AB This formula works as long as it is not located within A1:I9 =SUMPRODUCT(--((A1:C3:D4:F6:G7:I9)="Y")) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Kurt Swanson" wrote: > Is there any way to specify multiple disjoint ranges in one COUNTIF? > > I.e. something like COUNTIF((A1:C3,D4:F6,G7:I9),"Y"...

Copy sheet name into cell
I would like to copy the sheet name into a cell in the same sheet in a way that if the sheet name is changed the content of the cell is changed too. Is there a function to do this? Thank you =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename", A1))+ 1, 255) Try this "ronoee" wrote: > I would like to copy the sheet name into a cell in the same sheet in a way > that if the sheet name is changed the content of the cell is changed too. > Is there a function to do this? > > Thank you > Try this technique from a post by Harlan .....

Chart Selection
Hi, I've been working on copying charts from an Excel spreadsheet to a powerpoint presentation, the copying itself seems to be working fine. The issue i am having is if i copy a range of cells that contains data with a number of charts (all derived from a single copy) as a picture and paste this to Powerpoint. The first chart on the page appears to have the selection brackets around it,which have obviously been there at time of copy. Is there any way to deselect all objects on an excel page prior to copying so that this does not happen. Hopfully this makes sense. Thanks in advance...

multiple read receipts
Hello all, I'm having a strange problem in Exchange 2000. A user A deleted a mail lang ago. Now others users (B, C, ...) are getting read receipts from that deleted mail. These read receipts comes unregularely. The time stamp in the read receipt says that user A read the mail some days till some weeks ago... Sometimes the time stamp is during night hours (the user ist not logged on...). In message tracking center I can see that the read receipt is originated from User A mailbox server. I don't have an idea where to look for this. Can someone help? Thanks! Gero For those ...

combining data in multiple cells
is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 or more cells? Hi, =A1&B1&C1&D1 Mike -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "adkmayhem" wrote: > is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data > from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 ...

Multiple pages open when I open Excel
I was working away in Excel and thought I had clicked the Save icon o the standard toolbar. At that point the block of figures I had bee working on became highlighted (I wasn't using any formulae) I the closed the Excel programme and tried to open it again and this tim multiple pages opened each was a copy and each highlighted in the sam way! Can ayone explain what I did wrong? I just want to save, close an open normally -- Lancashire Lass Do your "pages", which are worksheets,Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP have a number after the filename like filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2 ...

Case should support multiple entities (Not only Account/Contact)
The case currently only supports Account and/or Contact. We have a custom entity that the case needs to be able to support. So the case should either allow for additional ObjectId/ObjectType or have the ability to change the "required" for the Customer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Copying related values
I can do the following with a macro, but is there any way to do it with a formula? On Sheet1, column A contains six digit numbers, like 123456, 314258, and so on. On Sheet2, column A contains the same kind of numbers, but not in the same order, and not necessarily exactly the same numbers. Those columns need to be matched in the following way: When row x of Sheet2 has the same A value as row y of Sheet1, then the value of Sheet2!Bx shall be copied to Sheet1!Cy. In other words, the value of the second column of Sheet2 shall go to the third column of Sheet1. Non matching rows can be ignored...

Binary Deserialization w slight mismatch on target object
I was using standard binary serialization to file for saving off collections of objects. I changed the structure of the objects slightly, fully expecting this to generate an exception on an attempt to load an older serialized image. Not so! It actually seemed to load all the fields with matching names. Is this normally the case? I'd expect that with serialization to an XML file, but not with binary. On 18-05-2010 08:28, Bob wrote: > I was using standard binary serialization to file for saving off > collections of objects. I changed the structure of the objects > sligh...

Multiple Domain with Multiple Email Address
For all you Exchange Expert here my question. I have 2 forest and they is currently a trust between both domains. My question is can I have one Exchange 2003 Server on ABC.com and one Exchange 2003 Server on 123.com. At the same time I can share mailbox resource between both domain. Meaning that if I want to host both domains on ABC.com for both ABC.COM and 123.COM can it be done. I understand that I am limited to 1 Storage group with the Standard Edition while the Enterpise Edition I can host up to 20 different Storage groups. Would I be able to setup accounts for either domains...

excel moves to left
I'll admidt that I'm a different person. I keep my taskbar along the left-hand side of the screen. As a consequence, every time i close and re-open excel, the window moves further to the left, instead of opening at the position where it closed. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? (and moving the taskbar is not an option) using excel 2000 9.0.442 SR-1 on win2k sp4 machine Move the taskbar to the bottom unless a disability contraindicates. "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e5801c3ad54$4bb55920$7d02280a@phx.gbl......

using vb for copying and inserting rows and formulae
I earlier posted the followin message: >I have tried to create a macro that will insert a new row >into a user specified position on worksheet 1, and then >the macro then inserts a new row into the same row number >on worksheets 2-6 >So if i have highlighted row 5 on worksheet 1 and then run >the macro, a new row is inserted on worksheet 1 and then >also the same happens, in the same position, on the >following 5 worksheets. > >My problem arises in the fact that i want the formulae i >have in the cells above(or below - it makes no difference) >the...